Mini 811: Foggy Londontown Mafia - Over!

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Hero764 »

dank wrote:If that's so, why have you spent the last two pages arguing about its interpretation?
That's not what we were arguing about, and if it came up its because
you
brought it up.

Vote Count Four

Hero_764: 4 (dank, qwints, nadroj15, kikuchiyo)
kikuchiyo: 2 (Hero764, Tenchi)
iamausername: 1 (Neferenom)
dank: 1 (iamausername)
Tenchi: 1 (Far_Cry)
nadroj15: 1 (Mokina)
Far_Cry: 1 (Lowell)

Not Voting: 1 (Wiirdo)

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:27 am

Post by dank »

Alright, I brought up my interpretation of it.

If you don't care, and "it means jack shit what you interpret it as", why have you argued in every post that i'm wrong?
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Hero764 »

If you don't care, and "it means jack shit what you interpret it as", why have you argued in every post that i'm wrong?
I haven't. And I said that in reference to kiku, who for some reasons thinks that my case on her has to do with my interpretation of his initial statement(which I never gave), which didn't matter at all at that point.
Show

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hero: You have a case on me? I didn't notice. I am at odds with you because you are choosing to interpret in a lenient fashion. This is not a noob forum. I am not grandstanding on a "FC Lied!" platform. I am pointing out the ambiguity of his statements and your "friendly" interpretation. Why are you so adamant about defending FC? Do you think he is incapable of defending himself? My issue with him is not "horrible logic". I have shown that to be the case with my "theorem" post. There are different ways to interpret his statements.

qwints:
qwints wrote:This seem like a call to quick lynch to me.
If thats how you choose to interpret it that's fine, but you are ignoring the key word "or". I am perfectly happy lynching Hero for his behavior and if the votes piled on I would be fine with that. "Quicklynching" isn't something I can do alone and its not what I have suggested. There are an almost infinite number of reasons the wagon could derail. Calling a "quicklynch" preemptively is poor scumhunting.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Hero764 »

I am not grandstanding on a "FC Lied!" platform.
kikuchiyo wrote:FC: lying about your amount of experience is scummy,
=/.
I am at odds with you because you are choosing to interpret in a lenient fashion.
Yep, just keep ignoring everything I say. I never interpretted anything, his posts didn't contradict he each other. He wasn't 'lying'. Accept it already.

I'm sure he can defend himself, this isn't about me wanting to defend. Why do you keep going back to that same damn point about me "defending" him. Pointing out what he said is not defending him in the slightest.
Show

Wiirdo
Wiirdo
Townie
Wiirdo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Wiirdo »

Kiku: I have no idea if masons are in, because this is my first mini game, but I would have thought that they wouldn't be in over half the games.

He could just claim mason and lie anyway.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:19 am

Post by qwints »

@Kiku, I think it was scummy to say "let's lynch hero now or at least make him claim" because it was premature. There's no need to argue about the semantics of it. I just don't like the fact that you're so eager to get a claim so early.

@Wiirdo, masons can definitely appear in normals. They aren't unusual.

@Hero, "pointing out what he said" is anti-town when what he said can have scummy implications. Let him give the reasonable explanation. Doing it for him is anti-town. If people continue to press him after he gives a reasonable explanation, you can attack them for being unreasonable/opportunistic.
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Mokina »

kikuchiyo wrote:I am not grandstanding on a "FC Lied!" platform. I am pointing out the ambiguity of his statements and your "friendly" interpretation. Why are you so adamant about defending FC? Do you think he is incapable of defending himself?
Hero's trying to defend
himself
at this point. He has been trying to justify the initial attack on you, which was a perfectly valid argument. I see nothing wrong with objecting to a vote based on semantics. I can only conclude that you have been fabricating a case against Hero because he attacked you.

Newbies might do that, but you seem to be confident of yourself.

