Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Unvote, Vote Mufasa

Also, I like how all of the main suspects are scummy to ckool and yet he still can't muster a vote. Certainly not feeling out what is popular. :roll:
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:46 am

Post by MafiaMann »

I leave for less then 24 hours and get 8 votes wow. Anyway VP i responded to your earlier accusations as clear as I could. We obviously dont agree on all points but I answered your questions.

I also dont see why anyone would find me telling people to stop voting mastin scummy. He was getting close to a lynch and I figured he would claim before he was lynched which he did.

I unvoted mastin quickly after his claim because he claimed a power role and one way or another he is going to die in the night stage.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

VP Baltar wrote:
Wicked wrote:It doesn't seem to bother you that some people on the Mastin bandwagon have joined without giving reasons. FoS: VP
1:There comes a point in a mafia game where you just have to pick a target and get that target lynched. Sure, some people hopped on the Mastin wagon without stating reasons, but in fairness what else were they going to say really? I gave a wealth of good reasons for him needing to be dead. I don't think there was a lot more to add. I'm sure there were some scum jumping on that wagon, but that doesn't mean I should stop a lynch from going forward on a person I think is likely scum. The fact that we likely have multiple mafia factions in this game means that almost every wagon until closer to endgame is going to have have scum hopping on it. All I can do is try to get my targets lynched and pay attention to voting patterns for analysis later.
Wicked wrote:Do you want a PBPA VP? I'm getting the impression, that you don't want one. Are you scared that the PBPA will point out a lot about you.
2: The fact is that Mastin is behaving stupidly about this and that is why I keep ignoring his giant sized questions. If he has suspicions to bring then he can post them, he does not need my approval to do so. He is harping on this PBPA thing because he hopes it will make it look like I actually care if he does it or not, which I don't. Furthermore, this sprung from me asking what the points on JR were from multiple people and never receiving an answer. It doesn't require a PBPA at all. One only needs to link to some previous posts where the points against him are clearly stated.

To sit there and repititiously scream that I need to give him approval to make a case is dumb. Make your points or shut up, but either way I don't think there is a significant case to be made against me. My guess is that it will largely be comprised of him saying how I'm misrepping him and that I'm using some sort of hidden mind control to convince others that he is scum etc. etc. that he has stated very poorly numerous times in his other posts.
1: That is true. They didn't have much to add. Although they could at least state what they think is most scummy about the person they are voting.

2: Good answer. If he has reasoning as to somebody's scumminess then he should just post it.
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Achilles »

@mod votecount please

I'm fairly certain that MafiaMann is scum, but I'm also interested in seeing how Mufasa plans to explain his actions.

@ Mufasa - please directly address 871. I felt your 873 was just avoiding the question, and I'm interested in you explaining why your thoughts changed so quickly.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #23=-

MafiaMann (7) - SerialClergyman, Wickedestjr, roflcopter, Lowell, Faraday, Empking's Alt, Mufasa
Kublai Khan (2) - ZazieR, Namttam
VP Baltar (2) - Kise, Mastin
Mufasa (2) - curiouskarmadog, VP Baltar
Mastin (1) - Kublai Khan
ckool5000 (1) - fallen angel

Not Voting (6) - Achilles, dvdkid13, Redith, Hayker, MafiaMann, ckool5000

11 to lynch.

CLICK HERE FOR DEADLINE CLOCK
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

VP Baltar wrote:Unvote, Vote Mufasa

Also, I like how all of the main suspects are scummy to ckool and yet he still can't muster a vote. Certainly not feeling out what is popular. :roll:
Can you explain your vote?
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ckool5000 wrote:...Unlike me, of course.
curiouskarmadog wrote:in a sentence or two, I want to hear why you are considering Kub, , VP, or MM....I also want to hear why you believe Mastin's claim and are completely not considering that it is a pre thought out fake claim.
Kublai- For reasons already stated before, thank you.

VP- Something just doesn't seem right about his posts to Mastin, and it seems like he's purposefully leaving out important info... Like the one's that Mastin bolds and increases in size.

