Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I would like you to explain, Pesco, how I am "flinging whatever sticks to cow"? Does it seem to you like I would back his lynch?

Also, how certain are you that either EK or I are scum? If one of us was lynched and flipped down would that make you more assured the other was scum? Why or why not?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I notice Pesco did not respond to my post 138.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

EBWOP: should say "flipped town" above
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:23 am

Post by X »

Pesco47 wrote:
@Pesco: Do you think it likely that elvis and VP Baltar are scum together? Or merely that at least one of them is scum? Why do you find VP Baltar more likely scum than elvis?
I see a small chance of them both being scum, very likely for one to be at least.
Actually, I sort of agree with this, although I find it unlikely for EK to be scum without VP Baltar. But with your conclusion, why do you want to lynch one and then the other? Isn't there a much better chance that they are scum with others?
forbiddanlight wrote:Why would I vote pesco? People still haven't really given me a good reason.
Well, my best reason would be if he thinks two people are both scum when it is extremely unlikely for them both to be scum. And/or ignoring other players.
PaperPenguin wrote:Presenting a likely guess on what the scum would do isn't always scummy.
Okay, I can see that. But saying an absolute from a mafia perspective such as, "You have gained the attention of the mafia, and have set yourself for a kill," is a scumtell.
PaperPenguin wrote:
Empking wrote:
That doesn't mean you can get away with not giving reasons.
Pot...kettle...black...
Err... charcoal calling the pot who is calling the....
So you're saying I'm not giving reasons? Did you read my entire post? Would you like me to clarify anything?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:36 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Unvote, Vote: PaperPenguin

Sotty7 Post 133 wrote:
PaperPenguin Post 115 wrote:You've just softclaimed - and softclaiming on the first day, where the mafia can't isolate roles just yet, is just begging for a kill. Thus, you are low hanging fruit.
What do you mean by “isolate roles”?
X Post 153 wrote:
PaperPenguin wrote:
Empking wrote:
That doesn't mean you can get away with not giving reasons.
Pot...kettle...black...
Err... charcoal calling the pot who is calling the....
So you're saying I'm not giving reasons? Did you read my entire post? Would you like me to clarify anything?
I think he is trying to look like he is adding content without actually adding content.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:00 am

Post by X »

Sotty, that alone is a bad vote. Elaborate.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Pretty clear. He didn't answer my question and he is accusing other players of not posting content when he seems just as guilty of that himself. He also tried to accuse Imagine of lurking right after he had posted.

Basically I am trying to use my vote to engage him and judge him better. I'm not completely sold on the pesco case, FL answered my question and Juls is back so PaperPenguin is my pick for now. Better than my random vote on VP.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I see a small chance of them both being scum, very likely for one to be at least. VPB's approach has been textbook-scummy (flinging whatever sticks to cow and rolefish), while e_k's been a more intuitive one to me.
And, at this point we get a bit of backtracking. I thought you saw FoS' as intent to lynch. So, while there is a small chance they both are scum, you'd be willing to lynch both? I was under the impression you saw them both as scum. e_k slightly less than VP
Well, my best reason would be if he thinks two people are both scum when it is extremely unlikely for them both to be scum. And/or ignoring other players.
Why is it so unlikely for them both to be scum? no one has adequetly explained it. The fact that both of them got up in arms about the suggestion did not rather reassure me.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Pesco47 »

VPB wrote:I would like you to explain, Pesco, how I am "flinging whatever sticks to cow"? Does it seem to you like I would back his lynch?

Also, how certain are you that either EK or I are scum? If one of us was lynched and flipped down would that make you more assured the other was scum? Why or why not?
Your stance has changed since then, the consensus is to not lynch cow and you'd obviously look bad if you pressed it. It doesn't remove the fact that you did want to lynch him in the beginning.

