Newbie 799 - Katana Village (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:26 am

Post by Belili »

wickedswami wrote:first of all: happy b-day james, may you live long and prosperous, both in this game and IRL
Oh, Happy Birthday James!

@Wicked - Semi-quoting Spock ftw

VOTE COUNT

(2) Mevorra - nureins, edmund.angles

(1) GreenDude - pikapizza
(1) Belili - wickedswami
(1) WeepingWind - GreenDude

Not Voting: WeepingWind, Belili, Mevorra, James.Denholm

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline: July 3, 2009 12:01 pm PST
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:27 am

Post by WeepingWind »

wickedswami wrote:Didn't someone mention playing by mail at the start of this game?
I thought someone did, but I couldn't find it.
wickedswami
wickedswami
Townie
wickedswami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:21 am

Post by wickedswami »

turns out it was someone in the signup thread:
The Many wrote:We play by email.

There's two parts to the email: The vote tally and the text. Players edit the tally and add to the text and then pass the email along on their turn. We go in the order the moderator puts in the original email's vote tally.

AdamFakename@yahoo.com voting JosephFakename@yahoo.com
JosephFakename@yahoo.com voting BrianFakename@google.com
BrianFakename@gmail.com not voting

When the game starts, Adam writes an email to Jo who edits his vote if necessary and then adds whatever text he wants and sends it to Brian who adds to it and sends it to Adam. When the email contains enough current votes to form a lynch the player who added the lynching vote sends the email to the moderator. The time is mostly because of the email system.

We started in college and decided to switch to email right before graduation. We've been doing it for about seven years now I guess.

This is more like in-person though, which makes it interesting to me. I'm looking forward to a game!
I'm sorry to have caused any confusion
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:00 am

Post by WeepingWind »

That sounds like a fun way to play. :)
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:39 am

Post by edmund.angles »

Ok, here's one more quote for the case on Mevorra, it's from very early, on GD's attack on wicked.
Mevorra wrote: This post seemed to me to be so.. Phoney, and if
I was scum[\b], this is exactly the kind of post I would make.
He seems to always think from a scum perspective.

@Belili: I meant how do you feel about the scum signals nureins and I believe to have found on Mevorra?

On the 'hole' thing: GD seems to have no explanaition and I unwilling to provide one (has proven this again and again). It surely is a scum signal, but can't we just take it like that and move on? It doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Belili »

edmund.angles wrote:@Belili: I meant how do you feel about the scum signals nureins and I believe to have found on Mevorra?
You're somewhat on the right track but it's far from proof-positive. First off - I still thinking deflecting with a weak attack is a townie AND mafia trait. Who wouldn't want to stay alive? Second - thinking from a mafia's perspective isn't just a mafia trait... as odd as that sounds. I've been trying to do the same thing the entire game. And everyone has postulated theories about how the mafia would react to information/votes/etc. Your other theories are well-founded but again, far from proof-positive of mafiaitudeness.

Let's give it at least a few more days. I'll hold my vote for awhile.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:06 am

Post by GreenDude »

@edmund: People expect to everything posted to have an intricate plot behind it. That is not the case with my 'hole'. Which was a piece of hogwash and it proves nothing about me, so there's no point lingering on it.
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Tenchi »

June 25 will be Prod Day. I will be gone for a day or so.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:37 am

Post by WeepingWind »

nureins wrote:
Wishingtovotebutnothavingavoteforher: weeping
nureins, you don't seem to have ever unvoted Mevorra, so your vote for me doesn't count.
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:15 am

Post by Belili »

WeepingWind wrote:
nureins wrote:
nureins, you don't seem to have ever unvoted Mevorra, so your vote for me doesn't count.

vote: weeping

For not reading what he just quoted.

unvote
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:33 am

Post by WeepingWind »

Oh, sorry. I must have read it wrong.
Mevorra
Mevorra
Townie
Mevorra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Mevorra »

edmund.angles wrote:Ok, here's one more quote for the case on Mevorra, it's from very early, on GD's attack on wicked.
Mevorra wrote: This post seemed to me to be so.. Phoney, and if
I was scum[\b], this is exactly the kind of post I would make.
He seems to always think from a scum perspective.

I'm sorry, but I cannot see how this quote would add anything to the "case".

Anyway, it seems as if discussions has kind of died off! This is unacceptable.
If the deadline on votes would be now, who would you vote for? This goes out to all of you!

Myself, I'd vote either Belili or GreenDude. These are the two I've had the biggest suspicions (suspicions, theories, thoughts, etc) against. As of now, it leans towards a vote on Belili.
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:04 am

Post by WeepingWind »

Mevorra wrote: If the deadline on votes would be now, who would you vote for? This goes out to all of you!
It would probably be you.
Mevorra
Mevorra
Townie
Mevorra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Mevorra »

*gasp* :O
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:09 am

Post by WeepingWind »

Does that mean you're surprised or mortified?
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:12 am

Post by GreenDude »

I don't know who i would vote for. I would probably lean towards mevorra. I mafia are doing a real good job. I wonder what happened though. The conversation was moving real fast, and then just stopped. *click* thats it!! There's no more conversation because the conversation started when i was at L-2 and now that i've cleared myself and mevorra has cleared himself, there's nothing to talk about!!
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:24 am

Post by WeepingWind »

GreenDude wrote:I mafia are doing a real good job.
Is that a typo, or are you saying you're mafia?
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Belili »

I would vote Mevorra or greendude if I had to vote now.
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:07 am

Post by edmund.angles »

I don't think we're gonna get much more information than we have now, there's no real pressure on anyone. I think it's time to get someone to L-1. Remember that we need to find someone else if they claim powerrole or we can't reach consensus. We risk having to make a rushed decision.

