Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Vig Vote Tally

Deadline
:
VERY, VERY, SOON (vote now!)

Setael-7 (Lamont, Pyro, Amished, Sironi, Devastation, Zwet, Dramonic)

Devastation-4 (Stepho, Rock, Elmo, Naomi)
Zwet-3 (Nyx, Pablo, Xtoxm)
Lamont-1 (Setael)
Pablo-1 (Tajo)

Not vig-voting scum:
AJ

"Vote early and vote often or get the rope!"
:!:
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Naomi_Saotome wrote:Yes, but that means I'm going to have to join a wagon, for the sake of progress. I'm not happy about having to do so, but I'm not interested in voting for someone and having my vote wasted I'm here to help the town, not hinder it... Keeping my vote the way it was would be a complete waste.

With that being said:
Vig-vote: Devastation
Naomi when you move your vote over its always best to explain why you chose Devastation over Zwet or Set. Otherwise it looks like you are trying to hide behind being forced by the town to choose. You still need to make the decision yourself and back it up with reason. Alternatively you could hold your ground and say all three are village in your eyes and why.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Post by Devestation »

Dramonic if you bothered to read a little harder I think you'll find I told him to answer the question instead of ask a few more.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:34 pm

Setael wrote: Also, Lamont I can't figure out what question you're saying I didn't answer. Can you state it here please? Don't just give a quite number -
I mafia from my phone and it's not easy to look up old posts.
I'm trying to figure out why an experienced player would join a 60+ page game and then claim "I-phone disability" as a reason for not properly defending or analyzing the game?? :?:

Sorry, I need clarification on this... :shock:
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:23 am

Post by Setael »

Ok I see where you're coming from. All I can tell you is that it's perfectly reasonable for a townie to also be unsure of amished's claim. I hadn't thought of the possibility of scum choosing to not RB amished. It still seems really far fetched actually. If the scum have a RB why not just block the claimed doc and kill him? I think the bottom line is that if I had amished's role I would not claim unless my hammer was imminent because I would assume if my role was that powerful there's a scum RB to offset it.

I do not have another explanation for hohum's being given another day, so I am certainly not advocating amished's lynch. Maybe it's balanced just because amished's role gets weaker with time.

I also think scum would have actually pushed for an amished lynch today whereas I never would have. I would have been suspicious of anyone who did. I did and still do think it's unwise to not question a claim that seems to throw off game balance. That's how we end up losing at end game because of incorrect assumptions.

As for your nosiness in my personal life, all you need to know us that when I replaced in I had access to a computer and I am now only to check the thread from my phone.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:08 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

ATTN ROON: YOU ARE OFFICIALLY LURKING! YOU HAVE HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO READ! DIE! DIE! DIE!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:16 am

Post by dramonic »

@Devestation
I know, but you let her off pretty easy. No matter.

@Pyromaniac
Don't post all in caps please, it's irritating and useless. There are special ponctuation marks for those moments, like !

@KoC
Happy Scumday :D
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:40 am

Post by populartajo »

:D

I shouldnt have removed this from my watched topics.

Thx KOC.

Comments when I get out of my office.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

I is back and thinking viging Setael is a worse and worse idea. I'm never a fan of Zwet getting lippy and I think my vote on his worthlessness is justified. Someone more well-versed in the subject than I, since I don't want to dig through all of this, could you sum up why Dev is an alternative for the vig?
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:43 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:Yes, but that means I'm going to have to join a wagon, for the sake of progress. I'm not happy about having to do so, but I'm not interested in voting for someone and having my vote wasted I'm here to help the town, not hinder it... Keeping my vote the way it was would be a complete waste.

With that being said:
Vig-vote: Devastation
Opportunistic! You know Setael is scum...
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

I intended to post my reasons last night, but I was starting to fall asleep at computer. :?

My reasons can be found in posts:

Devestation wrote: Shouldnt have to post my reasons at this time.
Considering Devestation jumps on and off his vote on Setael, an explanation why he changed his vote, yet again... is very much in order.

