VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

That's all the flavor you have PP?

Happy Scumday, Vi! I'm mailing your present of a free Daykill (redeemable at anytime in any game).
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:34 am

Post by Juls »

Yeah...hammer time.

I seem to recall Vi saying the music was from the 70's and 80's. Backstreet Boys were in diapers. I also don't see Vi as a Backstreet Boys kinda gal unless she just wanted all scum to be hideous.

vote: PP
-------------------------------------
Juls
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I was gone yesterday at a baby shower, so I haven't read everything in detail. Lynching a claimed miller who said lots of weird role-related things during the day is probably a good move, especially since PP didn't give flavor, and when he did, he only said backstreet boys. If he didn't have anything to hide, he should have said backstreet boys from the beginning, and also should have put his lyrics up when asked for flavor. Anyway, it's done now.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Logic point, Juls!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:15 am

Post by X »

PaperPenguin wrote:
PaperPenguin, there are two ways that I've seen to play Miller: claim in your first post and proceed as Vanilla or draw the NK. You have done neither, and considering that what you have done so far is scummy, I highly doubt that my vote will change Today.
Your great authority on miller play is meaningless to me right now, maybe next game, but really. If your vote rests purely on a logical error, heck it might not even be an error (this is largely debatable), rather than an error of intetion, then you really should dig a bit more before hopping on the bandwagon.
1. I have played Miller before, did research, and found good ways to play it.
2. While there's a chance that the error is due to not thinking while playing, there's also a good chance that it's due to being scum.
3. I was the second person on the bandwagon, and I would have been the first if I had posted between post 116 and 125. So I think you can hardly say that I just jumped on the bandwagon. Read my ISO posts, and then try and tell me that the Miller claim was my only justification for thinking you're scum.
Juls wrote:I seem to recall Vi saying the music was from the 70's and 80's. Backstreet Boys were in diapers. I also don't see Vi as a Backstreet Boys kinda gal unless she just wanted all scum to be hideous.
I don't remember Vi saying that, but I personally wouldn't make the Backstreet Boys town.

Oh, there's the Hammer!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Moriarty147 Post 208 wrote:One thing worthy of note is that in Post #156 Sotty7 calls his vote on VPB a "random" vote, whereas he dispelled this claim when I asked him about it earlier. Is this just an issue of semantics here, Sotty7, or what? Furthermore, what's your opinion on VPB now.
I'm not sure what you mean here.
Sotty7 Post 156 wrote:Pretty clear. He didn't answer my question and he is accusing other players of not posting content when he seems just as guilty of that himself. He also tried to accuse Imagine of lurking right after he had posted.

Basically I am trying to use my vote to engage him and judge him better. I'm not completely sold on the pesco case, FL answered my question and Juls is back so PaperPenguin is my pick for now. Better than my random vote on VP.
I was talking about
my
vote on VP which was my RVS vote. Mix up?

As for my opinion on VP, I don't have much of one. He doesn't feel scummy to me right now, I would say he is in the middle of the pack for me.
Moriarty147 Post 208 wrote:As for hascow, I find his claim that Sotty7 is trying to be UTR rather laughable, I don't see this at all, in fact Sotty7 seems to be present quite often and seems to consistently make solid posts, at least so far (inb4 chainsaw defence). That being said, I can't see why Sotty7 went on hascow's case about trying to tie in our good friend the blowfish to image just based off a single line asking for more opinions. More interestingly, she mentions herself and f-light, but not pesco, despite all 3 being mentioned in the same line from hascow.
I skipped Pesco because pretty much everyone was talking about him and if image hadn't said anything about him, that could be telling. But adding myself and Forb in there just seemed random and out of nowhere. Has has explained that he just wants input and I can understand that.
Moriarty147 Post 208 wrote:In 199, I am wondering why hascow would think that not posting an opinion about a player immediately is necessarily the right thing to do (in fact in almost all of the scenarios I keep thinking up, this is blatantly anti-town and the classic case of a mafian making sure his lies are consistent across posts), so I would definetly like an explanation from hascow on this point.
It's to stop Image from parroting what he said, what better way to get your questioner off your back than to agree with what he says?
Moriarty147 Post 208 wrote:- VPB, Sotty7 and Juls are all likely town at this point, though I want more input from Juls on people who are not named "Pesco47" or "Empking".
I have no idea why you have put Juls in the “town” cateroy here. She has been pretty absent and her fixation on empking despite having played with him before makes her look pretty bad to me.
PaperPenguin Post 222 wrote:This was followed by this tasty tidbit.
He also tried to accuse Imagine of lurking right after he had posted.
Chainsaw defense, that's how this could possibly be percieved as a reason against me. There is kinship between scotty and Image.
Yet it's true. You accused him of lurking
right
after he posted, adding “OMG chainsawdefense!!!11!” is just you trying to take my point and throw it out of the window. Sorry, doesn't work.
PaperPenguin Post 222 wrote:Oh, and I am a miller, not that it matters at this point.
Nice after thought claim when you come under pressure. Not buying it. how about a full claim?
VP Baltar Post 223 wrote:
PaperPenguin wrote:Chainsaw defense, that's how this could possibly be percieved as a reason against me. There is kinship between scotty and Image.
You can't claim this if we have not alignment flips. I find this really irritating and it has been happening more often in my games recently. I find it more scummy to say this with no clue of alignments than to actually attack somebody's attacker.
AGREE! I find “bussing” falls under this a lot too. How can you even argue any of that without know if one of the pair is scum or not. It's lazy.
Juls Post 251 wrote:Yeah...hammer time.