Experienced protowns don't make counter-cases. They know that legitimate players can make errors in judgement, nay,
need
to if they want to win. If you were part of the town, I suspect you'd behave similarly. Scum, on the other hand, always know what they're doing - they're killing off protown threats in a convenient manner, and they start with the ones who notice their weak arguments right off the bat.
kikuchiyo wrote:My side. I think it's time to lynch Hero.
You want a roleclaim from him? It's not even L-1 yet, but you're slavering at the thought of having him claim a role that might reveal some kind of masonic connection. If you aren't part of the masonry and you're actually protown, you
don't
ask for that information. It's in the interests of the mafia to have someone rolefish for masons, and you're either being a complete antitown tool or you're obvscum.
kikuchiyo wrote:Well, one. If you are masons, please claim. If not, its time to swing. Or at least get Hero to L-1 or L-2 and have him claim. His behavior is ridiculous."
What's ridiculous is the rolefishing in the above post, and it looks as if you'd be fine with a quicklynch too. I am not standing for this.

Unvote, Vote: kikuchiyo
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Neferenom
Neferenom
Townie
Neferenom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Neferenom »

Mokina wrote:Rvs does not end when you feel like it.
Likewise. Just because one or even two people suddenly have (or think they have) real reasons doesn't mean everyone leaves RVS at that moment. In some games the first issue that takes some out of RVS becomes moot and it starts over or continues while some are arguing like us. Speaking of RVS,
unvote
since that was to push us out of RVS and we definitely are there now.

I'm not assuming we're very smart either however I doubt that not one person would say, "hey wait a minute here" and remove their vote. I don't see that happening but I suppose it could.

Hero,
Hero wrote:Explain how not having an opinion is scummy =/. Looks like you're just attacking the easiest target tbh.
First, considering Mokina and I had two completely different view points and were basically calling each other scummy to not have an opinion on that or anything else in the game is scummy because it means you have nothing to put forth. I can't currently explain it my brain is a bit fried. If you don't understand maybe someone else can explain if they agree.

Second, um no, I am/will attack everyone. Its D1 got to get info. You just happen to jump up as the easy target during this. I don't like how you've repeated this later on in your posts either. Its a scare tactic that will most liekly backfire.

Hero could you please put in the names of who you are quoting? I found it hard to realize when you weren't talking to me anymore at first lol.

I'm confused as well about FC's post saying first time player then saying he had complteded ten games... It being the RVS isn't a reason to missrepresent one's self though it does happen. I see "first time player" and "completed ten games" as complete opposites. *Just adding my opinion on that*
Heor wrote:What are you trying to do, make it look like you have more arguments against me by using a horrible analogy? His statements weren't anything like the apples and oranges one.
I think they were similar considering 50% of everyone here has a different opinion than you.

Have you thought that maybe FC hasn't been defending himself well or at all because you've been saying that FC never lied?

Lowell... Can you explain why you love D1 mason claims? The way you state that sounds... Like you're ready to lynch them.

----------

As of right now I'm not persuaded to cast another vote. I have a lot of thoughts forming and I will have more questions and probably more text as soon as I can. I'm sorry this is my first mini game or game other than newb. Not pulling a n00b card just saying I didn't know it would be so active. I'll try to dedicated more time to the thread.

apologies.
Some things you lose and some things you just give away.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hero wrote:Yep, just keep ignoring everything I say. I never interpretted anything, his posts didn't contradict he each other. He wasn't 'lying'. Accept it already.
I never said nor implied that the statements "contradicted" each other. I am arguing that his first post, regardless of the information contained in the second post,
may have been an attempt at a lie
. You simply discount the possibility. Why? Why do you
trust
Far_Cry?
wiirdo wrote:He could just claim mason and lie anyway.
The only person he could lie about being masons with would be his hypothetical scum partner. Another reason why a day 1 mason claim is a benefit to town. i.e. If he is found out to be lying, he has to also implicate a scum buddy.

