Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Achilles »

ckool5000 wrote:
Achilles wrote: In fact, it seems like you're using the scum tactic of selective quoting... Or maybe it's just me.
umm lol? What is this scum tactic of 'selective quoting'? It's not like I'm changing your words around - I'm simply addressing things that I don't agree with.
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Achilles »

EBWOP: That should say ckool5000 wrote, not Achilles wrote.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by fallen angel »

Selective quoting being used to change the context of the quote is a weak tell, depending how out of context the quote is. If I say "I don't think we should lynch Mastin because he's a mod-confirmed innocent child," and was quoted saying, "Lynch Mastin, he's a child" then yes, that is quite scummy. However, if a paragraph having absolutely nothing to do with the point you are addressing, then it's a more questionable tell.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Kise »

FoS: ckool
In case I haven't done that already.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:
Achilles wrote:
and you guys turned it into
me cracking under pressure (which I kinda was, I admit)
"me cracking under pressure" bothers me ckool. If you're a townie, there shouldn't be anything for us to crack open from you. I can understand getting flustered under pressure, but you could say "I was getting frustrated by the pressure" or "annoyed" or "unsure," but writing "cracking" makes me think like you have something to hide.
Note the bolded part. They were the ones saying I was "cracking under pressure". I am indeed "getting frustrated by the pressure", and I was in my first game too, but to a lesser degree (as far as I can remember). I also said I
kinda
was, meaning... well... you get my point...

In fact, it seems like you're using the scum tactic of selective quoting... Or maybe it's just me.
MafiaMann wrote:
ckool5000 wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa guys! Did I ever say I was going to stop scumhunting? Nope. This is the biggest case of strawman I've seen out of all my read-throughs of games. I only said I should probably stop saying things that'll make me want to foot in my mouth, which I was doing for quite a while there, and you guys turned it into me cracking under pressure (which I kinda was, I admit) and giving up scumhunting, which I am NOT doing.
You said youd stop posting at one point

And you did crack under pressure
ckool5000 wrote:1. No, I said I should keep my mouth shut.

2. Yes, I said that.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:15 am

Post by ZazieR »

MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:While looking over fallen''s posts in ISO, I also saw something I want
MM
to explain.
Mafiamann wrote:To be honest newbie behavior shouldnt be excused. Id rather lynch a newbie townie then be beaten by a newbie behaving scum. Im a little bit suspicious of you partly writing me off as newbie in some aspects.
So explain why you with-hold your vote on ckool at the moment you thought he was newbtown.
Right now id rather have pressure on haykey and look at Ckool next few posts with minimal pressure and then add pressure as needed
What do you want to gain by pressuring one of them?

And why say that you want to pressure as it takes the effect away.
well you asked i answered
Even if I hadn''t asked, you had already said it indirectly in the post in which you voted. So why did you do so?
And can you answer the bolded as well?
Ignore the ''R''
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:26 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:While looking over fallen''s posts in ISO, I also saw something I want
MM
to explain.
Mafiamann wrote:To be honest newbie behavior shouldnt be excused. Id rather lynch a newbie townie then be beaten by a newbie behaving scum. Im a little bit suspicious of you partly writing me off as newbie in some aspects.
So explain why you with-hold your vote on ckool at the moment you thought he was newbtown.
Right now id rather have pressure on haykey and look at Ckool next few posts with minimal pressure and then add pressure as needed
What do you want to gain by pressuring one of them?

And why say that you want to pressure as it takes the effect away.
well you asked i answered
Even if I hadn''t asked, you had already said it indirectly in the post in which you voted. So why did you do so?
And can you answer the bolded as well?
People react differently under pressure.

Maybe I did but no one noticed untill you pointed it out.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:30 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kublai Khan wrote:
ZazieR (417) wrote:Also, what did the mod say about your question you said you''d ask him?
He re-sent my role PM.
What question did you ask him?
ZazieR (417) wrote:I asked who you thought killed Konowa. You said that you think that the Cerulean mafia didn''t kill him. But for other killing roles, you didn''t know.
Yet, in the quote of which I accuse you slip, you''re stating that a vig did it without adding a word that can show a sign of possibility, aka ''can'', ''possibly'', etc.
Yet, you even considered that the third kill could have been from a third scum team. So for somebody who states that he doesn''t know, you''re very certain that a vig did it. And that''s only possible in one way as I''ve already said.
You're totally barking up the wrong tree. As I said before: I asked ckool5000 why he thought "Scenario A" happened and not "Scenario B".

Your accusation of me making a scum-slip doesn't even make sense anyways. There are obviously three killing roles. If I was a non-vig killing role, then how would I
know
it was the vig and not the other killer? And if I were the vig, then why would I claim miller?
Because the Ceruleans didn''t make the kill. Which leaves only two killing roles which could have done so. For somebody who doesn''t want to discuss who could have done so, it''s rather strange that you''d say that we have a lucky vig.
This to me makes only sense to say when you know it was the vig, which is only possible if you are the vig or SK/part of second scum team. As you claimed miller, you can''t be the vig. Leaving SK/member of the second scum team.

