Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:49 am

Post by TheFlyingGreenMonkey »

Vote: No Lynch

@12Keyblade: It depends. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't, it depends on the game. I'm used to an online mafia style where each kill leaves a clue. In those games I'd perfer following the clues over killing lurkers or inactives. In games were clues arn't left after every murder I would go for lurkers just because that is a good stratagy that the mafia seem to use sometimes.

@ronnieroo: My play style is just to use logic. I've played 10+ games.
[url=http://www.drunkduck.com/No_Talent/]http://www.drunkduck.com/No_Talent/[/url]
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:54 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

TheFlyingGreenMonkey wrote:

Explain pls.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:58 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

EBWOP:

Unoffical Vote Count (Hey, it's a new page)

12Keyblade (1) - reverendpsycho
BlueRaven (0)
geekalicious (0)
KittyMo (1) - xRECKONERx
krauthammer (1) - KittyMo
reverendpsycho (1) - 12Keyblade
ronnieroo (0)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey (0)
xRECKONERx (0)
No Lynch (1) - TheFlyingGreenMonkey

5 to Lynch
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:11 pm

12Keyblade wrote:

Explain pls.
I don't like first day random kills :( .
[url=http://www.drunkduck.com/No_Talent/]http://www.drunkduck.com/No_Talent/[/url]
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Unvote
Vote: TheFlyingGreenMonkey
for voting no lynch on Day 1 and claiming to use logic and be experienced at Mafia in the same post.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:21 pm

KittyMo wrote:
Unvote
for voting no lynch on Day 1 and claiming to use logic and be experienced at Mafia in the same post.
Unvote
Vote: KittyMo
for voting for me ;D
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I spy with my little eye... a condradiction.

You said it the above post
I don't like first day random kills
And then when KittyMo votes for you, you vote for her "for voting for you". That isn't exactly random... but it still doesn't strike me as well thought out or logical. It appears to me to be a joke vote, which you say you don't approve of.

I personally think that things can be observed from someones day one vote. Even if we don't nail a mafia member we still can observe who voted for who, and in this case, who voted no lynch.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by KittyMo »

KittyMo wrote:
Unvote
Unvote
for voting for me ;D
OMGUS is scummy.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by geekalicious »

I'm agreeing with ronnieroo and KittyMo's logic here. Voting no lynch, then claiming you don't like first day lynching, then reversing and retaliatory voting for KittyMo is not looking good on your part.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:05 pm

geekalicious wrote:

I'm agreeing with ronnieroo and KittyMo's logic here. Voting no lynch, then claiming you don't like first day lynching, then reversing and retaliatory voting for KittyMo is not looking good on your part.
Hey the games I play are
drasticly
different than this game. I do not fully understand this type yet. To me no lynching is logical as it keeps a townie alive((face the odds)). I'm reading the newbie game someone suggested and it is making me more confused.

And to me two votes agianst one person seems like a cordnated attack. Just mentioning ;D
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

0.o

How does it seem like a coordinated attack?
Even if it is, there aren't enough mafia members to cause a lynch on their own. They would have to get someone to follow them. geek is a new member (I think), so naturally he's going to follow. The following does worry me though. I don't like to feel like someone is jumping on a band wagon.
If GreenMonkey is innocent then my suspicions would move over to either KittyMo or geek. Currently the contradiction and vote for no lynch naturally bring me to suspect you though GreenMonkey.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by geekalicious »

TheFlyingGreenMonkey wrote: And to me two votes agianst one person seems like a cordnated attack. Just mentioning ;D
Well, considering that I referenced the posts of two other people and that 12Keyblade also asked you to explain your vote, that seems more like the suspicions of 4 people converging on you rather than just 2 who also happened to put their votes out there.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey wrote: To me no lynching is logical as it keeps a townie alive((face the odds)).
Also, I'm not seeing how no lynch would be logical just to keep a townie alive. If we refuse to lynch anyone, then another innocent will die anyway and the proportion of the mafia present will only increase. Seems better to lynch and at least have a chance at killing one of the mafia.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

I will place an
FOS: TheFlyingGreenMonkey
for not wanting to lynch on D1, thereby (in my eyes) giving Mafia a free kill. I don't want to put him at L-2 on Page 2. Yet.

Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Krauthammer »

I really don't want to start a bandwagon so early in the game, so I won't vote for TFGM, but I do find basically every post either scummy or radically misinformed. What kind of games do you usually play TFGM? Why are these so different?
reverendpsycho
reverendpsycho
Townie
reverendpsycho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by reverendpsycho »

damn, a lot happened since my first post. Let's see if I can add some of my insight to the proceedings:
12Keyblade wrote:
reverendpsycho wrote:
VOTE: 12Keyblade

For holding up the start of the game. ;)
FYI, I confirmed b4 TheFlyingGreenMonkey.