Mokina:
Mokina wrote:Hero's trying to defend himself at this point. He has been trying to justify the initial attack on you, which was a perfectly valid argument. I see nothing wrong with objecting to a vote based on semantics. I can only conclude that you have been fabricating a case against Hero because he attacked you.
You have done a complete 180 here. He is attacking me and calling my argument "false logic"(my words not his), yet you agreed earlier with my case on FC. What gives?
Mokina wrote:I went back to look at Far_Cry's post ... seems as if we each read it differently the first time. I thought it was referring to Lowell's absence, whereas you thought there was a second reason. Misunderstanding, sorry to pin a semantic attack on you.

FC hasn't actually resolved whether or not there's an additional reason besides Lowell's absence, but he should. The point about the scumvenience of said vote was good call; duly noted.
How can my logic be flawed if you completely agree with my original point?

How is my case fabricated? I have pointed out TWO DISTINCT INSTANCES OF HERO INTERPRETING POSTS IN A CHARITABLE FASHION. Nothing more. I have made no other accusations.
Mokina wrote:Experienced protowns don't make counter-cases.
They know that legitimate players can make errors in judgement, nay, need to if they want to win.
If you were part of the town, I suspect you'd behave similarly.
Scum, on the other hand, always know what they're doing - they're killing off protown threats in a convenient manner, and they start with the ones who notice their weak arguments right off the bat

So why do you interpret my asking for Hero to be lynched as "scummy"? Couldn't it just be a "legitimate player" making an "error in judgement"?

How do you know that Hero is a "pro-town threat"?
Mokina wrote:It's in the interests of the mafia to have someone rolefish for masons, and you're either being a complete antitown tool or you're obvscum.
I disagree entirely with this point. Masons are of particular trouble for scum. Masons are the only players who can generally "confirm" each other without a mislynch, nk, or night action. The whole "you can talk to each other at night" pales in comparison to their ability to "clear" townies without sacrificing numbers. Masons claiming early is almost never a bad move and I have already detailed my reasons for asking Hero.
Mokina wrote:If you aren't part of the masonry and you're actually protown, you don't ask for that information.
Why not? Hypothetically, If I were masons with Tenchi, and Hero claimed to be masons with FC, then I would bank on the fact that Hero was lying and would push for his lynch. If he was lying then we'd have his scum partner as well. What's the problem with that?

Funny how you insult my intelligence while posting ignorant drivel.

Tenchi: You have been camping your vote on me since RVS. Care to elaborate?
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Ebwop: I read this wrong:
Mokina wrote:If you aren't part of the masonry and you're actually protown, you don't ask for that information.
I thought it said "are part of the masonry". Not "aren't". However, the point still stands. I have no problem at all with a day 1 mason claim when one or both parties are under serious pressure or in danger of being lynched. Would I ask them to claim out of the blue? No.

Also this:
kiku wrote:How do you know that Hero is a "pro-town threat"?
is in response to you implying that I am "scum... killing off pro-town threats." Just to be clear.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Hero764 »

I'll get to the rest later, just have to deal with this new piece of work from kiku:
kikuchiyo wrote:I never said nor implied that the statements "contradicted" each other. I am arguing that his first post, regardless of the information contained in the second post, may have been an attempt at a lie. You simply discount the possibility. Why? Why do you trust Far_Cry?
I want you to read very closely, and if you post this same thing one more time I'm not even going to bother replying.

It. doesn't. matter. if. he. attempted. to. lie. or. not. I never said anything about whether or not he was attempting, so how the hell could I have discounted(although he must be pretty stupid if he later admitted to lying when no one challenged his claim, but that's beside the point).

The point of the matter is that you posted saying he lied about his experience. Since you keep bringing up how it "may" have been, why were you before so sure that he lied about it? And more importantly, why did you say his posts contradicted each other when they clearly didn't. No interpretation needed there, just read the damn quotes.

