Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

So, to summerise (again, I don't know if everyone in the game is reading these mega-posts):

-Mastin was trying to claim that "Yos killed Kore before Kore was attacking me." This is completly untrue; Kore really wasn't attacking me. Go back and look at her posts for yourself.

-Mastin was also trying to claim that I picked Iamusername out of the blue to mention that he hasn't posted for a while, when "lots of other people were just as bad". Again, this is false; at the time I posted that, Iamusername was the only person who hadn't posted for a while, so I asked for him to post more. He then claims that somehow this, or the fact that Iamusername agrees with me that Matin is scummy, proves there's a link between me and Iamusername, which is just absurd.

Frankly, I honestly doubt even Mastin believes these arguments.

Also, despite that whole huge wall of text where he kept repeating the same two wrong things over and and over again, he completly failed to respond to some key points for why I thought he was scummy (I guess he knew he was wrong and I was right there?) Specifically, the whole way he was threatening to attack me "if I attacked him", the way he was trying to claim that "you can't use meta to attack me", and some other comments like this one:
5: This is my true playstyle, which I have now unleashed upon you thanks to your encouragement. Don't like it?
Then don't attack me.
Basically, he's trying to punish people for attacking him. He's trying to make it seem like attacking him is somehow fundimentally off-limits, and that if anyone does attack him, he'll go after them, attack them with his "true playstyle" to punish them.

The whole thing is just incredibly scummy. He didn't attack anyone all game, and basically is mostly inactive for most of the game. Then when attacked for lurking, he suddenly goes hyper-active, attacking only the people who are attacking him. He even makes clear that he's attacking people just because they're attacking him, and that he wouldn't be playing like this if he wasn't being attacked.

Mastin is either scum, or he's playing a really, really poor game as town. I think he's scum.

The only thing that gives me any doubt is that I think Mastin really didn't know scum could daytalk; then again, looking at the scum role PM's in the second post, none of them say the scum could daytalk; in fact, they specfically say you can talk to your partner at night, so the scum probably didn't know they could daytalk either.

Actually...now that I notice that, Mastin's whole reaction, where he kept asking the mod "CAN SCUM DAYTALK?", trying to prove me wrong, and then was stunned to find out they could, actually makes sense coming from a scum.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Yosarian2 Post 290 wrote:Especally after the strong arguments OMGL made yesterday linking Kore to Khamisa, it seems pretty obvious why Kore was killed.
Strong arguments? If I remember right you weren't buying the idea Kore was scum yesterday.
Yosarian2 Post 190 wrote:OGML, why is is that you ALWAYS think I'm scum?

Anyway, I agree with you about Khamisa and tarballs are both looking scummy, and I'd be willing to go along with a lynch on either one. Kore, I don't really see the case on her.
Iaaun Post 292 wrote:Me showing utter disdain for CJMiller is not 'unnecessary' or an 'overreaction', because CJMiller FUCKING SUCKS. I hope he gets EATEN BY A SHARK.

I joined this game in the 11th slot out of 12 because I thought it had a really good player list. Then goddamn CJMiller took the last slot. That pissed me off. Then he claims, making it clear that the mafia gods have deigned to give the only power role town has to the world's greatest fuckwit. I think my irritation is understandable, in the circumstances.

The first post was definitely not unnecessary, because I know from experience that if CJMiller is not cajoled into playing the game, CJMiller WILL NOT play the game.

My "overreaction" stems from some very small and probably futile hope that CJMiller is actually capable of learning. If I am able to get across to him that claiming seer for no reason in an open game where it is known that no other power roles exist is really, really dumb, perhaps others will not have to deal with that stupidity in the future. It was not an overreaction, because any lesser reaction would certainly have no hope of getting that message through that neanderthall skull into the mushy peas that he calls a brain. It was the necessary amount of reaction.

(Here is my previous experience of CJMiller, FYI. He sucks and I am never going to play another game with him. If he signs up for a game I have I already signed up for, I will politely ask the mod to decline him entry because he sucks, and if the mod does not do so, I will drop out of the game myself.)
I completely and totally agree, backup and endorse everything said here. Times a million.

Okay, I have finally read though the back and forth and this is where I stand. I hate Mastin's play style soooo much. I hate the whole “I would never do this as scum!!” argument that centers around the Kore kill. Considering this is a game with two scum teams, you would think that the wolves would be trying to figure who the mafia are and killing them to give them a better chance of winning. It's WIFOM and nothing we can trust. I hate the whole attacking of the attackers BS, I hate the justification of posting in this manner by telling people never to suspect him. I find a lot of what he posts as defense to be pretty damn scummy.

