Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:So, can we lynch scum yet?

Unvote Vote Steph
Please explain this. This appears to be an irresponsible vote with only 5 days left, but when you factor in that he is a claimed town PR it becomes actually scummy... :shock:
Are you completely fucking retarded?
Mod wrote:This game does not only show alignment. To clarify - in this game, an Innocent is someone entirely uninvolved in the struggle between any Good faction/s and any Evil faction/s, and should be considered the equivalent of a Vanillager. Alignments are denoted by coloration.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Xtoxm wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:So, can we lynch scum yet?

Unvote Vote Steph
Please explain this. This appears to be an irresponsible vote with only 5 days left, but when you factor in that he is a claimed town PR it becomes actually scummy... :shock:
Are you completely fucking retarded?
Sometimes.

Mod wrote:This game does not only show alignment. To clarify - in this game, an Innocent is someone entirely uninvolved in the struggle between any Good faction/s and any Evil faction/s, and should be considered the equivalent of a Vanillager. Alignments are denoted by coloration.
Ok I'm ISO'ng Stepho right now...
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:52 pm

His claim starts on page 87, post #5184.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Stephoscope wrote:For the love of God...

I am Janine. I am an investigative reporter, and am Innocent.

I can check one player each night, and learn his or her role and alignment.

I investigated Naomi last night. Her roleclaim was legitimate. She is Trilby.

Please protect me tonight.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Mod wrote:
To clarify - in this game, an Innocent is someone entirely uninvolved in the struggle between any Good faction/s and any Evil faction/s, and should be considered the equivalent of a Vanillager.[/size
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Mod wrote:
To clarify - in this game, an Innocent is someone entirely uninvolved in the struggle between any Good faction/s and any Evil faction/s, and should be considered the equivalent of a Vanillager.
EBWOP
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:05 pm

I'm having trouble understanding these three posts. Stepho has revealed that Naomi's flavor is "Trilby" but cannot be clear about her role? Infamous Gentleman Thief is still flavor. So we have alot of flavor but no role or alignment?
Stephoscope wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
@Stepho

Stepho wrote:For the love of God...

So what is Naomi's role? And why didn't you claim it in this post?
Because I'd expect that your role would be 'investigative reporter' if your claim is true. So please explain.
Technically Naomi's role may be "gentleman thief", then. She can verify, I'm sure.
Stephoscope wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Don''t call me dear *glare*
You''ll regret it if you do it one more time.
So in other words, you''re saying that Trilby is her role?
Just answer with yes or no as punishment for calling me dear *glare*
I am not going to do that because my PM does not say "The name is THIS and the role is THAT and the alignment is THAT". I have already mentioned, carefully and in different places, all the relevant information in my PM...and if the mod was at all consistent, Naomi will be able to verify it.
Stephoscope wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Also, you didn''t answer why you didn''t claim back then that extra part.
I didn't see a need to do so (rightly or wrongly, I was thinking of "Trilby" as her role), and certainly didn't want to risk a modkill. But it shouldn't matter, since Naomi hasn't even been back, has she? So it's not like I'm reading her and making stuff up, or something. She should be able to verify my investigation.

So its all very confusing to me. Is there proof here that he is scum and not just being confusing only?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I have higlighted his contradiction.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Mod wrote:
To clarify - in this game, an Innocent is someone entirely uninvolved in the struggle between any Good faction/s and any Evil faction/s, and should be considered the equivalent of a Vanillager.
Xtoxm wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:For the love of God...

I'll wait for Stepho to respond to this.. :?:
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Holy shit.
Unvote, vote stepho.
Diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by Elmo »

Xtoxm wrote:Actually, I guess it's possible that "Innocent" is both an alignment and a role, and non-vanilla reveals would have an annexation.
Yeah. Townie is a role that implies an alignment. Another game might be "X dies, she was a townie" & "X dies, she was a town roleblocker". I am guessing here we have "X dies, she was an innocent" & "X dies, she was an innocent roleblocker".
ZazieR wrote:
Elmo
, if possible, could you a full role PM claim?
I really don't know what this entails or how I can usefully do this without being modkilled. I will say that I find this
Stephoscope wrote:I wish to find anyone who would do harm to me "and fellow Innocents".
very interesting, on reflection.
Stephoscope wrote:Elmo, what's your opinion on Devestation's roleclaim?
It appears legit, from what I can briefly see.
Rockatansky wrote:Maybe today a watermelon will drop and we can spend the next three weeks arguing over who gets to eat it
So go make a lynch happen instead of making these posts.
Pyromaniac wrote:Although purposing polices is usually bad, I have one to suggest. How about if we get to two days before deadline, we lynch the person with the most votes.IF there are two wagons that might possible go through (one at 6, the other at 5) then we will force everybody to chose between one of those two wagons. Sound good?
I endorse this.

I want to add more but I've been stalling posting this for ages, so there we go.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Elmo »

Not editing your posts before posting even when you've seen that the mod has contradicted you since you wrote part of it is tech. :P

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:27 pm

I really don't know what this entails or how I can usefully do this without being modkilled. I will say that I find this
Stephoscope wrote:
I wish to find anyone who would do harm to me "
and fellow Innocents
".
very interesting, on reflection.
This is looking worse and worse for Stepho...
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Elmo wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Actually, I guess it's possible that "Innocent" is both an alignment and a role, and non-vanilla reveals would have an annexation.
Yeah. Townie is a role that implies an alignment. Another game might be "X dies, she was a townie" & "X dies, she was a town roleblocker". I am guessing here we have "X dies, she was an innocent" & "X dies, she was an innocent roleblocker".
The mod has contradicted this. I assume you are not there yet.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Elmo »

I sometimes neglect to actually submit posts for a long time for various reasons. I wrote the post, then did something, then read the thread, did something else, then came back and hit submit without thinking. D'oh.