MM- Um... To be honest I don't know. For some reason there's a bandwagon... And it all sounded like he was scummy...

Are you saying that you don't think that these three are scummy at all? Please explain.

Mastin- Meh. I believe his claim to some extent, but am willing to lynch him. It does seem like at least a somewhat realistic claim though...

Your post sounded kind of... hostile, karmadog...
if anyone has played with me..they know I hate the term "to be honest"....up until recently I thought it was a scum tell....rofl I guess proved me wrong months ago...

at any rate, what part of my question seemed hostile? Also, so what?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

That's the second time you've voted MafiaMann for about 3 seconds before switching VP Baltar...
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

SerialClergyman wrote:That's the second time you've voted MafiaMann for about 3 seconds before switching VP Baltar...
Sorry if I'm not comfortable with 7 people hopping on the MM wagon for not reasoning other than what I presented. People are being really lazy this game, and I agree with CKD that Mufasa needs some votes on him for his rapidly changing stances on Mastin.

Also, do you have any thoughts on the game other than my voting?

@ckool--read the thread and you should be able to very easily understand why I voted for Mufasa.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

EBWOP: for no reasoning

Additionally, we have about a week until deadline, so I can always switch my vote back to MM if necessary. Right now I think it's better served elsewhere.
YOUR AD HERE

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:40 am

Your response doesn't really address the concern. You felt MM was scummy enough for a vote, made a large case on him, then dropped it totally to vote Mastin. The wagon on Mastin falls over after a claim, so you go back to your main case. Then just as some people join your wagon (presumably a good thing if you genuinely think MM is scum) you switch your vote right off again.

Do you think Mufasa is scummier than MM? It looks to me like you are happy to have the appearance of doubting him but fail to want any pressure on him at all.

Look at the pressure you managed to exert on Mastin, contrast it with the pressure you've exerted on MM - 2 votes with unvotes soon after. You weren't afraid of people joining the Mastin bandwagon, nor were you afraid of their lack of reasons for joining it, nor were you concerned about the status of the deadline. What's changed with MM?

If I felt the need to comment on other parts of the game, I probably would have. Is there something you feel I'm missing or quiet on?
I'm old now.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:40 am

Post by ZazieR »

Ok, like I said, many posts coming as I''m at post 671 >.<

Post 671, nothing much as most have been already pointed out. However, I saw Kublai''s response as I was curious to what he''d say.

Post 672. Mastin, about the anime. Don''t you dare to use one of those pics! I saw that you were looking for some images in one of your game, and Kevin asked if you meant mine. Use one, and what I''ll do to you, will be worse than what those girls do :).

As for post 673, Mastin knows that I disagree with his approach. Don''t know about the three he called scum in this post (VP, Khan and Lowell), but Khan is definitly scum of those three. Lowell probably.
As for the Emerald bit, I first thought it wasn''t important. But now that I''ve seen Kublai''s response to it, it appears to be important.
Ignore the ''R''
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@ SC--well I think I explained my reasoning for getting off the MM wagon for now. The fact is we have 5+ days until deadline and judging from how fast people where joining it without saying much, I would rather unvote for now and come back to it. My main problem is that no one is asking him any questions or really hashing out points against him, but is just going 'I agree with Baltar, let's kill him'.

It is indeed a good thing if people join the MM wagon, but it becomes problematic if no one is really trying to determine why he is scummy. Yes, some people were doing the same thing on the Mastin wagon, but at least
some
of the people on that wagon were trying to question him or show why they wanted him lynched. Plus, in my opinion, once Mastin and I started going at it he looked a hell of a lot scummier for some of the weak "scumtells" he was trying to point out.

Part of it too may just be the fact that MM has gone completely UTR recently. Like I said above, I'd rather hear what he has to say to some of his detractors (if they actually have any questions to put forth) than to rush to the lynch.

