CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by CoCo »

nohandtyper wrote:My evidence is everything that I said before I voted you the first time plus the paragraph that I posted the other day saying that I felt you were lying ((which is really my OPINION) which all leads back to the evidence that was down before you claimed). This is the evidence that's "on the table:" Your lack of answering questions. Your "I'm gonna be gone for a while." Your unexplained accusations. Your pointless posts. Your phony claim. Your lying plot that you've had this entire game. Your saying "I had that evidence (in regard to the 'scumbuddies' voting pattern that was conveniently brought up by Reckoner (I believe) like 4 hours before you said that that was your evidence (convenient huh? because you struggled for a week before this to come up with anything))." Your sudden increase in posting/accusations since you've claimed. Yes DRK was right that you're hiding behind your claim. He wasnt the only one to notice that, and by the huge increase in your posting, I'm sure that others have easily noted that too.
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know thinking I might be away from the forums was a scumtell. Next time I'll just disappear. Of course, then I'd either get called out for lurking or replaced.
Seriously, you're using that to show I'm scum??? Dude, your re-vote happened BEFORE I let everyone know I might not be around!

My posts have had the same consistency since a week into the game. Again, this isn't a valid point.

I have been answering questions. Why are you grasping at that? I had a plan I didn't want to elaborate on. Oh fucking well... Hey, how about you make a list such as CDB did? Why the hell are you avoiding that? Everything I have done after my claim and admittance of a plan flies in the face of your so-called accusations.

Who else posted I was hiding behind my claim? Cite post numbers please.
nohandtyper wrote:You're mixing up evidence and opinion. The evidence was all leading up to your wall of text. My opinion comes after that. You had no problem seeing the evidence before your claim (otherwise you wouldnt have attempted to address all of those points). My opinion comes in when I say that I dont think you're telling the truth. Again, that's MY OPINION. You're wasting your time attacking me for my opinion which you're getting confused with fact.
You're basically saying the world is flat, even though we have maps showing that is not true. But, whatever, that's your opinion...
My opinion is that your are scum. Trying to get another bandwagon on me so you can lynch the cop, thus letting you and the rest of the scum a free nightkill.
Sorry... but I doubt your poor 'opinions' will catch on.
nohandtyper wrote:You know what? I dont want to hear from you again CoCo. I want to hear from the others. Have I made it COMPLETELY CLEAR why I voted for CoCo? I dont care if you agree with my vote or disagree, but do you see why I chose to? Have I laid it out well in the past two pages?
Are you seriously saying you get to make all the bullshit accusations against me you want and I don't have the right to respond? Wow. You are scummy as hell, NHT.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by stuntkeyboardist »

I said DRK posted that you were hiding behind your claim. If you're referring to the fact that I said that I'm sure the others have noticed too, well, that just implies that they havent made it known yet.

Your 'world is flat' analogy doesnt hold water. Otherwise you'd be saying that you see the evidence. In which case you shouldnt have asked for it. How about this one. Apples are fruit and grow on trees (fact). I dont like apples. I dont know why, I just dont (opinion).

I also never tried to have my opinions catch on.

Just for the record, I was never trying to start a bandwagon. If you look back, I was actually considering changing my vote from you.

If I'm so scummy, you should be voting me.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

NHT wrote: Your "I'm gonna be gone for a while."
I was fine with your reasons until that. I wouldn't buy that reason unless there was concrete proof to show he was lying about it. Plus, IIRC, that was after the votes on him had disappeared.
NHT wrote: Have I made it COMPLETELY CLEAR why I voted for CoCo? I dont care if you agree with my vote or disagree, but do you see why I chose to? Have I laid it out well in the past two pages?
Well I've sort of already responded, but it's clear to me. Except the quote I'm asking about.
CoCo wrote: And did you forget I defended him during the bandwagon, leading to several unvotes?
An old point, but I still don't see where you caused several unvotes
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by CoCo »

nohandtyper wrote:I said DRK posted that you were hiding behind your claim. If you're referring to the fact that I said that I'm sure the others have noticed too, well, that just implies that they havent made it known yet.
nohandtyper wrote: Yes DRK was right that you're hiding behind your claim. He wasnt the only one to notice that, and by the huge increase in your posting, I'm sure that others have easily noted that too.
Contradiction alert! What makes YOU so sure? This seems like a backpedal on your part. I had no idea you're capable of speaking for everybody. And let's not forget I get called out whenever I use 'everyone' instead of 'a couple other people.'

At least I'm using fact VS opinion...
nohandtyper wrote:If I'm so scummy, you should be voting me.
Twice now you've said this. Careful where you tread... I'm currently not voting for anyone. I certainly would have no issues with seeing you lynched. Especially at this point. And if I were to vote for you, I'll bet an undisclosed amount of money you'd immediately scream, "OMGUS!!!"
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by CoCo »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
CoCo wrote: And did you forget I defended him during the bandwagon, leading to several unvotes?
An old point, but I still don't see where you caused several unvotes
You're right. I'm just saying a couple of people (including you) unvoted after I made a defensive post regarding CB.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by stuntkeyboardist »

CoCo wrote:
nohandtyper wrote:I said DRK posted that you were hiding behind your claim. If you're referring to the fact that I said that I'm sure the others have noticed too, well, that just implies that they havent made it known yet.
nohandtyper wrote: Yes DRK was right that you're hiding behind your claim. He wasnt the only one to notice that, and by the huge increase in your posting, I'm sure that others have easily noted that too.
Contradiction alert! What makes YOU so sure? This seems like a backpedal on your part. I had no idea you're capable of speaking for everybody. And let's not forget I get called out whenever I use 'everyone' instead of 'a couple other people.'
The problem here is that when I say "He wasnt the only one to notice that" I'm referring to myself. I also only say others. I never refer to the group as everybody because I know not everybody will feel this way. There is no contradiction.