As far as I am concerned this takes away from his creditability when it comes to people listening to his cases. From time to time I could see what he was trying to say about Yos, but then either Yos would come back with some logical explanation or Mastin would say something else that is complete crazy and I would be back to square one.

Mastin can you just list all the things you find scummy about Yos? Just a bullet point list so I can look back and see if I do agree with you or not. Your huge posts make hard for me to look back and see for myself without losing my train of thought/will/desire to finish your post.

This would be really helpful.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sotty7 wrote:
Yosarian2 Post 290 wrote:Especally after the strong arguments OMGL made yesterday linking Kore to Khamisa, it seems pretty obvious why Kore was killed.
Strong arguments? If I remember right you weren't buying the idea Kore was scum yesterday.
Yosarian2 Post 190 wrote:OGML, why is is that you ALWAYS think I'm scum?

Anyway, I agree with you about Khamisa and tarballs are both looking scummy, and I'd be willing to go along with a lynch on either one. Kore, I don't really see the case on her.
OGML's "strong argument" for a link between Khamisa and Kore was actually in response to that post of mine, Sotty.
OGML post 191 wrote: Anyway, Kore is mostly on the list for defending Kham by way of attacking Wulfy, which is the classic and very useful Chainsaw Defense. I would not be willing to lynch Kore before Kham is dead and confirmed as some flavor of scum.
I don't usually follow up on possible links like that until I know the alignment of one of the people involved, but I think that it's a pretty strong argument against Kore once you know Kham's alignmennt, and if Kore had been alive today I had been intending to follow up on it.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Mastin »

Right, so, I'm going to be a bit busy. I spent a whole day on this game alone. It'll probably take another day or two to respond to the rest of Yos2's posts and those after it, but I've got other games to attend to.

(Don't like it?
Live with it.
I gave a good, solid post just a while ago, and believe everything I said, there. It will have to suffice for now, as I've got other games to attend to. I put more attention to games where I'm the leading bandwagon [especially as town], but I can't simply ignore my others.)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Mastin »

<--Still busy.

Just something I have to say, if someone drops the hammer:

The fact that I've been at L-1 for DAYS proves that BOTH the werewolves already voted me, meaning of

Yos2
OGML,
and Iamausername,

Two are werewolves. (Wulfy doesn't count; Wulfy's the mafia member.)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by Mastin »

By the way, Yos2, a few links for convenience:

Even some of the best players on this site slip.

Of course, newbies do it just as often.

Which is why I DEFINITELY think this was a slip from you, Yos2.

True purpose of this post is to explain to you your status:

Screwed.
You're screwed if you lynch me, screwed if you don't.

If you lynch me, I flip town. People will realize EVERYTHING I said was legit. You pushing for my lynch based off of BS reasons (A meta I shot full of holes, "aggressive explosive play", etc.) and the slips I pointed out will fall under heavy scrutiny. You're lynched in lylo, your buddy (Iamausername) dies the next day.

If you don't, then I turn the tables around and lynch you. Iamausername nk's me, Iamausername is lynched the next day, the town deals with Wulfy, the mafia member, after that.

(If I am lynched, then I will break the rules of the Bah posts if anyone but Yos2 is lynched. It'll be one, four-letter word which I will make in a large font size, perhaps bolded, italicized, and underlined. Take a guess at which. ;))
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Mastin »

Blasted typos.
1: Forgot to mention--still busy. (Trying to figure something out in real life which I don't understand.)

2:
What Mastin SHOULD have wrote:(If I am lynched today, then I will break the rules of the Bah posts by posting a second time if anyone but Yos2 is lynched tomorrow. It'll be one, four-letter word which I will make in a large font size, perhaps bolded, italicized, and underlined. Take a guess at which. ;))
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastin wrote:<--Still busy.

Just something I have to say, if someone drops the hammer:

The fact that I've been at L-1 for DAYS proves that BOTH the werewolves already voted me, meaning of

Yos2
OGML,
and Iamausername,

Two are werewolves. (Wulfy doesn't count; Wulfy's the mafia member.)
Three problems with this.

1. Iamusername and OGML both look town.

2. That would only make sense if we were in lynch or lose, which we're not.

3. That would only make sense if you were town, which you're probably not.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

You can post all the links you want, dude. I just proved your entire argument wrong, like, 3 posts ago. I asked Iamusername to post, because he was the only person in the entire game who had not posted recerntly. Your claim otherwise was completly untrue.

Also, for like the ten billionth time, you apparently don't know what the word "slip" means in a mafia context.

I really don't get why you seem complelty incapable of seeing the truth here, Mastin.