I prefer Mevorra or Belili, in that order.
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:43 am

Post by WeepingWind »

So who do you propose we put at L-1?
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by GreenDude »

@weepingwind: Yes that was a typo.

I don't think that powerrole claiming is going to happen, it's very dumb unless both roles claim, then the mafia will kill the doctor. So nobody will powerrole claim unless they want to be killed.
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by WeepingWind »

But if a powerrole claims, it could save them from being lynched. You are right though, either way they are likely to die.
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

Belili wrote:
wickedswami wrote:first of all: happy b-day james, may you live long and prosperous, both in this game and IRL
Oh, Happy Birthday James!
Thanks, to both of you.

Anyway, my current suspicions lie on Mev, GD, and WS. WS is more based on his earlier pushing for a no-lynch, though I suppose that could be simply newbie error. Thinking about this more makes me realise I initially thought the same thing during my first game, though I'm not sure if I voiced those thoughts or not.

Mev and GD, however, are based almost solely on gut feeling. I'm not about to vote for anyone with only that to go on, though. But I'm watching them.
Currently in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12195]Mini 839[/url], [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1838415]Open 165[/url].

Paranoia - It helps!
pikapizza
pikapizza
Townie
pikapizza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by pikapizza »

here is a quick summary of my thoughts. when i have time i will go through the thread again and write a more detailed analysis.

:!:
GreenDude

all your answers pretty much boil down to "oh, i was wrong".
however, that seems to be consistent with newbie town. either way, you need to think much more carefully before you post.

i'm still not pleased with the way you have absolutely no explanation for the majority of your posts. (in my eyes, "i was wrong" or "it was hogwash" does not constitute a reasonable explanation) this shows that you don't give much thought to your posts at all. whether this shows a lack of interest in finding scum, or whether you simply don't like to subject your brain to wear-and-tear, i cannot say....

i was nearly convinced you were scum earlier, but i am beginning to reconsider.

you should note, though, that generally, it is in a townie's best interests to be as open and honest as possible. only scum should need to lie and invent arguments. finding the contradictions when they lie is one way to sniff out scum !

one thing in the thread that is enormously puzzling:
GreenDude wrote:Oh, about post 203, I meant about weeping saying about the way she played the game. This has been verified, she played by mail before, and now it's different because she is playing on the internet.
it has been proven that she did not mention playing by mail anywhere on the thread. where did you "verify" this ???

for the moment,
unvote

WeepingWind

you've posted a lengthy defense of yourself and show signs of being able to participate more, which is good.

however, you have yet to contribute anything to the discussion. after your massive defense of yourself, the remainder of your posts have consisted of one-liners of little significance...

you don't seem to read posts very carefully, either.
WeepingWind wrote:
nureins wrote:
edmund.angles wrote:I think it's time to get someone to L-1. ... I prefer Mevorra or Belili, in that order.
WeepingWind wrote:So who do you propose we put at L-1?
quite difficult to analyse posts for scumtells if you don't read them, in my opinion...

James.Denholm

i hope you had a great birthday, but it's time to start playing the game.

i appreciate that you're a replacement and that it's difficult to get your head around things in the beginning, but you've had plenty of time. all of your posts so far have been nothing but technical clarifications and some vague "oh, i'm suspicious of so-and-so" with no supporting arguments whatsoever.

i should think that 11 pages into the game, your "gut feelings" have evolved into something more ???
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

pikapizza wrote::!:
James.Denholm

i hope you had a great birthday, but it's time to start playing the game.

i appreciate that you're a replacement and that it's difficult to get your head around things in the beginning, but you've had plenty of time. all of your posts so far have been nothing but technical clarifications and some vague "oh, i'm suspicious of so-and-so" with no supporting arguments whatsoever.

i should think that 11 pages into the game, your "gut feelings" have evolved into something more ???
I know, I know. Sadly, I tend to be a bit slow on the scum-hunt. I am looking - believe me, I am - but I simply can't see anything at the moment that hasn't already been said. I'll pick up something sooner or later, though. Hopefully.

But let's have bit of a look at GreenDude. I'll use your argument as a starter here, if you don't mind.

You are right, GD has been answering a lot with the whole 'Ah, my bad. How about we all move on, eh?'. I'm not to sure if it is considered newbie town, but in my eyes, it's not really acceptable. Think of it this way: If that was an acceptable defence, and I was scum, I could just hide behind that. All the friggin' time. It it was acceptable, nothing could stick to anyone. But it's not.

GreenDude, I don't think we should just forget about, for example, that weird hole-test-thing from earlier. Just because you're new doesn't make you Teflon. No player should be able to use that as an excuse.
Currently in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12195]Mini 839[/url], [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1838415]Open 165[/url].

Paranoia - It helps!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”