That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

hasdgfas Post 199 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
Sotty7 Post 190 wrote:Well Has, that was the first time you mentioned me wasn't it? So what's your point there?
I basically asked this because it seemed to me that 99% of your post was putting suspicion on Image and then out of nowhere you try and hook myself and Forb in with him. I found it pretty strange. Especially considering you were equally as guilty as Image with the whole not mentioning me.
I'm not sure how suspicious of image I am right now. Mostly I'm just getting a weird feeling. Where do you get that I'm trying to hook you and f-light in with him? I mean, I asked what he thought of you two, but that's because I'm seriously curious. Plus, it can't hurt to have the info in the thread, can it?
No, I have no issue with Image commenting on anyone in the game, that's the whole point of this whole song and dance isn't it? Post 189 is you following up on a line of questioning that I myself started on Image. You wonder out loud about his motivations behind the post he made and end it with a IGMEOY. To me it was clear you found something suspicious or at least a bit strange about him. You even say he rubs you the wrong way.

Then you say he hasn't mentioned myself, Forb or Pesco and it felt like you were trying to forge a connection between us. Perhaps I am
too
paranoid, but that just rubbed me the wrong way considering you also haven't mentioned two of us. It read to me that you were adding to your suspicion of him because of this fact, or at least trying to shed a bad light on him.

It was just odd to me.
hasdgfas Post 199 wrote:Is it all right if I save my thoughts until after image has commented? I do have thoughts regarding her, but I don't want them in the thread just yet. Does that make sense?
Yup, makes sense. I can wait.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

sotty wrote:Then you say he hasn't mentioned myself, Forb or Pesco and it felt like you were trying to forge a connection between us. Perhaps I am too paranoid, but that just rubbed me the wrong way considering you also haven't mentioned two of us. It read to me that you were adding to your suspicion of him because of this fact, or at least trying to shed a bad light on him.

It was just odd to me.
That wasn't actually supposed to be adding to suspicion. I simply wanted more info in the thread. I thought that it had been obvious that the IGMEOY was the end of suspicions. Sorry
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:58 pm

Post by Empking »

Juls wrote:
Empking wrote:
Juls wrote:Role restriction doesn't indicate alignment but nice try.
I mentioned alignment when?
Do you think trying to fish people's alignment is scummy?
Are you trying to subtly imply that your role fishing was town-like?
It's very town-like. I am trying to determine if you are being a complete idiot, are active lurking, or post restricted. Right now I am leaning toward scum idiot.
Why didn't you answer the questions?
Why do you think rolefishing is a good thing?
Are you scum?
Do you think insults are good cases?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:30 am

Post by Juls »

Do I think alignment fishing is scummy? Um no...that is called scum hunting. When I asked about role restriction you said I was role-fishing. I was not. I was simply looking to see if you had a reason for being so short and useless.

Why do I think rolefishing is a good thing?...that is a misrep. I do not think rolefishing is a good thing and you trying to cast that on me seems to be a pathetic attempt to throw attention toward me.

Am I scum? No.

Do I think insults are good cases? My case on you is not about insults. It is about you being useless and therefore antitown. Now that I know you are antitown I am trying to figure out if you are scum.

So, I think as weak as these questions are that you have to be deflecting scum.

Unvote, vote Empking
-------------------------------------
Juls
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Empking doesn't have a post restriction. He's always like this. Haven't you ever played with him before? I have seen him make similarly useless/nonsensical comments as both town and scum. I would prefer him as a fallback lynch. Our battery power is going down pretty fast, so if we absolutely can't agree on some of the scummier people, then I say we go for empking. Otherwise, I think we have bigger fish to fry.

I would prefer a lynch of
1)Pesco
2)image
3)X

Pesco's outs someone at L-1 on page 4, and the psycholinguistics stuff is nonsense, and he refused the address my questions once and then disappeared. The VLA may be totally innocent, but the refusal to answer my questions and continue the convo still stands. Plus tried to set up that one or both of me and VP Baltar must be scum. Which is getting close to setting up lynches.

image for putting words in moriarty's mouth.

X for QFTing image putting words in moriarty's mouth and also answering sotty's question directed to image.

I am somewhat suspicious of Juls and how she seems to prefer lynching empking over pesco. First by voting empking over pesco when they both voted VP Baltar, and I think pesco's vote was worse. And now by returning to empking when nothing is resolved with pesco. (Although, I understand the impulse to keep challenging other players when pesco is VLA... we don't want to just twiddle our thumbs. So maybe that's what juls is doing.).