I seem to recall Vi saying the music was from the 70's and 80's. Backstreet Boys were in diapers. I also don't see Vi as a Backstreet Boys kinda gal unless she just wanted all scum to be hideous.

vote: PP
It's in the post she uses to explain the game in the mini theme list. She uses the word “mostly” from the 70's and 80's, so there could be some leeway there.

Happy with the hammer.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty wrote:I have no idea why you have put Juls in the “town” cateroy here. She has been pretty absent and her fixation on empking despite having played with him before makes her look pretty bad to me.
Hold the phone. I thought Juls had never played with him before or something? If this is true, then Juls definitely needs another look because I think one game with Emp is enough to understand you can't expect any better out of him. Do you know which game this was Sotty?
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Juls Post 143 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:What exactly do you agree with when it comes to Pesco?
I agreed with this portion:
Pesco47 98 wrote:Sure it's rather crappy for a serious vote reason, but look where it's come to now. You're still voting cow for lack of a better target, I expect you should find one pretty soon.

--------
ek 120 wrote:I would like to know why Juls and forbiddan are voting empking over pesco.

I agree his vote was just an echo of my reasoning, etc, but his vote was L-2, and PEsco's vote put VP at L-1 (on page 4, not page fiev like I said last post). Pesco's vote is worse because it was the latest one on the wagon, going L-1 on page 4, plus she calls me scummy in the same post. If you think guy's main attacker is scummy, you don't put guy at L-1.
At the time of my vote on Empking I was under the assumption that Pesco's vote was actually L-2. I may have miscounted. Regardless, I felt like what Pesco was saying was a "on this hand" / "on the other hand" scenario. But doing it in the same post was troublesome and didn't make sense to me.

FL 123 wrote:I see where it could be taken as a softclaim, but I honestly doubt it was, and people trying to make it that way are approaching the anti town zone.
Again, lets let cow's actions speak for themselves while keeping this in the back of our mind. It garnered conversation and made us question motivations of people who were pushing the issue. This is productive for town.

All caught up. I don't see a reason to remove my vote from Empking.
I have seen Empking give marginal content as town so I was and am not satisfied with a piggy-back vote.
I see this as an admission of either playing with emp before, or at least reading a game with him. Either way, it looks bad.

Forb was the one who said she had never played with emp before after I questioned her.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:53 am

Post by Vi »

But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way

Vote Count XIII:
Ain't nothin' but a mistake

PaperPenguin (LYNCH) ~ image, X, Sotty7, Moriarty147, Empking, forbiddanlight, Juls

Pesco47 (L-4) ~ VP Baltar, elvis_knits, hasdgfas
image (L-6) ~ PaperPenguin
elvis_knits (L-6) ~ Pesco47
Empking (L-7) ~
Juls

Minimum (L-7)

Not Voting:
Juls

[size=0]image 0 | e_knits 2 | Empking 0 | f-light 0 | hascow 0 PROD1 5 | Juls 0 | Pesco 0 PROD1 0 | Mo 1 PROD1 5 | Sotty7 0 | VP Baltar 0 | X 0[/size]
Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(20%)

-----

-----PaperPenguin ---
Backstreet Boys, a.k.a. Miller
--- Lynched Day 1...