CoCo, I'm honestly not afraid of your vote. I would easily prefer a game where people use their votes more often. This is how I play and how I've always played. Dont threaten me with your vote, then hold off saying "JK!" and threaten me again. Just do it.

***NOTE*** To DRK and everybody:
I have seen games where people go V/LA to avoid being asked questions. A way to hide from the stress of the game. Any time a person does this when there are questions at hand, I find it suspicious. I think I voiced that I felt it was suspicious quite clearly when qax disappeared.
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by CoCo »

nohandtyper wrote:
CoCo wrote:
The problem here is that when I say "He wasnt the only one to notice that" I'm referring to myself. I also only say others. I never refer to the group as everybody because I know not everybody will feel this way. There is no contradiction.
So, 'the others' is not the same as saying 'everyone?' Because it sure seems like it is.

Anyone that thinks I'm hiding behind my claim, feel free to speak up.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

The following details the events (votes, unvotes, FoSes) involved with each wagon, in chronological order. All votes and FoSes given during a wagon will be posted, but an unvote will only be posted if it unvoted the wagonee (post numbers in parentheses; vote counts in brackets):

canadianbovine

Wicked random votes CB (38) [1]
Reckoner random votes CB (39) [2]
(Post 50: CB un-random votes NHT; Post 57: CB re-random votes NHT)
CoCo random votes C_o (70)
lobster FoSes CB (79)
NHT votes CB (80) [3]
CDB votes lobster (96)
lobster votes CB (107) [4]
DRK votes CB (125) [5]
Reckoner unvotes CB (169) [4]
(No more votes are put on CB)
CDB votes wolfram (177)
DRK unvotes CB (186) [3]
NHT unvotes CB (196) [2]
Wicked unvotes CB (216) [1]
lobster unvotes CB (237) [0]

xRECKONERx

(Post 214: Reckoner votes wolfram and the wagon begins)
CDB FoSes Reckoner (215)
Wicked FoSes CB, wolfram, and CDB (216)
MME votes Reckoner (218) [1]
Reckoner FoSes MME (225)
DRK FoSes CDB, wolfram, and CB (228)
C_o votes Wicked (229)
CoCo votes DRK (235)
lobster votes Reckoner (237) [2]
Wicked votes C_o (246)
NHT FoSes Reckoner (247)
CB votes qax (252)
C_o votes Reckoner (258) [3]
DRK votes Reckoner (265) [4]
NHT votes Reckonre (267) [5]
qax votes Reckoner (287) [6]
DRK unvotes Reckoner (288) [5]
DRK FoSes qax and Reckoner (289)
DRK votes Reckoner (293) [6]
(Post 294: Reckoner claims)
qax unvotes Reckoner (297) [5]
lobster unvotes Reckoner (308) [4]
NHT unvotes Reckoner (309) [3]
DRK unvotes Reckoner (313) [2]
CDB FoSes qax (317)
NHT FoSes qax (321)
C_o unvotes Reckoner (334) [1]
MME unvotes Reckoner (484) [0]

Note: First milestone of the CoCo wagon is a bit more difficult to pin down, so I started it at the first sign of suspicion (Post 360). Arguably, I should have started at Post 402. Not all events are included at the start.

CoCo

(Post 360: CoCo claims no opinions on anyone but me)
Reckoner FoSes CoCo (362)
CoCo FoSes Wicked (382)
CoCo votes Wicked (398)
(Post 402: Very pro-town)
lobster votes CoCo (408) [1]
NHT FoSes CoCo (410)
DRK FoSes CoCo (416)
DRK votes Wicked (422)
Wicked votes CoCo (434) [2]
DRK votes CoCo (449) [3]
NHT FoSes CoCo (460)
Reckoner votes CoCo (466) [4]
CB FoSes CoCo (472)
CDB FoSes Wicked and CoCo (489)
CDB votes CoCo (489) [5]
NHT votes CoCo (510) [6]
Reckoner unvotes CoCo (516) [5]
CB votes CoCo (520) [6]
(Post 530: CoCo claims)
NHT unvotes CoCo (537) [5]
DRK unvotes CoCo (541) [4]
qwints votes NHT (548)
CDB FoSes NHT (549)
DRK votes CoCo (558) [5]
DRK unvotes CoCo (613) [4]
CB unvotes CoCo (614) [3]
Wicked unvotes CoCo (624) [2]
NHT revotes CoCo (630 [3]
lobster unvotes CoCo (686) [2]
CDB unvotes CoCo (703) [1]
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Wicked, 246 wrote:
C_o wrote: unvote, vote:Wickedestjr for trying to defend reckoner not giving a reason for his vote.
Wow... I think you win the reward for least helpful contribution in the game. Vote: Conspicuous_other First of all I wasn't really defending him, I was just wondering what was wrong with withholding information. Then CDB gave me a good reason and I agreed with him, and now reckoner is currently one of the most suspicious people of my list of suspicions. Could you please answer the question that I asked in one of my previous posts?
I see C_o's vote as a bit odd: if he felt Reckoner's actions were scummy, why vote Wicked instead? Still, Wicked's vote feels a lot like an OMGUS. Wicked's post about Reckoner wasn't in question form and gave no indication of wanting a response so I don't like the excuse that he was "just wondering what was wrong with withholding information." He said Reckoner was one of his main suspects, yet this was his only comment on Reckoner:
Wicked, 246 wrote:So you are saying you withheld information knowing that it would make people vote for you?
Reckoner's post said he withheld information knowing it would make people vote for him, so this question was essentially useless. He spends the rest of his post discussing other people, with Reckoner more of a sidenote. His other targets included wolfram, me, C_o, and CDB.