Anyway, I see a possible connection between image and X, and also a connection between pesco and juls. Also FL possible connection to pesco/juls, for similar reasons as I see juls with pesco. This is sort of unimportant until one of these people pops up scum. I don't present it as evidence against any of them, but just for later use if it becomes pertinent.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:43 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SHould be "Pesco puts someone at L-1 on page 4"
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:59 am

Post by image »

image wrote:
Moriarty147 wrote:Not sure if pesco is still the most scummy at the moment. Hascow and PP both need a re-investigation. Will post again when I've had some actual sleep.
"...But until then I'll just leave my vote on Pesco in case someone decides to hammer and I get to help a mislynch while distancing myself from the wagon a bit."
elvis_knits wrote:image for putting words in moriarty's mouth.
Would you have found it better if I had written something more along these lines?
not image wrote:
Moriarty147 wrote:Not sure if pesco is still the most scummy at the moment. Hascow and PP both need a re-investigation. Will post again when I've had some actual sleep.
If you are questioning pesco's scumminess, why are you leaving your vote on him? Are you hoping he'll wind up getting lynched, but simultaneously trying to distance yourself from the wagon?
This is the message I was trying to convey, although in a more sardonic manner. You will also note that Moriarty has yet to post his promised analysis.

hasdgfas wrote:Then he backs off of it, saying it's not a very strong point. Really? You seemed to be making it strong to me, by putting it in its own post.
IGMEOY

Also, image, anything to say about pesco, f-light, or Sotty? I don't think I've seen you mention them at all.
Merely because I did not have much else I felt worth saying at the time. You will note that it is unaccompanied by any of a Vote, a FoS, or even an IGMEOY.

I did not at first find Pesco suspicious for attacking both VP and Elvis. Of course, he subsequently fails at backing up his vote on elvis, eventually falling back on
gut
intuition. I would now place him somewhere between neutral and scum.
Fairly neutral read about FL. Mildly concerned that she refuses to take a side with respect to elvis/VP Baltar/pesco, and rather throws blanket suspicion on all of them, but this is (for the moment) an acceptable stance.
Mild pro-town read on Sotty.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Empking »

elvis_knits wrote:Empking doesn't have a post restriction. He's always like this. Haven't you ever played with him before? I have seen him make similarly useless/nonsensical comments as both town and scum. .
Names please.
Moriarty147
Moriarty147
Goon
Moriarty147
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Moriarty147 »

Finally had enough time to sit down, read through things and post.

First off, when I made my previous post, in no way did I claim to clear pesco47, in fact, I was still perfectly fine with him being the D1 lynch at that time and did not think he was now Likely Town. I merely stated that I thought there were better targets to pursue, and that I was going to properly expand on this (and move my vote, if PP/Hascow really *did* wind up being more likely to be scum than pesco after my latest reread and analysis.)

Finally, any scum trying to pull off a quickhammer
On Day 1
is a moron who will promptly get lynched the next day. Therefore I see very little danger in leaving people at L-2 on D1 for even extendend periods of time. Even if scum do coordinate a quickhammer it will almost certainly screw them over the very next day.

Anyway! First order of business is the image overreaction to my post. Personally, his immediate response to it seems a bit of a "Gotcha!" style thing and it does take a bit of reading into what I said to get that result. That being said, it is a plausible interpretation of what I said, combined with being a rather...weak argument (are you implying that it makes me scummy, for instance? If yes, why no ##Vote?), and furthermore Sotty7 brings up the point that...how do you know that it would necessarily be a mis-lynch?

Later post again brings up the point of a turbo-lynch of pesco, which, again, see my comment about a quickhammer of someone on Day Freaking One being completely freaking idiotic.

Granted, his later post does improve his opinions of him in my eye again. Going to put him under IGMEOY territory, but I doubt he's scum atm. Certainly not the ideal lynch target for today, in any order.

On the other hand, PP...

Post 114 states that you think that hascow was deliberately trying to bait the NK. To be honest, I actually had (and still have) this opinion, hence me being v. perplexed at his post earlier in the thread. What I don't like is how this is coupled with very blatant rolefishing that actually seems like a scum trying to figure out if he should NK hascow N1 after all, or not.