As far as commenting on things, I would definitely like to hear your thoughts on what Mufasa said in his past few posts and how he suddenly starting posting when I prodded him about it.
YOUR AD HERE

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:24 am

Post by ZazieR »

Post 681:
VP wrote:You were the one rolefishing in the first place. You asked why Kublai Khan did not include a bunch of flavor things in his miller claim. Did you not?
:facepalm:
Kublai already claimed. He wanted to claim. In this case, it''s not role-fishing.
I'm going to break down the jist of what happened with the miller claim since you guys seem to be losing focus because of it. If my memory serves me, this is how it happened:

-KK claims his role, miller.
-Most people, including you Zaz, state that it's null and he should be judged based on his actions.
-You guys begin to press him about the miller claim for some reason and he says he's a "regular Emerald miller". So, he included his flavor along with his role this time. People flip over this. Again, for what reason I don't know. He claimed the same exact thing, just with flavor this time.
-Now people ask him what kind of a miller he is even though he already said he's a regular miller. He decides to PM the mod for clarification because of his IRC business and apparently you guys have made him unsure.
-The mod PMs him his role right back. ie, it says regular miller so that is what you are.
-People regurgitate these points again and again and again.
Sure. Only include our arguments.
Have you looked at his explanations?

Also, your time line is wrong.
He claimed, I asked why and for clarification purposes if he was a miller or a death miller. Then, he came with an explanation why ''he isn''t sure'' which isn''t valid as stated here And this explanation is the lie. Yet, nobody takes the time to check. If you did, you''d know why he''s obv scum.
Other points are his attacks against me and his
defences
''defences'' against my accusations. And that he only ''asked'' what kind of miller he was after players starting to attack him on it, with as words ''if you insist''.

And yes, I did say it was null. However, when it appears that he''s fake-claiming, this doesn''t apply anymore.
VP wrote:I think you've had some good questions put to other players in this game, but you haven't really followed up on much because you're stuck on the miller thing.
So? Scum needs to be lynched. I''m positive that Kublai is scum. So why do I need to change my vote according to you?
Also, do you really think a claimed miller in a large game is going to be able to ride that claim to victory? Even if he is scum, he put a big target on his back and would likely have multiple killing factions gunning for him tonight. Say we didn't lynch him today, who would you like to see go to the gallows?
Would you think that a player claiming to be a doc, would survive till N6 in a large game? Oh, wait. That actually happened. And I think he claimed day 1 or 2. So how come you are so positive that this will happen, when you were in just mentioned game?
I will post my thoughts about each player soon. However, at this moment, the only reason why I would change, is at deadline with 1 more vote needed.
What do you disagree with in my case?
Most likely everything, except for what I pointed out. But I need to check again as it has been a while when I saw it.
Zazie, are you concerned about the potential of him buddying?
Buddying? He agrees with the points I make and the questions I ask. So I''m glad to have him here, and I don''t see why I should be concerned.
VP wrote:
Mastin wrote:Rofl's drop in activity is concerning...
I'm pretty sure he said that he would be ceasing to post content because you guys were acting ridiculous. Also, you should appreciate his meta since that seems to be your excuse constantly. It's a NULL TELL.
He sure said that :roll: :
Jailbait Bunny wrote:i'm not lurking, i'm just really uninterested in posting

we're still not lynching the claimed miller, sorry zaz
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:32 am

Post by ZazieR »

Post 689.

Seems I had already responded to it. W00T, go me :)
But I accidentally read the part of ''Emerald miller'' wrong. I thought he said that there could be millers present :oops:
Ignore the ''R''
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:38 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Mastin wrote:
You are correct. It is a null tell.
My posts are like a coin.
Reading my posts is like flipping the coin.
If it lands on heads, you see how my posts are pro-town.
If it lands on tails, then you see how my posts are anti-town.

But, no matter where the coin will flip, you're not going to get my alignment from the posts; that is because they're null tells. I'm a hard, nearly impossible, read, in fact. While I recently found a possible supertell of mine, other than that, there's no way for anyone to tell what alignment I am.

If people point out something scummy in my posts, I can not only
-Explain why it isn't,
but also
-Give examples of me doing the "scummy" thing as a pro-town player. (Most of the time. Sometimes, it's an ongoing game, meaning no link, no quote, without mod permission.)
Whatever. :roll: Ya know, I'm kind of getting the impression you want people to ignore your posts.

