ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:57 am

Post by ZazieR »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:Right but remember the game history you quoted used a different term than "gatekeeper".

What if we are being mind screwed with scum being allowed to use "town-like-looking powers" and safeclaims and such? All this claiming left and right, I've never really seen a decent game go like this...

For Amish Ed's claim to be fake he would need to be scum with a townie-healing power...

I mean it just seems too far fetched.
I don't want to go into details about this. It would be much better to hear from Amished or a replacement first.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:58 am

Post by ZazieR »

Xtoxm wrote:The deadline shouldn't matter. Steph is caught in a lie.
This,
Vote Stepho
Ignore the ''R''
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:07 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I am not lying, and AGAIN, the PM is not specific as to what exactly is my role and alignment, and what are Naomi's. Everything I know is pretty much out there now.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:09 am

Post by ZazieR »

Stephoscope wrote:I am not lying, and AGAIN, the PM is not specific as to what exactly is my role and alignment, and what are Naomi's. Everything I know is pretty much out there now.
Uhum?!
Stepho wrote:My PM provides my role and my alignment. I learn others' role and alignment when I investigate, as I made clear.
Ignore the ''R''
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:13 am

Post by populartajo »

So lets see how this went:
Stephoscope wrote:For the love of God...
I am Janine. I am an investigative reporter, and am Innocent.

I can check one player each night, and learn his or her role and alignment.

I investigated Naomi last night. Her roleclaim was legitimate. She is Trilby.
Please protect me tonight.
So far good.
Stephoscope wrote:Paraphrasing the rest of my flavor: I am knowledgeable about the true activities of "the Optimology organization". I wish to find anyone who would do harm to me "and fellow Innocents".
At this point I thought that Steph claim was legit. I hated the "fellow Innocents" but Optimology organization and Janine seem difficult to fake for counterclaiming reasons.
Stephoscope wrote:I am not going to do that because
my PM does not say "The name is THIS and the role is THAT and the alignment is THAT"
. I have already mentioned, carefully and in different places, all the relevant information in my PM...and if the mod was at all consistent, Naomi will be able to verify it.
Which directly contradicts the first post.
Stephoscope wrote:I am not trying to be confusing. Naomi's role is either "Trilby" or "Infamous Gentleman Thief." I learned nothing else about her that could be considered a "role". I am quite sure she can verify that my posts reflect what's in her PM.

My PM specifically contains the words "and fellow Innocents", and indicates quite clearly that I am pro-town.
Which further smells like shit because you first said "I am Innocent" which we know now that is a vanillager claim. You probably are what you claimed but failed in faking the "Innocent" part, information accessible to everyone in the OP.

Also, what the Mod said.
Stephoscope wrote:The words "Anti-Spirit" are also in my PM.
Last attempt to bring something credible?

Really, whats wrong with so many people here. Specially Elmo. I have no idea why this wagon is being held so hard.

Unvote Vote : Steph.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Look, I know that I am Janine, and an investigative reporter, and have fellow Innocents. I know that Naomi is Trilby, and is an infamous gentleman thief. And I was specifically told I learn roles and alignments when I investigate...but the results are not clear as to what's what.

I am in disbelief. Everything I have done in this game is consistent with my role. I am sorry that roleclaiming is difficult, but mine is legitimate as is Naomi's.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:17 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Stephoscope wrote:Look, I know that I am Janine, and an investigative reporter, and have fellow Innocents. I know that Naomi is Trilby, and is an infamous gentleman thief. And I was specifically told I learn roles and alignments when I investigate...but the results are not clear as to what's what.

I am in disbelief. Everything I have done in this game is consistent with my role. I am sorry that roleclaiming is difficult, but mine is legitimate as is Naomi's.
I believe this.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:21 am

Post by ZazieR »

Stephoscope wrote:Look, I know that I am Janine, and an investigative reporter, and have fellow Innocents. I know that Naomi is Trilby, and is an infamous gentleman thief. And I was specifically told I learn roles and alignments when I investigate...but the results are not clear as to what's what.

Then state what Naomi's allignment is, what the PM about 'anti-spirit' says and why Naomi didn't claim 'infamous'.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:22 am

Post by ZazieR »

And respond to post 2428.
Ignore the ''R''
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:26 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:

Then state what Naomi's allignment is, what the PM about 'anti-spirit' says and why Naomi didn't claim 'infamous'.

I don't know why Naomi didn't claim "infamous". Ask her.

