Newbie 799 - Katana Village (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
wickedswami
wickedswami
Townie
wickedswami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by wickedswami »

weird, because he looks increasingly scummy to me. Especially because of the counterattack, calling me scummy the moment I raise suspicion against him.

Pika has a good case, GD has still not answered.
It's just a bit fishy, he seems to be hiding something and I don't like that. Perhaps he has a power role, and we're asking him out about it while he doesn't wanna tell what it is. But then again, how could having a power role make him change his mind about me in the middle of the day? If he was, for example, a cop and looked at me at night time, he could change his mind over night, but I don't know any power roles that have a power during the day.

VOTE COUNT

(2) Mevorra - nureins, edmund.angles

(1) GreenDude - pikapizza
(1) Belili - wickedswami
(1) WeepingWind - GreenDude

Not Voting: WeepingWind, Belili, Mevorra, James.Denholm

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline: July 3, 2009 12:01 pm PST
Mevorra
Mevorra
Townie
Mevorra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:05 pm

Post by Mevorra »

edmund.angles wrote:Ok this is a response to Mevorra's response to my/nureins accusations.

3. Theory on Belili:
Mevorra wrote:To answer if I could find this realistic, I would like to refer to a post made in the beginning of the game.

edmund.angles wrote:
@Weeping and Mevorra: You don't need watertight cases, sligth suspicion is enough, at least in the beginning. None of us (except scum) "know" anything. If noone puts pressure on the others then mafia wins. So try to be a bit more paranoid (Like: Is he just avoiding controvercy himself by posting "helpful" comments.). It's not personal attacks, it's what we signed up for (we're all masochists).
Realistic and watertight are not the same thing. Realistic means it could be true watertight means it is proven to be true. And of course we should evaluate if people seem to use their theories/cases to look for the truth or not.

4. Scumbuddy speculation:
There are so many possibilities, the human brain has limits. Because I instinctively felt scum-buddy speculation was a bad idea I have to consider it a scum signal, because I believe others would feel the same. nureins doesn't seem to agree with this.

5. What would scum do?:
Mevorra wrote:If you wanna catch a bear, you have to THINK like a bear. Correct?
Well, if the bear moved around between humans I think it would be much more effective to see who didn't seem human than trying to think like a bear.
The first will probably take about 1 second while the second will take a life-times commitment to the study of animal cognitive science (and that's if your lucky :D).

3. Theory on Belili
As I've said, that theory was loosely grabbed from air as a distraction. I still think it could be realistic, though. Watertight, no, realistic, yes.

4. Scumbuddy speculations
This has probably got to do with this being my first game. As I said in my previous post, I assumed it was a good idea to try and find not only individual scum, but also their possible scumbuddies.

5. What would scum do?
But you know, I'm smarter than the average bear! :D
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by nureins »

wickedswami wrote: Perhaps he has a power role, and we're asking him out about it while he doesn't wanna tell what it is.
FOS: wicked
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:17 pm

Post by nureins »

Mevorra wrote: But you know, I'm smarter than the average bear! :D
You know consider that Belili is a Bear. He was partying with you against GD and you didnt perceive he was a Bear...

By the way, what do you think of GD now?
And of other players?
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

wickedswami wrote:weird, because he looks increasingly scummy to me. Especially because of the counterattack, calling me scummy the moment I raise suspicion against him.

Pika has a good case, GD has still not answered.
It's just a bit fishy, he seems to be hiding something and I don't like that. Perhaps he has a power role, and we're asking him out about it while he doesn't wanna tell what it is. But then again, how could having a power role make him change his mind about me in the middle of the day? If he was, for example, a cop and looked at me at night time, he could change his mind over night, but I don't know any power roles that have a power during the day.
If he is a power role, he needs to say something, in my opinion. I would be that pissed off if I accidentally helped to lynch the doc or something.
Currently in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12195]Mini 839[/url], [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1838415]Open 165[/url].