I seem to remember seeing a couple more posts I wanted to point out, but scanning 32 pages for votes, unvotes, and FoSes has fried my brain and it's too late for me to be looking for more.
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

Vote Count:

CoCo – 1 (nohandtyper)
nohandtyper – 1 (qwints)
lobstermania – 1 (xRECKONERx)
canadianbovine – 1 (Wickedestjr)
Wickedestjr – 1 (ChannelDelibird)

Not voting:

ryan2754, Conspicuous_other, My Milked Eek, DeathRowKitty, canadianbovine, CoCo, lobstermania

xRECKONERx: you forgot to unvote before you voted Wicked.
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by ryan2754 »

Dang, fell behind again this weekend. Have to read 26-32, and still look over those three points from my post on page 25. Will do so most likely tomorrow, and will be caught up. Sorry for the delay.
Show
Town: 3-4*
Scum: 2-1
SK: 0-1
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oops, my bad.

Unvote, Vote Wicked
green shirt thursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:48 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

xRECKONERx wrote:However, something just caught my eye:
Wicked says lobster's responses satisfied him so he unvotes after nobody bites on the lobster case. I still think lobster is scum. CDB calls my case... what was it... oh yeah, "utter bullshit" (go jump off a bridge, by the way). Anyway, what was really scummy was how lobster was under fire from Wicked for so long, then he just randomly has a change of heart and says "his defense satisfied me". I still think lobster is scum, but I think Wicked has played much, much scummier.

Vote: Wicked

See: my previous case on Wicked for more support. I'll provide a further case if requested, but I think anyone should be able to see why.
I went through your case point-by-point in my big catch-up post, explaining why it's bullshit. Please tell me why I'm wrong, rather than telling me to jump off a bridge.
#greenshirtthursdays
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:19 am

Post by qwints »

Back, catching up.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:46 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Wicked, Post 338

That was Wicked's first post on this game since post 246, (the one I mentioned in my last post), which he made over three days earlier. At the time of his post, he was 2 or 3 pages behind, as he stated in his first sentence. Also note that the page he claimed to be up to was the page on which he made his last post, so he couldn't have read much new posting.
Wicked wrote:I think that reckoner needs to post a good defense that will actually get us to unvote, because repeating himself over and over again is nott going to make those voting for him unvote.
Why did he then feel the urge to post that? Reckoner had already claimed and given flavor, neither of which Wicked had seen. The unvoting had already begun, something Wicked also had not seen. If Wicked was behind 3 days worth of new developments, why did he post that Reckoner's defense was no good, especially when he never gave Reckoner so much as an FoS (Reckoner noted the lack of a vote/FoS in post 330).

As with the last post, he gave a few quick comments about Reckoner (the quote above was the only thoughts he gave about Reckoner). He then spends the rest of his post going after C_o.
Wicked wrote:
C_o wrote:
Wicked wrote:Good answer. I agree with this for the most part, but I find C_O a bit more suspicious then CDB at the moment.

Did you say this just based on my vote for you or are their other things involved?

Well before I voted you, you were not contributing at all.
Ironic that Wicked should use this as an argument, given that he hadn't even looked at this game in 3 days (he had still been posting on his other games). Between this post and the last one, I get the feeling it was largely based on C_o's vote.

Overall, it seems like Wicked was doing his best to seem like he was interested in the Reckoner situation, while actually distancing himself from it. He made those two posts (246 and 338) on the fringes of the Reckoner situation and disappeared in between.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:16 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Wicked, Post 347

Wicked's next post. Wicked's finally seen Reckoner's claim and believes it. Of course, logically, this is Wicked's first post dedicated mainly to Reckoner...
Wicked wrote:
Reckoner wrote:In retrospect, not much. At the time, I thought it had caused you to jump the gun. I should have held out a bit longer and seen who else jumped on the bandwagon, but I was too impulsive.

You were considering withholding information longer?
This is the second question Wicked's asked that basically requested a reiteration of what he quoted (the first is quoted in one of my recent posts).

In Wicked's next post (Post 364), Wicked asks if Reckoner plans on making a kill. Then we get the infamous CB unvote/revote contradiction, after which he disappeared for a few more days.

Conclusion-
Vote: Wicked
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Good.
green shirt thursdays
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by CoCo »

Regardless how scummy NHT seems to me, I still think Wicked is the best candidate for a lynch right now.

Vote: Wicked.
Show
Record:

Town: 3
Power Role: 3
Special: 1
Scum: 0
Ongoing: 2

W/L/D: 3/1/0
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Slow day...anyone who hasn't already given an opinion on the recent Wicked situation, please do so.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

i kind of want him to come back and respond to my post. I put a lot of time and effort into that and would be ashamed.

thats 4 votes, correct?