Say, hypothetically, you are town, there is a player in a game you are playing, and you think he's town, but he hasn't posted in a while. Everyone else in the game has. Wouldn't you make a post like this?
Yosarian2 wrote:On a side note, we have't heard from Iamasusername in a while. I have pretty good vibes from him, though.
What I said, in that post, was exactally the right thing for me, as a pro-town person, to say in that point in time. I didn't suspect Iamusername, and therefore didn't want to attack him or start a bandwagon on him or anything, but I did want to hear more from him.

Again, you seem unwilling to consider the simplest, obvious, and true answer, and instead invent elaborate conspiricy theories based on nothing (and you actually had to invent untrue facts in order to support them) just becuase you want to claim I'm scum, and you want to claim I'm scum just because I'm attacking you. That's either a pretty standard scum ploy, or really piss-poor town play. So, again, I have to wonder if you're scum, or if you're just a really bad player.
True purpose of this post is to explain to you your status:

Screwed.
You're screwed if you lynch me, screwed if you don't.
Actually, I already helped lynch a mafia, and I'm pretty sure you're a warewolf, so once I lynch you I'm in good shape.
If you lynch me, I flip town. People will realize EVERYTHING I said was legit.
Dude, I've already proven that nothing you've said is legit. If you are town, you should have realized that by now, unless you're so caught up in your own arguments you've stopped caring about facts.
You pushing for my lynch based off of BS reasons (A meta I shot full of holes, "aggressive explosive play", etc.)
Um...I don't believe I've ever attacked anyone for agressive play in a mafia game, and I certanly never attacked you for being agressvie (or "agressive explosive" or whatever you're talking about). Again, you're still just blatently making stuff up. Which, at least, is consistant.
(If I am lynched, then I will break the rules of the Bah posts if anyone but Yos2 is lynched. It'll be one, four-letter word which I will make in a large font size, perhaps bolded, italicized, and underlined. Take a guess at which. ;))
Well, I tell you, if you pulled a stunt like that in a game I was modding, delibratly breaking the rules and stating your intent to do so before hand, I would blacklist you from all my games for life. Just saying.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Wulfy »

Okay. So let's do this very simply because I am tired.
One:
Mastin has failed to convince me of anything except he, much like Zwetchenwasser and Empking, is a special kind of stupid.

Two:
If Mastin and Yos2 are scum together, I will change my avatar to whatever either of them would want for a year. If a pair of wolves (As 2/3 mafia are dead) could actually do this, I will have, for the first time, actually feel completely and utterly outclassed.

Three:
I'm slightly more comfortable with a Mastin lynch than a Yos2 lynch, BUT the serious issue, in my opinion, is that I haven't a clue how to do this mathematically. I realize that two a decent extent, both of them are scummy. I'd estimate at least 40%. I am going to presume that, at the very least, they are not scum together. I have decided that OGML (I believe) and Mastin are probably the last two wolves trying to lynch who they think the last mafia is. I think, therefore, that Yos2's scumminess is a reason Mastin would attack him. It could be I just don't know Yos2's playing style. But basing off what the other says, Mastin and Yos2 heavily suspect each other, and while some of each's reasons are complete bullshit, each raises very valid points on the other.

I am able to go for a Mastin lynch, and he is who I support today. I think that, if he flips wolf, OGML is a very viable partner. If Mastin isn't wolf, than Yos2 is a possible next in line... but since i can't connect him to anybody, I can't see Yos2 as wolf....

Gah... maybe a lurker like Caboose...?

Thoughts anyone on possible wolf team? And don't forget the last mafia! Keep him on the back burner!
w:l:d
2:3:0
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:40 pm

Post by Datadanne »

Yay, cellphone posting ftw! :D

Homecomputer edit: Hey, It really works! :)
Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

As most of you probably already know, I will be V/LA for the beach bash, and will be leaving later this evening.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Ugh game stall.

Can we get some prods on caboose and OGML please? Even a vote count would be nice...
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by iamausername »

Sotty7 wrote:Ugh game stall.
I think everyone's waiting for Mastin to say it's OK to hammer him.

Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by iamausername »

Maybe I should have put strikethrough tags on "Mastin to say it's OK to hammer him". I'm not sure the point is clear enough as is.

Ah well.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

This whole debate is boring me. Mastin is scum, lets kill him.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by Datadanne »

2 - Tarballs (Caboose and Sotty7)
4 - Mastin (Iamausername, Yosarian2 and Wulfy)
1 - Yosarian2 (Mastin)

Not voting:
Tarballs

5 to lynch.

Mastin is at ly-1.

