Newbie 792--Mafia Island ~ Mafia win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Yaw »

Thanks, Thesp! I was about to ask what Thespival was going to do to you in terms of V/LA.

Vote Count:

Wickedestjr (3): MiteyMouse, Papa Zito, AGar
MiteyMouse (2): Thesp, Darkstrike_11

Not Voting: Wickedestjr, Indigo Heron

4 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

MM wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
MM wrote:I believe that I already answered this and then used his idea...and thought that it was fun.
Can you please point out the posts where this happens, because I can't find it.
Looking back, it was not as much as I thought it was. I did answer a question and I asked one near the start of the game.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't answer this question? Where did you ask a random question?
MM wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
MM wrote:
Yes it was a safe answer
but, Papa was (quite obviously) implying that my defense of Boxman (though it wasn't really a defence just me stating an oponion) made me less valuable to the Town.
You even admit that it is a safe answer. Papa Zito asked you which of the two you prefer, and instead you say you think they are both equally important. That did not answer the question. It struck me as if you weren't sure how to answer the question. Possibly scared you may answer incorrectly.
Well I do admit that it was safe. I do believe that both are important...though, that is now looking to turn around and be used against me.
I am using it against you, because I think you are scum. If you were town why would you give a safe answer to that question? Town aren't afraid about being lynched, and that's the impression that you have given me.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Vote: Mitey Mouse

Mitey hasn't really convinced me at all. I gave her a chance, but she didn't change my mind.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

right now I'd like to hear from IH. Which wagon do you support? still gunning for wicked?
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

In fact currently IH has the deciding vote! Its up to youuuu!
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:00 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Darkstrike_11 wrote:In fact currently IH has the deciding vote! Its up to youuuu!
Nope...it looks like you all just lynched me.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

MiteyMouse wrote:
Darkstrike_11 wrote:In fact currently IH has the deciding vote! Its up to youuuu!
Nope...it looks like you all just lynched me.
You and Wicked are both at L-1.

Care to claim?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

*breaking out in cold sweat*

Wicked doesn't have a lot going for him in my mind right now; MiteyMouse strikes me as more trustworthy than Wicked has so far.

I need some 'me' time right now. Give me a few hours to stew it over finalise my decision (and vote).
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

EBWOP: Both Wicked and MiteyMouse should use this window to try and convince me why should I vote for the other person.
最愛心。。。
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

I take it this means you didn't investigate either of them.

unvote

I don't want this day to end prematurely. We're in no rush here.
Kappa
Just Monika
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

If you want me to vote purely on that basis...I already know who to vote for.
最愛心。。。
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Well...I guess I read the count wrong.

I'm vanilla Town.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Indigo Heron wrote:If you want me to vote purely on that basis...I already know who to vote for.
*Processing...*
Kappa
Just Monika
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by AGar »

Hmmmm..

I wonder what IH has in store for us. I'd like to see a little more defense from wicked and Mitey rather than infighting.

Make a case, both of you, please.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

looks like my wager may have been right on the money.

I'm very much a proponent of a long daytime, but in my mind we have a chance to win here. Maybe its because I can't see anyone other than mitey or wicked being scum. If the rest of the day will be taken up by wicked and mitey locked in a little back and forth, I'd rather hear IH's investigation result and lynch the other one.

correct me if i'm wrong guys, but surely thats the best way forward?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:36 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm really liking today's version of AGar better than yesterday's.
Darkstrike_11 wrote:correct me if i'm wrong guys, but surely thats the best way forward?
It's not a bad way, but maybe not the best way either. Consider this:

1. You're not sure which of the pair is scum. Why not let the day go longer until you can say for sure which of them is more likely?
2. If we lynch early today and the lynchee flips town, we wouldn' have much additional info for tomorrow.
3. There are three players in this game (you, me, Thesp) who haven't been hunted in any meaningful way. That's making me at least a bit uncomfortable. I have this nagging suspicion in the back of my head that things are going a little too well. If that makes sense.

That Indigo post in particular rang some alarm bells. I'm still chewing it over.
Kappa
Just Monika
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:10 am

Post by AGar »

Papa Zito wrote: 3. There are three players in this game (you, me, Thesp) who haven't been hunted in any meaningful way. That's making me at least a bit uncomfortable. I have this nagging suspicion in the back of my head that things are going a little too well. If that makes sense.
I was going to bring this up today. Not to cast any shadows on you guys, but we need to have a fallback if we're wrong on wicked and Mitey. It's happened to me before, where I was 100% sure on a guy being scum, got a full wagon behind me (because of a few clues we thought were linked to him) and then he turned out flipping green. Needless to say that was a shitty feeling because we thought we were going to be able to go from there, and developed no plan.

So time for some questions:

@Darkstrike_11: If Mitey and wickedestjr flip green, you've been very set on one of the two being scum. How should we view this? Overconfidence in your scumhunting or manipulating the fears of others into possibly two easy lynches?

@Papa_Zito: You've had something against wicked since early day 1, and while you make some interesting and convincing cases (and he doesn't help his image either), what's to say you aren't scum manipulating our fears?

@Thesp: You're semi-lurking now that Box is dead? What's up wit dat? I know you're V/LA now and for a bit, but you kinda went silent compared to yesterday. Much less aggressive it seems to me.

@Indigo_Heron: Assuming you aren't scum, do you expect to live the night tonight if wicked/mitey are not scum? Out of the above three (Papa, Thesp, Dark), who would you be most suspicious of as scum?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:12 am

Post by AGar »

Oops. Premature posting ftl.