Paranoia - It helps!
pikapizza
pikapizza
Townie
pikapizza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:46 pm

Post by pikapizza »

:!:
James.Denholm
James wrote:If he is a power role, he needs to say something, in my opinion. I would be that pissed off if I accidentally helped to lynch the doc or something.
you want a guy (who you just unvoted, by the way) with one vote on him to roleclaim at this point in time ?????
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

I mean, he doesn't have to, and it may suit his game style to lay low, but you get my meaning. And if he does speak up, he runs the risk of being NKed...

Revise that. He should say something under either of the two following situations:

1. He feels that he needs/wants to.
2. He is about to be lynched.

I've been in situation 2 before. In Newbie 777, at the bottom of page 12, I claimed doc (and later flipped doc thanks to the following NK). I did to save myself. I was quite worried that I would be lynched if I didn't.

Even though I was promptly NKed, the day ended in having a scum get lynched. Admittedly, he wasn't very good, but you see what I mean.

Long story short: Following my advice in situation 2 won't save a PR's bacon, but it does give the town another chance to lynch someone else.
Currently in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12195]Mini 839[/url], [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1838415]Open 165[/url].

Paranoia - It helps!
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

Damn, I seriously didn't expect anyone to reply during those seventeen minutes. Whoops.

It's just that people are talking about PRs and secrecy, so I thought I'd throw out my own opinion, back it up with a bit of a story, you know.

Paranoia - It helps!
wickedswami
wickedswami
Townie
wickedswami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:32 am

Post by wickedswami »

nureins wrote:
wickedswami wrote: Perhaps he has a power role, and we're asking him out about it while he doesn't wanna tell what it is.
I'm sorry but I really have no idea what that means.
I even went to the mafia guide to see if it's some kind of known abbreviation, but couldn't really find anything
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:52 am

Post by edmund.angles »

Belili wrote: Mevorra - Started rather neutral in my eye but now seems a bit scummy. His case against me seems entirely based on self-interest. I accidentally made us seem like a scumpair (or something, that was his fear) so he is doing his best to point the finger at me with a weak argument. However, self-interest is a townie and scummy trait. All in all I think I'm too biased to vote/point the finger right now since he's my leading advocate for lynching.
@Belili: You seemed a little critical of Mevorra in this post, could you please review the case on him?

@James and wicked: No-one's near a lynch, stop talking about roles.
wickedswami
wickedswami
Townie
wickedswami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:54 am

Post by wickedswami »

I was merely looking for a reason why GD is acting the way he does. I never stated that anyone should tell their role
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:06 am

Post by nureins »

James.Denholm wrote: If he is a power role, he needs to say something, in my opinion. I would be that pissed off if I accidentally helped to lynch the doc or something.
STOP FISHING!

powerroles dont tell openly they are powerroles. If you consider a player scummy, vote him and push him to an L-2 or L-1 situation. That player will be forced to claim and thus, no lynch of powerrole is going to happen...

But before this happens, stop talking about powerroles, you only provoke that mafia has information about who might be a powerrole..
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:09 am

Post by nureins »

WEEPING

1. She has not taken any clear position up to now. She is an ACTIVE LURKER, as she has posted 12 times without scumhunting at all.

2. She shows no interest about the "debates" she claims to promote. In post 1, she mentions the activity of GD cautiously. In post 2, immediately after being questioned, she simply mentions her intention to launch a discussion. She expresses no position. Later, in post 3, she continuous with a fence-sitting on GD. No opinions, as in post 4. She never expressed why she was interested in discussing the talkative attitude of GD, or never shown her position about it before she was very questioned later on.

After being required to, she showed some scummy vibes about Silver and Mevorra. However, she again did not materialize or discuss them until she was required to do it, more later.

3. Her largest contribution to the game, without being asked to do it, is post 5, where she discusses the scumpair elaborated theory of Belili. Notice how she is yet analyzing, has not taken any position, but likes
to discuss a very complicated post not on scum, but on pairs of scum and voting patterns, while we are yet in page 4.

4. I find especially interesting how much she have thought about the fact that mafia would bandwagon or not GD. This is especially important, as she has not shown ANY clue on the rest of the game. In post 7, she again talks about that issue.

