Newbie 803 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hurleys_Van
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Hurleys_Van »

Santos wrote:So you're a spastic Van?
No, I'm Hurleys van.

Well it seems that people want to lynch you Santos old buddy, while I don't think it's the best, I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

There is undoubtly scum a'lurking on that wagon cough*VP,Porkens,Jammer*Cough...I have quite the hunch that at least one of those three is scum

Everyone feel free to ignore VP's Jedi Mind Tricks and hop on over to the Porkens wagon...WE'VE GOT CANDY!!!
"For the record, my belt HAS dropped a notch. I'm a big guy. It's gonna be a while before you're going to want to give me a piggy back ride."
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Candy rots your teeth. Santos wagon has strippers.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Hurleys_Van
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Hurleys_Van »

What happens on the Santos wagon stays on the Santos wagon...except herpes, that shit will come back with you.
"For the record, my belt HAS dropped a notch. I'm a big guy. It's gonna be a while before you're going to want to give me a piggy back ride."
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Einlanzers »

VP Baltar wrote:You realize that no matter how good you think your read on somebody is, they do have the chance of flipping town, correct? I don't get what your point is. Are you saying it's scummy to consider what the situation will look like if he does happen to flip town?
Yes I do. For all we know the scum could have just as well not looked to see if they are scum and are just playing as town OR they are really good actors and can play as if they are town while still covering their and their partners butts. In any case though my only qualm was that you stated one thing and acted against it. I also don't like the fact that you are "OK" with lynching a town to find information. It may help us in the long run, but it could easily hurt us.
Porkens wrote:Ein; how can ou focus pressure if you don't focus on one person at a time?
This is true. You can only vote on one person at a time, but you most certainly can ask questions to quite a few people at a time. I really don't like your style of answering one question and posting one question (or just one of those) in your posts. We aren't getting a lot of information from you and it doesn't look like your scum-hunting, so it makes you look awfully scummy to me.

@HV
It looks like VP's jedi mind tricks don't last very long. You seem to vote swap rather easily. Will you switch back to Santos tomorrow? :P
Chiarosicada wrote:I think he's scummy for hopping on easy lynches with little scumhunting, and I think I've made that clear. Why am I scummy?
But that seems to be EXACTLY what you are doing. You didn't start the bandwagon, you joined it.

@jammer
Do the "points" you have for each "case" add up to their total scumminess? (Meaning since Santos has the most points you think he's the scummiest) If not what is the order of scummiest from that list?

@Santos
I believe it's this:
Santos wrote:3) One scum had their vote on me while the other is waiting for the call sign to hammer.
And seeing as jammer voted for you recently and I know that I'm not scum I would deduce that Clara is the other scum. I highly doubt there would be a scum on each wagon. I'm still not 100% on who the scum is on your wagon though. I'm leaning towards Porkens and H_H right now though.
Santos wrote:^Or was your defense on Ein entirely a scum buddy defense for your partner?
Well I can answer this. You can believe or disbelieve me all you want, but I know that I am town. I have no clue what he is. For all I know he could be scum trying to cover his tracks.
Santos wrote:1) You're a townie defending a townie
I still believe that this is the case. Although he has risen on my list of scum suspects he is still nowhere near the top.
Santos wrote:He's not a god damned idiot, that's what I think.
Thank you :). I'm trying to sort the truth from the BS in this thread and it's taking awhile because there seems to be A LOT of BS :/.

@Santos
Come back to the
Vote Porkens
bus

@Everyone
I still have high suspicions for Clara. I'm hoping that one of these lynch candidates (Porkens or Santos) is scum. I believe (and I very well could be wrong) that she will put the kabash on the town one and therefore we will know that Clara is scum and whoever isn't lynched is scum. I REALLY don't like the thought of lynching a townie, but if we can get both scum out of the way by day 3 that would be wonderful :). This being said I really hope that Clara comes back and at least says something (if not votes!). I think that if she doesn't vote one way or another someone should step down from the Santos wagon because its a clear indication that she doesn't want to appear scummy but still wants Santos lynched.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:14 am

Post by jammer »