You are bringing irrelevant things into this to try and strengthen your case. I honestly can't see any reason for a townie to do that.
Show

dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by dank »

V/LA till monday. Possibly a post over the weekend, but I should be caught up by mon.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hero764 wrote:

It. doesn't. matter. if. he. attempted. to. lie. or. not.
So its okay if someone lies?
Hero wrote:The point of the matter is that you posted saying he lied about his experience. Since you keep bringing up how it "may" have been, why were you before so sure that he lied about it?
I wasn't sure. My initial interpretation of his post read as him lieing. Him lieing is a possibility. Always has been. You still seem to be avoiding the question of
WHY DO YOU TRUST WHAT HE IS SAYING
WHEN ONE OF HIS FIRST POSTS COULD EASILY BE CONSTRUED AS AN ATTEMPT TO MISREPRESENT HIMSELF TO THE COMMUNITY?
Hero wrote: And more importantly, why did you say his posts contradicted each other when they clearly didn't.
I NEVER DID.

Have you no comments on anything else? What do you think of Mokina's recent flip flop?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote hero
. He's getting too angry and too meta for my taste.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Hero764 »

kikuchiyo wrote:So its okay if someone lies?
Everyone loves a good strawman!
I wasn't sure. My initial interpretation of his post read as him lieing. Him lieing is a possibility. Always has been. You still seem to be avoiding the question of
WHY DO YOU TRUST WHAT HE IS SAYING
WHEN ONE OF HIS FIRST POSTS COULD EASILY BE CONSTRUED AS AN ATTEMPT TO MISREPRESENT HIMSELF TO THE COMMUNITY?

I never, ever, ever, said anything about trusting FC. All I did was point out that he did not indeed lie. Like I said, whether or not he was attempting to misrep himself in the first post is 100% irrelevant to any of this. This isn't about FC, this is about you.
I NEVER DID.
lol ok.

So then what were you doing here:
kikuchiyo wrote:^^ Good point. In fact, Mokina said Hero was doing good scumhunting this game. Has anyone seen it?

FC: lying about your amount of experience is scummy, especially when you use your dishonesty to cast suspicion on someone else.

Vote: Far_Cry
Please explain what you hope to accomplish for town by deceit in the rvs.
Post 97.
Have you no comments on anything else? What do you think of Mokina's recent flip flop?
Mokina's flip flop? I can't see where she ever agreed with your case in the first place so....either quote it for me or quit making up stuff.
Lowell wrote: unvote, vote hero. He's getting too angry and too meta for my taste.
...what? If you think
I'm
being too angry, what the hell do you think of kiku's last post? And I'm not sure what you mean about too meta, and how it's scummy, but I'm at L-2 now, so using poor reasoning in your vote is very anti-town.
FoS: Lowell

Nef:
Nefernom wrote:First, considering Mokina and I had two completely different view points and were basically calling each other scummy to not have an opinion on that or anything else in the game is scummy because it means you have nothing to put forth. I can't currently explain it my brain is a bit fried. If you don't understand maybe someone else can explain if they agree.
Yeah that didn't make much sense at all. Just because you two had opposing viewpoints doesn't make one of you scum, townie vs. townie debates happen all the time.
Second, um no, I am/will attack everyone. Its D1 got to get info. You just happen to jump up as the easy target during this. I don't like how you've repeated this later on in your posts either. Its a scare tactic that will most liekly backfire.
It isn't a scare tactic, I just didn't know what else to call it.

And I'll start putting in the names, yeah.
I think they were similar considering 50% of everyone here has a different opinion than you.
What..? Because people don't share my opinion somehow the nature of the statement is changed?
Show

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:19 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hero should be lynched. He has again ignored arguments. I detailed Mokina's flip with quotes and this was his response:
Hero wrote:Mokina's flip flop? I can't see where she ever agreed with your case in the first place so....either quote it for me or quit making up stuff.
Hero read post 159. You are not this stupid.

He accuses me of claiming some sort of "contradiction" accusation when I never used the word. For some reason he seems to think I am pushing the fact that FC lied, when the fact is I am pushing the question of "if it is agreed that FC may have attempted to lie, why is Hero giving him the benefit of the doubt?" Hero has STILL NOT ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE.