Devestation wrote:Can we vig already...
Pushes for Setael's vig without explaining his reasonings

Pyromaniac wrote:The deadline is on the 5th. It could take a while for AJ to get replaced. Dev didn't vote last on the lynch last time. We do NOT want a repeat of yesterday.
Devestation wrote: As for not voting for anyone at the end of the day, I can give you no excuse, and won't waste my time trying to create one.
Devestation wrote:The reason why I didnt lay a vote on either day 1 was because I was unable to re-read the game.
Devestation wrote: As for not voting for anyone at the end of the day, I can give you no excuse, and won't waste my time trying to create one.
Devestation wrote:The reason why I didnt lay a vote on either day 1 was because I was unable to re-read the game.
In Devestation's on words he said he would make a decision in 24 hours, who he was voting for, but then failed to do so... he goes on to say that he has no excuse for not voting, but he gives us one anyway.

So he decides to pick a vote without explaining his most recent decision, and pushes to kill Setael as quickly as possible?

Please explain yourself Devestation
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:52 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

^jumpy response, eg: "OMGOMGOMG HE CALLED ME OUT ON SOMETHING MUST MAKE UP CASE QUICK!!!!"
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

no, I was actually replying to Lamont's post not yours, I hadn't even seen your post until after I had already posted...

I have seen a lot of people calling out Setael, but I don't see anything that I find particularly scummy. I'll have to look over your posts and hers while I wait for Devestations reply
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I believe Setael and Naomi to be town, and Devestation and Lamont to be scum.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

^^^ I'm starting to believe that too...

I don't know what to think on Pyro though... (I may have attacked him quite a bit, but I find the way he's playing to be very poor)
He's playing like Hohum in a lot of ways... but I can't say if it's good or bad.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Elmo »

Unofficial Vote Count
(Lynching)
Lamont_Cranston (3) <- Naomi_Saotome, Rockatansky, Setael
Naomi_Saotome (3) <- Lamont_Cranston, Pyromaniac, Elmo
Stephoscope (2) <- Sironigous, zwetschenwasser
Pablo Molinero <- populartajo
Setael <- Amished
Pyromaniac <- Pablo Molinero
Populartajo <- Xtoxm

Not voting: Nyx, dramonic, Stephoscope, Devestation, Alabaska J.
With 17 alive, it's 9 to lynch. Deadline in 15 days.

It's 9 to lynch and I don't see suspects with widespread support yet; this game needs more shameless bandwagoning. If we have another no lynch, I will murder you all.
unvote, vote Naomi_Saotome
- anyone who can't live with a Naomi deadline lynch had better speak up; Stephoscope is #2 on my arbitrary list.

Naomi, why haven't you used your investigation yet?

I think Lamont is town and I really don't see anything to this Setael case; Amished's claim is bizarre, but I don't currently see what else is going to account for my added life expectancy (n.b. do not counterclaim at this time). And I think given we don't know much about what his role does, it's a stretch to say for sure it'd be imbalanced in, y'know, a bastard-mod game. But I can understand someone would think that, because, well, a doc who can target multiple people and self-protect? That's pretty out there. (shrug)

Why has Stepho dropped off everyone's radar after getting wagoned nicely D1?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

As I stated before, I didn't use my 1-shot last night phase, because I wanted to know what the town felt would be best.

I could have used it with no real basis other then to confirm my role. I never got a time to ask if the target should be my choice or the towns before night fell.

I have heard from one person on this matter, it was said that I should make the decision alone tonight, and explain my reasons tomorrow.

Does the town agree with this?
If not, why not?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Elmo wrote:Why has Stepho dropped off everyone's radar after getting wagoned nicely D1?
Let's answer that later. For now, let's discuss why in the world you want to make a decision about lynching when we don't even know what the vig will reveal.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Stephoscope wrote:I believe Setael and Naomi to be town, and Devestation and Lamont to be scum.
What are you on? Whatever it is, I want some.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:^^^ I'm starting to believe that too...

I don't know what to think on Pyro though... (I may have attacked him quite a bit, but I find the way he's playing to be very poor)
He's playing like Hohum in a lot of ways... but I can't say if it's good or bad.
You stole some of whatever ser is on I assume?
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:As I stated before, I didn't use my 1-shot last night phase, because I wanted to know what the town felt would be best.
Total bullshit. You say I'm playing badly.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

This is an anti-town post. She says she does not want to join a wagon, while wagons are the only way the town move forward.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Pyromaniac wrote:PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT VOTING FOR NAOMI OR WOULD NOT BE IF THEY DID NOT WANT TO VIG SOMEONE FIRST
Please explain how the following sequences of post do not convict naomi. I may have gotten some of the post numbers wrong. Two is the most important.

