Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 am

Post by ckool5000 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
ckool5000 wrote:Yeah Faraday... But your posts in general seem so town, that it's hard to find you scummy... If that's not redundant..... I guess what it really is is that there's nothing in your posts that can be considered scummy, as far as I can tell.... Hmm.... Does that make you scummy?
Is his play different from before?
He's posting a little less and his posts have less meat to them, but he's pretty much the same.
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Faraday »

Yeah Faraday... But your posts in general seem so town, that it's hard to find you scummy... If that's not redundant..... I guess what it really is is that there's nothing in your posts that can be considered scummy, as far as I can tell.... Hmm.... Does that make you scummy?
Okay, but the same could be said for other people in the game.
Kmd4390 wrote:
Faraday wrote: And is not how I remember him either. In fact quite the opposite, in that he was, well too easy to write people off as town.
Was he town in that game(s)?
Yes, although he can correct me if I'm wrong it was his first mafia game?
Up untill that his play to me, looks fairly similar to that game. Generally being unsure of himself. Thinking the more he posts the stupier he gets things like that, his generaly play seems similar, but the "being suspicious of everyone thing" was odd, to me.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:03 am

Post by ckool5000 »

They all have something that makes me suspicious... You on the other hand, don't.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:04 am

Post by ckool5000 »

*suspicious of them.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

What is isolation day?

@Mastin-

Why are you always asking VP for his approval to do something that will point out how scummy he is?

Wicked's post here accurately reflects my opinion.
There is no rolefishing when asking for information from an already claimed individual.
Only scum hunting (via laying traps).
I have been convinced that fishing for flavor could help you to set up a fake claim.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote: I understand, but at first I wasn't suspicious of Khan because I would of expected him to claim death miller when he had been asked if he was. Then Zaz pointed out that this was a normal game, which made me realize that he wouldn't have claimed death miller if he was lying anyway. Does that make sense?
He already claimed miller. If he changed his claim to death miller, it would have been incredibly suspicious.
Good point, but at first Khan didn't know what kind of miller he was. I'm not sure if that changes anything.

@VP - What part of it do you not understand?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

ckool5000 wrote:They all have something that makes me suspicious... You on the other hand, don't.
After this day is over, can you please tell me what has made you suspicious of the following people;

Lowell
curiouskarmadog
namttam
serialclergyman
kise
kmd
me
-Wickedestjr
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:04 am

Post by molestargazer »

You know, one of these days I'll actually catch up when I say I will.

First point before I start reading:
Kmd wrote:STRONGLY disagree with this generalization. It may be true for some players, but there are several players, including myself, who are the exact opposite and contribute MORE as scum than as town.
Quite interesting considering your recent levels of activity! :P

Since deadline is so close, I feel I'll be better served to start catching up from somewhere recent, say Page 35, instead of going RIGHT back to the start and missing anything currently relevant before the deadline and before I can get a vote in.
Instantly here, I'm seeing a lot of votes on mafiamann and notes about a Mastin RB claim and breadcrumb. I'll skip that for now, I'll get back to it later if I have time pre-deadline - if not, I'll try and catch up 'overnight'.
VP Baltar wrote:Oh trust me, I think it's a
shaky claim at best
and I agree that people were hopping off like it was on fire without even looking at the fact that his
breadcrumbs are weak
, but it
doesn't make sense to lynch him now when there are other scummy individuals we could go after
If you thought the claim was SO weak at the time, why did you decide that there were others scummier?
VP Baltar wrote:It'd be essentially wasting a lynch because the scum now want him dead as bad as we do.
If he is what he says he is. Which the earlier part of the claim makes me think that you think he isn't.
VP Baltar wrote:Given that there is likely more than one scum group
This is probably just my lack of reading, but is there anything that can prove this?
Mufasa wrote:I have to push the wagon eventhough Mastin doesnt register town with me.

unvote vote: Mafiaman
This practically translates as "I think someone else is scummier, but everyone else is going with this wagon so I will".
I really don't like this post - and Empking's Alt's post prior to that is just as bad.

At this moment, I'm quite happy with CKD's note on Mufasa here - already from what Mufasa's posted, after less than a page of reading, I don't like it.
SerialClergyman wrote:b) You say that your most recent reason for moving off of MM is that people are joining without reason and there is a deadline approaching and we have time. But on Mastin's wagon, you seemed to care about neither of these issues.
Again, forgive the lack of misread, but is it not possible that VP set out his reasons before encouraging this lynch?
Khan wrote:My conclusion is that he's fake-claiming. He setup a broad breadcrumb, narrowed it to watcher for awhile before switching at the last minute to roleblocker.
If this is true, why would he switch his carefully setup fakeclaim from watcher to roleblocker at the last minute?
ckool5000 wrote:Oh cheese! I've read through a little more closely and that's probably the only scummy behavior I can 100% think of as scummy!