Einlanzers wrote: @jammer
Do the "points" you have for each "case" add up to their total scumminess? (Meaning since Santos has the most points you think he's the scummiest) If not what is the order of scummiest from that list?
I putted in votes with Santos. So far from the truth.
You want an order? I can try and give one.
1) Santos
2) Clara
3) Porkens
4) HV
@Everyone
I still have high suspicions for Clara. I'm hoping that one of these lynch candidates (Porkens or Santos) is scum. I believe (and I very well could be wrong) that she will put the kabash on the town one and therefore we will know that Clara is scum and whoever isn't lynched is scum. I REALLY don't like the thought of lynching a townie, but if we can get both scum out of the way by day 3 that would be wonderful :). This being said I really hope that Clara comes back and at least says something (if not votes!). I think that if she doesn't vote one way or another someone should step down from the Santos wagon because its a clear indication that she doesn't want to appear scummy but still wants Santos lynched.
Hold a moment there...
She knows as much as you do. If she hammers town that doesn't make her auto-scum.

That said, assuming Santos votes Porkens back.
Clara gets a hammer between 2 players on L-1?

That is interesting...

This is an interesting turn of evens. If Clara gets back she suddely realises she has can hammer on 2 players.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, I think Clara would need to explain her reasons for voting one over the other. If she just auto-hammers without explaining herself then she's probably scum.

Also, the Porkens wagon is made of fail as of this point and is likely scum trying to get rid of one IC (and then likely try to kill me tonight). I strongly advise against it. He has acted scummy for sure, but Santos has done so much more. Look at the facts and use your head folks.
YOUR AD HERE

Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Einlanzers »

@VP
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not "going after" Porkens because of his IC status. Also if Porkens were to post an actual reply and explain his actions and his feelings for each player it may quell me enough to pull my vote, but as of now I feel that Porkens is lurking an awful lot and only posting to vote :/.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Einlanzers wrote:@VP
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not "going after" Porkens because of his IC status. Also if Porkens were to post an actual reply and explain his actions and his feelings for each player it may quell me enough to pull my vote, but as of now I feel that Porkens is lurking an awful lot and only posting to vote :/.
Your defensiveness to a broad accusation is noted.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 1.13

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Santos: 4: Porkens (15), Head_Honcho (17), VP Baltar (18), jammer (25)
Porkens: 3: Chiarosicada (23), Hurleys_Van (24), Einlanzers (27)
VP Baltar: 1: Santos (26)

Not voting: Claramata

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Currently Santos would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 6:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 7th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Einlanzers »

VP Baltar wrote:
Einlanzers wrote:@VP
Your defensiveness to a broad accusation is noted.
Your statement of something obvious is noted. It wasn't really a "defense" more of an explanation anyway :/. I grow weary of posting such small posts though...
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

VP wrote:Your defensiveness to a broad accusation is noted.
Please explain why you think Ein's response is notable, because his is similar to one I might have given.
Ein wrote:But that seems to be EXACTLY what you are doing. You didn't start the bandwagon, you joined it.
In other words, every vote that isn't the first vote on a player is scummy? Ridiculous.

I've justified my votes far more than Porkens has. Furthermore, I've remained consistent, whereas it took only a single emotional-appeal ridden post (and I'm not calling you scummy for doing so) from you to change Porkens' certainty that you were scum to move onto Santos.
Porkens 106 wrote:Ein is a good lynch. Vote for him now (hammer) and be a hero to the town.

(real post commin' later)

Ein's 145
Porkens 148 (his next post) wrote:unvote

Lazer'z last post seems genuine to me. I'll believe his claim for the time being.

Someone else has been itching at my craw lately and I'll just come out and ask:

Santos; why have you mention Lupo so much in this game?

vote; Santos
I'm not convinced that Porkens had a real change of heart.

As far as today goes, lynching anyone other than Santos or Porkens seems out of the question now. There's too much invested in both of their wagons for any other lynch to be worthwhile.
Zorblag - For now Troll will go have some rum and see if that inspires any wonderful solutions. Troll no be hopeful but at least Troll will get to have some rum.
Hurleys_Van
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Hurleys_Van »

@VP
Why is the Santos wagon sooooo much better then the Porkens one my good sir?
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:21 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

VP wrote:Also, the Porkens wagon is made of fail as of this point and is likely scum trying to get rid of one IC (and then likely try to kill me tonight). I strongly advise against it. He has acted scummy for sure, but Santos has done so much more. Look at the facts and use your head folks.
When you say that the Porkens wagon is "full of fail", are you saying that you don't think Porkens is scum or that the votes on him have crap justification? Both, neither?

And Hurley,
Hurley wrote:I do believe that Santos has a case against him, just that the Porkens one is much stronger....and since people don't seem to realize how non-town his game has been. Well I don't know.

