Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:58 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I think the argument between Furry and Tzee is a pretty irrelevant distraction. All this theory will be relevant if and when it is applicable- ie. when we actually get another claim. Until then, it is pointless- I don't understand why people think scum-Furry would take an incorrect/self-contradictory position on this theory. There's no motivation for it.
BrianMcQueso wrote:I was fine with a Brandi vote yesterday, and combined with her behavior today and result of inHim's alignment flop, I only feel stronger about that now.
vote: Brandi

On the other hand, Day 1 No Lynch is like, the worst idea, ever. Furry makes me very, very nervous. Also not happy with his attitude towards the cases brought against him.
Brian's only post today says very little. Criticises Brandi for her "behaviour", and also is a me-too on the attacks on Furry (which I don't think are very coherent, given Furry never tried to cause a D1 no lynch). Looks like he wants to be in a good position to hop between two likely wagons, without providing anything in the way of arguments.
unvote, vote: Brian
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:17 am

Post by veerus »

Fishythefish wrote:I think the argument between Furry and Tzee is a pretty irrelevant distraction. All this theory will be relevant if and when it is applicable- ie. when we actually get another claim. Until then, it is pointless- I don't understand why people think scum-Furry would take an incorrect/self-contradictory position on this theory. There's no motivation for it.
While I agree that this argument is irrelevant at
this
point in the game, it will become relevant later and I don't see a reason to supress the discussion. As for the motivations -- there don't have to be any. Scum-Furry could just be confused based on the knowledge he would have versus what he'd trying to tell to the town. Not that I'm convinced Furry is scum at this point, but the numerous contradictions in the last few posts don't lend a lot of credibility to his townieness either.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I don't really see those "numerous contradictions". Furry's position is that nonsensical nameclaims are likely false, but that roles and alignments are largely independent. The first seems obvious, the second arguable, but there's no inconsistency.

I agree there's no reason to supress the discussion- I just can't see any benefit coming of it.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by veerus »

Where is everyone?
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Dr. Perry Cox »

A deadline has been instituted.

Day 2 will conclude at the latest in 5 days, at
Saturday 6/27, 11pm (Central)
. I am sending notifications to each player. If no one has been lynched by deadline, day will end with a no-lynch.

Please PM me with any questions about deadline procedure.

(Any player who has not picked up their prod will be replaced at the end of D2 if still alive.)

Votecount

3 Brandi
(Gorrad, veerus, BrianMcQueso)
2 BrianMcQueso
(hp [leaves], Fishythefish)
2 Furry
(Brandi, Tzeentch)

Not voting: Furry, Lindisfarne
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Brandi, you're at L-2. Claim please.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Dr. Perry Cox »

(Please note that due to recent events, Rule 6 is being clarified to the following:

6) Do not post in invisible or micro text. (Or use anything annoyingly clever, such as HTML-tagged text
or intentional misvotes
. PM me if in doubt.)

This clarification is prompted from events outside of this game.)
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Brandi »

Gorrad wrote:Brandi, you're at L-2. Claim please.
L-2 is no reason to worry, and there isn't any reason for me to claim. So, no.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Gorrad »

Brandi wrote:
There's a VERY good reason to claim. Deadline is four days away, and you're the top lynch choice.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Furry »

Will get to this tonight. Fishy looks really townie at this point, BMQ for some reason is really setting off my gut scumdar, while Brandi is less scummy, but I can put my finger on the reasoning a lot better.

hp drives me crazy going from really town to really scum with just about every post he makes. Tzee is slight town, gorrad I really have no clue on after nothing day one and a D2 tunnel, what bugs me most here though is the brandi wagon seems to be from the D2 stuff more then D1 which I see as more scumtells. But tonight most likely, unless I have to go back out in the field for work.
Temporary unretired alt
Tzeentch
Tzeentch
Goon
Tzeentch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Tzeentch »

Brandi wrote:
Mod wrote:Day 2 will conclude at the latest in 5 days, at Saturday 6/27, 11pm (Central).
*sigh*
Unvote, vote: Brandi

When a deadline's approaching, obstinance helps no-one. Claim please.
Some people might remember me as Aelyn...