I initially accused FC of lieing. The fact that he says "I didn't", doesn't change the fact that his original statement was ambiguous, nor does it squash the possibility that his initial statement was an attempt at misrepping himself.

One more time:

Hero, why do you simply choose to believe and trust FC? Why would you not let him defend himself?

Here's Mokina's agreement with me on my original point. AGAIN.
mokina wrote:I went back to look at Far_Cry's post ... seems as if we each read it differently the first time. I thought it was referring to Lowell's absence, whereas you thought there was a second reason. Misunderstanding, sorry to pin a semantic attack on you.

FC hasn't actually resolved whether or not there's an additional reason besides Lowell's absence, but he should. The point about the scumvenience of said vote was good call; duly noted.
Can you see it?
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Hero764 »

Oh, for the Lowell thing you meant? I thought we were talking about the experience thing, sorry for the confusion.

Anyways, it looks to me like Mokina is saying that your case about FC lying was wrong, and she never agreed with that, as far as I can see. Did she ever say anything about the wrongness(for lack of a better word) of your case about FC's comment towards Lowell? If not, I don't see a flip flop.

Lying and contradiction go hand in hand, you think he lied in his first post, because his second post contradicts that. They don't. I don't care what you are pushing now, before you were clearly trying to push that FC was lying, which was 100% false. Why is it so hard for you to accept this?
Hero, why do you simply choose to believe and trust FC? Why would you not let him defend himself?
OH MY GOD.

This has nothing to do with FC. I never said anything about believing and trusting him, quit putting words into my mouth.

And what do you have to say about Lowell's comment? That has to be one of the scummiest posts all game, and you just ignore it?
Show

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:01 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hero764 wrote:
Lying and contradiction go hand in hand, you think he lied in his first post, because his second post contradicts that. They don't. I don't care what you are pushing now, before you were clearly trying to push that FC was lying, which was 100% false. Why is it so hard for you to accept this?
Whether FC was lieing or not is not 100% anything. That's my point here. He made an ambiguous statement that could easily be interpreted as deceitful.
Hero wrote:
OH MY GOD.

This has nothing to do with FC. I never said anything about believing and trusting him, quit putting words into my mouth.
If you don't believe him then why are you insisting that he is 100% clear?
Hero wrote:And what do you have to say about Lowell's comment? That has to be one of the scummiest posts all game, and you just ignore it?
Not ignoring it. I actually agree with you here. Lowell just put you at L-2 I believe. He can explain this action for himself.

unvote

Hero: if you are a mason please claim so. I am not "clearing" you of suspicion here, but I am not sure what we are arguing about any more. it seems that we are both pushing separate issues that don't necessarily conflict with each other.

Mokina and Lowell are both parasites to this argument at the moment and I would like to here more from them.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Hero764 »

Whether FC was lieing or not is not 100% anything. That's my point here. He made an ambiguous statement that could easily be interpreted as deceitful.
But that isn't what you said initially. You looked at both his posts and came to the conclusion that he was lying, and then used this against him, which is incredibly scummy because it was false reasoning.
If you don't believe him then why are you insisting that he is 100% clear
Hmm? It isn't a matter of how clear he was, it's that he did not lie when you said he did. That's all I'm saying. He could very well have been attempting a lie in his first post, but none of that matters.

And I know exactly what I've been arguing, you just keep ignoring it/getting the wrong idea of it. So my vote is staying.

And yes I would like to hear more from especially Lowell. I still don't see the flip flop of Mokina you are referring to.
Show

Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Mokina »

kikuchiyo wrote:Mokina and Lowell are both parasites to this argument at the moment and I would like to here more from them.
Apart from the numerous stated points, sure.
How is my case fabricated? I have pointed out TWO DISTINCT INSTANCES OF HERO INTERPRETING POSTS IN A CHARITABLE FASHION. Nothing more. I have made no other accusations.
You seem pretty anxious to have the town believe Hero truly trusted Far Cry. Why would that make sense for scum? Do you think FC's a scumpartner? I am voting for you precisely because you have made no other accusations. You're voting on a weak case with no plausible antitown evidence, and your latest quicklynch adventure makes me think you know that he's the one you want to lynch anyway.

