Newbie game 806: Game over (the scums win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:58 pm

Post by somerand0mguy »

Hey everyone, whats up?
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:15 am

Post by somerand0mguy »

Hmmmm,my thoughts on random voting? Random voting is fun!!!!

Vote:somerand0mguy

Anyways seriously random voting is a good way to get discussions started,as long as it has SOME explanation and not just popping in and voting then popping out.

Unvote
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by somerand0mguy »

Yes!!! Another vote to my secret fantasy!!!
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:05 am

Post by somerand0mguy »

sigma wrote:
iPeanut wrote:
somerand0mguy wrote: Vote:somerand0mguy
You just want a piece of John's mom!

Vote: somerand0mguy
!

...I saw her first. :P
Wait a second, you "saw her first"... and yet you're voting for somerand0mguy instead of yourself...

What... exactly... did you see? :shock:
Shhhhhhh!!!!
Oh wait,on second thought you can have her
Vote:IPeanut
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by somerand0mguy »

iPeanut wrote:
sigma wrote:Wait a second, you "saw her first"... and yet you're voting for somerand0mguy instead of yourself...

What... exactly... did you see?
We're not technically lynching here, we're sending them to the hallway. Let's just say I'm not into S&M and leave it at that.
somerand0mguy wrote:Shhhhhhh!!!!
Oh wait,on second thought you can have her
Vote:IPeanut
Oh gawdz you're kidding. D: Nooooo!
spiritMSTR wrote: Well, for no particular reason other than to be different, I vote:Sigma
You nonconformist. ):<
No kidding you can have her.
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by somerand0mguy »

Ok RVS is over

unvote
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by somerand0mguy »

I have to go,but I'll tell you what I have to say after I shower and check out the situation some more
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by somerand0mguy »

Ok I've looked over everything and so far sigma seems a little quick to vote.
Maybe I had no explanation if I had randomly voted someone and be in contradiction in what I said second. Are you really vote in the second page for something I explained,and fast voting will get us nowhere except for a lynched townie. Unless we get really lucky and manage to catch us a mafia.

D3x seems kind of suspicious,but I have a feeling he just really doesnt like random voting. And for now I think hes a townie (not that I wont watch him).

SpiritMSTR,he seems kind of new.

Ipeanut, youre just mad because I showed you the truth about John's mom arent you? :twisted: Anyways on a more serious note, I think that toledo was simply trying to get discussion started and that its not completely his fault if he "Ignored another players wishes" because honestly how else are we going to get this game started?
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:57 am

Post by somerand0mguy »

Well honestly,I really dont have any suspects. Everyones just confused,and bewildered the first day. And everyone is voting on luck,untill someone slips up.
And I tend not to vote the first day for the simple fact that there is almost never a mafia lynched. I usually start getting suspects based on the lynching of a townie (which is near certain in all games) and start basing the the nightkill,and then see who would benefit the most from the nightkill and then compare it with the people who voted to lynch someone.
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:49 am

Post by somerand0mguy »

d3x wrote:So then do you intend to lurk throughout the entire first day, rand0m? You don't vote, you aren't posting, you're only saying anything when directly questioned. How do you plan to help the Town, assuming you are proTown? How do you suggest we play out the first day?
Well then do you want me to confuse everyone? Do you want me to randomly bandwagon? Do you want me to go crazy?

I know as a townie myself,I'd much rather stay in the back and be cautious then be in the front yelling at everyone. So the real question is how do YOU want me to play?
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by somerand0mguy »

My playstyle is that I wait until the second day to get evidence. And in the mean while I take notes and sit quietly in the back. Is that really scummy?
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by somerand0mguy »

HowardRoark wrote:@iPeanut: Yes, worthless was too strong of a word. Perhaps we'll agree that it's more effective after a scum flip.

@somerand0mguy: While in itself your waiting for D2 is not the scummiest thing you can do, it's not appreciated on this site. If you are gathering notes, why not ask some questions of the other players in order to expand your database?
Ok then,just give me a minute to read over my notes.