5. Also, in post 5, she shows her first "vibe suspicion" from silver and mevorra. No justification whatsoever provided. In my first view of this vibe suspicion, I thought her vibes showed that she thought the wagonners of GD scummy. In my opinion, that was somehow contradicting the fact that she discussed so much why mafia might not bandwagon.
In post 10, she denies that, and she says:

she claims
weeping wrote: I was suspicious of SilverFang and Mevorra before they had voted for GreenDude
That simply cannot be true. Silver voted GD in his first post. Mevorra voted GD in his 5th post. She expressed no opinions about them before they voted GD. Indeed, after their votes to GD, she said:
weeping wrote:I have no strong opinions on players as of yet, but I am analyzing.
So it seems clear to me that if she had suspicions on these players, they came AFTER they voted to GD.

a) It is obvious for Silver.
b) I think is obvious for Mevorra, because she says herself
weeping wrote:Mevorra came off as a little scummy, especially with Belili imitating him, and has yet to completely clear himself.
. That imitation did not happen before the GD vote. Indeed, it started to be something relevant when Belili voted GD (after Mevorra), and more especially, when Belili unvoted GD (much later).

Thus, I think she contradicts. She did first softly, suggesting her vibes are on Silver and Mevorra, while discussing so much why mafia would NOT bandwagon (oppose to silver and mevorra). She does STRONGLY NOW, when to defend, she claims that she had suspicions on Silver and Mevorra before the wagon. Obviously, that cannot be true, and her own words show.

6. In that post 10, she claims happily to be newbie. I find this curious. Notice how she discusses strategy in post 6, arguing
"This strategy is very much used, and works well. " showing knowledge and skills of the game.

7. She is constantly appealing to excuses about her play.
weeping wrote:I followed the advice of you, our IC, and now am continually being attacked for it.
She also shows an extreme defensive attitude, because she was not yet very pushed.
When GD attacks her, she "accepts", finds her attitude incorrect and appeals to time restrictions. Notice that this is not a valid excuse. She has written 12 posts. The point is that she is not expressing any opinion.

8. In her last post, when pushed, she makes a summary of players. Basically, she expresses no clear position on anyone. Also, notice that there are at least 4 players (silver, pika, edmund and myself) that she considers have not "shared" their suspicions. 3 of them at least (the latter) have been among the most important contributors during the time they played. Also, she is considering scummy what she is herself doing all along the game. She wants to "hear more" these players, while she has moved along the game without any participation.

-------

With respect to GD's case on Weeping:

a) GD wonders how posting a lot can signal a role, something that Weeping has expressed.

GD is wrong. Basically, Mafia Role is usually careful in their comments, as the more comments shared, the more information later in the game for the town, and the more mistakes can mafia make. That is because mafia has to fake their positions when scumhunting, basically.
But I found very funny that Weeping defends that participation can signal townieness and she remains without any participation at all.

b) GD points out a scumtell by Weeping when telling she had not played mafia this way.

GD is wrong. Weeping was pointing out how she had not played in this forum type, I think. However, I also found interesting GD's attack, as one of my points about Weeping has to do with Weeping's skills on mafia.

c) GD points out the "strong opinions" absence, leading to scumminess. In essence, that is one of my reasons to find Weeping scummy, as shown above.

d) GD points out that Weeping might be using the 1 mafia in the wagon, 1 mafia outside (with silver). I think that is running too much. But I understand his point. I had the same vibe (mevorra and weeping). Also, some of my attacks is based on the "strategy" discussion by Weeping. Thus, I understand GD point, even if he expresses it as a certainty that links Silver and Weeping (newbie analysis, id say).

e) GD points out role fishing. I have no clear opinion on that, and I prefer not to even discuss it now. I have enough material as to discuss role-oriented accusations.

Summarizing, from my point of view I consider GD a newbie analysis of a player, not much elaborated and even a bit tunnelvisioned. But in any case, I think he is not faking.