I'm as certain as you are about your suspects. If one of you flip town, there are no assurances since anything can happen at night. My assumptions are subject to change once we've seen more info.
e_k wrote:I notice Pesco did not respond to my post 138.
I didn't see a question worth responding to.
X wrote:Actually, I sort of agree with this, although I find it unlikely for EK to be scum without VP Baltar. But with your conclusion, why do you want to lynch one and then the other? Isn't there a much better chance that they are scum with others?
Two players alone wouldn't make a scumteam if we were to go by standard distributions. But these two players are where we're going to find links.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Pesco wrote:It doesn't remove the fact that you did want to lynch him in the beginning.
I never said I wanted him lynched as far as I recall. And in fact, once he answered my questions I pulled off of him immediately. I would like you to quote me where I wanted him lynched.
Pesco wrote:I'm as certain as you are about your suspects. If one of you flip town, there are no assurances since anything can happen at night. My assumptions are subject to change once we've seen more info.
Pesco wrote:Two players alone wouldn't make a scumteam if we were to go by standard distributions. But these two players are where we're going to find links
These quotes don't agree for me. In the first one you are saying that if one of us was lynched and came up town your "assumptions are subject to change", but then you are saying that Ek and I are "where we're going to find links".

Once again, you appear to be trying to have it both ways simultaneously.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Vi »

One Voice...
Singing in the darkness...
All it takes is One Voice...
Singing so they hear what's on your mind,
And when you look around you'll find there's more than
One Voice...

Vote Count VII:
And that One Voice would never be alone

Pesco47 (L-3) ~ Moriarty147, VP Baltar, elvis_knits, hasdgfas

PaperPenguin (L-4) ~ image, X, Sotty7
VP Baltar (L-5) ~
Sotty7,
Empking, Pesco47
Empking (L-5) ~ Juls, forbiddanlight
X (L-6) ~ PaperPenguin
Minimum (L-7)

[size=0]image 0 | e_knits 0 | Empking 1 | f-light 0 | hascow 2 | Juls 0 | Pesco 0 | Mo 2 | P-Pengy 0 | Sotty7 0 | VP Baltar 0 | X 0[/size]
Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(60%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:17 pm

Post by PaperPenguin »

Not lurking exactly but his points are totally ridiculous that he might as well be. I'll post most later, I'm a bit busy right now.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by PaperPenguin »

Sotty7 wrote:Pretty clear. He didn't answer my question and he is accusing other players of not posting content when he seems just as guilty of that himself. He also tried to accuse Imagine of lurking right after he had posted.

Basically I am trying to use my vote to engage him and judge him better. I'm not completely sold on the pesco case, FL answered my question and Juls is back so PaperPenguin is my pick for now. Better than my random vote on VP.
Let's see now.
- I reinforced the idea of that roleclaim early on, and suggested the mafia's possible response
- "Oh, for even openly suggesting that you are thinking like the mafia, then you must be" Had i actually "slipped" then this might actually be worth something. Maybe. But as it is, it is an argument out of thing air. Plenty of visibility but with little meaning. Lurking in plain sight.
- Someone just took at a chainsaw to defend imagine.

I'll look for the question you say I ignored later on, but for now, yeah bye.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 pm

Post by PaperPenguin »

Sorry for chaining posts.
Vote: image

It might be omgus, but I wouldn't know. My reasons are at top ---^
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:22 am

Post by X »

forbiddanlight wrote:
X wrote:Well, my best reason would be if he thinks two people are both scum when it is extremely unlikely for them both to be scum. And/or ignoring other players.
Why is it so unlikely for them both to be scum? no one has adequetly explained it. The fact that both of them got up in arms about the suggestion did not rather reassure me.
Because they're attacking each other. It doesn't rule out the possibility, and I have the same opinion as your second sentence.
forbiddanlight wrote:
Pesco47 wrote:I see a small chance of them both being scum, very likely for one to be at least. VPB's approach has been textbook-scummy (flinging whatever sticks to cow and rolefish), while e_k's been a more intuitive one to me.
And, at this point we get a bit of backtracking. I thought you saw FoS' as intent to lynch. So, while there is a small chance they both are scum, you'd be willing to lynch both? I was under the impression you saw them both as scum. e_k slightly less than VP
Pesco, please respond to this.
Pesco47 wrote:
X wrote:Actually, I sort of agree with this, although I find it unlikely for EK to be scum without VP Baltar. But with your conclusion, why do you want to lynch one and then the other? Isn't there a much better chance that they are scum with others?
Two players alone wouldn't make a scumteam if we were to go by standard distributions. But these two players are where we're going to find links.
Are you suspicious of anyone else?
Vi wrote:
One Voice...
Singing in the darkness...
All it takes is One Voice...
Singing so they hear what's on your mind,
And when you look around you'll find there's more than
One Voice...
Love that song. My chorus does an arrangement where it starts with a solo, then becomes a quartet, then half of the chorus joins, then the full chorus. It's pretty awesome.