CDB, Kitty, Coco, Wicked?
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by CoCo »

CDB, DRK, Reck, and myself are voting for Wicked.
Show
Record:

Town: 3
Power Role: 3
Special: 1
Scum: 0
Ongoing: 2

W/L/D: 3/1/0
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by ryan2754 »

Final post to catch up:
1.) Thoroughly read over xRx's case on Lobster, and Lobster's response when it comes.

- I do find is unvote after NHT calls him out about it interesting. He had his vote on Wicked, FOS'd, then got called on it, then unvoted without placing a vote. Seems like a hint of fencesitting and reactionary voting.
- He supports his eventual vote of CB, and at least he lays a case (sure, most of it is rehash but there IS a decent case).
- His so called "plan" and use of FOS he says is different than most peoples. However, as a point in the case against him? Not so much. See this as more game-theory.
- Group consensus on certain terms is unnecessary, and would seize game day discussion. Anti-town in nature.
- Sudden change in opinion seems like it came from your response about who your trap ensnared. He even quotes your post. At least to me it seems obvious.
-
XrX, what do you find odd about that exchange between him and Qax

- Of all the things, I find his vote of Coco to be the most suspicious thing, for reasons XrX stated.
- Reading Wicked's PBPA of Lobster doesn't really change my mind either way about XrX's case and logic/reasonings.
- THOUGHTS on CASE: Some of XrX's points are solid, where others are fairly weak. Overall, I find the case to be OK - again some good points by XrX, and some that aren't merited.

- THOUGHTS ON RESPONSE: Lobster responds. I agree with XrX, and find many of his responses lackluster. Sure, lobster defends himself against the points I find as weak in XrX's arguments, but is extremely lacking in his responses to the solid points in XrX's case. He doesn't even really defend himself half the time, and instead tries to strawman some of the points ("Let's see where it goes" response). I do agree with Lobster though on his take of Wicked's PBPA. Actually makes Wicked seem scummier.

2.) Thoroughly read over CoCo's case on DRK, and DRK's response that has already come.

- The whole L-2, L-1 pressure debate is a null tell in my opinion. Each person has their own opinion. I, personally, don't really believe much in the concept of a pressure vote. Either a person deserves a vote, or they do not, based on scummy behavior. The only time I sense a need for a pressure vote is when someone isn't talking, and needs to. With regards to L-2 and L-1 points, I think placing a person at those places is dependant on the number of people, the content, the current game-state, etc. I find them to be fairly arbitrary in the grand scheme of things. Putting people at L-1 is a common tactic and a great way to not only catch hammerings scum, opportunistic scum wanting to not hammer (be the L-2 -> L-1 vote), and get maybe some last minute tells from the person at question. Either way, I think the logic behind this point by Coco goes down to game-theory, not scum-tells.
- I really don't see how DRK got the answer to your question from another player - I don't even see where you asked him a question, and subsequently don't see where he answered a question. I just see a discussion /dialogue on CB's responses.
-
Coco, why do you find his 3 FoS post to be "interesting?"
I am intrigued by the answer: I played in a game and made a huge post over a few pages of content on a Day 1, and FoS'd 3 people in the same post, and got called scummy for it. Do you think FoSing 3 people is scummy? Why? I've done it before, and I don't think it is scummy, but again, this seems to come down to personal game-theory as well. Like lobster sees an FoS as (last chance before a vote), I use an FOS like an open suspicion - it merely shows to the other players in open and easy to understand writing that I find that person suspicious. I am intrigued to your answer though.
- Definitely don't like DRK's role speculation.
- I do think you have a good point about DRK's not finding your posts scummy, then finding them scummy, only 27 posts later. He does respond, but it seems CoCo was away, and didn't really have time to respond, and the topic changed subjects. I find this to be much better evidence of scummy behavior than the whole pressure situation, which I have already discussed, however, you seem to be going back to the pressure thing more. Any reason why?
-
Coco, why did his response make you feel uneasy about Qax?
As an aside, Coco, you seem to make a lot of statements "weird, suspicious, interesting" without really explaining why.
-
THOUGHTS on CASE: Decent. DRK has indeed contradicted himself, and did speculate about the cop. Think the whole pressure reasoning/argument is lackluster, though.

-
THOUGHTS on RESPONSE: Meh. DRK then responds. His response his fairly brief, but he responds to everything, and says some of the same things I was thinking. Either way, his explanation is OK, but what is really off is that he says he didn't contradict himself. Some of his responses aren't even against the actual argument, either. It does seem that CoCo is misconstruing a few of the posts, though.

-
Coco, can you please respond to the whole plan thing with regards to how Wicked fit in there? Did you really find him scummy or was he just a smokescreen? I don't really see what you meant by your "plan."

canadianbovine wrote:
unvote

i honestly don't care who we lynch anymore, seems like we've fished out the power roles. i just want this day to end.
seriously? Is this a serious comment?

Wickedestjr wrote: Yes. I made a mistake and I apologized and unvoted for it. What's wrong with that?
This doesn't make it any less scummy.

Wickedestjr wrote: What huge point did xRx notice? The quote of mine that you quoted afterwards had nothing to do with xRx. It was a response to NHT. Please explain this once more.
When you contradicted yourself. He makes a post with two quotes, both from you, both very contradictory. The post speaks for itself.

Wickedestjr wrote:

Well, most of your points have been in agreement with the majority of the town. Are there any things that you disagree with that most of the town agrees about?
Isn't it pretty obvious? If you agree with one side of the argument, you tend to disagree with the other. Thus, if NHT and CDB are in argument, and I agree with CDB, I disagree with NHT. Not that hard.