Given my own position on Weeping, described above, I find her highly scummy. Right now, Id be happy adding extra pressure to any of the two players (Mevorra or Weeping). As I used the Fos for something minor, lets consider
Wishingtovotebutnothavingavoteforher: weeping
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:20 am

Post by GreenDude »

You cannot role claim on day 1. If you say you're a doc or cop, then you won't get lynched but then the mafia will kill you before you have a chance to use your power.

@pikapizza: It's time to clear this all up.

(1) what were his thought processes during his initial post on wickedswami?

I had a hunch that wickedswami was scum. I was also tunnelvisioning on him so I started a crusade to lynch him thinking it was no big deal if he was townie or not since I was tunnelvisioning on him and if he was gone i would stop tunnelvisioning. But I was wrong to think that it is no big deal.

(2) why did he believe that wickedswami was town?

I thought that from wickedswami's reaction to my crusade i would be able to tell whether he is scum or not. But I was wrong to think that i could tell. I finally realize that and I know now that I have no evidence to show that he is townie.

(3) why did he ask nureins for help?

As i've said before, it was part of an idea that i had. But i realized it wouldn't work. So i deleted the other half of that sentence, but I should have deleted the whole thing. I cannot tell you my idea.

I wasn't trying to avoid the questions. I thought that i had answered them. Obviously i was wrong. I was avoiding only question 3 because of certain details i cannot mention. And if someone figures it out, then I will owe it to you for hounding me down and going after confidential information!! But perhaps that is your plan if you're mafia!!!

I would intentionally place information that was controversial and did not point whether a person was scum or not because I am the type of person who goes through every post of a certain person, put everything down and a comment. Next time, I will concentrate on quality instead of quantity.

@james: You just have to type unvote, there's no need to say who you're unvoting because in this game you have only one vote right? So just say "unvote".

@wickedswami: I didn't counterattack because you were raising suspcions on me. I just found it fishy that you suddenly attack me when i say that i am not 100% certain that you are townie. Also, i didn't change my mind about you in the middle of the day. I simply said that I'm not 100% certain that you're townie. I NEVER said that you were scum. Though you clearly saw it that way... why? And also, you said that i had thousands of reasons why I was sure you weren't townie. I said that i was sure that you were townie. And yet you perceived it that i said that you were scum... why?

@nureins: I thought that by role weeping meant cop or doc or roleblocker. I already mentioned that i was wrong. And i never said that her absense is scummy, i wanted to say that we could be chasing each other around, when the scum are actually not here. I never said that she was role-fishing. I only suggested it. I am not tunnelvisioning, i simply put out a report on everything that could possibly be scummy about weeping.
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:13 am

Post by WeepingWind »

I'm back now. I'll read through then comment.
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:40 am

Post by WeepingWind »

Wow, a lot has happened while I was gone.
pikapizza wrote:t appears that she has vanished ??? where did she go? she needs to make a proper response that isn't full of nothing.
I stated clearly I was going on a trip. You shouldn't have missed that.

