Newbie 803 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Santos »

Because if I didn't mention Lupo, how would he know I have questions made out to him? Is it supposed to be a guessing game? :p

'Okay! Now who am I talking to when I ask
this
questions!?'
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

Sorry for the REALLY long post guys. I was doing some research and needed the visual aid. If you guys think it is too bulky feel free to ask the Mod to remove it. OK after reading all that I now seeing something....I can see the logic in most of everyone's responses. I now think Clara is less scummy-looking because she was merely reacting to the strange way I was acting and jumped on board. I guess we'll have to see what she replies with soon. Oh and I didn't post jammer, VP Baltar, or Chiarosicada as:
a) They post A LOT (would've been more spam)
b) They seem the least scummy to me.

Here's my listing of top scummy people:
1) Claramata
2) Lupo
3) Porkens
4) Santos
5) Cartza (only because he hasn't posted anything though...)
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 1.6

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Einlanzers: 2: jammer (4), Claramata (9)
Claramata: 2: VP Baltar (13), Chiarosicada (14)
jammer: 1: Lupo El Loco (5)
Santos: 1: Porkens (15)

Not voting: Cartza, Einlanzers, Santos

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Currently Einlanzers would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 6:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 7th.

Einlanzers, the bottom of the thread has an option to display all the posts by a particular player which you might find helpful.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

I have some thoughts, but I want to wait until Clara responds to the latest posts and for Cartza to be replaced.

I plan to re-read focusing on Porkens and Santos. I don't have a good read on either.
Zorblag - For now Troll will go have some rum and see if that inspires any wonderful solutions. Troll no be hopeful but at least Troll will get to have some rum.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm confused einlanzers you say:
I now think Clara is less scummy-looking because she was merely reacting to the strange way I was acting and jumped on board.
And yet she is your top suspect. Please explain this.

Also, just for future reference, you don't have to post like that to see someone's posts in isolation. All you have to do is go to the bottom of the page, and just below the 'Submit' button is a pull down menu with the name of every player who has posted in this game. Just select the player you would like to look at in isolation and click go and you will be redirected to just their posts. It's a very useful feature when you what to review a player or look for something specific. You can also search for posts by time period and change their order from oldest to newest.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Porkens »

I ythink someone, earleir in the game, perhaps VP Baltar, commented on Santos and I asked "why aren't you voting for Santos?' That question was pointed because Santo's behavior, as outlined by VP (I think) was
vote-worthy
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

So the better question then, was why were you not voting Santos?
YOUR AD HERE

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Porkens »

I was more suspicious of Lazers.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

VP Baltar wrote:I'm confused einlanzers you say:
I now think Clara is less scummy-looking because she was merely reacting to the strange way I was acting and jumped on board.
And yet she is your top suspect. Please explain this.

Also, just for future reference, you don't have to post like that to see someone's posts in isolation. All you have to do is go to the bottom of the page, and just below the 'Submit' button is a pull down menu with the name of every player who has posted in this game. Just select the player you would like to look at in isolation and click go and you will be redirected to just their posts. It's a very useful feature when you what to review a player or look for something specific. You can also search for posts by time period and change their order from oldest to newest.
I said she was
less
scummy-looking now, but she still hopped on the wagon rather quickly. She switched her vote after:
1) I voted No Lynch
2) VP asked her why she wasn't voting for me.
Seems that she's easily swayed and that smells scummy to me. She seems less scummy because before I didn't factor in my "No Lynch" as a suspicious act in-and-of-itself, so it looked like she voted that way just because you told her to :P
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by jammer »

@Ein, after rereading your last post. You seem sincere and show interest in finding mafia. In my viewpoint you haven't added anything new to the discussion, as in asking questions to other players, and I would doubt your suspicions on Carla would be exising if VP didn't point them out before.
But if I see what Carla and Lupo posted, you're far from alone on my suspect list.
Yes, my top 3 suspects are Ein, Lupo and Carla.