Prodding Caboose.
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Tarballs »

Yosarian2 wrote:Pro-tip, Mastin: Lying about what people have said dosn't work in forum mafia.
Next time you're scum,
I would avoid it.
I'm not liking the bolded part very much. Based on my limited experience, only scum use that line.
Wulfy wrote:I am able to go for a Mastin lynch, and he is who I support today.
I think we can all figure that from the fact that you're currently on his wagon. Also, why do you believe OGML to be the second wolf?
Wulfy wrote:If Mastin isn't wolf, than Yos2 is a possible next in line... but since i can't connect him to anybody, I can't see Yos2 as wolf....
That is a good point.

Mastin, if you have any final words that we need to hear, now would be the time to talk. Or have you given up?
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Mastin »

<--Is about to have an internet failure.

I'm loading both pages 12 and 13 to work on this game offline. I'll build up my defense of my actions, and further attack Yos2, with Iamausername as his buddy. (Seriously, people, get the message:

I don't care what's said. When you're in a game and a pro-town player is at L-1 for DAYS with people expressing a willingness to hammer, BOTH the scum are ALREADY on the bandwagon:
Yos2,
Iamausername,
and OGML.

Yos2's my #1, with Iamausername as his buddy. OGML is also a possibility, and I haven't ruled out what I saw as suspicious play from him.)

We're still a while from deadline; hammering a pro-town player before they build their case-->Mistake.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Wulfy »

Tarballs wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Pro-tip, Mastin: Lying about what people have said dosn't work in forum mafia.
Next time you're scum,
I would avoid it.
I'm not liking the bolded part very much. Based on my limited experience, only scum use that line.
Wulfy wrote:I am able to go for a Mastin lynch, and he is who I support today.
I think we can all figure that from the fact that you're currently on his wagon. Also, why do you believe OGML to be the second wolf?
Wulfy wrote:If Mastin isn't wolf, than Yos2 is a possible next in line... but since i can't connect him to anybody, I can't see Yos2 as wolf....
That is a good point.

Mastin, if you have any final words that we need to hear, now would be the time to talk. Or have you given up?
I realize this next point is post hoc but he just accused OGML of being scum with his wolf team suspicions (Yos2 and IAUN) despite claiming I am a mafia member for days. Does this not strike you as odd?

I mentioned earlier similarities between Mastin's play and OGML's play.

I think I'm ready to draw this conclusion:
Mastin-Wolf
OGML-wolf
Yos2-mafia
w:l:d
2:3:0
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by iamausername »

I just realised that Mastin keeps stalling by saying "we're still a while from deadline", but I can't actually find any mention of a deadline anywhere in the mod's posts.
iamausername wrote:I think everyone's waiting for
Mastin to say it's OK to hammer him.

^ even more accurate than I thought.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Post by Datadanne »

I suggest we all take a moment of silence, For thy newly deceased king of pop.

Rest in peace.

On June 25, 2009, Michael Jackson reportedly collapsed at a rented home in Holmby Hills in Los Angeles. After he collapsed, Jackson's personal physician, who was with him at the time, attempted to resuscitate him.

Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics responded to a 911 call at 12:21 pm (PST) and arrived nine minutes later. Jackson was reportedly not breathing and CPR was quickly performed.

Resuscitation efforts continued both en route to the UCLA Medical Center, and after arrival at approximately 1:14 pm (20:14 UTC), for a further hour.

He fell into a coma and died shortly after arrival.

The cause of death is as yet unknown, but he was noted to be already in cardiac arrest by the paramedics who attended him.

Jackson was pronounced dead at about 2:26 pm local time.
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:07 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Mastin Post 318 wrote:<--Is about to have an internet failure.

I'm loading both pages 12 and 13 to work on this game offline. I'll build up my defense of my actions, and further attack Yos2, with Iamausername as his buddy. (Seriously, people, get the message:

I don't care what's said. When you're in a game and a pro-town player is at L-1 for DAYS with people expressing a willingness to hammer, BOTH the scum are ALREADY on the bandwagon:
Yos2,
Iamausername,
and OGML.

Yos2's my #1, with Iamausername as his buddy. OGML is also a possibility, and I haven't ruled out what I saw as suspicious play from him.)

We're still a while from deadline; hammering a pro-town player before they build their case-->Mistake.
No. Just no.

It's nothing but excuses with you it seems. You held up this game for days and now you want us to wait even more? You ignored my call for a simple easy to follow case on Yos and you seem to be doing nothing but stalling the game.

Enough is enough, it's time for a change.

Vote: Mastin
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Datadanne »

Coughcoughqueercoughcough.
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Sotty7 »

:roll:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”