[b]No longer V/LA![/b]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11966]SSBB Mafia[/url]
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Brandi »

You know, that is PLENTY of days in which people could actually be posting and actually building REAL cases and such like that? The guy who replaced into this game today has yet to make a SINGLE post. But if you're so eager to know my oh so amazing role-

I'm Ted Buckland, a boring townie. =P

Hooray.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Furry »

Vote BMQ

reasoning later tonight, almost off work
Temporary unretired alt
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Brandi, if there's any flavour associated with that claim it would be useful.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Brandi »

Just that I'm useless, and I should try not to kill myself. :P
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Brandi »

wait... um... Why did I just do that? Ugh I'm an idiot. The rules say not to quote your PMs or to Paraphrase w/o asking the mod first -_-
I'm stupid.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Furry »

BrianMcQueso wrote:There is merit to bandwagonning for the sake of bandwagonning, especially this early. A bandwagon creates pressure on a player which forces reactions from that player. It creates a situation that people in the town must respond to and have an opinion about. It's good for the game.

That being said, I'm not sure which I like less: the case against inHim, or his response to it. They're both pretty bad. I'm gonna sit on Fishy a bit more for the moment.
This is a great example of playing both sides of quite a few topics. There is seeds planted to vote inhim, the people pushing inhim, and still leaves reasoning to be voting fishy. There is no line of questioning towards fishy in progress at this point either.
BrianMcQueso wrote:So far, what seems to have happened is just more of the same. inHim seems to like hopping wagons, and Brandi attacks whoever looks at her funny. One falls under the "happy with any lynch" scum stereotype, and the other, the "overly defensive".

At this point, I'm still happy with my vote on Brandi. Nine pages into Day 1, I'm skeptical of anyone who has strong conviction about anything. I understand that appears to Brandi as being a "lazy townie", but I consider it arrogant to think you're ABSOLUTELY sure someone is scum.
Well more fencing here. Inhim is scummy (for oversold reasons), brandi is scummy (for just about hte biggest crap tell ever). It seems like brandi feeling "absolutely sure" that inhim was town is how he decided on a vote here.

I never really realized how little BMQ has added before I did this. I think Brandi is town (partially due to my theory that a vanilla claim near a deadline of a vote leader has an amazingly high chance of being true), but nowhere near as town as inhim was. Still pissed at that.
Temporary unretired alt
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Brandi »

Note- the mod assured me that my paraphrase was ok. Guess I got a little too paranoid.

Also... is
Lindisfarne
going to need to be replaced, too?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm seriously opposed to the Brandi lynch at this stage. BMQ lurks heroically, and when he posts it's to support any lynch going.

My responses to Brandi's wagon (wouldn't normally do this, but deadline is closing in):
Brandi wrote:It's just nice to have input on such matters. Speculations as to why someone was NKed, or reactions to the deaths of others. Some may be surprised, some may have expected something to happen. Personally, I honestly don't know why scum would target DDD, he didn't particularly give off the feel of a power role- and he wasn't particularly a strong voice for the town. It almost seems as if it were a completely random choice. Anyway, If all you feel is "meh" then that is an adequate response as well.
This appears to be the main post people dislike. I don't see that it can in any way be interpreted as rolefishing. It's solely speculating on night kills- and the vig (if such exists) is hardly going to come out and claim.

Gorrad claims that Brandi is trying to "out the doc". How on earth do you expect the doc to react to Brandi's questions, differently from a VT? You credit our PR's with very little intelligence if you're expecting something like "well, I'm surprised DDD died, because
I saved him
he wasn't all that useful", and I really can't see what else you thought was coming.

Gorrad is speaking in hugely vague terms about PRs being likely to slip when talking about night actions. Brandi wants to talk about who died, and why. It is very unlikely that a PR would slip discussing this, and it feels like Gorrad wants to take a standard scum tell, and run with it even though it doesn't really apply.

veerus's case is one line long:
veerus wrote:Brandi's fishing for night action reactions reminds me strongly of one of Tar's standard scum tells. And his tells are right on the money way too often for me to ignore one here.
This line is an appeal to authority which, as discussed above, does not apply here. Brandi simply didn't fish for night actions.
To add to this gem of an attack, he goes after Brandi's own reaction. He summarises this:
Brandi wrote:Slicey was definitely more obviously town, and I definitely suspect it to be the work of a vig.... DDD, I am a bit more surprised with. I was actually a bit skeptical of him before the end of the day, and had planned to look into him more this day, because he gave me a bad feeling.
and this:
Brandi wrote:Personally, I honestly don't know why scum would target DDD, he didn't particularly give off the feel of a power role- and he wasn't particularly a strong voice for the town. It almost seems as if it were a completely random choice.
as this:
veerus wrote:You, on the other hand, went on a tirade about how it sucks that Slicey was killed and why, oh why, was DDD targeted?
A tirade? No. It sucks that Slicey was killed? Well, slightly. This sentiment was withdrawn immediately. Handwringing about DDD is heavily implied by veerus- when all that is there is surprise scum picked a player who wasn't particularly protown.