In any case, you do not have the highest ammount of votes, after this post.
Unvote: Einlanzers

Einlanzers wrote:I didn't factor in my "No Lynch" as a suspicious act in-and-of-itself, so it looked like she voted that way just because you told her to :P
The ''no lynch'' was imo not a scum-act, but more a newb-approach. The voting you for a ''no lynch'' was to make clear a ''no lynch'' is not the best way to start, and it worked extremely well getting out of random votes.
The way you responded to me, was reason I kept the vote and also the reason Carla voted you at the time.

Ok, Einlanzers. Do you have any questions for the other players?

@Lupo
Lupo El Loco wrote:Like D1, except we can analyse the previous voting patterns in regards to who was lynched and who he turned out to be. Perhaps some insight from a cop as well.
If you say voting patterns matter, why haven't you voted your vote at any time. Are you afrain your votes look bad?
Lupo El Loco wrote:Meh. No opinion at this point.
You seem hesitent in showing your thoughs. You show you are there but never actually add something. I have not found any attempt of finding mafia of you.
Lupo El Loco wrote:What "holds me back" from voting for Ein is that he should be posting more, and I hope his latest message is not the only defence he's going to give us. Was that really your last word, Ein?
What do you think about Ein now, after the post he has written?
Porkens wrote:Santos; why have you mention Lupo so much in this game?
I though that was fairly obvioous, Lupo is actively here but fails to anwser some questions. Why do you think mentioning Lupo is strange?
Santos wrote:'Okay! Now who am I talking to when I ask
this
questions!?'
Lupo, he seems to become irritated with you not anwering/ignoring him. Go, anwser it will actually help you. To me the neclecting of anwsering questions, seems scummy.

This, wishy washy posts
Lupo El Loco wrote:
Vote: jammer
OMG, you suck.
Vote: Lupo El Loco

Lupo, your defence?
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:00 am

Post by jammer »

Mod: Been more then 5 days from last message of cartza, game is on for a week and he got a single post. I think it is time to find a replacement.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:29 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

I will not be able to post from now until this Thursday.
Zorblag - For now Troll will go have some rum and see if that inspires any wonderful solutions. Troll no be hopeful but at least Troll will get to have some rum.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Zorblag »

The timing for replacements in laid out in the rules. Cartza is just reaching the threshholds shortly so I'm starting to look for a replacement. Also, Lupo El Loco has requested a replacement so in fact I'll be looking for two.

Thank you for the note that you'll be V/LA Chiarosicada. If everyone could be sure and post in thread if they know they'll miss more than a day it'd be great.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Einlanzers »

jammer wrote:@Ein, after rereading your last post. You seem sincere and show interest in finding mafia. In my viewpoint you haven't added anything new to the discussion, as in asking questions to other players, and I would doubt your suspicions on Carla would be exising if VP didn't point them out before.
But if I see what Carla and Lupo posted, you're far from alone on my suspect list.
Yes, my top 3 suspects are Ein, Lupo and Carla.

In any case, you do not have the highest ammount of votes, after this post.
Unvote: Einlanzers

Einlanzers wrote:I didn't factor in my "No Lynch" as a suspicious act in-and-of-itself, so it looked like she voted that way just because you told her to :P
The ''no lynch'' was imo not a scum-act, but more a newb-approach. The voting you for a ''no lynch'' was to make clear a ''no lynch'' is not the best way to start, and it worked extremely well getting out of random votes.
The way you responded to me, was reason I kept the vote and also the reason Carla voted you at the time.

Ok, Einlanzers. Do you have any questions for the other players?
@jammer:
Why do you think that Lupo is a high suspect? We know (or at least I assume) the reasons for myself and Carla.

@Carla:
Do you feel that the suspicion about you is fair? If not what is your justification. Do you maintain your vote for me because you are still suspicious of me or because you want to "keep the heat on"?

@Santos:
I'm not sure that you pulling your vote for me was an act of compassion (towny act) or a front (scummy act). How can you explain it?

@Porkens:
Are you only voting for Santos because he seemed so facinated with Lupo? Do you have any other reasons for accusing him.