In post 126 we have the following phrase:
PaperPenguin wrote: 1.) Trying to place yourself in the mafia's shoes is what every townie should aspire to do.
I do agree with this, it's one of the main methods by which one can catch scum.

But then, you continue onwards to...
PaperPenguin wrote: Trying to look as town as possible though, is bordering on the mafia mindset. If I was mafia then that would be what I would do; I find it strange that you would look at even trying to predict mafia actions as scummy. Bad logic indeed, image.
The first part is just the Too Townie fallacy. There is no reason why a townie should ever look
deliberately scummy
, that is utter nonsense. Don't do that shit, ever. This is followed up with a classical Argumentum ad Hitlerum (If I was mafia, I would be trying to lynch people, therefore lynching people is bad and we should all vote no lynch every time!), and a statement which I actually do agree with, namely that trying to predict mafia actions is, while usually a pile of WIFOM, not inheritly scummy in and of itsself.

It's just so strange how everything is worded, though. It seems like a deliberate attempt to make image sound scummy.

In 163 he votes image for what he claims to be "potentially an OMGUS, but he wouldn't know". What does this even mean, really? Is it an OMGUS, or is it not one? Do you legitimately think that image is scum? And would it take so long to specify which post number is the one with your reasons for voting him? Seriously.

One thing worthy of note is that in Post #156 Sotty7 calls his vote on VPB a "random" vote, whereas he dispelled this claim when I asked him about it earlier. Is this just an issue of semantics here, Sotty7, or what? Furthermore, what's your opinion on VPB now.

Pesco is only concentrating on VPB/e_k again and not being v. clear on why they are scummy beyond "lol arguing" "lol scumteam" and a bit of psycholinguistics (which may be valid, but still). So what are your opinions on people
not
named "VP Baltar" or "elvis_knits", pesco?

I am curious why the blowfish has not done any analysis on some of today's main targets, like VPB/e_k, or pesco, or PP. I understand that you're busy, but I would definetly like to see more input from you about people not named Empking (no matter how f$%#$%$#ing hateful Empking is). Explicitly stating that you don't want to take sides is bad, because while they all
do
have scummy merits, it has the appearance that you're reluctant to say anything lest it potentially connect you to someone who may be on your scumteam.

Post 190 has Sotty7 making a good point about X and image, another instance of IGMEOY on image for me at this point, really.

As for hascow, I find his claim that Sotty7 is trying to be UTR rather laughable, I don't see this at all, in fact Sotty7 seems to be present quite often and seems to consistently make solid posts, at least so far (inb4 chainsaw defence). That being said, I can't see why Sotty7 went on hascow's case about trying to tie in our good friend the blowfish to image just based off a single line asking for more opinions. More interestingly, she mentions herself and f-light, but not pesco, despite all 3 being mentioned in the same line from hascow.

In 199, I am wondering why hascow would think that not posting an opinion about a player immediately is necessarily the right thing to do (in fact in almost all of the scenarios I keep thinking up, this is blatantly anti-town and the classic case of a mafian making sure his lies are consistent across posts), so I would definetly like an explanation from hascow on this point.

I somewhat dislike e_k defending me so strongly in post 204, but the points *are* valid so ultimately no complains there.

Finally, Empking, can you just go die, seriously. You're about to take the "most useless player" award from its current candidate in my mind, and this is not a good thing. Since it seems there are no vigs, I actually do support an Empking lynch on D1, as I really do not want him around in the game later.

The issue is that, we have bigger fish to fry right now. So here's the TL;DR version of my above post:
- Image is slightly weird in his post and definetly warrants close watching, but I don't think he's scummy just for it.
- PP has managed to do massive rolefishing, bizarre posts, inconsistent posts and seems to be perfectly happy with justifying his vote solely by means of an OMGUS. At this point,
##Unvote, ##Vote: PaperPenguin

- Pesco is still my second target for a lynch today. My reasons for this are largely the same as e_k's in 204.
- Strangely enough, my next most likely target for scum would be, actually, e_k. The way she's interacting with pesco makes it seem as she is trying to artificially push pesco's lynch. The issue is that this is just gut and doesn't have enough justification, but if I was to have a 1vig and be forced to use it right now, she would be my target.
- VPB, Sotty7 and Juls are all likely town at this point, though I want more input from Juls on people who are not named "Pesco47" or "Empking".
- hascow...needs to post more content. I can't seem to get a read on him at all right now too, which is worrying when combined with some of his weirdness (not the least of which is his softclaim).
- X seems to actually be doing a semi-decent job at skirting under the radar, and his QFT of image regarding my post is worrying (especially when coupled with the claim that he doesn't necessarily think that my post was scummy - yet image seems to be at least insinuating in that post that I was a possible scum due to it). Basically, he needs to post more and offer opinions on more people. I do want to hear what he thinks of me specifically, as well as why that post of mine could be considered scummy.
- Empking needs to go die in a fire.

