Newbie 799 - Katana Village (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mevorra
Mevorra
Townie
Mevorra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by Mevorra »

WeepingWind wrote:Does that mean you're surprised or mortified?
It meant nothing.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:35 am

Post by nureins »

Mevorra wrote: If the deadline on votes would be now, who would you vote for? This goes out to all of you!
You cancelled your suspicions on GD. Which are the NEW ones?

Ill be V/LA until saturday morning.
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:00 am

Post by WeepingWind »

pikapizza wrote:WeepingWind
you've posted a lengthy defense of yourself and show signs of being able to participate more, which is good.

however, you have yet to contribute anything to the discussion. after your massive defense of yourself, the remainder of your posts have consisted of one-liners of little significance...

you don't seem to read posts very carefully, either.
quite difficult to analyse posts for scumtells if you don't read them, in my opinion...
I do read the posts, just my eyes weren't cooperating with my brain when I read that one.
WeepingWind wrote:So who do you propose we put at L-1?
In the quoted post, I was asking everyone who they wanted to pressure, not edmund.angles who had already stated his opinion.
Mevorra
Mevorra
Townie
Mevorra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Mevorra »

nureins wrote:You cancelled your suspicions on GD. Which are the NEW ones?
Mevorra wrote:Myself, I'd vote either Belili or GreenDude. These are the two I've had the biggest suspicions (suspicions, theories, thoughts, etc) against. As of now, it leans towards a vote on Belili.
As I said, I'm currently leaning towards a vote on Belili. I have no great suspicions at the moment, but from my general feelings towards people, Belili is probably the one I would vote against.
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Belili »

No one seems to want to be the one to start the vote-push towards a roleclaim... but are we in a consensus that it is time to force someone to roleclaim?

Nothing seems to be happening - sudden drop off in votes/everything.

Given that no one else seems to be pushing for Green, I'll go with my other choice Mevorra.

Vote: Mevorra
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:25 am

Post by GreenDude »

@pikapizza: To be frank, I don't like you. Now that I have the past me, let me explain this in different words. I'm using the newb excuse. I'm saying that I made a mistake. Not because I'm a newb. But because I didn't consider that 2 certain replacements in the future would read through every letter and space that I put down and think of it entirely differently than the nice community of locals living in Katana village.
And I didn't mean verify as in verified but I meant that wickedswami said so and I trusted he was right. He wasn't. And one more thing, I've figured out that it's ok for townies to lie. In fact it can save them from being killed during the night.

@james: To be frank, I like you better than pika. You say the same thing as pika but in a nicer way. And I understand that it's hard to find the scum in this game even with 12 pages. This game is tough.
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:28 am

Post by GreenDude »

How many votes does mevorra have right now?? I think it's three.
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Belili »

Yep, 3.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by GreenDude »

Well, nothing's going to happen until someone does this:

vote:Mevorra
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by edmund.angles »

@Green and Belili: Please elaborate, could you go through what from your perspective has been the most suspicious behaviour by Mevorra.

@Green: pika and James had very legitimate line of questioning and I only advised them to stop because I didn't believe you would ever answer. I find it very weird that you would try to play favorites my saying who you like and don't like.

Mevorra's at L-1!
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

GreenDude wrote:And one more thing, I've figured out that it's ok for townies to lie. In fact it can save them from being killed during the night.
I'm not sure I agree with you here: In my opinion, a townie best helps the scumhunt if they are fully open and honest. On top of this, a townie shouldn't be
too
worried about his own life, as he wins, regardless of his survival, if the town wins.
Currently in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12195]Mini 839[/url], [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1838415]Open 165[/url].

Paranoia - It helps!
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

Also, I suggest we wait a little before someone hammers Mev, unless they seriously consider him to be scum. I say this because I currently can't see any scum in him.
Currently in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12195]Mini 839[/url], [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1838415]Open 165[/url].

Paranoia - It helps!
Mevorra
Mevorra
Townie
Mevorra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Mevorra »

Then you currently see correctly, and I agree that you shouldn't hammer me, since I'm not scum.

Since the current circumstances are that no real knowledge is available, but only suspicion, and it seems I'm the target of a lot of that suspicion.
It's a shame, but I understand that you consider my approach to the game to be scummy.

Anyway, really nothing I can say to my defense here that I haven't already said, so vote ahead. I'll be proven right after my (probable) death.
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by edmund.angles »

No one should hammer yet
First of all, I think green and Belili need to explain their vote thoroughly. Secondly, we should give Mevorra a chance to claim.

@green: Not telling everything: recommended, lying: no, confuses town
pikapizza
pikapizza
Townie
pikapizza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by pikapizza »

:!:
GreenDude

i am devastated that my sparkling personality has failed to charm you.
GreenDude wrote:But because I didn't consider that 2 certain replacements in the future would read through every letter and space that I put down and think of it entirely differently than the nice community of locals living in Katana village.
i'm not quite certain what this means... are you saying that your arguments were legitate, and you are merely misunderstood by the replacements?

i find several player's apparent motivations and reactions to the Mevorra L-1 rather questionable.

Belili
Belili wrote:No one seems to want to be the one to start the vote-push towards a roleclaim... but are we in a consensus that it is time to force someone to roleclaim?
strange... it seems that his primary reason for placing someone at L-1 is not to place pressure on them, but rather to force them to roleclaim.
:arrow: what benefits do you believe a D1 roleclaim has, Belili?