But since Santos seems to most everybodys prime subject.

Unvote Vote: Santos
I wrote:This makes no sense. Why would you vote someone just because he's a popular lynch when there's someone you find scummier?
Zorblag - For now Troll will go have some rum and see if that inspires any wonderful solutions. Troll no be hopeful but at least Troll will get to have some rum.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:21 am

Post by jammer »

I am on the Santos wagon. Need more?
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

Also, since I haven't done this in awhile

Scummy

Porkens - 7
Santos - 7
Clara - 6
Hurley - 6
Ein - 6
VP - 5
HH - 5
jammer - 4

Not so scummy

If multiple players have the same number, the one higher on the list is scummier.
Hurleys_Van
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Hurleys_Van »

you wrote:This makes no sense. Why would you vote someone just because he's a popular lynch when there's someone you find scummier?
because I'm a conformist. :roll:
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:49 am

Post by jammer »

@Chia, if I understand you find a lynch on Porkens and a lynch on Santos completely fine.

How did Clara became less scummy with posting very little, and how did Porkens came higher on your scummy list with posting little?
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Einlanzers »

Some information

My Wagon:
jammer, Claramata, Porkens, Santos

Santos' Wagon:
Porkens, Head_Honcho, VP Baltar, jammer

Porkens' Wagon:
Chiarosicada, Hurleys_Van, Einlanzers, Santos

Porkens and jammer were both on my wagon and now are on Santoses wagon.
Santos was on my wagon and is now on Porkens' wagon.

It seems highly suspect to me that Porkens and/or jammer are scummer.
This also makes Santos look scummy, but it seems less so.

New list:
1) Porkens
2) jammer
3) Santos
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Chia, this was directed at you:
Head_Honcho wrote:How would lynching Santos (or to a lesser extent ein) provide less information than porkens or clara?
Also, you're jumping on Porkens about his 'change of heart' being insincere. How is Porkens' reaction to Ein's post any different than, oh, Jammer's? Porkens was also the first one to hop off that bandwagon, so what is it that makes his 'change of heart' disingenuous? Especially when two others (three if you count santos) hopped off due to the same post.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

jammer wrote:How did Clara became less scummy with posting very little, and how did Porkens came higher on your scummy list with posting little?
Good catch. I ended up giving Porkens/Santos/Clara lower numbers because I don't feel certain enough about Porkens/Santos to give them 8s. Clara hasn't become more or less scummy, but Porkens and Santos have become more scummy than they have. I should have given Porkens/Santos 8s and Clara a 7.
HH wrote:How would lynching Santos (or to a lesser extent ein) provide less information than porkens or clara?
At this point, I think Santos and Porkens would provide roughly the same amount of information. When I said earlier that Santos would provide more information, it was because his wagon had more players on it than Porkens' had.
HH wrote:Also, you're jumping on Porkens about his 'change of heart' being insincere. How is Porkens' reaction to Ein's post any different than, oh, Jammer's? Porkens was also the first one to hop off that bandwagon, so what is it that makes his 'change of heart' disingenuous? Especially when two others (three if you count santos) hopped off due to the same post.
His change was more dramatic. He went from being near-certain to accepting Ein's townie claim.

This was the vote count right before Ein's post.
Mod Zorblag wrote:Einlanzers: 3: jammer (4), Claramata (9), Porkens (10)
jammer: 1: Lupo El Loco (5)
jonnydelawelsh: 1: Einlanzers (11)
Claramata: 1: VP Baltar (13)

Not voting: Cartza, jonnydelawelsh, Santos
Santos had unvoted shortly before this count. The only other person to hop off the wagon because of this post is jammer.

Compare
Porkens wrote:Woah there pardner, are you saying you now know his personality enough to unload this much of a direct scum-accusation?

unvote
vote: Einlanzers
Porkens wrote:Ein is a good lynch. Vote for him now (hammer) and be a hero to the town.

to
jammer wrote:Vote: Einlanzers, what do you think to accomplish with a no lynch? If I see the numbers, we get one lynch less if we no lynch. I'd like to hear your reasoning. If this was created to no lynch D1, don't you think it would be a nightstart?
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