wickedswami wrote:If I remember correctly (i'll look for it tomorrow) weeping explained to us how she had played mafia wars through mail before, so that's probably what she meant with "that way". I really see no reason why you would attack her on that.
GreenDude wrote:Oh, about post 203, I meant about weeping saying about the way she played the game. This has been verified, she played by mail before, and now it's different because she is playing on the internet.
What? I never said that, and I've never played by mail. I've played before with a group of people all in a room together. This is my first time playing on a forum, but I have read a few games.
nureins wrote:What do you exactly consider "overall pro-town" in him?
Mostly his playing style, he is much too open and makes many controversial statements. That makes a really bad mafia.
nureins wrote:Weeping, please tell me which of your contributions during the game can generate enough discussion/information about you. Otherwise, lot of players judge you as "too early to tell" even you have played since the beginning.
I really don't know what to say... aren't all of you supposed to ask more specific questions? If "a lot of players" ask me specific questions, I can answer.
nureins wrote:"just analyzing" means? This game is about analyzing.
With respect to my suspicions, I think I have been very clear about my purposes and times. I have clearly stated my suspicions when the time has come. And my opinions with respect to other people's cases show openly my position on several players. Do you have any doubt about my suspicions? Please expose it, so I can clarify my position.
I am just saying that most of your posts are asking questions, usually about other players' opinions, rather than making statements. It makes it hard to tell what you're thinking.
nureins wrote:He has contributed a lot. He is the protagonist of the wagon on Belili, and you can analyze him very clearly his positions.
I'm sorry, I hadn't finished re-reading when I wrote that. Before that, he had been very quiet.
nureins wrote:Do you find him suspicious because of the defensive attitude? Might you tell us which posts/words called especially your attention?
Yes, he's slightly over defensive, which I suspicious.
nureins wrote:And your guess is?
Probably a very jumpy townie, though I'm not sure.
nureins wrote:Please tell us 2 or 3 OWN ideas on this game. You can send telegraphic answers to my questions if you dont want to lose your time.
I'll get to this later.
GreenDude wrote:Again how can posting a lot have anything to do with someone’s role. And what conclusions CAN be drawn from it?? Notice that silverfang and weepingwind had the SAME ideas about how my posting a lot could point out what role I have.
Mafia need to be careful what they say. It is not unusual for two people to agree on something, even a mafia and townie could agree on something.
GreenDude wrote:Never played mafia before how?? Is it possible that weepingwind is playing as scum and she hasn’t played as scum before?
Never played on a forum. And just as a coincidence, I actually have never played scum.
GreenDude wrote:Does weepingwind have no strong opinions because she is scum and needs to find some kind of case against someone?
I am not looking for a case, I am looking for scum.
GreenDude wrote:Is weepingwind using that strategy?? Silverfang did have his vote on me, and weepingwind did NOT.
IF I were scum, I wouldn't use a strategy I had explained.
GreenDude wrote:Is weepingwind asking me if I am suspicious of silverfang??
SilverFang, Mevorra, and Belili. The three who had their votes on you at the time. Who were/are you suspicious of?
GreenDude wrote:Is that something else possibly my role? Is weepingwind asking if they know my role and she wants to know because she is scum/roleblocker and wants to kill/roleblock a power role??
I asked if they had decided you were a townie, or had another reason for unvoting, not your role.
GreenDude wrote:Is it possible that weepingwind wants to separate herself from silverfang, saying that she was suspicious of him so therefore they can’t be scum buddies, Oh! But look, not she says that she is NOT suspicious of him anymore.
Wouldn't I have voted for him then? That would make the most sense. And I didn't say I wasn't suspicious anymore, I said I wasn't able to confirm my suspicions.
GreenDude wrote:That is that same as lying low.
Pretty much, yes. But I am actually trying to figure out who is scum, while the scum are trying to figure out how to blend in.
GreenDude wrote:Above all: both weepingwind and silverfang has been very ‘inactive’ and now weepingwind isn’t here, and silverfang has been replaced.
Because I was gone shortly after SilverFang had to quit doesn't make us scumbuddies.
GreenDude wrote:So therefore: Nureins, Edmund, Pizza , Belili, Me, or wickedswami(my thought). Then that leaves 2 people: Weepingwind and Silverfang (who has been replaced by James).
What makes Belili right? And actually that leaves James.Denholm, Mevorra and myself.
nureins wrote:1. She has not taken any clear position up to now. She is an ACTIVE LURKER, as she has posted 12 times without scumhunting at all.
No excuse. I really haven't been posting much.
nureins wrote:2. She shows no interest about the "debates" she claims to promote. In post 1, she mentions the activity of GD cautiously. In post 2, immediately after being questioned, she simply mentions her intention to launch a discussion. She expresses no position. Later, in post 3, she continuous with a fence-sitting on GD. No opinions, as in post 4. She never expressed why she was interested in discussing the talkative attitude of GD, or never shown her position about it before she was very questioned later on.
I was just a little bewildered at being attacked for what I thought was a simple comment. I was a little reluctant to say anything else at the time.
nureins wrote:After being required to, she showed some scummy vibes about Silver and Mevorra. However, she again did not materialize or discuss them until she was required to do it, more later.
I didn't want to discuss them much because I was, and still am, not very sure.
nureins wrote:3. Her largest contribution to the game, without being asked to do it, is post 5, where she discusses the scumpair elaborated theory of Belili. Notice how she is yet analyzing, has not taken any position, but likes
to discuss a very complicated post not on scum, but on pairs of scum and voting patterns, while we are yet in page 4.
I'm not sure why this is bad, I like to base part of my judgments on voting patterns and alliances.
nureins wrote:4. I find especially interesting how much she have thought about the fact that mafia would bandwagon or not GD. This is especially important, as she has not shown ANY clue on the rest of the game. In post 7, she again talks about that issue.
This is the kind of thing I am constantly thinking about. Is that strange?
nureins wrote:5. Also, in post 5, she shows her first "vibe suspicion" from silver and mevorra. No justification whatsoever provided. In my first view of this vibe suspicion, I thought her vibes showed that she thought the wagonners of GD scummy. In my opinion, that was somehow contradicting the fact that she discussed so much why mafia might not bandwagon.
Because they were on GreenDude's bandwagon didn't have much, if anything, to do with my suspicions.
nureins wrote:In post 10, she denies that, and she says:
"I was suspicious of SilverFang and Mevorra before they had voted for GreenDude"
That simply cannot be true. Silver voted GD in his first post. Mevorra voted GD in his 5th post. She expressed no opinions about them before they voted GD. Indeed, after their votes to GD, she said:
"I have no strong opinions on players as of yet, but I am analyzing."
So it seems clear to me that if she had suspicions on these players, they came AFTER they voted to GD.
I meant I was beginning to be suspicious while we were still in the random voting stage. I didn't have strong opinions, they were weak.
nureins wrote:a) It is obvious for Silver.
b) I think is obvious for Mevorra, because she says herself
"Mevorra came off as a little scummy, especially with Belili imitating him, and has yet to completely clear himself"
That imitation did not happen before the GD vote. Indeed, it started to be something relevant when Belili voted GD (after Mevorra), and more especially, when Belili unvoted GD (much later).