Finally,
Vi wrote: ---Moriarty147 has been prodded off a cliff with his arch-nemesis.
You win for this. :P
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I am curious why the blowfish has not done any analysis on some of today's main targets, like VPB/e_k, or pesco, or PP. I understand that you're busy, but I would definetly like to see more input from you about people not named Empking (no matter how f$%#$%$#ing hateful Empking is). Explicitly stating that you don't want to take sides is bad, because while they all do have scummy merits, it has the appearance that you're reluctant to say anything lest it potentially connect you to someone who may be on your scumteam.
I personally thought it was quite obvious what I thought.

VP and e_k were pushing something in a way that wasn't precisely townlike. They eventually stopped. But the mutual "we're fighting, we can't be scum together" made things rather bad looking. I wouldn't vote them, because they are only slightly scummy, but they are on my radar.

Pesco, on the other hand, was making sense until she decided to say that she thinks there is only a small chance that both of them are scum...despite the fact she wants to lynch both.

I still think Empking is worse though.

Out of these four, I'd probably go with

Empking
Pesco
VP
e_k

for a vigging order if I could kill them all.

Now, let me throw this in the works for you. Paper Penguin would probably be second to Empking in people I'd like to lynch. As I believe has been said before, the rolefishing and too townie cases with the inconsistencies he's been exhibiting are pretty hard to ignore.

Fairly neutral read about FL. Mildly concerned that she refuses to take a side with respect to elvis/VP Baltar/pesco, and rather throws blanket suspicion on all of them, but this is (for the moment) an acceptable stance.
What I mean by not taking sides is that I don't think the dichotomy is such as one that forces you to do so. You can agree or disagree with all of them.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Moriarty wrote:In 199, I am wondering why hascow would think that not posting an opinion about a player immediately is necessarily the right thing to do (in fact in almost all of the scenarios I keep thinking up, this is blatantly anti-town and the classic case of a mafian making sure his lies are consistent across posts), so I would definetly like an explanation from hascow on this point.
Really? You can't see any reason for it? I find that extremely odd.

There's a really basic reason for it. I asked image before sotty asked me. I don't want him piggybacking off of my thoughts after I've gotten them out there. If I post my thoughts before letting the person I asked answer my question, that takes away the entire reason for the question in the first place.
Moriarty wrote:As for hascow, I find his claim that Sotty7 is trying to be UTR rather laughable, I don't see this at all, in fact Sotty7 seems to be present quite often and seems to consistently make solid posts, at least so far
(inb4 chainsaw defence).
Like I said earlier, she's not UTR as in never here. In fact, I agree with you that she's present often and is making good posts. I was trying to say that she's UTR as in her posts just seem to go by with no mention.

Re: Bolded: Why add this?

(preparing f-light thoughts)
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

f-light:

Her first 7 posts are nothing except a vote for Vi, explained by the fact she always votes the mod.

Then, in her post #7(not seventh post), she says what amounts to nothing about the VPB/e_k fight/argument.

Her next 3 posts have a good amount of content, and then in her post #10, she says that "she's been posting content for the most part", which I find pretty weird, seeing as how her first 7 posts had extremely minimal content.

Since then, she's been posting good amounts of content. I'm curious, however, as to why she's still voting Empking, when we're pretty close to dead battery, and she's the only one voting for him.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Her next 3 posts have a good amount of content, and then in her post #10, she says that "she's been posting content for the most part", which I find pretty weird, seeing as how her first 7 posts had extremely minimal content.
Nyeh, I must not have been paying attention :S

Since then, she's been posting good amounts of content. I'm curious, however, as to why she's still voting Empking, when we're pretty close to dead battery, and she's the only one voting for him.
Flexible deadlines make me stupid.

I prefer fixed dates.

I'd like a vote count before I consider switching.