Mastin wrote:
VP wrote:Fishing for flavor,
Setting a trap.
It may have been a trap you were setting, but fishing for flavor is what you were betting. (See I can make some poetry of my own.) Ya know, this is a game with 2 scum groups. You may be trying to set a trap for somebody on the opposite scum group. But you could also be trying to fish for some flavor at the same time.

Mastin wrote:
misrepping,
1: Giving my opinions.

2: I've been accused of misrepping before. See 742, the best example of this off the top of my head. The accusations were false, sure, but they were still made.
So IF you accuse me of a misrep, I can prove how the supposed misrep (which is me just calling it as I see it) is a null tell from me.

Really, VP. I gave the links to all of my completed games. Don't tell me you didn't even glance at any of them. I gave them to prove these things as null tells, and opinions long-standing from me.
Really Mastin, stop trying to scare others into not accusing you of being scum.

Mastin wrote:
OMGUSing tons of people,
1: I accused you, and had my vote on you, long before you voted me. I went for a while thinking Khan was town, but Zazie's posts, some of Khan's blunders, and some review made me realize he's not. Lowell blatantly buddied up, and also, defended Khan a great deal from MULTIPLE PEOPLE, me the LEAST of them.
That's not OMGUS.
That's scum hunting.

2: And, again...look at my games. I could've technically been OMGUS'ing And and Kier. Chainsaw defense made me suspect Ace,
Same with Mikek here,

If memory serves, I did it here as well,

And so on.
Consider your point pwned via my meta.
If I didn't before, then I am now starting to think that the OMGUSing thing is a null tell as well.

Mastin wrote:
VP wrote:are solid scumtells that I am quite sure he does not do all the time.
And I just proved you wrong.

They all are, actually. I just pwned VP's assumption by proving his points false, via meta and my own actions this game. ;)
Mastin, Mastin, Mastin. You have a very interesting(annoying) playstyle. I think that later I will compare your playstyle in a game that you are scum, to your playstyle in a game you are town just for you Mastin. Mostly because the whole null tell thing is really annoying.
Mastin wrote:Today would be much better spent lynching VP Baltar.
No, there are people I would rather lynch today.

Mastin wrote:
I think that players like (but not exclusively) Mastin, VP, KK, Zaz, Lowell and roflcopter are all using preconcieved ideas to further convince themselves that the people they are attacking are scum.
VP's scum. Khan's very likely scum. Lowell's at third. Rofl's just rofl, and if his lurking is part of his meta, then he can be excused. Zaz is pro-town.

I've gone over the reasoning why multiple times. I believe that we should get rid of VP today.
I agree with your opinions on three of those five. I am not going to say who yet though.

Mastin wrote:
Why didn't people notice stuff like the fact Achilles posts scummy stuff EVERY POST,
I forget which, but I recall liking one of Achilles's posts.
I know that Achilles has made some strange posts, but there are at least five-eight people that I would much rather lynch.

Mastin wrote:
or FA and MafiaMann's little conversations?
Quite personally, I had noted them as, at best, things that look like a null tell. They do seem a bit scummy from it, but other than those two, I don't see anyone else linked together to form a mafia team in just those two.
I do, however, see a strong VP-Khan-Lowell link. Three's better than two, no?
I'm beginning to think that MafiaMann and FA have some relation with the trio.
Mastin wrote:
If the word 'mafia' wasn't there, someone could claim doctor and it we would not be able to say whether it was a pro-town doc or not
And think about it--

Let's use that Cerulean Roleblocker example again:

Say the PM says "You're a Cerulean Mafia Roleblocker". The person wants to claim.
They INSTANTLY will remove the Mafia part of their PM. And as Cerulean is a specific type of mafia, they'll likely remove that as well.
Leaving just Roleblocker.
"Claim: Roleblocker". Oops, no Emerald, that person's scum.

Where as a pro-town player, who gets a PM, say, saying "You're an Emerald Roleblocker", and they want to claim...