Thus, I think she contradicts. She did first softly, suggesting her vibes are on Silver and Mevorra, while discussing so much why mafia would NOT bandwagon (oppose to silver and mevorra). She does STRONGLY NOW, when to defend, she claims that she had suspicions on Silver and Mevorra before the wagon. Obviously, that cannot be true, and her own words show.
I meant I grew more suspicious of Mevorra after Belili copied him, but I was already suspicious. I didn't discuss bandwagoning a lot, I only mentioned it in two posts.
nureins wrote:6. In that post 10, she claims happily to be newbie. I find this curious. Notice how she discusses strategy in post 6, arguing
"This strategy is very much used, and works well. " showing knowledge and skills of the game.
Does reading a few games make me not a newbie?
nureins wrote:7. She is constantly appealing to excuses about her play.
"I followed the advice of you, our IC, and now am continually being attacked for it."
She also shows an extreme defensive attitude, because she was not yet very pushed.
When GD attacks her, she "accepts", finds her attitude incorrect and appeals to time restrictions. Notice that this is not a valid excuse. She has written 12 posts. The point is that she is not expressing any opinion.
I know I haven't been posting a lot, so I accepted GreenDude's accusation of such. I am sorry you find my "excuse" inadequate, it is the truth. I acknowledge I haven't expressed much of an opinion, but right now I am very torn.
nureins wrote:8. In her last post, when pushed, she makes a summary of players. Basically, she expresses no clear position on anyone. Also, notice that there are at least 4 players (silver, pika, edmund and myself) that she considers have not "shared" their suspicions. 3 of them at least (the latter) have been among the most important contributors during the time they played. Also, she is considering scummy what she is herself doing all along the game. She wants to "hear more" these players, while she has moved along the game without any participation.
Please forgive my inadequate re-read. I had not completed it yet at the time. I realize it is the pot calling the kettle black, but I know my allegiance and not that of any of the other players.
nureins wrote:Given my own position on Weeping, described above, I find her highly scummy. Right now, Id be happy adding extra pressure to any of the two players (Mevorra or Weeping).
Wishingtovotebutnothavingavoteforher: weeping
I hope this pressure you have decided to put on me will produce some of these opinions which you so desire.
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:43 am