EBWOP:

Meant to add, I'm not questioning wicked/Mitey because no sense in beating the dead horse. These are more "contingencies" if they both die and we are wrong.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Papa Zito »

AGar wrote:@Papa_Zito: You've had something against wicked since early day 1, and while you make some interesting and convincing cases (and he doesn't help his image either), what's to say you aren't scum manipulating our fears?
The answer to this lies in the Boxman situation from yesterday. We know Box is scum, so let's take the scenario where he and I are partners, and I'll show you how it doesn't make much sense.

Our first interaction happens early Day 1. To this point Box has just posted some banter-type stuff when I suddenly blindside him for his opening joke. From a scum perspective, it doesn't make much sense for me to shine a big beacon of light on him when he's under zero suspicion at the time. I attract some heat for proposing random bandwagons/massclaims/etc. His next post responds to mine, and instead of leaving it there I continue the attack. Even more weird, he brings it up again later, as if to make sure he's in the clear with his own partner. (?)

Heat slowly rises on Box through the day, like a frog in a pot of water. I post my Box case. The timing of this though is really weird - while Box did have some heat on him, you and Wicked had a lot more, and at this point a lynch of either one of you is far more likely. Even more strange, I pursue the lynch through the rest of the day instead of moving elsewhere.

tl;dr If I'm scum, I bussed the crap out of my partner, when it wasn't necessary. Much more likely explanation is that I'm town.

This was a good exercise, btw, because I got to reread Mitey in context. I didn't like what I saw.
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Hold the phone. Somehow I missed this in Dark's big post. Check this crap out.
Darkstrike_11 wrote:
PAGE ONE

Mitey Mouse -> Wickedestjr

Wickedestjr (1) [
Mitey Mouse
]

PAGE TWO

Wickedestjr (2) [
Mitey Mouse
, DS]

PAGE THREE
(wahey)
Wickedestjr (1) [
Mitey Mouse
]

PAGE FOUR

Wickedestjr (2) [
Mitey Mouse
, Papa Zito]

PAGE FIVE

Wickedestjr (2) [
Mitey Mouse
, Papa Zito]

PAGE SIX

Wickedestjr (1) [
Mitey Mouse
]

PAGE SEVEN

Wickedestjr (1) [
Mitey Mouse
]

PAGE EIGHT

Wickedestjr (1) [
Mitey Mouse
]

PAGE NINE

Wickedestjr (1) [
Mitey Mouse
]

PAGE TEN

Wickedestjr (2) [
Mitey Mouse
, Indigoheron]

PAGE ELEVEN

Wickedestjr (4) [
Mitey Mouse
, Indigoheron, DS, Tracker]

PAGE TWELVE

Wickedestjr (2) [
Mitey Mouse
, Tracker]

PAGE THIRTEEN

Boxman is lynched, Tracker is Nked
Boy am I slow.

Mitey, why didn't your vote move yesterday?
Kappa
Just Monika
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:08 am

Post by AGar »

Papa Zito wrote:
AGar wrote:@Papa_Zito: You've had something against wicked since early day 1, and while you make some interesting and convincing cases (and he doesn't help his image either), what's to say you aren't scum manipulating our fears?
The answer to this lies in the Boxman situation from yesterday. We know Box is scum, so let's take the scenario where he and I are partners, and I'll show you how it doesn't make much sense.

Our first interaction happens early Day 1. To this point Box has just posted some banter-type stuff when I suddenly blindside him for his opening joke. From a scum perspective, it doesn't make much sense for me to shine a big beacon of light on him when he's under zero suspicion at the time. I attract some heat for proposing random bandwagons/massclaims/etc. His next post responds to mine, and instead of leaving it there I continue the attack. Even more weird, he brings it up again later, as if to make sure he's in the clear with his own partner. (?)

Heat slowly rises on Box through the day, like a frog in a pot of water. I post my Box case. The timing of this though is really weird - while Box did have some heat on him, you and Wicked had a lot more, and at this point a lynch of either one of you is far more likely. Even more strange, I pursue the lynch through the rest of the day instead of moving elsewhere.

tl;dr If I'm scum, I bussed the crap out of my partner, when it wasn't necessary. Much more likely explanation is that I'm town.

This was a good exercise, btw, because I got to reread Mitey in context. I didn't like what I saw.
Thanks for the answer. I don't doubt town alignment here, just trying to establish something to go back to if need be.

Now I have to go back and re-read Mitey aside from the vote (which is hella suspicious btw). I missed that too somehow.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

My Defense By: Wickedestjr
--------------------------------

First of all, I would like to point out that I am the kind of player that generally comes across as scum regardless of my role, and I admit re-reading my own posts, I have done some strange things. I am not expecting you to unvote me for this reason alone though. I've noticed that people were suspicious of me because of my unvote of box and not wanting him to rc. I don't know if there was any other reason for people being suspicious of me, but please point out points that I missed. First Papa Zito posted a big table that convinced me to vote box. Honestly, he was not a player I was paying attention to and when Papa pointed out how box was following everybody else and trying to get on the town's good side, I decided this was suspicious enough for a vote. Keep in mind that this was about a page or two after IH's claim. Then I realized, that I put box at L-1, and when I saw Papa Zito asking him to claim, I unvoted. These are the reasons why;

1: I wanted to use as much of the day as possible. Even if we reached the deadline, I was pretty sure that box was going to get lynched anyway, and I didn't think it could hurt to get some more discussion.

2: I hadn't heard box's defense yet, and if his defense was decent enough I might have unvoted. If it wasn't then I wouldn't care to have him at L-1.
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Temporary V/LA for me for 48 hours due to helping prepare events on July the 3rd.
最愛心。。。
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm itching to drop the hammer. heheh

Waiting on others to chime in tho.
Kappa
Just Monika
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

I didn't move my vote yesterday as, I didn't see the need to. I'm very suspicious of Wicked and have been all game. When it came time to remove my vote, it would have been put right back onto Wicked so no need to move!

Happy Canada to my fellow Canadians!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”