"Claim: Emerald Roleblocker".

This works for Mafia claiming a role they are not.

Say a PM says "You're a Cerulean Mafia Goon." The person wants to claim Miller.
Drop the Mafia, of course. Drop the Cerulean, because it's the type of mafia. Change Goon to Miller, and...

"Claim: Miller." Same mistake. No Emerald.

Does that clarify my thought process?
To me that was the most convincing defense against Khan so far in this whole game.

Mastin wrote:
Yep, that's still a threat.
There's no threat in a fact.
I'm stating what has happened. People (scum) HAVE been nailed for pushing my lynch, and me flipping town. People (any who attack me) get miserable when they attack me due to me responding to their attacks, and counter-attacking, creating huge walls of text.
"Any scum that push for my lynch are always caught". If this is true, then why do you point it out? It seems scummy.

Mastin wrote:It's simple, really.
I have fun when attacked.
If I'm not being attacked, I have no fun.
When I am having no fun, I will post shorter posts.
And when I am having loads of fun, I will post wall after wall of text.
Once again you are scaring people from being suspicious of you.

Mastin wrote:Which means that those who attack me end up regretting it later, because they not only have to live through my walls, but they also have to accept that pushing for my mislynch will make them look terrible the next day.
If you weren't always acting scummy then this would be true.

Mastin wrote:
and if someone aims to get you lynched knowing they'll get lynched the next day, a good townie should still push through it and criticize you, whereas scum would be more fearful of their own life.
It's called "point of no return".

A quote from a television show regarding a person shooting himself with another person's gun to frame him:

"Oh, the gun. Leave it, and it looks bad. Take it, and it looks even worse."

Once a person attacks me, and attacks me hard, there's no going back on it. They look bad for continuing. They look worse for stopping. I push for their lynch, even when they stop pushing for mine, so they have no choice but to push my lynch as scum, because if they don't, instead of getting lynched the next day, they get lynched THAT day.
The more I comment on your posts, the more I want to comment.

Mastin wrote:
It was just about the only thing he could genuinely focus on, and noone else had done much at all, so it's impossible to tell whether he had tunnel vision on you or not.
It took him forever to unvote, and that was due to the fact that he couldn't get anyone to go along with him. Because the scum want me dead, now, though, he's revoted me.

Definitely seems like tunneling to me.
I would really like roflcopter to reply to this.

Mastin wrote:
- I agree about fishing for flavour.
Look, when I reveal whether the trap worked or not, I will prove why the assumption that I was flavor-fishing was absolutely false. I've opened a notepad document and saved my thoughts there, just in case I forget later on.
When do you plan on revealing these results?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

zazie wrote:Kublai already claimed. He wanted to claim. In this case, it''s not role-fishing.
He was fishing for flavor, which is part of a role, which is why it's called rolefishing.
Zazie wrote:So? Scum needs to be lynched. I''m positive that Kublai is scum. So why do I need to change my vote according to you?
Because you need to actually look objectively at your case (which you are not doing at all). No matter how convinced you are, there is still always a chance that you could be wrong and you should explore alternative avenues to see which is actually the best choice for the day. You haven't done this at all.
Zazie wrote:Would you think that a player claiming to be a doc, would survive till N6 in a large game? Oh, wait. That actually happened. And I think he claimed day 1 or 2. So how come you are so positive that this will happen, when you were in just mentioned game?
The difference is that MonkeyMan was intentionally acting scummy throughout that game to stay a viable mislynch. I'm going to lay out some cards for you because you dont seem to understand what is going on: the more you act like Kublai is a viable mislynch for the scum, the more likely it is that he will survive. If the scum thinks there is no way he is going to be lynched, then they have no choice but to off him.