Vote count
(9 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)
(2) d3x - Zachrulez, HowardRoark
(1) iPeanut - Toledo88
(1) somerand0mguy - sigma
(1) HowardRoark - d3x

Not voting:
Dizzle, iPeanut, somerand0mguy, spiritMSTR

Deadline
: 16 July
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by somerand0mguy »

Ok I have two major suspects (but keep in mind that I am not completely sure,just kind of an educated hunch)

First suspect:D3X
Reasons why?:He seems to come off to strong and quite frankly I cant understand what he says completely,due to his large amount of quotes
Also he even knows he's creating a "fire"
Time to jump back in with some more fuel for the fire. Man I love to hear/see myself talk.
So he is either trying to get conversation started with lots of heat. Or he is a scum trying to get every confused (which hes done to me o.O)

Second suspect:SpiritMSTR
Reasons why?: He posts that im suspicious for not posting much,but then he doesnt come back even when blatantly asked a question. He has doesn't have enough content as me in this ONE post. And how come I'm the one being suspicious of lack of content when he obviously is acting kind of scummy?
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by somerand0mguy »

d3x wrote:@rand0m- I'm sorry if I'm confusing you, I'm not trying to. Innocent question- is English your primary language? It's not at all meant to be a dig at you, but some of your phrasing seems to be a bit off and you say you're not understanding me very well.

Regarding the quote you used in p101.
-The fire I was refering to is the flurry focused on my play. Pretty much each time I make a substantial post, there's a lot of activity centered on it. By posting more, I'm adding "more fuel to the fire".
-The "hear/see myself talk" thing is a mild dig at Dizzle. He said that in p91, and I read it as refering to me.
Yes it is,and so the feeling is mutual. We both just don't understand each other. And I like to wait untill the "fire" gets cold untill I put more "fuel" in the "fire".
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:39 am

Post by somerand0mguy »

Toledo88 wrote:would reveal the most info.
My playstyle is that I wait until the second day to get evidence. And in the mean while I take notes and sit quietly in the back. Is that really scummy?
It's certainly more scummy than it is towny. Everyone else can only get a better read on you if you participate from Day 1. Also, it sounds like an excuse for lurking.
I hope that you realize getting a better read goes both way,townies try to figure out mafia and mafia try to find power roles,and dangerous townies. I already know i'm a townie so why can't I get a better read on everyone.Last time I checked an active mafia is more dangerous than a lurking mafia.
somer wrote:Ok I have two major suspects (but keep in mind that I am not completely sure,just kind of an
educated hunch
)
How can you not be sure about your own thoughts?

Also, Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans! :D
d3x wrote:Kool. With that down, I have a few questions for you.

In p53, you said that you thought I was a townie.
In your next post {p89}, you said you don't have any suspects.
Not too much later in p101, you say that I'm your top suspect.

What changed in between these posts? Why have I gone from a townie to your top suspect in such a short amount of time?
So you're telling me that I cant gain suspects? Besides I never said I still dont think you arent a townie,I just think that I'm going watch you closer to get a better "read".
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by somerand0mguy »

d3x wrote:And a happy 4th to you and others, too! :D

@rand0m-
I'm not saying you can't gain suspects, I'm
very
clearly asking why. If you don't share how you came to your conclusions, we have no way of proving you as a Townie {lurking doesn't provide us with information and that doesn't help the Town}. If you have no problems with me thinking your Scum, just let me know now.
You come off as bold,and you started to inspect everyone as soon as you got here,I was actually pretty surprised we got to page two when the RVS was over. You do seem a little bossy,but I can see thats just part of your personality no flames meant. You go after toledo for using the RVS.
Rashilul wrote:
Vote:d3x
his bossiness makes him seem scummy. Either that or he's just a control-freak townie.
Now this is where I vote,since I can see everyone is watching my back to become active. I'm sorry Rashilul that is not a very good vote,and I was already suspicious of the person you replaced so....