Vote: reverendpsycho

We don't need a Serial Killer (Psycho) in a Newbie Game!

Good luck to all! (Except the scum. They can go die in a hole)
OMGUS vote. Hmm...possibly attempting to make this vote "look" random. Also, tossing the finger at FGM about him being the last one to confirm seems awkward.

------------------------------
12Keyblade wrote:Oh, and I have questions!!!

BlueRaven
: Do you believe anything can be gleaned from anyone's random vote? Why?

geekalicious
: Do you think it would be a good idea to lynch quickly on Day 1? Why?

KittyMo
: Do you follow a "Lynch all Lurkers" policy? Why?

krauthammer
: Do you follow a "Lynch all Liars" policy? Why?
1) I thnk, in some cases, you can. I would think you might catch a noob, or someone very experienced, give information that, combined with clues and nuances later on in the game, could become very useful. That, and the later mentioned "attempting to make a vote look random" trick.
2) Speaking soley in terms of odds, it's a 2/9 crapshoot to lynch mafia day one. There might be an argument for the idea, but I wouldn't personally want to lynch quickly unless someone blatantly screwed up and incriminated themselves as mafia. In short, no, I don't.
3) Depends on the situation. If they're lurking simply because they don't give a rat's youknowwhat about the game, then they should be prodded/replaced. If it's someone lurking to avoid suspicion, posting "just enough" to try to be considered "active" then I say, more often than not, string him/her/it up!
4) I don't care if they goofed or not. You get caught in a lie, you should be lynched. Liars CAN NOT be trusted. If you're town, there is no reason to lie. Deceit is a mafia trait.

ronnieroo wrote:Everyone: What is your general play style and how many games have you played before? (If you've played lots I just need a quick estimate 20+, 50+. 100+, etc)
I'm currently playing this one and one on another forum, so I haven't completed any online. I played once IRL and won as town. As far as playstyle, it's shaping up to be very inquisitive, trying to see what tells I can gleam from possible scum.
12keyblade wrote:#1: I think that 98.7% of the time, random votes are random and off-the-wall (I h8 yer avatar, your name haz too mane Z's, etc.) However, if a bandwagon takes off from a random vote, either a scum player was the first and third vote, or they were second and third.

#2: I concur that there should always be D1 lynches. I don't think they should go within hours, but as much info should be gathered as possible before lynch occurs. So 2-2.5 weeks is fine, but not much longer.

#3/4: I lightly follow Lynch all Lurker, and blatantly follow Lynch all Liars.
@1, I'm curious to hear the logic behind the first/third or second third scum vote rule.
@2, I agree with this 100%. Crap shoots are not in the spirit of the game. You're not trying to win playing the odds. You want to gamble, go to Vegas.
@3/4, pretty much in line with my thinking.

12keyblade wrote:I will explain if we accept the following caveats:
1. The hypothetical game is a Newbie Game.
2. It is D1, RVS still, and 9 alive.

FAKE GAME:

Player A (Expericenced Scum) Random Votes for Player B.
Player B Random Votes for Player C.
Player C decides to Random Vote for Player B.
Player D (NewbScum) decides "oh, bandwagon! Time to kill people!" Votes for Player B.
Player E (NewbIdiot) votes for Player B, putting him at L-2.
I guess that makes sense, but doesn't seem to me to always be applicable. Still, should be taken into consideration should the situation arise.

@12Keyblade: It depends. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't, it depends on the game. I'm used to an online mafia style where each kill leaves a clue. In those games I'd perfer following the clues over killing lurkers or inactives. In games were clues arn't left after every murder I would go for lurkers just because that is a good stratagy that the mafia seem to use sometimes.

@ronnieroo: My play style is just to use logic. I've played 10+ games.
#1, I don't agree with No Lynches. If you're unsure of who to vote for, then just bide your time and not vote at all.