I do want Empking lynched. If I can't get that, I'll support the PP wagon.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

hasdfgas wrote:Like I said earlier, she's not UTR as in never here. In fact, I agree with you that she's present often and is making good posts. I was trying to say that she's UTR as in her posts just seem to go by with no mention.
So, she's posting frequently and making good posts, but because people aren't following up on what she says you think there is the potential she could be scum?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

VP Baltar wrote:
hasdfgas wrote:Like I said earlier, she's not UTR as in never here. In fact, I agree with you that she's present often and is making good posts. I was trying to say that she's UTR as in her posts just seem to go by with no mention.
So, she's posting frequently and making good posts, but because people aren't following up on what she says you think there is the potential she could be scum?
Well, technically, everyone could be scum, but where did I say that I thought she was?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Scratch that. My bad memory was telling me that you brought up the UTR thing as saying she was slighly scummy for it. Looking back, I see that you were just stating your reason why you didn't mention her.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Vi »

---Flavor out of order due to time constraints---

Vote Count XI:
Not even a good tagline for being out of time comes to mind...

PaperPenguin (L-3) ~ image, X, Sotty7, Moriarty147

Pesco47 (L-4) ~
Moriarty147,
VP Baltar, elvis_knits, hasdgfas
Juls

VP Baltar (L-5) ~ Empking, Pesco47
Empking (L-5) ~ forbiddanlight, Juls
image (L-6) ~ PaperPenguin
Minimum (L-7)

[size=0]image 0 | e_knits 0 | Empking 0 | f-light 0 | hascow 0 PROD1 3 | Juls 0 | Pesco 3 PROD1 0 | Mo 0 PROD1 3 | P-Pengy 3 PROD1 0 | Sotty7 0 | VP Baltar 0 | X 1[/size]
---Pesco47 has been prodded with a sledgehammer.
---PaperPenguin has been prodded with a pair of scissors.

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||
(27%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by image »

How convenient. Just as we're getting near an activity-based deadline, the subjects of both wagons vanish, leaving us without enough information to make an informed lynch before said deadline... Not that this is necessarily scummy on either of their parts, but annoying for sure.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by image »

Bah, just realised that that is a false dichotomy. Posting when sleep-deprived is bad.

EBWOP:
"... without enough information to make an informed lynch
on either of the people most likely to be lynched before said deadline...
"
--The Doctor
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by Empking »

image wrote:How convenient. Just as we're getting near an activity-based deadline, the subjects of both wagons vanish, leaving us without enough information to make an informed lynch before said deadline... Not that this is necessarily scummy on either of their parts, but annoying for sure.
Personally, I consider it scummy.

unvote

Vote: PP
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:32 pm

Post by Pesco47 »

X 164 wrote:Pesco, please respond to this.

Are you suspicious of anyone else?
I think there's a misunderstanding by what was meant by 'small chance'. You guys have read it as 'unlikely to be scum', I thought I conveyed the meaning of 'unlikely to be scum together' because that was what the question asked.

PP is definitely a prime suspect now. The only thing I can probably add is that he's made very little association to VPB/e_k discussion (not much commenting or taking a stance).
e_k 165 wrote:1)I pointed out that VP originated the phrase "harmful to town" about cow. I repeated it in an effort to be precise. Does that change your view of my use of the phrase? Do you still think I was trying to brainwash the other players by repeating the phrase?

2)How can I be trying to make people think cow is harmful to town, if my questions are attacking the accuracy of the statement?

3)Can you link me to some outside material about this psycholinguist phenomenon you are describing?
1) I didn't see it as trying to be precise, but I'll concede that may have been your intention. But here, I'll ask why do you insist on calling my observation of you as 'brainwashing'?

2) 'IF', I didn't see that as your intention.

3) Link. These are the lecture notes I got for the semester. How you interpret them is up to you. I am not explaining psycholinguistics to you.
Sotty 166 wrote:The only link we have right now is that they were fighting at the start of the game. It's almost as if you have locked in on EK and VP and are refusing to look else where. What do you think about the rest of the players?
That's not the only link, and you've mentioned one yourself in that post. The interaction of others to them. I mentioned above that PP had steered clear of this for pretty much the entire game.
e_k 185 wrote:Also, I think image (and X) are being super harsh to moriarty for keeping a vote on pesco just because moriarty is not SURE pesco is the MOST scummy anymore. OBV moriarty still thinks pesco is scummy.