Vote: Mufasa
"Oh, god! It's an easy vote to get away with switching to!"
Could you please explain in a little more depth why you think it's
100%
scummy and why you didn't notice it straightaway if it's so bad?
VP Baltar wrote: I felt that a lot of people were ignoring him because they weren't really reading his posts.
I can believe that.
Kmd wrote:Oh, and I predict that in the future, this game will be used against me in a meta attack showing that I am capable of reading 38 pages in one RL day while also staying active in the rest of my games during that day. (Disclaimer: I didn't have to work today and wasn't feeling as lazy as I normally am)
I won't do that, I know it must take a special kind of insanity to do 38 pages in a day. ;)
Mufasa wrote:I didn't, I always thought his bread crumbing was a scum method, when I said they were good I meant that they were put together good, but when I say that they are bad its because I believe that he set them up to use as a fake claim for his roleblocking claim.
What convinced you that he was using them to setup a fakeclaim?
Namttam wrote:
Kmd wrote:Proven? I had a town read on you early, but this is one of a few twitches I've had concerning you.
I still haven't heard a reasonable alternative for my proof(logical in this case) so I will continue to believe he is scum. At this point I've only changed my vote due to the public opinion that town shouldn't lynch a claimed miller because they likely won't live until end game, so it can be better used elsewhere.
I don't like how you think that a lack of response is definite proof of a person's being scum. Sure, it's not good. But it's not conclusive either.
Khan wrote:@molestargazer: Welcome!
Hi there! If you're reading this wall of text enough to notice this, thanks again! :P
Empking's Alt wrote:Casn somebody vote MM, please.
Pops in a few pages after a non-reasoned vote and wants to back it up. No.

For now,

I will, however, come back tomorrow and read the MM case to decide if I think that's worth it. Rest assured, I'll deliver a verdict on that one before the deadline.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:09 am

Post by ckool5000 »

@Wicked-...Um...sure...

molestargazer wrote:
ckool5000 wrote:Oh cheese! I've read through a little more closely and that's probably the only scummy behavior I can 100% think of as scummy!

"Oh, god! It's an easy vote to get away with switching to!"
Could you please explain in a little more depth why you think it's
100%
scummy and why you didn't notice it straightaway if it's so bad?
I didn't notice it straight away, because, well... I didn't notice it or really think much about it when he said it... Maybe it's because I was on vacation and could only use a laptop five minutes at a time...

It was 100% because.......well...... because it's pretty much the only thing so far in any of my games that I could 100% say, "yep, that's scummy."
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

molestargazer wrote: I will, however, come back tomorrow and read the MM case to decide if I think that's worth it. Rest assured, I'll deliver a verdict on that one before the deadline.
The case on him is basically poor play. We do have a deadline and need a majority to avoid no lynch though, so voting him is pretty much necessary at this point.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Wicked wrote:@VP - What part of it do you not understand?
I understand it fine. I happen to disagree with your interpretation, which is what I was getting at.
mole wrote:If you thought the claim was SO weak at the time, why did you decide that there were others scummier?
Because as much as I would like to lynch Mastin and I think his breadcrumbs suck overall, it simply isn't the best play for town to make in the long term. In the unlikely event that he is telling the truth we'd essentially be shooting ourselves in the foot. I'd rather wait a night or two and see how things pan out before spending a lynch.
mole wrote:This is probably just my lack of reading, but is there anything that can prove this?
Nah, no evidence. But just like 91 we have a named mafia and multiple NKs. Certanly not proven, but I wouldn't doubt it.
kmd wrote:The case on him is basically poor play. We do have a deadline and need a majority to avoid no lynch though, so voting him is pretty much necessary at this point.
Or he could read it and decide for himself.
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Achilles »

re-reading right now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #27=-

MafiaMann (9) - SerialClergyman, Wickedestjr, roflcopter, Lowell, Faraday, Empking's Alt, Mufasa, Kmd4390, VP Baltar
VP Baltar (3) - Kise, Mastin, Namttam
Mufasa (3) - curiouskarmadog, ckool5000, molestargazer
roflcopter (1) - Hayker
Kublai Khan (1) - ZazieR
ckool5000 (1) - fallen angel

Not Voting (3) - Achilles, MafiaMann, Kublai Khan

11 to lynch.

CLICK HERE FOR DEADLINE CLOCK
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Kise »

Back home, just to let you guys know. Not sure what page I left off..