Can you explain why you think No Lynch is a good strategy for Day 1 and how many times you've used it in your previous games and whether or not it was successful

KittyMo wrote:
Unvote
Unvote
for voting for me ;D
OMGUS attempted to be played off as "random." Seems a bit suspicious.

geekalicious wrote:
TheFlyingGreenMonkey wrote: And to me two votes agianst one person seems like a cordnated attack. Just mentioning ;D
Well, considering that I referenced the posts of two other people and that
12Keyblade also asked you to explain your vote
, that seems more like the suspicions of 4 people converging on you rather than just 2 who also happened to put their votes out there.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey wrote: To me no lynching is logical as it keeps a townie alive((face the odds)).
Also, I'm not seeing how no lynch would be logical just to keep a townie alive. If we refuse to lynch anyone, then another innocent will die anyway and the proportion of the mafia present will only increase. Seems better to lynch and at least have a chance at killing one of the mafia.
@the first quote block, seems to me
possibly
rationalizing his bandwagon jump in case FGM gets lynched and turns up townie. Also infers, IMO, that his vote came upon the conclusions of 3 other people.12keyblade asked him to explain his vote. Asking for explanation does not suspicion make. Also, this:
geekalicious wrote:

ronnieroo simply noted a contradiction and brought it to our attention. You decided to run with this and KittyMo's accusation and bandwagon FGM. While I'm not saying FGM is scum, yet, taking two people's post out of context and using it to support your bandwagon vote is looking VERY scummy to me.
FoS: geekalicious

@the 2nd quote block, seems like sound logic. However, while we need to lynch day one, I reiterate that it must be backed with reasonable suspicion, not just blindly jumping on a bandwagon. At this point, I don't think we are at that point.
Krauthammer wrote:I really don't want to start a bandwagon so early in the game, so I won't vote for TFGM, but I do find basically every post either scummy or radically misinformed. What kind of games do you usually play TFGM? Why are these so different?
My question about his logic behind day one No Lynches seems to supplement this question here. I also do not want to bandwagon anybody without reasonable suspicion, so I will also watching both 12keyblade and FlyingGreenMonkey for the time being.
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/reverendpsycho/thatsmytitle.gif[/img]
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:56 pm

Krauthammer wrote:I really don't want to start a bandwagon so early in the game, so I won't vote for TFGM, but I do find basically every post either scummy or radically misinformed. What kind of games do you usually play TFGM? Why are these so different?
I don't know why they are so different. But first of nonmafia members can pq each other in them((I found that we can't very strange)). Another thing all the roles are different.

Mayor
Pardoner
Bodyguards
Detective
Vigilante
Veteran
Paramedics
Paranoid

are all the standard roles for townies in them.

Godfather
Mafia
Mad Hatter

are all standard roles for the mafia.

Also clues are givin after each murder down by a killing power((Which is another real shocker to me)).

So see quite different :D
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hey, let's not have epically long posts like that, please. Makes the game much more of a hassle than it needs to be. Linking to posts in reference is fine, and you could also just... not chime in on every single thing.

That being said, I'm a fan of the TFGM wagon.
green shirt thursdays
reverendpsycho
reverendpsycho
Townie
reverendpsycho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by reverendpsycho »

Would you kindly answer my question regarding your No Lynch policy and whether or not you've used it previously and whether or not it works, FGM?
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/reverendpsycho/thatsmytitle.gif[/img]
reverendpsycho
reverendpsycho
Townie
reverendpsycho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by reverendpsycho »

xRECKONERx wrote:Hey, let's not have epically long posts like that, please. Makes the game much more of a hassle than it needs to be. Linking to posts in reference is fine, and you could also just... not chime in on every single thing.

Forgive me, I'm a noob. :D So, how DO you link to posts you want to reference? I don't know how to do that. :(
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

[*url=URLOFPOSTHERE]text[*/url]

Just remove the stars. If you want to link directly to a post, you can click the little page icon in the top left corner of each post and get the url that way. :)
green shirt thursdays
reverendpsycho
reverendpsycho
Townie
reverendpsycho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by reverendpsycho »

Muchas gracias.

That's pretty much the extent of my Spanish so don't expect much more.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:12 pm

reverendpsycho wrote:Would you kindly answer my question regarding your No Lynch policy and whether or not you've used it previously and whether or not it works, FGM?
Sure. In one of the games I talked about I the pardoner got everyone to not vote. Three people decided not to listen. The Detective then investigated one. We found a mafia member out and lynched him the next day. But once agian that game type is different than this.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

@TFGM:

Without getting into complicated mathematical equations, there's a reason we choose to lynch on D1 instead of No Lynching. Think of it like this: if we gather information and make an informed lynch decision, we have a 2/9 chance of hitting scum. If we just NL, then that means the scum DEFINITELY kill a townie, and the next day it's 2/8 chances.

I'll direct you to this thread for further discussion on D1 strategy.
green shirt thursdays
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Thanks for the link Reckoner.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

xRECKONERx wrote:Hey, let's not have epically long posts like that, please. Makes the game much more of a hassle than it needs to be. Linking to posts in reference is fine, and you could also just...
not chime in on every single thing.

Miner FOS: xRECKONERx
for (possibly) trying to stifle discussion.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”