There are two possible scenarios. If you started the game with information that Hero is antitown, let us know. Otherwise, I will continue to assume that you are the scum, starting the game knowing damn well that he's town.
I wrote:I went back to look at Far_Cry's post ... seems as if we each read it differently the first time. I thought it was referring to Lowell's absence, whereas you thought there was a second reason. Misunderstanding, sorry to pin a semantic attack on you.

I am merely acknowledging that you may have been reading it differently and was prepared to let the poor reasoning slide. We had two different interpretations of an ambiguous statement and I called for FC's clarification.

When he did not clarify, you continued to attack him for it using a purely semantic argument ...
assuming
that you were right and I was wrong. You were determined to find something wrong with him in particular. That would almost make me suspect some kind of investigative power role, except that we haven't had a night phase yet.

To put it simply, I suspect you know his identity and are part of an informed minority.

I do not place any trust in FC's statements, but the point you chose to pursue was weak, flimsy, and trivial. You voted for him based on it, then unvoted when there was a clear town current against it. At the moment, you look like the most opportunistic player here and my vote stands.
kikuchiyo wrote:I thought it said "are part of the masonry". Not "aren't". However, the point still stands. I have no problem at all with a day 1 mason claim when one or both parties are under serious pressure or in danger of being lynched.
Would I ask them to claim out of the blue?
No.
Well, one. If you are masons, please claim. If not, its time to swing.
Or at least get Hero to L-1 or L-2 and have him claim
. His behavior is ridiculous.
In the above posts, as soon as you suspect Hero is a mason or other linked role, you ask him to claim or die. If this isn't out of the blue, I don't know what is.

People are already starting to bandwagon (see Lowell, who didn't really explain his vote) thanks to your post. In the scenario you're hoping for, if this wagon hits L-1 and he and another mason claim, the scum will be very happy to have two confirmed roles.

Tenchi, any thoughts? Good-friend-I-probably-alienated-earlier Nom? We need a dialogue that isn't just me, Hero, and kiku bickering.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Far_Cry »

To tell the truth, this argument between kiku and hero is just about pointless. U guys ar goin back and forth with no end in sight (well u guys at least finally agreed to somethin.)

To tell the truth, I still find Lowell throughly suspicious, but I'm gonna keep my vote on Tenchi until she finally defends herself.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:20 am

Post by qwints »

Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote hero
. He's getting too angry and too meta for my taste.
As others have pointed out, this is not an acceptable post to put someone at L-2.

I really don't like Hero v. Kiku right now. Both come off as really scummy to me.

I was mad at Hero for providing an explanation for fc's apparent contradiction, not for being skeptical of the case against fc. (As I've said something like 5 times now) Kiku screaming about Hero's gullibility and/or knowledge of fc's alignment is wrongheaded. I still think Hero's play has been anti-town, but I don't think Kiku is doing much better. There's too much heat and not enough light to pick a side.

Lowell has contributed virtually nothing and his last vote was crazy scummy.
unvote, vote Lowell
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by iamausername »

kikuchiyo wrote:If you don't believe him then why are you insisting that he is 100% clear?
what.

kikuchiyo, this is infinitely more of a misrepresentation of Hero's words than him saying that you said FC contradicted himself.

You most certainly did say that, repeatedly, even if you never actually used the word "contradiction". Hero has at no point suggested anything other than "FC did not lie", which is completely true. He certainly hasn't "insisted that FC is 100% clear".

Trying to get a roleclaim out of Hero based on this ridiculous wagon is scummy as hell and easily pushes kiku above dank.

Unvote, Vote: kikuchiyo
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

No misrep here. Asking for a mason claim in a situation where one player is inexplicably defending another and one of those players has a viable wagon is simply not scummy. The claim would clear them both which only benefits town.