The idea of a cult has occurred to me and may well be workable. Probably disregarding that for now unless it becomes important or we have some particular indication of one.

I'm pretty frazzled, but I'm wondering about the mod implying there might be Good factions in the game in addition to Evil factions. I would be real interested in hearing from Amished, but 'course we can't do that.

Like I said, I'm frazzled, but I don't really see how Stepho is obvscum although that may well simply be me missing it at this point. Please understand that Innocent being a role does not mean it is not also an alignment, and that if Innocent is
not
an alignment we have no power roles and e.g. Amished should be next in line for the chop. And that doesn't sound right to me, quite possibly the majority of the claims are scum but I seriously doubt all of them are. I know I'll kick myself if Stepho is scum (and this Innocent business has zero capability to clear him) but I'm not 100% putting my vote there right now.

Here is a count-down, anyway, we've only got about 4 days, 10 hours if I did it right. I am no shit probably voting the worst living lurker sometime tomorrow; we need to wagonwagonwagon, please.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Elmo »

Also, @Zazie: I am an Innocent, and appear to be what could be called a vanilla townie in other circumstances. I don't know how much more I can specifically say without falling foul of PM quoting, but it's fair to say I recognise certain things that have been posted here.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by dramonic »

Pyromaniac wrote:Although purposing polices is usually bad, I have one to suggest. How about if we get to two days before deadline, we lynch the person with the most votes.IF there are two wagons that might possible go through (one at 6, the other at 5) then we will force everybody to chose between one of those two wagons. Sound good?
I'd endorse this too if I wasn't currently the highest lynch. It's not that I'm unwilling to die for the town, it's more that I don't think I'm currently a source of info upon death, having not participated a lot.

Lynching lurkers is good and all, but information wise it's crappy.

Also, having read the last few pages, I'm not convinced that the fact Steph called himself innocent is obvscum.

We'll see with his response (if any) I guess.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I am not trying to be confusing. Naomi's role is either "Trilby" or "Infamous Gentleman Thief." I learned nothing else about her that could be considered a "role". I am quite sure she can verify that my posts reflect what's in her PM.

My PM specifically contains the words "and fellow Innocents", and indicates quite clearly that I am pro-town.

Before you all rush to lynch me based on how difficult it is to communicate my PM information without being modkilled, please note:

1. There has been no cop counter-claim (other than Naomi's one-shot ability which I have no reason to doubt is legitimate)
2. There has been no Janine counter-claim
3. I am QUITE SURE that some of you pro-town players out there have specific, named roles and don't buy this "no power roles" stuff
4. I will be able to demonstrate my roleclaim, and if Naomi and I work together we're guaranteed at least one result (there might be one scum roleblocker...there can't possibly be two, can there?)
5. WHY THE HELL would I have put myself what I went through in regards to Naomi's claim?
6. The mod promised this game would be tough, and gave us a shotgun/shell combination that killed the user. And you think he's gonna make it easy for you all to know my roleclaim is legitimate?

I don't know what else I can say. I will answer any questions as best I can...but most of the information is already out there, although I've had to be a bit creative...I was NOT trying to be confusing, just making sure I didn't wind up modkilled.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by dramonic »

I think it's fine for now, it's not like there aren't scummier players out there <<
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Stephoscope wrote:I am not trying to be confusing. Naomi's role is either "Trilby" or "Infamous Gentleman Thief." I learned nothing else about her that could be considered a "role". I am quite sure she can verify that my posts reflect what's in her PM.
No. What you have provided is
flavor
Role
is like "cop, doc, bomb" and such like that and
alignment
is "town, mafia, neutral" and such like that.
If you want me to believe anything of what you have said in your defense, please answer this:

1) Why haven't you provided
flavor
role
&
alignment
for Naomi (so far you have only provided flavor)?

2) What is Naomi's
role
&
alignment
?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I am not trying to be confusing. Naomi's role is either "Trilby" or "Infamous Gentleman Thief." I learned nothing else about her that could be considered a "role". I am quite sure she can verify that my posts reflect what's in her PM.
flavor
Role
alignment
If you want me to believe anything of what you have said in your defense, please answer this:

flavor
role
&
alignment

2) What is Naomi's
role
&
alignment
?

I SERIOUSLY don't know how to answer this. I have already shared what I learned about Naomi. IF I HAD TO GUESS RIGHT NOW, I would say that her role is Trilby, her alignment is Innocent and/or Pro-Town, and her flavor is (note these exact words, because Naomi should be able to confirm) "Infamous gentleman thief". But, AGAIN, this was not spelled out for me in the PM. I have done the best I can.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

There is absolutely no role like the ones you have suggested. Naomi, please show up...
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

The words "Anti-Spirit" are also in my PM.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

EBWOP: The words "Anti-Spirit" are in my PM about Naomi. Not my role PM.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Stephoscope wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
flavor
Role
alignment

flavor
role
&
alignment

2) What is Naomi's
role
&
alignment
?

I SERIOUSLY don't know how to answer this. I have already shared what I learned about Naomi. IF I HAD TO GUESS RIGHT NOW, I would say that her role is Trilby, her alignment is Innocent and/or Pro-Town, and her flavor is (note these exact words, because Naomi should be able to confirm) "Infamous gentleman thief". But, AGAIN, this was not spelled out for me in the PM. I have done the best I can.
Seriously, if you're a cop you would have a real role for her. Trilby is flavor. :shock:

Are you saying the Mod's PM to you with your peek information is defective?

*ducks*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”