AGAIN, AGAIN, my PM does not specifically state "This is the alignment:". EVERYTHING I learned has been stated. Are you trying to get me modkilled?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:29 am

Post by populartajo »

Steph, please exlplain this concisely:

The Mod said that Innocent means Vanillager.

Your PM says you are innocent.

How can you be a cop and a Vanillager at the same time?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I am not a "Vanillager". I have the abilities I claimed. My PM specifically states "and fellow Innocents", and I am quite obviously a pro-town role.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote: Although purposing polices is usually bad, I have one to suggest. How about if we get to two days before deadline, we lynch the person with the most votes.IF there are two wagons that might possible go through (one at 6, the other at 5) then we will force everybody to chose between one of those two wagons. Sound good?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:56 am

Post by ZazieR »

Stephoscope wrote:
ZazieR wrote:

I don't know why Naomi didn't claim "infamous". Ask her.

AGAIN, AGAIN, my PM does not specifically state "This is the alignment:". EVERYTHING I learned has been stated. Are you trying to get me modkilled?
I already did ask her.
As for the allignment, according to you it's stated in your role PM. So from the results you've claimed to have gotten, you should be able to compare to see what her allignment is. Instead, you're saying 'Innocent and/or Pro-town'. How come?
And no, I'm not trying to get you mod-killed. However, paraphrasing is allowed. So state what was said about 'anti-spirit' in the PM you're claiming to have gotten.

And after looking again, an Innocent is a townie. So how can you have fellow townies, when you're not a townie according to you?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:58 am

Post by ZazieR »

Stephoscope wrote:I am not a "Vanillager". I have the abilities I claimed. My PM specifically states "and fellow Innocents", and I am quite obviously a pro-town role.
Ok, sorry, but I don't see how come you're obv a pro-town role.
Could you explain why you are one according to you?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:00 am

Post by ZazieR »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote: Although purposing polices is usually bad, I have one to suggest. How about if we get to two days before deadline, we lynch the person with the most votes.IF there are two wagons that might possible go through (one at 6, the other at 5) then we will force everybody to chose between one of those two wagons. Sound good?
Sure. However, I wonder if every player will notice :roll:
Ignore the ''R''
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Stephoscope »

My role PM specifically states that I am on the side of fellow Innocents.

I am clearly pro-town based on my role and PM.

My PM about Naomi's role uses both the terms "pro-town" and "anti-Spirit".

How is it not completely freaking obvious that I investigated Naomi last night and was doing everything possible to clear her today?
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Rock or stepho are clearly the only people who will be lynched today.
Can everyone please get on the stepho or rock wagon.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:36 am

Post by dramonic »

Don't you think you're pushing a bit too hard Zazie?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Elmo »

Stephoscope wrote:I am Janine. I am an investigative reporter, and am Innocent.
is what he said. He did not say "I am an Innocent" which I agree would = diescumdie. My point is a role PM that says "you are an Innocent" explicitly says your role (Innocent) and implies your alignment (Innocent-aligned). A non-vanilla role PM would have to give a role and alignment, which would look like "you are a reporter and are Innocent" or something.

It's entirely possible he's fakeclaiming, but there isn't any proof of that, as far as I can see. I would be liable to take a Stepho lynch over a no lynch just for sanity's sake, though.
Pyromaniac wrote:
Can everyone please get on the stepho or rock wagon.
Also, that, I guess.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

The mod has made clear the "Good factions" are seperate to Innocents.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

^that.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Elmo »

Okay. Why would an investigative reporter be Good rather than Innocent?

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Because Innocent means Vanilla. Why do you need this explaining?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Elmo »

Because Innocent-the-role = Vanilla Townie, yes, but he
didn't claim
to be Innocent-the-role. He said "I am a reporter and I am Innocent". To me, that is clearly intended to claim role (reporter) and alignment (Innocent). At minimum, in context, he is clearly not claiming Innocent as a role.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Rules
2b. During the night,
Good and Evil specials
have 3 days in real-time to PM me with their actions and targets, or simply to confirm that they are not using their ability.
Note that it says "Good & Evil specials". That implies there are Good players who are not special, i.e. do not have an ability.
The rules say "Innocents win if they destroy all Evil players". I would think Good players share that win condition. So I am pretty sure Innocent players and Good players are aligned together. I would currently say Innocents are Good-aligned; that is, Good = Town and Innocent = Townie.

So basically I don't see why a Good power role would be told "you are Good" as opposed to "you are Innocent".

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”