Wickedestjr wrote:

So would you not find it scummy if somebody gave a vote to somebody without saying why other than "see his reasons" ?
I really depends. Often times, if the case is extremely weak, and some tags a vote along with it, then yes - usually I would say bring something new to the table. But when it is a long, thought out argument that has clear intentions and is formulated well, and someone votes in accordance with that argument within a few posts, than no. Normally, when someone makes a very good case, some players agree, and vote with, and others withhold, waiting for a response. Now, it all depends on the speed, and how many people agree with no further supplementation and the response by the player. There are so many variables it's not a black and white scenario.

Wickedestjr wrote: Overall, I have a feeling that lobster is scum and his scumbuddies are NHT and CB. I think this because lobster hesitated to vote for CB and gave an FoS to NHT when he wasn't voting anybody else. Lobster and NHT were also on three of the bandwagons. I think we should lynch lobster because it will tell us about CB and NHT more than a CB or NHT lynch would.
I know a decent number of people do this, but making scumbuddies and scumpairings on D1, in my opinion, is a strictly anti-town thing to do. Not only is it D1, but scum have the opportunity to buss, defend, attack whomever they want, and have inside knowledge on who is scum and who is town. I also see it to be a form of tunnelling, because many people get hooked on those scumbuddies, and if Lobster turns up as town then that person is biased towards the other two players because of the flip of another, which should never happen D1.

Wickedestjr wrote: @ryan - What did you think about wolf's play? What do you think about lobster? (If you haven't answered this already, please direct me to where you answered this.)
Answered about XrX's case on Lobster. Currently awaiting a defense.

As for Wolf. Although I will not be able to adequately explain his posts, I will shed light on what I saw from his posts. He makes a good point about Lobster's FOS, and subsequent unvote. He then further delves into it with Lobster, almost to the point of tunnelling if he were posting more frequently. He then makes a pro-town post discussing/questioning Lobster's vote and DRK's voting. He then makes the Lobster lurker post, which makes me go "WTF?" His responses to CDB are less than convincing, in my opinion. Although I think people were getting hung up on word choice, the initial post about Lobster lurking by Wolf still confuses me. It seemed like a fairly unnecessary post and a way to get more people to look a lobster, albeit in a confusing manner. He then goes into hiding and the limelight gets switched to CDB et al. He then comes back in, using NHT's post about grasping at straws. IIoA, in a way. Someone then asks for his opinion on XrX and he never shows. I appear out of thin air. Thus, I found his play slightly disheartening, and slightly suspicious, but not in as much as I did other players at that point in the game (pages 1-17).

Personally, DRK, I don't know who I feel may be lying about their claims. Both have made adequate responses. Both used flavour from their role PMs. Initially it was gut that one of them was lying, but the more I think about it the more I feel as though both are telling the truth. It's an interesting predicament we are in with two PR claims so far. Suffice to say, although I feel neither of them are worthy of a vote at this stage, doesn't mean I don't find them off the hook, so to speak.

NHT - Mentioning insane cop? In a mini? And you are using it as a possible reason to still be voting CoCo? REALLY? What of Coco's didn't makes sense? Your post where you vote Coco is WAY too vague to be construed as anything of a logical argument. Why do you find Qax scummy again?
What are you trying to prove from Wicked's meta thing? That he is playing to his meta? What was his role in the other games?
DeathRowKitty wrote: Ryan seems a bit eager to accuse people. I don't exactly have an unbiased opinion of him since wolfram never answered to our accusations, but I do find Ryan a bit scummy. I want to see his take on the most recent developments.
Quick to accuse people? How so? Can I see some examples? Also, you do need to take into account I am catching up on 35 some pages, and taking it in chronological order. So when other people's accusations are spread across multiple pages and multiple posts, mine have been condensed into a few posts because I am pretty much playing catch up. So pretty much I read the pages, state my feelings as I read. It is spread over a very large amount of reading. Weak argument, especially without support.

[quote="Wickedestjr] Oh and just warning you, that is an ongoing game so you shouldn't be talking about it.
[/quote]
Well that answers my question, and makes NHT even more scummier. Using an ongoing game, where you don't know someone's alignment, and saying he is posting similar to that game DOES us absolutely no good and it null-information, not to mention it's an ongoing game.
Wickedestjr wrote: Question to everybody: Other than my contradiction earlier, what exactly have I done that has seemed scummy, because I've notieced at least a few of you are suspicious of me.
WICKED:

You said you had evidence of NHT being scummy, then dropped it, essentially proving you were concocting an argument.
Your petty attack on my accordance with other people's posts, and saying it's a scumtell.
Your attempt in 624 to strawman my responses and make them seem petty and that I simply think "See his reasons" is relevant in all cases.
Your rolefishing.
Your insistence that apologizing for bad play and/or acknowledging it post factum makes it less scummy.
You use something as a case against lobster, then say that it isn't scummy.
You agree with someone in their PBPA, but vote them.

I find the cases on CB to be extremely weak (because he was absent? RVS bs? Really?)CB's most recent response (743) gives a very pro-town vibe - no hostility, just straight response.
canadianbovine wrote: I havent posted a lot because i was V/LA and since then the game is kind of wishy washy in content. we're almost at page 30.
This can't be a serious statement. This game has more content than a lot of the games I have played on this site. You must just be blind. I've been in games with 50pages D1's. It happens.