Post by WeepingWind »

Oh, and Happy Birthday James.Denholm! :D

And nice to meet you too.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by GreenDude »

@weepingwind: oh, i think it was wickedswami that said you played by mail. And using a strategy you've explained isn't the worst idea. Later you can say, i wouldn't use that strategy if i was scum because i'd just explained it. But that's just wifom. I don't agree with your lying low tactics. It makes us put more attention on you which wastes our time. James is silverfang, but i don't see how i miss counted, strange, you're right then, mevorra too. I didn't say you were scum buddies.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by GreenDude »

My above post makes little sense, should have put some quotes in, but i'm too lazy.
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

wickedswami wrote:
nureins wrote:
I'm sorry but I really have no idea what that means.
I even went to the mafia guide to see if it's some kind of known abbreviation, but couldn't really find anything
It's called "Finger of Suspicion". Think of it like a mini-vote that dosen't mean anything. It's used to indicate suspicion of someone. Ocasionaly, you see a HOS - a "Hand of Suspicion". But they are, essentially, meaningless.
GreenDude wrote:You cannot role claim on day 1. If you say you're a doc or cop, then you won't get lynched but then the mafia will kill you before you have a chance to use your power.
I know, I'm just putting thoughts out there. And still, claiming to avoid a lynch can give the town a chance to lynch someone else, like... The scum. And the town always needs as many chances as possible to do so, in my opinion.
GreenDude wrote:@james: You just have to type unvote, there's no need to say who you're unvoting because in this game you have only one vote right? So just say "unvote".
Again, I know. But some mods request that you put the name of who you are unvoting as well, as I did. It dosen't hurt to type to much, does it?

Paranoia - It helps!
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

WeepingWind wrote:Oh, and Happy Birthday James.Denholm! :D

And nice to meet you too.
Cheers, Weeping.

Paranoia - It helps!
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by WeepingWind »

GreenDude wrote:@weepingwind: oh, i think it was wickedswami that said you played by mail. And using a strategy you've explained isn't the worst idea. Later you can say, i wouldn't use that strategy if i was scum because i'd just explained it. But that's just wifom. I don't agree with your lying low tactics. It makes us put more attention on you which wastes our time. James is silverfang, but i don't see how i miss counted, strange, you're right then, mevorra too. I didn't say you were scum buddies.
I personally wouldn't want to use a strategy I had explained, because it would be relatively easy for other players to notice. My laying low isn't "tactics" it was time constraints and now I am able to participate more. I am truly sorry if it caused you to waste your time.

You didn't say outright that we were, but that was the overall tone of your post; WeepingWind is scum and these people could be her partners in crime.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by GreenDude »

It didn't cause me to waste my time. I just meant it in general
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:45 am

Post by Belili »

nureins wrote:
Mevorra wrote: But you know, I'm smarter than the average bear! :D
You know consider that Belili is a Bear. He was partying with you against GD and you didnt perceive he was a Bear...

By the way, what do you think of GD now?
And of other players?
Well I am a bit hairy....

@edumund

I really don't see any reason to change my theory. Of course I'm opposed to people who try to lynch me :wink: , but other than that it was done in a very weak fashion. I still think this could be a townie's defense mechanism as well.

I'll comment more soon.
wickedswami
wickedswami
Townie
wickedswami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:03 am

Post by wickedswami »

first of all: happy b-day james, may you live long and prosperous, both in this game and IRL
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:26 pm Post subject: 242
@weepingwind: oh, i think it was wickedswami that said you played by mail.
that was indeed me. Didn't someone mention playing by mail at the start of this game? (I didn't feel like rereading everything when i posted that, I also mentioned I only thought she said so, someone else confirmed this)
It's called "Finger of Suspicion". Think of it like a mini-vote that dosen't mean anything. It's used to indicate suspicion of someone. Ocasionaly, you see a HOS - a "Hand of Suspicion". But they are, essentially, meaningless.
thanks, i guess..

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”