EBWOP
I wrote:Porkens and Santos have become more scummy than
she has
Last post for awhile.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Chiar wrote:Please explain why you think Ein's response is notable, because his is similar to one I might have given.
Because I was merely stating my opinion of the wagon and to immediately respond as if it were directed toward him implies that he could potentially have a guilty conscience.
HV wrote:@VP
Why is the Santos wagon sooooo much better then the Porkens one my good sir?
Because the Santos wagon is built upon very clear actions that he has taken in this game, whereas the Porkens wagon seems to be a shakier and built largely on accusations of his intentions with his votes.
Chiar wrote:When you say that the Porkens wagon is "full of fail", are you saying that you don't think Porkens is scum or that the votes on him have crap justification? Both, neither?
First and foremost my gut is saying right now that Porkens is not scum. That being said, I think some of the votes on him have indeed by without very good justification and are always there because of his lurking.

Looking at your list of who's scummy and who is not Chiar, you do realize that you are on the wagon that has more of your scummy reads on it, and your more town reads are on Santos' wagon. How does that make you feel about where your vote is at?

@HV 365--how about you actually answer the question.

@Ein 367--this post does not make any sense at all. You can't make vote analysis until you know someone's alignment.
YOUR AD HERE

Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Santos »

Myself wrote:while everyone else at least had a legitimate reason to put a vote on him.
VP Baltar wrote:Wrong.
How is this wrong? Ein was acting incredibly scummy! Why the hell did the wagon even start if that is 'wrong'?
VP Baltar wrote:Casting suspicions on several players is called scumhunting, and what makes you such an easy lynch? You didn't seem to have a problem with easy lynches when it was pointed at eins.
Apparently, I'm not an easy lynch, but just being dumbed down because I pressured Ein to role claim or die.
He wanted to throw in the towel, but I put him at L-1 to make him participate, not to just lynch him.
There is a fucking difference, and you keep trying to make me look scummy for doing something the town needed to do to not lynch a TOWNIE. And look what happened? OMG, everyone is not suspicious of Ein anymore! Holy crap! What happened?
Myself wrote:You ask for others' help in hoping they will drop the hammer today even though
they
are seemingly
not comfortable
with a lynch yet, especially considering we still have 6 days before deadline.
VP Baltar wrote:Please provide quotes where I said I was uncomfortable with your lynch.
Here it is again, you trying to dispel what I actually said to make it look like I was saying
you
were uncomfortable with my lynch! Stop this! Eventually it leads to Strawmanning!
VP Baltar wrote:First you argue that I'm not pursuing you aggressively enough, now you are saying I'm rushing your lynch? Pick a side please.
Where? Where did I say this please?
VP Baltar wrote:Here's the difference: ein wasn't really acting scummy. You most definitely were and continue to.
ONCE AGAIN
, where is the proof? What posts specifically draw you to the conclusion that I am scum?

------------------------------------------

That would be interesting to see what happens if I move my vote back to Porkens...however, before I give that option, I would actually like to hear what Porkens has to say instead of lurking this day out probably hoping I eat rope before he has to talk. (In which he would come into the next day saying something like "Oh sorry I didn't have computer access" but I'm back now! Oh, man, had I seen Santos' latest posts I sure would have changed my mind!")

Mod, how long in between a person's last post do they get prodded? Speaking of which, Clar?

VP Baltar wrote:Because the Santos wagon is built upon very clear actions that he has taken in this game, whereas the Porkens wagon seems to be a shakier and built largely on accusations of his intentions with his votes.
Evidence-fail for the win. Nice, VP. So these 'actions' in the game are what are bringing me to my death today? I am stupefied as to what they are!
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

VP wrote:Looking at your list of who's scummy and who is not Chiar, you do realize that you are on the wagon that has more of your scummy reads on it, and your more town reads are on Santos' wagon. How does that make you feel about where your vote is at?
Fair enough. I can only say that my gut tells me that Porkens is scum.

That being said, I've started to lean towards Santos after my reread earlier today. One post in particular...
Santos wrote:I'm not advocating lynching Ein today, am I? Where did I say that? I know I asked for a claim, but I don't recall saying 'I want to lynch Ein today'. The best thing we can do today is get a several suspects on the table and then decide collectively as to who we all agree should go to the rope today.
Sigh.

I'm willing to hammer Santos. I want Clara to post on both Santos and Porkens though, and I'm willing to wait until deadline for her or her replacement to respond.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: As per the rules, prods are given if a player goes three days without posting or a prod is requested. Claramata has been prodded as of this morning PDT (i.e. post 337.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”