Also, I am again disheartened by all this linking stuff this early in D1. It really does seem like vicious tunnelling by multiple individuals, since they are stuck on these "links" based off "these three people voted together." Utter crap. In essence, I agree with CDB. Not only that, CoCo has jumped into the ship saying "If NHT/Wicked is scum, the other isn't." A bigtime anti-town thing to do, because you are tunnelling and allowing others to be tunnelled, and thus, possibly losing another lynch based on your relationships/scumpairings, especially on D1.
CoCo wrote:Hungover memory:

I keep forgetting to mention that CDB did have a vote on me. I was mistaken. DRK did not, I think. I still don't understand why he was hanging around and fighting to lynch me, even after I came clean with me plan.

I'm starting to get a vibe off DRK insomuch that perhaps Reckoner was correct in his assumption that DRK is town. I'm not convinced, but recent developments are suggesting I drop my case on him and concentrate on more likely candidates for the time being. Namely, NHT, Wicked, and Lobster.
What do you mean by recent developments?

DeathRowKitty wrote:He didn't think your long post was true and liberally used his vote to vote you. From my perspective, it's a bad decision, but from his, it's not.
So now you know what NHT thinks are good decisions?

NHT and CoCo, calm down.

As of right now, I would choose Wicked/DRK as most suspicious. Lobster, although the case is OK, his response was extremely lackluster, I feel he is alynch candidate at a deadline if the baove two don't get pushed.
However, my next order of business, now that I am caught up, is to do a PBPA of NHT. He hasn't sit well with me all game (even before this CoCo NHT shenanigans), and I find him quite scummy. I am fairly spent again, but now that I am caught up, will post more frequently.

I am still going to do a PBPA of NHT, but for now:
Vote:Wicked
Reasons again below:

You said you had evidence of NHT being scummy, then dropped it, essentially proving you were concocting an argument.
Your petty attack on my accordance with other people's posts, and saying it's a scumtell.
Your attempt in 624 to strawman my responses and make them seem petty and that I simply think "See his reasons" is relevant in all cases.
Your rolefishing.
Your insistence that apologizing for bad play and/or acknowledging it post factum makes it less scummy.

You OMGUS vote C_O for not being around, when you were gone for three days.
You say XrX's defense is no good, but never even FOS him.

Well I am officially caught up. Expect more frequent posting (save my PBPA of NHT).

DRK, since your did the vote analysis, I will look at that for any possible leads.

Now that I am officially caught up page wise:
1.) PBPA NHT
2.) Analyze wagons.
3.) Post more frequently, so you all don't have to deal with my walls of text.
Show
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by ryan2754 »

EBWOP: Fixed tags.

Final post to catch up:
1.) Thoroughly read over xRx's case on Lobster, and Lobster's response when it comes.

- I do find is unvote after NHT calls him out about it interesting. He had his vote on Wicked, FOS'd, then got called on it, then unvoted without placing a vote. Seems like a hint of fencesitting and reactionary voting.
- He supports his eventual vote of CB, and at least he lays a case (sure, most of it is rehash but there IS a decent case).
- His so called "plan" and use of FOS he says is different than most peoples. However, as a point in the case against him? Not so much. See this as more game-theory.
- Group consensus on certain terms is unnecessary, and would seize game day discussion. Anti-town in nature.
- Sudden change in opinion seems like it came from your response about who your trap ensnared. He even quotes your post. At least to me it seems obvious.
-
XrX, what do you find odd about that exchange between him and Qax

- Of all the things, I find his vote of Coco to be the most suspicious thing, for reasons XrX stated.
- Reading Wicked's PBPA of Lobster doesn't really change my mind either way about XrX's case and logic/reasonings.
- THOUGHTS on CASE: Some of XrX's points are solid, where others are fairly weak. Overall, I find the case to be OK - again some good points by XrX, and some that aren't merited.

- THOUGHTS ON RESPONSE: Lobster responds. I agree with XrX, and find many of his responses lackluster. Sure, lobster defends himself against the points I find as weak in XrX's arguments, but is extremely lacking in his responses to the solid points in XrX's case. He doesn't even really defend himself half the time, and instead tries to strawman some of the points ("Let's see where it goes" response). I do agree with Lobster though on his take of Wicked's PBPA. Actually makes Wicked seem scummier.

2.) Thoroughly read over CoCo's case on DRK, and DRK's response that has already come.