1. 998, 1002, 1006, 1015, 1028, (stalling for time)
2. 1031, 1033, 1038

Reposting since it got ignored by everybody except one person.

Although purposing polices is usually bad, I have one to suggest. How about if we get to two days before deadline, we lynch the person with the most votes.IF there are two wagons that might possible go through (one at 6, the other at 5) then we will force everybody to chose between one of those two wagons. Sound good?
steph and everybody else not voting for naomi answer this.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:03 am

Post by populartajo »

Odds are we have one scum here so Ill comment in each of them first before rereading the whole game.

Setael-7 (Lamont, Pyro, Amished, Sironi, Devastation, Zwet, Dramonic)
Devastation-4 (Stepho, Rock, Elmo, Naomi)
Zwet-3 (Nyx, Pablo, Xtoxm)
Lamont-1 (Setael)
Pablo-1 (Tajo)

Setael is replacing Mallkon who never posted in thread. Setael was replaced in page 32. Lets analyse his first post (iso 1):
Setael wrote:Finished the thread. I think Lamont is town.
I like that his first conclusion is that Lamont is prob town.
Setael wrote:Devestation is my #1 scum candidate, with Stephoscope #2. Pretty sure they're scum buddies.
His posterior case against dev is pretty good. Some debatable things that could get into the null category but still i feel a protown motivation.
Setael wrote:Seems to me that Devestation never thought lamont was scum. He knows he's town and therefore knows he's telling the truth about the shell. My guess is he unvoted to get off a townie wagon in order to avoid future suspicion.
His steph case is less impressive...
Setael wrote:As for Stephoscope, he's playing with the kind of self-awareness usually seen only in scum. He's very careful of what he says
...but still the dev-steph link he provides shows scumhunting efforts and doesnt feel forced.
Setael wrote:Really suspicious that Steph never confronted devestation, considering her reaction to lamont's statement about not wanting to drink it.
iso 3
Setael wrote:Though I still think Devestation is scum, it appears he will have to wait for another day.
unvote, vote: Stephoscope
The context is the deadline hitting and Steph receiving a bunch of votes to avoid no lynch.

iso 4
Setael wrote:So then Naomi says to Amished "So you're saying you expected a cop like role as well?" and then POOF! magically she has a cop like role as well and says she's Bulletproof/1-shot cop.
Valid observation. Feels very indecisive about Naomi claim that is somehow acceptable (his indecisve attitude not the claim).

iso 5 is a big analysis of Naomi's claim, some questions about his newbness. Overall a protown post since scum usually push the "claim sucks" card instead of thinking newbie mistake.
Setael wrote:Amished, do you have any other info/insights about the trilby clone? Any chance naomi is that clone?
There is a trilby clone?
Setael wrote:As bad as Naomi's claim was, there is a chance it was due to her being a newbie rather than being scum. I am still undecided about her. She certainly needs to be posting more.
Townie post.
Setael wrote:I think Devestation and naomi are both scum. Happy to see either of them die today.
Mmm, why the change?
Setael wrote:Everyone please go to p. 47 and read Post 1174, especially the last paragraph where he explains why the scum "don't have a roleblocker".
Amished wrote:I do want to point out that since hohum's life was extended for a day (and I lived), they don't have a roleblocker (either faction/player in the case of an SK). I will be safe and be able to prevent the reality shift when that happens as I'll use one of my protections on myself for sure until that time just help out the most.
Please explain how does this prove scum dont have a roleblocker. I dont get it.
Setael wrote:I do find his claim suspicious, but I certainly do not think he should be killed. I would not vote him or vote to vig him today, and I would be suspicious of anyone who did. I do, however, think his claim is overpowered if there is no scum roleblocker which HE SAID. Not me.
I dont like this post. This was the original quote:
Setael wrote:Also, has anyone ever heard of a dr. that protects themself as well as a multitude of other people? Especially without a scum roleblocker? How is that balanced?
You seem to be very sure of the fact that scum dont have a roleblocker. What made you agree with Amished?
Setael wrote:Any townies on my vig wagon please reread today's posts. You either haven't been reading carefully or you're misunderstanding something.
This is a slightly frustrated townie post.

After this there is more defense, some soft omguses and an overall good response to the pressure. The roleblocking thing feels off but there are some gutty points that make me think that Set is prob more likely town than scum.

Setael, who do you suspect right now?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Tajo, can you please state each person's scumminess on a rating at the end of the post?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”