As an example, look at the same game you're referring to. Zwet and Kieraen could have been lynched in the first two days for their horrible mason claim, but the proper play was to let them live and make the scum do their own dirty work, which they eventually had to do.
Zazie wrote:Buddying? He agrees with the points I make and the questions I ask. So I''m glad to have him here, and I don''t see why I should be concerned.
Yes, that is indeed the definition of buddying.
Zazie wrote:He sure said that
I put more accurately what he meant. Why do you think he said he was uninterested? Hint: because you guys want to lynch a claimed miller on D1 instead of looking for actual scum.
YOUR AD HERE

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:33 am

Baltar - it's not that your reasons are poor in isolation, it's that your behaviour has radically changed since the last wagon. You are a lot weaker on MM than you were on Mastin. And if that weren't odd enough, this is the SAME PERSON you started making a good case against and then abandoned despite some promising leads earlier in the thread.

a) You regarded the MM case as 'just as strong' as the Mastin case when questioned about how likely you think Mastin is to be scum.
VP in 754 wrote: And I do think the case on MafiaMann is quite convincing, but I think the one against Mastin is just as convincing.
So it's not due to an imbalance in the cases that you're treating them differently.

b) You say that your most recent reason for moving off of MM is that people are joining without reason and there is a deadline approaching and we have time. But on Mastin's wagon, you seemed to care about neither of these issues.
VP in 791 wrote:KK I hope you don't replace out because I think Mastin is lynchable today and then everyone will be better off. I'm sure his scum partners are even considering lynching him at this point.

We're at 7 votes now, we only need four more. SC and anyone not voting Mastin, I ask you to use reason here. You can't honestly believe that Mastin is being effective at scumhunting or helping the town in any way. This matter is only going to resolve in either him or I being dead. Vote for whoever you think is acting more scummy and let's be done with these giant walls of back and forth that are making this game a drag.
VP in 810 wrote:Inconsistency, ahoy! LAL! More Mastin votes, plz!
VP in 718 wrote:Also, voting Mastin is pro-town.
VP in 712 wrote:If you agree with these points please Unvote, Vote Mastin

Could the following people please explain whether or not you think Mastin is town based on the above points (not necessary if you simply vote):
It seems clear to me you had no eye on the deadline and were prepared to lynch straight away, and you actively encouraged people to jump on the bandwagon without applying reasoning.

c) It goes against your stated intentions about how you want to procede with the day, words that applied to Mastin but are forgotten when talking about MM (twice)
VP in 844 wrote:There comes a point in a mafia game where you just have to pick a target and get that target lynched. Sure, some people hopped on the Mastin wagon without stating reasons, but in fairness what else were they going to say really? I gave a wealth of good reasons for him needing to be dead. I don't think there was a lot more to add. I'm sure there were some scum jumping on that wagon, but that doesn't mean I should stop a lynch from going forward on a person I think is likely scum. The fact that we likely have multiple mafia factions in this game means that almost every wagon until closer to endgame is going to have have scum hopping on it. All I can do is try to get my targets lynched and pay attention to voting patterns for analysis later.
All of that adds up to treating players in a markedly different way, in fact, in stark contrast, I'd argue.

My opinion on Mufasa is that he joins the arms-length long list of players in this game who turn up to post a sentence or two every now and then, often without decent reasons or much interaction with the game. I prefer the case on MafiaMann because I think there's more evidence against him and I think his reaction to the recent episode with Mastin was just as bad.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, so you agree that his reasoning is bad. The fact is that you're really buzz killing any kind of pressure that was being put on him to make him explain his actions, SC. This is really the point of my vote and it's useless now because you're sidetracking it into my reasoning for voting MM and Mastin. The fact is (which I was forced to state thanks to your questioning) that I am still am going to vote MM for today's lynch. Pressure votes don't mean anything if you say they are there for pressure. So thanks for that.
YOUR AD HERE

Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:25 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

VP Baltar wrote:
zazie wrote:Kublai already claimed. He wanted to claim. In this case, it''s not role-fishing.
He was fishing for flavor, which is part of a role, which is why it's called rolefishing.
Not really.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:interesting how a claim and some "breadcrumbs" can stop a wagon. everyone was so hell bent on lynching mastin, but he says he is a RB (which i find is a easy mafia claim to claim)...also everyone seems to overlook the fact that he could have easily planned that claim well before the day started. Hell Kublai's interaction with him might have helped him craft that claim....not buying and I think the claim and his explanation of it is shaky at best....
No doubt. I took some time to read some of his posts in isolation. Remember his "I'm a serial-killer-lyncher-jester-member-of-a-four-man-mason-roleblocker-tracker-watcher group." comment that supposedly setup his roleblocker claim? Well, I don't see any other breadcrumbs about being a roleblocker until iso49 (3 mentions) and iso52 (4 separate mentions).