Vote:Rashilul
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:04 am

Post by somerand0mguy »

JamesBond wrote:
somerand0mguy wrote:I'm sorry Rashilul that is not a very good vote,and I was already suspicious of the person you replaced so....

The Rashilul vote could be fair, he WAS playing like an idiot.

But the question i am asking is: Why the fuck were you suspicious about the guy who he replaced? He posted ONCE.

Explain yourself.
You're kidding right? If you can have a short temper,so can I. Why dont you fucking look through the posts and you might find out? And I was going to unvote,but you just made me even more suspicious.
sigma wrote:HowardRoark is suspicious. I don't have anything to add to d3x and Zachrulez' notes on him: suffice it to say I agree with their reasons for finding him scummy. I can provide more detail if someone wants, but I think that'll do for now.

srg has been my vote for a while now, and I still think he's the best place for my vote by a long shot, for two reasons. (Post numbers are for srg's posts only, you can get these numbers by selecting "all posts from some rand0m guy" at the bottom of the topic.)

1) Inconsistency:

p8:
srg wrote: Well honestly,I really dont have any suspects. Everyones just confused,and bewildered the first day. And everyone is voting on luck,untill someone slips up.
And I tend not to vote the first day for the simple fact that there is almost never a mafia lynched. I usually start getting suspects based on the lynching of a townie (which is near certain in all games) and start basing the the nightkill,and then see who would benefit the most from the nightkill and then compare it with the people who voted to lynch someone.
He says that he tends not to vote on the first day, and advocates a lurk-on-day-1 strategy.

Then, in p12:
Second suspect:SpiritMSTR
Reasons why?: He posts that im suspicious for not posting much,but then he doesnt come back even when blatantly asked a question. He has doesn't have enough content as me in this ONE post. And how come I'm the one being suspicious of lack of content when he obviously is acting kind of scummy?
He's suspicious of SpiritMSTR for: lurking on day 1. Hrm.

p15:
Now this is where I vote,since I can see everyone is watching my back to become active. I'm sorry Rashilul that is not a very good vote,and I was already suspicious of the person you replaced so....
Oy. So much for tending not to vote on the first day.

The initial reason I voted for srg was that he removed his random vote despite saying earlier that it would generate discussion. This is inconsistent. He has also been inconsistent about his voting strategy, and his attitude towards lurking seems to me markedly different between when he does it and when Spirit did it.

2) Trying to blend in with other players when he does post.

He even says that this is his strategy in p9:
I know as a townie myself,I'd much rather stay in the back and be cautious then be in the front yelling at everyone.
More alarming is p15, which I've already mentioned. He basically said that one of the primary reasons for his vote was that "everyone is watching my back to become active." I'd say that the equivalent meaning here is that he's voting to become less conspicuous to other posters. This is scummy.

@somerand0mguy:
Why vote for Rashilul when you've previously stated that you "tend not to vote on Day 1?" Your three primary reasons for the vote that you mentioned in your post were:

1: Everyone is watching your back to become active.
2: You were suspicious of SpiritMSTR.
3: Rashilul's vote for d3x was poor quality.

3 is a decent reason, but voting to appear more "active" is just not a good reason to vote. Do you have any explanation as to this being a good reason to vote somebody?

As for reason 2:
Why were you suspicious of Spirit for lurking? Or in different words, why were you suspicious of him for doing the exact same thing that you advocated as your day 1 strategy?

Your reasons, taken together, don't seem to be strong enough to outweigh your stated tendency to "not vote the first day."
You're kidding right? You ask me not to lurk,then when I do input my vote then you want to lynch me for it?
somerand0mguy
somerand0mguy
Townie
somerand0mguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:05 am

Post by somerand0mguy »

@Jamesbond OMGUS anyone?

@everyone else,Go head and lynch me, you ask me to play then when I do input my advice you turn it around and try to lynch me for it. Im never coming back to this site,youre just retards

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”