Also, how come you didn''t have anything to say about the points I brought up against your IRC ''paranoia'' and your argument against me regarding ckool''s post?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:33 am

Post by ZazieR »

@MM

So how does this put pressure on somebody:
MafiaMann wrote:
Vote Hayker

I dont want a lynch on him now but you definitely deserve a vote for telling a lie.
And you still haven''t answered why you''d say that your vote was for pressure when that would take away the possible pressure your vote could have had.
Ignore the ''R''
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:40 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
@MM

MafiaMann wrote:
Vote Hayker

I dont want a lynch on him now but you definitely deserve a vote for telling a lie.
And you still haven''t answered why you''d say that your vote was for pressure when that would take away the possible pressure your vote could have had.
I said it was pressure because i was worried people would take it the wrong way and say I was being too aggressive.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:43 am

Post by ZazieR »

MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
@MM

MafiaMann wrote:
Vote Hayker

I said it was pressure
because i was worried people would take it the wrong way and say I was being too aggressive.
Worried? Please elaborate why you should worry about this.
Ignore the ''R''
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:45 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
@MM

MafiaMann wrote:
Vote Hayker

I said it was pressure
because i was worried people would take it the wrong way and say I was being too aggressive.
Worried? Please elaborate why you should worry about this.
Well what Hayker did wasnt as scummy as it was unhelpful to the town so i was concerned that people would say no need to go after hayker so strongly
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:18 am

Post by ZazieR »

That doesn''t explain why you should worry about it. It explains why you worried about it. So now elaborate why you should worry.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:43 am

Post by ZazieR »

Wicked wrote:And also what do you mean when you guys are talking about metas?
It''s indeed playstyle. When you vote for meta reasons, you compare his playstyle in one game with the way he played in different games. If it''s different than the games in which he was town, it''s likely he''s scum in this game. Or if it''s the same in which he was scum, he''s likely scum.
Ignore the ''R''
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:46 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:That doesn''t explain why you should worry about it. It explains why you worried about it. So now elaborate why you should worry.
I said why i worried and thats why I worried
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:07 am

Post by ZazieR »

@ckool

Is post 493 all you have to say towards post 489?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:12 am

Post by ZazieR »

MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:That doesn''t explain why you should worry about it. It explains why you worried about it. So now elaborate why you should worry.
And I asked for the reason why you
should
worry. Because you''ve given me the impression that you are scared that others will see you as suspicious. That''s something scum think off.
Ignore the ''R''
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:13 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #10=-

Johnny Rotten (6) - Kise, Mastin, Namttam, Wickedestjr, Hayker, reveillark
Kublai Khan (3) - ZazieR, Empking's Alt, ckool5000
Hayker (3) - Faraday, MafiaMann, roflcopter
Mastin (2) - Kublai Khan, Johnny Rotten
ckool5000 (1) - fallen angel
fallen angel (1) - Lowell

Not Voting (5) - Achilles, curiouskarmadog, dvdkid13, Mufasa, Redith

11 to lynch.

-=Mufasa and reveillark have been prodded=-
Last edited by iamausername on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:14 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
And I asked for the reason why you
should
worry. Because you''ve given me the impression that you are scared that others will see you as suspicious. That''s something scum think off.
If people thought I was scum which is what i was concerned about my opinion on others would be ignored
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Kise »

Zaz', are you one of the persons who suspected ckool? I could be wrong. And I'm just asking for personal reference.

Yet…
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:02 am

Post by ZazieR »

Hayker wrote:Hokay so.

My "coaching" wasn't intended as it was. t was intended to show that I suspect ckool. Maybe subtlety shouldn't be used by me anymore...no one ever seems to pick up on the meaning.
Why do you suspect ckool? As you only addressed him once before this post.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:03 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kise wrote:Zaz', are you one of the persons who suspected ckool? I could be wrong. And I'm just asking for personal reference.
As already said, I see him as newbtown. So no, I don''t suspect him.
Ignore the ''R''
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Kise »

Does that mean you'll dismiss every potential scumslip of his and charge it to him being newb? What if he was newbscum; have you considered that as well?

Yet…
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:22 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kise wrote:Does that mean you'll dismiss every potential scumslip of his and charge it to him being newb? What if he was newbscum; have you considered that as well?
No, I won''t. But as long as my gut says he''s newbtown, I''ll count on that.
And yes, I''ve considered he could be newbscum, but my gut says he''s newbtown. And I trust my gut on this.

Why are you so interested in hearing this?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:27 am

Post by ZazieR »

Hayker wrote:As for rofl telling me to convince him to vote for johnny over mastin in the next few posts. I do not believe I should need too. Not because it is obvious that johnny is mafia, but because you should vote for whoever YOU think you should vote for. Not because of what other people think, I stand by this belief in mafia, because..well....it just makese logical sense. It's just dumb to be wrong off of other peoples thoughts.(Assuming the thoughts are wrong, they could be right)
Uhm, no. If you think somebody is scum, you try to convince others to vote that player in order to get his lynch. Give me reasons why you believe otherwise.

I'm not saying don't vote me because I'm a noob though. Do not think that, if you suspect me, vote by all means. It wont be a heavy loss for town anyways, I'd be a better lynch than most maybe mafs right now.
Don''t like this.
Especially as you seem to respond more to those posts aimed at you, than posts which you see as scummy. Why is that?
Also what do you people think of Johnny's sudden leaving at pressure on him? This could imply scummish behavior, but I don't consider that a scum tell really. Mostly because I have already seen 3 different ocasions here where the town that left was leaving because of life. They were still lynch in the end though.
Not a scumtell.
Ignore the ''R''

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”