- The whole L-2, L-1 pressure debate is a null tell in my opinion. Each person has their own opinion. I, personally, don't really believe much in the concept of a pressure vote. Either a person deserves a vote, or they do not, based on scummy behavior. The only time I sense a need for a pressure vote is when someone isn't talking, and needs to. With regards to L-2 and L-1 points, I think placing a person at those places is dependant on the number of people, the content, the current game-state, etc. I find them to be fairly arbitrary in the grand scheme of things. Putting people at L-1 is a common tactic and a great way to not only catch hammerings scum, opportunistic scum wanting to not hammer (be the L-2 -> L-1 vote), and get maybe some last minute tells from the person at question. Either way, I think the logic behind this point by Coco goes down to game-theory, not scum-tells.
- I really don't see how DRK got the answer to your question from another player - I don't even see where you asked him a question, and subsequently don't see where he answered a question. I just see a discussion /dialogue on CB's responses.
-
Coco, why do you find his 3 FoS post to be "interesting?"
I am intrigued by the answer: I played in a game and made a huge post over a few pages of content on a Day 1, and FoS'd 3 people in the same post, and got called scummy for it. Do you think FoSing 3 people is scummy? Why? I've done it before, and I don't think it is scummy, but again, this seems to come down to personal game-theory as well. Like lobster sees an FoS as (last chance before a vote), I use an FOS like an open suspicion - it merely shows to the other players in open and easy to understand writing that I find that person suspicious. I am intrigued to your answer though.
- Definitely don't like DRK's role speculation.
- I do think you have a good point about DRK's not finding your posts scummy, then finding them scummy, only 27 posts later. He does respond, but it seems CoCo was away, and didn't really have time to respond, and the topic changed subjects. I find this to be much better evidence of scummy behavior than the whole pressure situation, which I have already discussed, however, you seem to be going back to the pressure thing more. Any reason why?
-
Coco, why did his response make you feel uneasy about Qax?
As an aside, Coco, you seem to make a lot of statements "weird, suspicious, interesting" without really explaining why.
-
THOUGHTS on CASE: Decent. DRK has indeed contradicted himself, and did speculate about the cop. Think the whole pressure reasoning/argument is lackluster, though.

-
THOUGHTS on RESPONSE: Meh. DRK then responds. His response his fairly brief, but he responds to everything, and says some of the same things I was thinking. Either way, his explanation is OK, but what is really off is that he says he didn't contradict himself. Some of his responses aren't even against the actual argument, either. It does seem that CoCo is misconstruing a few of the posts, though.

-
Coco, can you please respond to the whole plan thing with regards to how Wicked fit in there? Did you really find him scummy or was he just a smokescreen? I don't really see what you meant by your "plan."

canadianbovine wrote:
unvote

i honestly don't care who we lynch anymore, seems like we've fished out the power roles. i just want this day to end.
seriously? Is this a serious comment?

Wickedestjr wrote: Yes. I made a mistake and I apologized and unvoted for it. What's wrong with that?
This doesn't make it any less scummy.

Wickedestjr wrote: What huge point did xRx notice? The quote of mine that you quoted afterwards had nothing to do with xRx. It was a response to NHT. Please explain this once more.
When you contradicted yourself. He makes a post with two quotes, both from you, both very contradictory. The post speaks for itself.

Wickedestjr wrote:

Well, most of your points have been in agreement with the majority of the town. Are there any things that you disagree with that most of the town agrees about?
Isn't it pretty obvious? If you agree with one side of the argument, you tend to disagree with the other. Thus, if NHT and CDB are in argument, and I agree with CDB, I disagree with NHT. Not that hard.

Wickedestjr wrote:

So would you not find it scummy if somebody gave a vote to somebody without saying why other than "see his reasons" ?
I really depends. Often times, if the case is extremely weak, and some tags a vote along with it, then yes - usually I would say bring something new to the table. But when it is a long, thought out argument that has clear intentions and is formulated well, and someone votes in accordance with that argument within a few posts, than no. Normally, when someone makes a very good case, some players agree, and vote with, and others withhold, waiting for a response. Now, it all depends on the speed, and how many people agree with no further supplementation and the response by the player. There are so many variables it's not a black and white scenario.

Wickedestjr wrote: Overall, I have a feeling that lobster is scum and his scumbuddies are NHT and CB. I think this because lobster hesitated to vote for CB and gave an FoS to NHT when he wasn't voting anybody else. Lobster and NHT were also on three of the bandwagons. I think we should lynch lobster because it will tell us about CB and NHT more than a CB or NHT lynch would.
I know a decent number of people do this, but making scumbuddies and scumpairings on D1, in my opinion, is a strictly anti-town thing to do. Not only is it D1, but scum have the opportunity to buss, defend, attack whomever they want, and have inside knowledge on who is scum and who is town. I also see it to be a form of tunnelling, because many people get hooked on those scumbuddies, and if Lobster turns up as town then that person is biased towards the other two players because of the flip of another, which should never happen D1.

Wickedestjr wrote: @ryan - What did you think about wolf's play? What do you think about lobster? (If you haven't answered this already, please direct me to where you answered this.)
Answered about XrX's case on Lobster.
As for Wolf. Although I will not be able to adequately explain his posts, I will shed light on what I saw from his posts. He makes a good point about Lobster's FOS, and subsequent unvote. He then further delves into it with Lobster, almost to the point of tunnelling if he were posting more frequently. He then makes a pro-town post discussing/questioning Lobster's vote and DRK's voting. He then makes the Lobster lurker post, which makes me go "WTF?" His responses to CDB are less than convincing, in my opinion. Although I think people were getting hung up on word choice, the initial post about Lobster lurking by Wolf still confuses me. It seemed like a fairly unnecessary post and a way to get more people to look a lobster, albeit in a confusing manner. He then goes into hiding and the limelight gets switched to CDB et al. He then comes back in, using NHT's post about grasping at straws. IIoA, in a way. Someone then asks for his opinion on XrX and he never shows. I appear out of thin air. Thus, I found his play slightly disheartening, and slightly suspicious, but not in as much as I did other players at that point in the game (pages 1-17).

Personally, DRK, I don't know who I feel may be lying about their claims. Both have made adequate responses. Both used flavour from their role PMs. Initially it was gut that one of them was lying, but the more I think about it the more I feel as though both are telling the truth. It's an interesting predicament we are in with two PR claims so far. Suffice to say, although I feel neither of them are worthy of a vote at this stage, doesn't mean I don't find them off the hook, so to speak.