Night will be over in three days, or whenever everyone has sent in a request to begin the Day early. See Rule 9.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Vi »

Welcome to your life
Theres no turning back
Even while we sleep
We will find you
Acting on your best behaviour
Turn your back on mother nature
Everybody wants to rule the world

Vote Count XIV:
It's my own design; it's my own remorse

Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
image, elvis_knits, Empking, forbiddanlight, hasdgfas, Juls, Pesco47, Moriarty147, Sotty7, VP Baltar, X
[size=0]image 0 | e_knits 0 | Empking 0 | f-light 0 | hascow 0 | Juls 0 | Pesco 0 | Mo 0 | Sotty7 0 | VP Baltar 0 | X 0[/size]
---Nobody died last night.

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(100%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Juls, can you explain what the difference in Empking's play in this game is to where you have seen him before. Also, can you link the game(s) where you have played with him or seen him play.
YOUR AD HERE

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Son of a...
fish? ~Vi

Vote Empking

It's the only smart thing to do. Ever.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by Juls »

VP Baltar wrote:Juls, can you explain what the difference in Empking's play in this game is to where you have seen him before. Also, can you link the game(s) where you have played with him or seen him play.
I am on vacation but I will answer quickly. Go to my wiki and look for the Vengeful game moderated by Plum (this internet connection is craptacular). He replaced in. I didn't always agree with him (but I was scum) and I thought he at least put forth an effort. Aside from that I moderated a mish mash game in which he played and he was active so I have no reason to think that Empking is "always like this".

This is probably my last post until Monday.
-------------------------------------
Juls
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:53 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Happy Birthday, Juls!
said the mod. ~Vi

I'll check out that game later today probably.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Empking »

forbiddanlight wrote:Son of a...
fish? ~Vi

Vote Empking

Give reasons.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Vi »

You step inside, but you dont see too many faces
Coming in out of the rain to hear the jazz go down
Competition in other places
But the horns are blowin' that sound
Way on down south--way on down south, London town

Vote Count XV:
Dixie double-four time

Empking (L-5) ~ forbiddanlight

Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
image, elvis_knits, Empking,
forbiddanlight,
hasdgfas, Juls, Pesco47, Moriarty147, Sotty7, VP Baltar, X
[size=0]image 1 | e_knits 1 | Empking 0 | f-light 0 | hascow 1 | Juls 0 | Pesco 1 | Mo 1 | Sotty7 1 | VP Baltar 0 | X 1[/size]
---I suppose I should be nice given the holiday weekend...

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(94%)
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Empking wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Son of a...
fish? ~Vi

Vote Empking

Give reasons.
Empking, who do you think is scum, and why?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't care about any trumpet playing band.

Also, people should actually talk in this game. Makes it more fun.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Give reasons.
I already did yesterday.

Lack of contribution, no attempts at scumhunting, failure to yield, putting funny hats on statues...
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:30 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I have skimmed the game Juls gave as her experience with emp and he did seem to be posting more. However looking though Juls wiki I see she has played another game with emp here where he was basically quick lynched on day one for not making much sense.

Still in both games he did seem to be putting forth a better effort than he has here so far. This could explain Juls behavior towards him.

Forb, is there anyone outside emp that is sticking out to you at this point?

I would also like to know who emp thinks is scum and why.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Forb, is there anyone outside emp that is sticking out to you at this point?
Not overly. I should probably reread sometime today as I actually have time though.
-StrangerCoug

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:42 am

Post by Empking »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Give reasons.
I already did yesterday.

Lack of contribution, no attempts at scumhunting, failure to yield, putting funny hats on statues...
If your reason is a joke then its not a reason.

Has: You for hypocrisy and EK for reasons I can't recall.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:29 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's not a joke. The last two are, but the first two aren't. Add downplaying the truth of your scuminess to the list.
-StrangerCoug

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:08 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Empking wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

Give reasons.
I already did yesterday.

what hypocrisy? and "reasons you can't recall"? boy, that's going to hold up over intense scrutiny :roll:
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:03 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Empking wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

Give reasons.
I already did yesterday.

When was cow a hypocrite?

Why are you suspecting me if you can't remember why?

I've played with empking a lot lately and he's always this brief and annoying, but he's not even making sense now.

vote empking
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”