I fingered MM earlier, so I don't mind lynching him. The general consensus is that we're waiting for rofl to post? I'll wait until he posts, and catch up on things in the meantime.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

A claim from MM is probably a good idea too, for all ye hammer-happy people.

I'm also inclined to policy vote anyone who says 'Oh cheese!' :D
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Mod please note my sig. Thanks.
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Achilles wrote:re-reading right now.
How's that going for you? About ready to say something?
Kise wrote:I'll wait until he posts, and catch up on things in the meantime.
I think you're farther behind in the game than he is. How about you actually put some thoughts up instead of making promises? Deadline is approaching.
SC wrote:I'm also inclined to policy vote anyone who says 'Oh cheese!'
heh
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:59 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

molestargazer wrote:
Khan wrote:My conclusion is that he's fake-claiming. He setup a broad breadcrumb, narrowed it to watcher for awhile before switching at the last minute to roleblocker.
If this is true, why would he switch his carefully setup fakeclaim from watcher to roleblocker at the last minute?
I don't know. Something must have happened between iso26 and iso49 to make Mastin change his mind. Of course, that covers a fairly large portion of the game. I asked Mastin to identity any RB breadcrumbs he made previous to iso49 (not counting the super broad ones). But Mastin has yet to respond.

Actually, Mastin hasn't posted any meaningful content since making his claim. He's said nothing but "got plenty of time to post", "Oops, been busy", and "catching up on next 8 pages". I'm thinking that he's clearly stalling on answering questions about his claim. Not really pro-town behavior.

Also not pro-town behavior is MafiaMann dragging his heels on claiming a role. It's not a good idea to wait until the last minute. Add me to the list of posters who rather hammer an unclaimed MafiaMann then to have a no lynch.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:43 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

add me to the list too..for some reason I thought if deadline hit the one who had the most votes would get the lynched..apparently not.

MM needs to claim.....I would rather see Mufasa in MM place though.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

VP Baltar wrote:Happy scumday, kmd!

Care to explain
why
someone should vote for MM, Emp?
Deadline
Namttam
Namttam
Goon
Namttam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Namttam »

VP Baltar wrote:Please refer to post 960. Are you really not reading the thread that closely or are you just hoping to catch on to substantial sooner or later? Seems like every time you post you have some half-cocked argument against me that is quickly shot down.

My motive in voting MM is that he looks scummy to me. I've stated many reasons why...more than most everyone else...soooo, why do you think my motives are the most suspect?
I saw that you had asked MM questions however I wasn't commenting on that fact. I was commenting on the exchange and actions you had taken before that post. I had already called you out on not questioning MM prior to that post so I can't be sure if you honestly care to know more about MM or were merely responding to post.
molestargazer wrote:
Namttam wrote:
Kmd wrote:Proven? I had a town read on you early, but this is one of a few twitches I've had concerning you.
I still haven't heard a reasonable alternative for my proof(logical in this case) so I will continue to believe he is scum. At this point I've only changed my vote due to the public opinion that town shouldn't lynch a claimed miller because they likely won't live until end game, so it can be better used elsewhere.
I don't like how you think that a lack of response is definite proof of a person's being scum. Sure, it's not good. But it's not conclusive either.
Not what I was saying. I think my reasoning itself is the definite proof. The fact that I haven't heard a convincing response is why I'm continuing to believe my reasoning.
[i]~THe ONe ANd ONly~[/i]
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Hayker »

We really do need a claim from MM. He seems like the one who is gonna be lyn ched at this point anyways.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Nam wrote:I had already called you out on not questioning MM prior to that post so I can't be sure if you honestly care to know more about MM or were merely responding to post.
OHHHHH, you mean where you were just regurgitating what SC was complaining about? Ok, no prob.

You still think I'm the best lynch for today? If so, you aren't exactly trying very hard. Does that mean you're probably scum?

re: MM--the problem is that he is claiming V/LA until the 7th and he hasn't posted anywhere else on the site since his last post here. I still think he has been reasonably scummy enough that we can lynch him without worry, but I'm starting to doubt he is going to claim. If anyone on the wagon (or off I suppose) is uncomfortable with this, you need to speak up now and not expect a free pass tomorrow because 'we had a deadline and no other choice'.

Also, we should determine who is going to be around to put the final votes on him over the weekend and not hope that someone is sober enough to drop the hammer before deadline.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:34 am

Post by ckool5000 »

We've got two days and twenty-two minutes left. MafiaMann really needs to start talking, so I'm adding some pressure.

unvote. Vote: MafiaMann
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Hayker »

No one else vote please. ot until we have a claim.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”