NHT - Mentioning insane cop? In a mini? And you are using it as a possible reason to still be voting CoCo? REALLY? What of Coco's didn't makes sense? Your post where you vote Coco is WAY too vague to be construed as anything of a logical argument. Why do you find Qax scummy again?
What are you trying to prove from Wicked's meta thing? That he is playing to his meta? What was his role in the other games?
DeathRowKitty wrote: Ryan seems a bit eager to accuse people. I don't exactly have an unbiased opinion of him since wolfram never answered to our accusations, but I do find Ryan a bit scummy. I want to see his take on the most recent developments.
Quick to accuse people? How so? Can I see some examples? Also, you do need to take into account I am catching up on 35 some pages, and taking it in chronological order. So when other people's accusations are spread across multiple pages and multiple posts, mine have been condensed into a few posts because I am pretty much playing catch up. So pretty much I read the pages, state my feelings as I read. It is spread over a very large amount of reading. Weak argument, especially without support.

Wickedestjr wrote: Oh and just warning you, that is an ongoing game so you shouldn't be talking about it.
Well that answers my question, and makes NHT even more scummier. Using an ongoing game, where you don't know someone's alignment, and saying he is posting similar to that game DOES us absolutely no good and it null-information, not to mention it's an ongoing game.
Wickedestjr wrote: Question to everybody: Other than my contradiction earlier, what exactly have I done that has seemed scummy, because I've notieced at least a few of you are suspicious of me.
WICKED:

Your rolefishing.

I find the cases on CB to be extremely weak (because he was absent? RVS bs? Really?)CB's most recent response (743) gives a very pro-town vibe - no hostility, just straight response.
canadianbovine wrote: I havent posted a lot because i was V/LA and since then the game is kind of wishy washy in content. we're almost at page 30.
This can't be a serious statement. This game has more content than a lot of the games I have played on this site. You must just be blind. I've been in games with 50pages D1's. It happens.

Also, I am again disheartened by all this linking stuff this early in D1. It really does seem like vicious tunnelling by multiple individuals, since they are stuck on these "links" based off "these three people voted together." Utter crap. In essence, I agree with CDB. Not only that, CoCo has jumped into the ship saying "If NHT/Wicked is scum, the other isn't." A bigtime anti-town thing to do, because you are tunnelling and allowing others to be tunnelled, and thus, possibly losing another lynch based on your relationships/scumpairings, especially on D1.
CoCo wrote:Hungover memory:

I keep forgetting to mention that CDB did have a vote on me. I was mistaken. DRK did not, I think. I still don't understand why he was hanging around and fighting to lynch me, even after I came clean with me plan.

I'm starting to get a vibe off DRK insomuch that perhaps Reckoner was correct in his assumption that DRK is town. I'm not convinced, but recent developments are suggesting I drop my case on him and concentrate on more likely candidates for the time being. Namely, NHT, Wicked, and Lobster.
What do you mean by recent developments?

DeathRowKitty wrote:He didn't think your long post was true and liberally used his vote to vote you. From my perspective, it's a bad decision, but from his, it's not.
So now you know what NHT thinks are good decisions?

NHT and CoCo, calm down.

As of right now, I would choose Wicked/DRK as most suspicious. Lobster, although the case is OK, his response was extremely lackluster, I feel he is alynch candidate at a deadline if the baove two don't get pushed.
However, my next order of business, now that I am caught up, is to do a PBPA of NHT. He hasn't sit well with me all game (even before this CoCo NHT shenanigans), and I find him quite scummy. I am fairly spent again, but now that I am caught up, will post more frequently.

I am still going to do a PBPA of NHT, but for now:
Vote:Wicked
Reasons again below:

Your rolefishing.

You OMGUS vote C_O for not being around, when you were gone for three days.
You say XrX's defense is no good, but never even FOS him.

Well I am officially caught up. Expect more frequent posting (save my PBPA of NHT).

DRK, since your did the vote analysis, I will look at that for any possible leads.

Now that I am officially caught up page wise:
1.) PBPA NHT
2.) Analyze wagons.
3.) Post more frequently, so you all don't have to deal with my walls of text.[/quote]
Show
Unlynched.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

dizzyingly long there ryan,
ryan wrote: This can't be a serious statement. This game has more content than a lot of the games I have played on this site. You must just be blind. I've been in games with 50pages D1's. It happens.
look at the games i listed for those who wanted to find my meta.

newbie 666
- 26 pages total.
newbie 715 - 23 pages total
mini 730 - 25 pages total
newbie 685 - 31 pages total

so this game, mini 807, already being 32 pages long, has been the longest game i've ever been in. Not to mention i've never been to endgame, and 2 of those games i replaced into. For me, this has been a long game.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by lobstermania »

So I did an iso read on Wicked, since I haven't focused on him that much in this game:

219 - Wicked defends xRECKx's choice to vote wolf without any justification.

246 - In his next post he agrees with CDB's explanation of why xRECKx's actions were scummy. He uses this later in his post to vote C_o saying that he's had a revelation and C_o is scummy for accusing him before CDB convinced Wicked he was wrong.

338 - He suggests xRECKx defend himself "that will actually get us to unvote" even though Wicked is voting C_o...

662 - (While voting for me) Wicked suggests that CB is actually scummier, so maybe he will change his vote......maybe.

FoS for sure, but I'm still not fully convinced about placing a vote on him. Am I missing anything?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”