Previously, it looks like he might have been setting up for a fakeclaim of watcher. Check it out:
Mastin (iso21) wrote:Yea, that's generally my plan. [Khan]'s someone to keep an eye on. I'll be looking very carefully at his town meta, review his scum meta, and play this entire game for...well, the duration of this game. If he ends up being scummy, my random vote which I took off will become a serious vote.
Mastin (iso21) wrote:Again, I agree. They're the claim to at least keep an eye on. (Quite personally [although this opinion is influenced heavily by epicmafia], I believe in not letting Millers know they are millers in semi-open setups.) It's the perfect scum claim, which is why I will be keeping an eye on Khan.
Mastin (iso23) wrote:Which is why I will keep an eye on Khan.
Mastin (iso23) wrote:It's not like I'm advocating for his lynch. I'm stating how I will keep my eye on him, and how he's a suspect of mine.
Mastin (iso24) wrote:I'm keeping an eye on Khan. He's never going to leave my suspicion list because of this.
Mastin (iso24) wrote:Which is why Khan has my eye.
Mastin (iso24) wrote:RVS Shenanigans. I will keep an eye on Khan, but his claim isn't a scum tell. (Doesn't mean it's a town tell, though.)
Mastin (iso24) wrote:Khan was my RVS vote.
In reality, he's worthy of keeping an eye on,
Mastin (iso24) wrote:Khan's worthy of keeping an eye on. Not worthy of keeping a vote on.
Mastin (iso25) wrote:Oh, I don't think we should waste time debating it--I think we should, however, keep an eye on Khan for it.
Then nothing after iso25. Plus he also made many other various references to "eyes" early-to-mid game that haven't continued throughout the game.

My conclusion is that he's fake-claiming. He setup a broad breadcrumb, narrowed it to watcher for awhile before switching at the last minute to roleblocker. He also may have tried to breadcrumb tracker, but I didn't see anything to that effect. Unless Mastin can point out any breadcrumbs pre-iso49 that I missed, then he's scum.
Mufasa (860) wrote:okay haha I've looked through this game, and we are moving at a snails pace, never have I ever had to go all the way till a deadline to get a lynch. I have to say Mastins breadcrumming is good, but I just can't count him out yet. I'd get rid of him for just posting page long posts, haha if I could. I don't think Mafia will take care of mastin during the night either. I really think we should lynch him sooner than later, but I like the case on Mafiamann as well.
Hmm.. Bored and bloodthirsty. Signs of being a Serial Killer.
Mufasa (873) wrote:if you've ever played a game with me your should know that pressuring me is a waste of time.

This is never a pro-town comment.
Empking's Alt wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
Not really.
Yes really. What purpose is there for Mastin to check to see if my role explained "where I came from, how I got to Emerald City", except to check if he needs to craft his fakeclaim accordingly?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Zazier, what do you think of Mastin's claim and what KK has said above.

Also, the following people need to post something of substance: Empking, Lowell, dvdkid13, fallen angel, Faraday, Hayker, Namttam, Redith, roflcopter, and Kise.

I have a feeling some of the scum are all too happy to sit back right now.
YOUR AD HERE

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Kise »

I'm not really caught up. I've been skimming the pages these past few days.

When I do return, you can expect an epic WoT w/ good content. Mayhaps.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:12 am

Post by iamausername »

-=molestargazer replaces Redith=-

-=Kmd4390 replaces dvdkid13=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:17 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Now seeking a replacement for fallen angel, will be doing an activity check and sending out any necessary prods in a moment.=-

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”