@VP Baltar:
You've been defending me pretty much this entire game. I highly doubt that you are scum as it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for scum to protect a towny and take the chance of him (or his partner) getting lynched instead. But then again maybe you're so smart that you assumed we would think that, so we wouldn't assume you as mafia. What do you think? ;)

@Chiarosicada:
I realize you are leaving and wont respond to this for awhile, but I have a questions for you:
- Do you suspect Clara because of her "bandwagon" vote on me early in the game?
- Do you suspect Lupo because of his random vote that he's stuck with throughout? Or because of something in particular he has said?

Seeing as Cartza AND Lupo El Loco are leaving I can't ask them anything :/.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

einlanzers wrote:@VP Baltar:
You've been defending me pretty much this entire game. I highly doubt that you are scum as it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for scum to protect a towny and take the chance of him (or his partner) getting lynched instead. But then again maybe you're so smart that you assumed we would think that, so we wouldn't assume you as mafia. What do you think?
Don't assume I'm town just because I defended you. Scum could very easily defend someone they know to be town just to form an unspoken alliance with that player.

Look at it this way, even though I think the wagon against you wasn't a good one and it is likely you are town, I don't assume you to be 100% town and if you do something I think is genuinely scummy I will push for your lynch. You should do the same when you look at me. If you see me do something scummy, then question me, and if you don't like my answers, try to get me lynched.

If somebody isn't confirmed town (say by a cop investigation or something like that) then you should always look for actions from them that could be potentially scummy.
YOUR AD HERE

jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:11 am

Post by jammer »

Einlanzers wrote:@jammer:
Why do you think that Lupo is a high suspect? We know (or at least I assume) the reasons for myself and Carla.
Actively lurking, ignoring some questions, and I feel he contradicts himself.

I though my post was clear, but if you need anything further you can ask.
VP Baltar wrote:Don't assume I'm town just because I defended you. Scum could very easily defend someone they know to be town just to form an unspoken alliance with that player.
You got to like/hate wifom
I like to add something to this WIFOM, if VP is still alive after we had some lynches and night kills. My suspicions on him will just rise as he lives. He seems experienced and knows what he is doing.
So if he lives on after a few nights. Then he can be mafia or mafia tries to frame him. Or with this post, do I want mafia to think that he can be framed/killed now?

And unrelately with this game self, are there known statistics about how this semi-open setup works out, if I look for it I don't seem to find anything.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You mean how often town wins vs. scum wins?

I don't know if there are publish stats on this specific setup. It's probably largely dependent up on the capability of the players involved. Not to mention that we don't even know what the setup is at this point, so that might also affect the outcome.
YOUR AD HERE

Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Santos »

Me pulling my vote wasn't intended to show my alignment. I was pulling it for my own sake because you actually humored us with a post and claim that sounded like a townie giving up and fingering two players you suspected the most before you died. I was hoping people would speculate on that and decide if you were lynch worthy today or not.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Santos, do you still think ein would be a good lynch choice today?
YOUR AD HERE

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Zorblag »

Hurleys_Van replaces Cartza. Still looking for a replacement for Lupo El Loco. Thank you, Hurleys_Van.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

welcome aboard hurleys_van
YOUR AD HERE

Hurleys_Van
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Hurleys_Van »

Howdy! I'm going to read through take a few notes, and let everyone know what I think.
"For the record, my belt HAS dropped a notch. I'm a big guy. It's gonna be a while before you're going to want to give me a piggy back ride."
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Einlanzers »

Santos wrote:Me pulling my vote wasn't intended to show my alignment. I was pulling it for my own sake because you actually humored us with a post and claim that sounded like a townie giving up and fingering two players you suspected the most before you died. I was hoping people would speculate on that and decide if you were lynch worthy today or not.
Sounds valid enough.

@Hurleys_Van,
Welcome to the community. At least you don't have any comments to prove yourself against as Cartza didn't post much. :P. After you finish reading please post your feelings on who you think is scummy and not and reasons. Thanks :).
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Head_Honcho replaces Lupo El Loco. Thanks Head_Honcho.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

Mentioning one player a lot is fine by itself, and it may be fine in this case, too. However, when about 75% of your posts are mentioning one player in a variety of ways (i.e. agreeing, dissagreeing, attacking, etc...) then I see a connection.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”