You need to catch up, iam. Please show where I said FC's statements were a "contradiction". My concern with FC was first on his ambiguous statement regarding Lowell, and secondly on the ambiguity of his statement regarding his leve of experience. I don't know whether or not his statements contradicted each other because I don't know what he was trying to accomplish with his first statement. My issue with Hero is the fact that he seems to be willing to give FC the benefit of the doubt in that particular situation. Given that FC has shown a propensity for making ambiguous statements (yes, two is a propensity imo), I don't see any pro town reason for Hero to give FC the benefit of the doubt(aside from being masons). Hero is assigning FC 0% liability in this argument. That could be interpreted as clearing FC 100% of liability in this argument, hence my statement.
Mokina wrote:You seem pretty anxious to have the town believe Hero truly trusted Far Cry. Why would that make sense for scum? Do you think FC's a scumpartner? I am voting for you precisely because you have made no other accusations. You're voting on a weak case with no plausible antitown evidence, and your latest quicklynch adventure makes me think you know that he's the one you want to lynch anyway.
What "quicklynch adventure"? If Hero is scum and knows FC is town then he has motivation to defend him. i.e. if the FC wagon gained steam and was then lynched and flipped town, scumHero would be looked at as protown. I can't speculate on whether or not they are scum partners because Hero's defense could be seen both ways. To wit, I have pointed out again and again that I find Hero's behavior in giving FC the benefit of the doubt to be "anti-town". Plausible evidence imo.
Mokina wrote:There are two possible scenarios. If you started the game with information that Hero is antitown, let us know. Otherwise, I will continue to assume that you are the scum, starting the game knowing damn well that he's town.
You don't think Hero and I could be scum together? I believe you may be pushing a false dichotomy here. The only way you can assume that I am scum because I know he is town, is if you know he is town which means that you are scum. Brilliant. Do you know that Hero is town?
Mokina wrote:When he did not clarify, you continued to attack him for it using a purely semantic argument ... assuming that you were right and I was wrong. You were determined to find something wrong with him in particular. That would almost make me suspect some kind of investigative power role, except that we haven't had a night phase yet.
Mine is not a "semantic" argument. Also, I did not continue my attack on FC. I shifted to Hero.
Mokina wrote:To put it simply, I suspect you know his identity and are part of an informed minority.
Where exactly have I shown that I have knowledge of anyones identity? Please provide evidence when you make an accusation.
Mokina wrote:I do not place any trust in FC's statements, but the point you chose to pursue was weak, flimsy, and trivial. You voted for him based on it, then unvoted when there was a clear town current against it. At the moment, you look like the most opportunistic player here and my vote stands.
Please show evidence of this "town current". As far as I can tell, I am the one making the biggest waves.
Mokina wrote:In the above posts, as soon as you suspect Hero is a mason or other linked role,
you ask him to claim or die.
If this isn't out of the blue, I don't know what is.

Bolded is the extremely scummy misrep. I asked him to claim. There is no other "linked" role to my knowledge besides masons. If Hero is masons with FC then claiming is the pro town thing to do. It halts the attack and "clears" two townies.
Mokina wrote:People are already starting to bandwagon (see Lowell, who didn't really explain his vote) thanks to your post. In the scenario you're hoping for, if this wagon hits L-1 and he and another mason claim, the scum will be very happy to have two confirmed roles.
A) I have unvoted.

B) Why would scum be "happy" to have two confirmed roles? Two "confirmed townies" on day 1 effectively reduces our lynch pool, and increases our chances of hitting scum WITHOUT SACRIFICING ANYONE.

You are either stupid or scum. < Not a false dichotomy. You have shown a serious lack of understanding for how the game of mafia works.
Hero wrote: He could very well have been attempting a lie in his first post, but none of that matters.
No, at this point it doesn't matter because I haven't been arguing for FC scum for quite some time.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”