James.Denholm
James.Denholm wrote:Also, I suggest we wait a little before someone hammers Mev, unless they seriously consider him to be scum. I say this because I currently can't see any scum in him.
he says that he can't see any scum in Mevorra, but he doesn't seem at all opposed to a Mevorra lynch.
:arrow: at this point in time, who would you lynch?

i'll get back to you with a detailed opinion after a reread. i'll need to reanalyse Mevorra's case.

for the moment, i support edmund.angle's suggestion that NOBODY should hammer before GD and Belili explain their votes thoroughly !!
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:40 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

pikapizza wrote::!:
James.Denholm
James.Denholm wrote:Also, I suggest we wait a little before someone hammers Mev, unless they seriously consider him to be scum. I say this because I currently can't see any scum in him.
he says that he can't see any scum in Mevorra, but he doesn't seem at all opposed to a Mevorra lynch.
:arrow: at this point in time, who would you lynch?
Well, I would angle towards a GD lynch. I mean, if you put a gun to my head and didn't give me the option of bystanding, it would be GD. Most of that is still gut, however that unexplained vote on 283 (How in hell did I miss that?) looks more than a little fishy to me.

Paranoia - It helps!
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

Huh. I only just noticed the other line of pika's post:
pika wrote:he says that he can't see any scum in Mevorra, but he doesn't seem at all opposed to a Mevorra lynch.
I'm not terribly opposed to a Mev lynch because there are others (a lot of others) that are voting for him. It's possible that two scum are on that wagon, sure, but that leaves two townies, two which I hope have legitimate reasons to vote for Mev.

Paranoia - It helps!
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:03 am

Post by edmund.angles »

@James: If you don't find Mevorra scummy, you should oppose his lynch. Whether we're right, disguided or scum is besides the point. You need to evaluate him yourself.

prefer: Mevorra, Belili, GD for lynch. His remarks this last page has gotten him on my list.
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:31 am

Post by Belili »

First, as to roleclaim - that's what I thought L-1 was... sorry. I've looked up the term and now I understand. Anywho... as to the case against Mevorra... here it goes.

#1 - He has been "laying low" for a good deal of the time (towards the start). Note: this is not the same as being inactive. He has posted regularly but started with little content and only as many posts as required to stay active.

#2 - He has supported voting but has never been opposed to voting for someone.

Supported Green until it was no longer viable, then unvoted. (I know, as did I. This isn't concrete evidence by itself by any means).

Supported Me with a huge stretch of a theory when the heat was on. He didn't just defend himself... he tried to absorb the suspicion and deflect it to me. I contend this was not an attempt to go after a scum. My strategically stupid unvote is obviously indicative of either being bad at the game or inexperienced... or both. Yet he tried to push for a lynch of me out of the deal.

He even said, "You claim my theory against Belili was just a maneuver to divert attention from myself. Well, it was. Noone wants to be lynched, townie or scum, and that includes me."

While this does explain his defensiveness, why deflect that towards me? You'd rather lynch another townie rather than just stop your own lynch?

Was about to support Pika before I unvoted.

#3 - Contradiction.

"This is my first game of mafia."
and
"because I'm not newbie enough to believe that anyone would just be insta-lynched, especially not one active participant as GD were at the time. "

So you've never played mafia before yet you're not a noob?

Now the case FOR Mevorra.

#1 Self-interest is a mafia and town trait

He is right, no one wants to be lynched. I understand his reaction and it is possible that even his attack against me was just an attempt to avoid being lynched by HIS team. However, I'm the more I think about it the less I understand that move.

#2 He is not the only one to lay low

#3 He is not the only one to contradict himself (me, Green, probably others)

Given the pros/cons - I think pressure is warranted.
Mevorra
Mevorra
Townie
Mevorra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:17 am

Post by Mevorra »

Belili wrote: #3 - Contradiction.

"This is my first game of mafia."
and
"because I'm not newbie enough to believe that anyone would just be insta-lynched, especially not one active participant as GD were at the time. "

So you've never played mafia before yet you're not a noob?
Exactly. Nah but what I meant was that I might be new at this, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to believe something like that. It's common sense that the first target for pressure wouldn't be lynched instantly. You're looking at the words I'm writing, but you're not reading them.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Tenchi »

It was late into the afternoon. The summer breeze is getting colder. The town seems to be approaching to a decision, nowhere certain if they are making the right choice.

VOTE COUNT

(4) Mevorra - nureins, edmund.angles, Belili, GreenDude

(1) Belili - wickedswami

Not Voting: WeepingWind, Mevorra, James.Denholm, pikapizza

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline: July 3, 2009 12:01 pm PST
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:56 am

Post by GreenDude »

I put a vote on mevorra because NOTHING was going to happen until somebody did. I don't exactly want mevorra lynched but i want the game to start moving again.

I don't mean to say the I like james better than pika, i'm saying that james says things in a nicer tone of voice.

@pikapizza: I'm saying that I wrote as if 2 replacements weren't going to come by.

I'll explain my vote once more. My vote, was supposed to start discussion. And that is exactly what has happened. Discussion is only good for town.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:58 am

Post by GreenDude »

Oh my gosh, i just read through my post. I made the world's most stupidest typo ever!!! I meant to say that I'm NOT using the newbie excuse. I have no idea how that happened.
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

Green, in this game, you simply can't afford to be drunk when you post. :P

Belili, in your examination of the case against Mev, it seems to be that Mev supports people a fair bit. Isn't this an inherently townie trait? It would seem to me that the scum would do the opposite, and attempt to rain hell down wherever possible, hoping to bring about a quicker lynch.

Paranoia - It helps!
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by edmund.angles »

@GD: Please examine the Mevorra thoroughly from your perspective, it will help promote discussion :wink: .

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”