PP, have you been reading my posts?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Pesco47 wrote:
e_k wrote:I notice Pesco did not respond to my post 138.
I didn't see a question worth responding to.
Let's see if you find these worthy of a response:

1)I pointed out that VP originated the phrase "harmful to town" about cow. I repeated it in an effort to be precise. Does that change your view of my use of the phrase? Do you still think I was trying to brainwash the other players by repeating the phrase?

2)How can I be trying to make people think cow is harmful to town, if my questions are attacking the accuracy of the statement?

3)Can you link me to some outside material about this psycholinguist phenomenon you are describing?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Pesco47 Post 158 wrote:
There is something about this reply that sits awkwardly with me. The only link we have right now is that they were fighting at the start of the game. It's almost as if you have locked in on EK and VP and are refusing to look else where. What do you think about the rest of the players?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Juls »

Sotty7 wrote:
Pesco47 Post 158 wrote:
There is something about this reply that sits awkwardly with me. The only link we have right now is that they were fighting at the start of the game. It's almost as if you have locked in on EK and VP and are refusing to look else where. What do you think about the rest of the players?
This. I could parrot it but it says exactly what I am thinking.

Unvote. Vote: Pesco (L-2)
still
FoS: Empking
-------------------------------------
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Vi »

Well, I'm hot-blooded! Check it and see
'Got a fever of a hundred and three

Vote Count VIII:
You don't have to read my mind

Pesco47 (L-2) ~
Moriarty147,
VP Baltar, elvis_knits,
hasdgfas,
Juls

PaperPenguin (L-4) ~ image, X, Sotty7
VP Baltar (L-5) ~ Empking, Pesco47
Empking (L-6) ~
Juls,
forbiddanlight
image (L-6) ~ PaperPenguin
X (L-7) ~
PaperPenguin

Minimum (L-7)

[size=0]image 1 | e_knits 0 | Empking 2 | f-light 1 | hascow 3 PROD1 0 | Juls 0 | Pesco 1 | Mo 3 PROD1 0 | P-Pengy 0 | Sotty7 0 | VP Baltar 1 | X 0[/size]
---Moriarty147 has been prodded off a cliff with his arch-nemesis.
---The cow has also been prodded; the next time he'll be branded.

--We are seven days into this Day. Activity on average
meets
my (high) standard!

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(50%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Because they're attacking each other. It doesn't rule out the possibility, and I have the same opinion as your second sentence.
Just because two people attack each other practically means nothing. As I said, I played a game where me and my scumbuddy had a horrible fight D1. The other guy got lynched D2. I won in endgame.

I don't write people off for fighting, ever
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Empking, are you even in this game?

Have you said anything all day?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Empking »

hasdgfas wrote:Empking, are you even in this game?

Yes & Yes.

You?
Moriarty147
Moriarty147
Goon
Moriarty147
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:53 am

Post by Moriarty147 »

Yay, I've been up for 40 hours and not really in a state to do proper mafia analysis so there may be some minor errors in this post. First off, what I'm wondering is...Empking has been universally horrible and done nothing at all this game (seriously Empking do everyone a favour and go jump off a bridge or something. Or ask for replacement at least.), hascow has actually created the same amount of
content
as him, once you exclude the early D1 spat with VP Baltar over the night action, which is quite worrying.

PP also does not do anything to endear himself to me at the moment. Hate basically all of his arguments. Hate his explanation for what he was trying to say in his post of "let's have the mafia kill the low-hanging fruit" and how it turned into essentially a crap post of Here Are A Bunch Of Hateful Roles, hascow was likely one of them because of a really bad attempt at using deduction!

Not sure if pesco is still the most scummy at the moment. Hascow and PP both need a re-investigation. Will post again when I've had some actual sleep.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by image »

Moriarty147 wrote:Not sure if pesco is still the most scummy at the moment. Hascow and PP both need a re-investigation. Will post again when I've had some actual sleep.
"...But until then I'll just leave my vote on Pesco in case someone decides to hammer and I get to help a mislynch while distancing myself from the wagon a bit."
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Juls »

Empking wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:Empking, are you even in this game?

Yes & Yes.

You?
Did zwets still Empking's password? Are you post restricted?
-------------------------------------
Juls

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”