A slight waver in confidence doesn't seem like such a big deal.
Not a big deal when the person is voting with you, but it's a big deal with me? The only difference is that Moriarty hadn't named secondary targets.
hascow 191 wrote:You're very UTR. Plus, getting everyone to talk about everyone can only help in the long run. Actually, was that not in that post?
I'd say Juls is more UTR, in an unreadable kind of way. There's no dirt on her, but we wouldn't want her to start slacking just because nobody is noticing.

e_k 204 wrote:I would prefer a lynch of
1)Pesco
2)image
3)X

Pesco's outs someone at L-1 on page 4, and the psycholinguistics stuff is nonsense, and he refused the address my questions once and then disappeared. The VLA may be totally innocent, but the refusal to answer my questions and continue the convo still stands. Plus tried to set up that one or both of me and VP Baltar must be scum. Which is getting close to setting up lynches.

---------

Anyway, I see a possible connection between image and X, and also a connection between pesco and juls. Also FL possible connection to pesco/juls, for similar reasons as I see juls with pesco. This is sort of unimportant until one of these people pops up scum. I don't present it as evidence against any of them, but just for later use if it becomes pertinent.
Since when was page number any indication of game state? If Obvscum was found 20 posts into the game, then a hammer by post 30 is perfectly reasonable. You didn't wait for me to respond before discrediting my observation. The psycholinguistics point is a rationalisation of my instinct read on you. You get people that claim gut and don't back it up, I've claimed gut and explained why I think so.

You claimed I'm guilty of setting up lynches, you've just done the same yourself. I made no effort to hide that I had a lineup already nor am I going to deny it. Your connection of players covers just about everyone in the game, where is there any focus in such a blanket suspicion?
Moriarty wrote:I somewhat dislike e_k defending me so strongly in post 204, but the points *are* valid so ultimately no complains there.
Which points?
Mod wrote:---Pesco47 has been prodded with a sledgehammer.
I told you saturday OR sunday.

Summary/conclusions

VPB/cow on UTR: Juls is more UTR than Sotty, why no mention of her as I believe both names should have come up in cow's sieve. I am less suspect of VPB as of this exchange.
PP says nothing on VPB/e_k, and likewise, VPB and e_k seemed to have ignored PP.
Double standard in e_k's 204 and 185

Unvote

I am quite willing to L-1 or hammer PP if nobody else likes my
Vote e_k
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:22 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

I felt that I've made an omgus at that point because I was honestly getting irritated by his attacks, perhaps I should take a microscope to my posts next time, however my vote was certainly not without reason.

- I pointed out that his posts really meant quite nothing, it is backed up by his current lack of follow up. He was lurking in plain sight.

This was followed by this tasty tidbit.
He also tried to accuse Imagine of lurking right after he had posted.
Chainsaw defense, that's how this could possibly be percieved as a reason against me. There is kinship between scotty and Image.

-=-=-=-=-

I never said that a townie should deliberately act scummy, but rather a townie should be more open to taking risks and speaking his mind.

-=-=-=-=-

I keep my vote, however, and I shall warn you all now, that since we are so close to the deadline then my vote shall go to the one nearest to death right before the battery runs out. For the sake of self preservation. I am town, I know that any other death might be scum, but not my death.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Oh, and I am a miller, not that it matters at this point.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:23 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

If I've missed any queries directed towards me, then please post them directly after this. I must apologize for my current streak of laziness when it comes to reading posts, that's all I can do for now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

PaperPenguin wrote:Chainsaw defense, that's how this could possibly be percieved as a reason against me. There is kinship between scotty and Image.
You can't claim this if we have not alignment flips. I find this really irritating and it has been happening more often in my games recently. I find it more scummy to say this with no clue of alignments than to actually attack somebody's attacker.
PaperPenguin wrote:Oh, and I am a miller, not that it matters at this point.
Why would you not claim this immediately at the start of the game? This just looks like your way of avoiding an investigation if you survive the day.

Right now I am going to leave my vote on Pesco, but I am going to take some time to do a solid reread today and I might switch to PP. His play has been pretty scummy and that miller thing is just ridiculous at this point.

I also think we should try to come to some sort of a concensus today as to who to lynch so we will have time to assess that persons roleclaim. At best I would say we have 3 or 4 days until deadline.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

EBWOP: have not had any alignment flips.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”