BMQ's case: First, he makes a valid point that since we all have identical and perfect information about the dead, discussing them isn't likely to be productive. This isn't a point for Brandi being scummy though. Second, he says he was happy with a Brandi vote yesterday. Third, he says Brandi's "behaviour today" is scummy- with nothing to support it. The only solid post in favour his case is this one, from way back yesterday (ie. this is the only time he makes an actual point against Brandi, or agrees with a specific point against her):
BrianMcQueso wrote:
Fishy wrote:This is also not good. Obviously, wagoning just to wagon is one of the those policies with an exception when you are the object of the wagon. This seems like a rather weak attempt to sling a bit of mud in InHim’s direction.
I also dislike Brandi’s habit of calling people protown- this is unhelpful for the town, and potentially buddying or an attempt to look good later after they die. Like others, I also dislike the “bear this in mind” quote- while her explanation is valid, it just feels more like a scum stashing away an excuse to vote than a townie stating an obvious truth.
Fishy echoes a lot of my sentiments towards Brandi. Then she followed his post with what looks like a lot of defensive, snappy personal attacks. Anyone who votes her seems to get the brunt of it. Even when inHim backs off a little and says he's going to reconsider, Brandi attacks him for that (112). I'm starting to predict a little backlash myself:
unvote, vote: Brandi
Most of my points were pretty thoroughly beaten down over the course of yesterday. The rest is a false accusation of personal attacks, and telling Brandi she'll be considered scummy if she attacks BMQ.

Gorrad and I both make the point that Brandi's surprise she didn't die is surprising. I've rather changed my mind on this one. You can see why Brandi would think her aggressive style a danger to the scum- she led the town to a lynch yesterday, and players with the ability to do that are dangerous. In my opinion, she underestimated the typical backlash from a mislynch, but you can see where she is coming from, whether or not you agree with her. Certainly not a strong point, anyway.

I think Tzee just voted to get a claim (and perhaps fair enough, given the proximity of the deadline and the amount of lurking)- at any rate, there are no other reasons given.

This wagon reeks.
Tzeentch
Tzeentch
Goon
Tzeentch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Tzeentch »

Fishythefish wrote:I think Tzee just voted to get a claim (and perhaps fair enough, given the proximity of the deadline and the amount of lurking)- at any rate, there are no other reasons given.
Absolutely correct. I've not been able to do a decent enough analysis to have a strong feeling one way or the other - there are valid points against Brandi, but some of the people on the wagon haven't really contributed. Personally, I simply think that obstinance - such as refusing to claim at L-2 when there's a deadline in less than a week - is not useful, so if I can prompt action, I will.

Unvote

I will give a decent analysis at home, when I have a good chance to read through properly.

[b]No longer V/LA![/b]
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Gorrad »

Why the unvote?
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Brandi »

Tzeentch wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:I think Tzee just voted to get a claim (and perhaps fair enough, given the proximity of the deadline and the amount of lurking)- at any rate, there are no other reasons given.
Absolutely correct. I've not been able to do a decent enough analysis to have a strong feeling one way or the other - there are valid points against Brandi, but some of the people on the wagon haven't really contributed. Personally, I simply think that obstinance - such as refusing to claim at L-2 when there's a deadline in less than a week - is not useful, so if I can prompt action, I will.

Unvote

I will give a decent analysis at home, when I have a good chance to read through properly.
Like I said, a lot can happen in less than a week. It wasn't really necessary. I get a bad feeling from being asked to claim so early.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Gorrad »

What definition of early are you using?
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Brandi »

L-2 is no reason to ask for a claim. I get the feeling you were hoping for a power role or something.
Tzeentch
Tzeentch
Goon
Tzeentch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Tzeentch »

Gorrad: I unvoted because my vote had the desired response, and because I didn't want a lynch to happen before I could do a decent analysis.

Brandi: L-2 is a pretty standard time to ask for a claim at the best of times, simply to prevent a bad lynch. When there's a deadline, it's more important to find out the relevant information while you can, and therefore there's more urgency for the claim.

[b]No longer V/LA![/b]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”