Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Apologies, playing catch up as I can. I had finals this week.

Off topic: I'm seriously playing too many games with the same people in them, lol.

It took Zazie forever to finally repost her questions for me. I didn't realize she had whole essays dedicated just to me. I'm rather flattered.

ZazieR wrote:First of all, the questions Star hasn't answered yet during my first read:
ZazieR wrote:Post 66 bothers me a lot. This is luckily questioned and Starbuck later gives some explanations:
Star wrote:
Goat wrote:Why do you think we should be going for Emp?
It was just a question. I'm not sure which way we should be going as I have never played with any of you before. I don't know how you play when you are scum or when you are townie, and the same for everyone else.
Star wrote:
Goat wrote:Ok, but why specifically did you suggest Empking? Why didn't you instead say "shouldn't we be looking at Goat? or "shouldn't we be looking at KMD?" What made you pull Empking out of the pack?
Because Emp was the other person recently being discussed.
The reason why this bothers me, is because she doesn't ask why. She saw two players being discussed, asked why not that one instead of him and that's it. Yet, for somebody who doesn't know how the players here play as scum or town (as she stated), I'd expect that she'd ask why Bear and Empking were being discussed. So Starbuck, why's that?
Yes, she responded to it, but she did not explain why she didn't ask for the reasons why Empking and Orto were being discussed.
Because I saw the reasons why they were being discussed, why did I need to ask a question that was already answered?

ZazieR wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Emp, my avatar bet has expired. I'm gonna find out pretty soon about another though. If I lost, I'll have a new avatar. If I won, Ether has one waiting for me.

Andy is scummier.

Goat, fair enough I guess.

Star, you have
one
vote. Why are you freaking out over one vote?

When I posted I had orangepenguin and Mix, and it seemed like it was added up a lot of votes with just no reason at all behind them.

I don't care if I get votes. This is Mafia, you have to expect it. I just expect a reason or an explanation. Or is that wrong in this game?
The point is that you haven't really commented on any discussion. Yet, when you get voted, you step up. Why's that?
I really wasn't overreacting, just asking a question, but you can't convey emotion very well through text.

ZazieR wrote:
ZazieR wrote:In post 148, Star finally states finally her suspicions.
-Why didn't you respond right after the posts where you got the quotes you put up in that post from, Star?
-Why no vote on your top suspicion?
-
Star wrote:I'm not sure which way we should be going as I have never played with any of you before. I don't know how you play when you are scum or when you are townie, and the same for everyone else.
Why doesn't this matter anymore?
She answered the first two, so I only want to hear the answer to the third question.
The third question is void because that quote from me still matters, so I'm confused as to why you asked it. As I said up top, I'm playing too many games with the same people currently and am starting to get a feel for metas.

ZazieR wrote:
Star wrote:You have a point. All I was doing was discussing. But seeing how quickly you jumped, you just got a bit more of my suspicions.
This to me doesn't make sense at all. Kevin disagreed, which is why he responded. She later admits that he has a point, yet it's scummy to her that he 'quickly' jumped on.
If you disagree, you try to stop it asap. So I want to hear why it's scummy according to her.
I'm not sure what you are asking about. Can you refer me back to the page this is on? I can't seem to find it.

ZazieR wrote:Star, regarding the powerroles.
The scum know which powers they have. If our powerroles will claim, they will know what each player has as role and can take down the stronger ones.
We'll only know what our side has. So we'll be fighting an invisble enemy.

Is this good or bad according to you, and why?
This is bad, because you are right, we'd be fighting an invisible enemy. All I did was bring up an idea because I wanted the opinions of everyone. I never said we had to do it.

ZazieR wrote:Second, questions that came later for Star:
ZazieR wrote:
Star wrote:Because I live in Italy because I'm stationed here with the Navy, and a lot of the time all I get to do is read to catch up and not add any posts of substance.
Is the Navy part the explanation, or the part that you live in Italy? Or both?
Star wrote:Because I'm not really sure which one I want to vote for yet, because I have two.
One has two votes, the other one. Which would be more likely to vote if you suspect both?
I'm definitely leaning more towards Andy than KMD.

Zazie wrote:Anyway, yes she did ignore the question, and also this time didn't answer it as she didn't say how Kevin has been insulting or defensive.
Also, do you think it's scummy when a player claims to have all three scum caught on day 1? And why?

This question was for me? You were talking to someone else.

I think its good to have suspicions. I think it's rather overzealous to claim you caught three scum on day 1. I've thought people have been scum because they were acting scummy and have been proved wrong, but have also been proved right.
ZazieR wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Last sentence of this post indicates to me that you know you haven't answered them all.
But I'll happily point those questions out when I'm done responding to other posts.
And explain why you stated that you had answered them all, while the last sentence in the linked post shows something different.

Because I thought I did answer them all. If you could condense your posts into one and not post 5 billion things all over the place, it wouldn't be so hard to try and answer every single one of your questions.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Apologies, playing catch up as I can. I had finals this week.

Off topic: I'm seriously playing too many games with the same people in them, lol.

It took Zazie forever to finally repost her questions for me. I didn't realize she had whole essays dedicated just to me. I'm rather flattered.

ZazieR wrote:First of all, the questions Star hasn't answered yet during my first read:
ZazieR wrote:Post 66 bothers me a lot. This is luckily questioned and Starbuck later gives some explanations:
Star wrote:
Goat wrote:Why do you think we should be going for Emp?
It was just a question. I'm not sure which way we should be going as I have never played with any of you before. I don't know how you play when you are scum or when you are townie, and the same for everyone else.
Star wrote:
Goat wrote:Ok, but why specifically did you suggest Empking? Why didn't you instead say "shouldn't we be looking at Goat? or "shouldn't we be looking at KMD?" What made you pull Empking out of the pack?
Because Emp was the other person recently being discussed.
The reason why this bothers me, is because she doesn't ask why. She saw two players being discussed, asked why not that one instead of him and that's it. Yet, for somebody who doesn't know how the players here play as scum or town (as she stated), I'd expect that she'd ask why Bear and Empking were being discussed. So Starbuck, why's that?
Yes, she responded to it, but she did not explain why she didn't ask for the reasons why Empking and Orto were being discussed.
Because I saw the reasons why they were being discussed, why did I need to ask a question that was already answered?

ZazieR wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Emp, my avatar bet has expired. I'm gonna find out pretty soon about another though. If I lost, I'll have a new avatar. If I won, Ether has one waiting for me.

Andy is scummier.

Goat, fair enough I guess.

Star, you have
one
vote. Why are you freaking out over one vote?

When I posted I had orangepenguin and Mix, and it seemed like it was added up a lot of votes with just no reason at all behind them.

I don't care if I get votes. This is Mafia, you have to expect it. I just expect a reason or an explanation. Or is that wrong in this game?
The point is that you haven't really commented on any discussion. Yet, when you get voted, you step up. Why's that?
I really wasn't overreacting, just asking a question, but you can't convey emotion very well through text.

ZazieR wrote:
ZazieR wrote:In post 148, Star finally states finally her suspicions.
-Why didn't you respond right after the posts where you got the quotes you put up in that post from, Star?
-Why no vote on your top suspicion?
-
Star wrote:I'm not sure which way we should be going as I have never played with any of you before. I don't know how you play when you are scum or when you are townie, and the same for everyone else.
Why doesn't this matter anymore?
She answered the first two, so I only want to hear the answer to the third question.
The third question is void because that quote from me still matters, so I'm confused as to why you asked it. As I said up top, I'm playing too many games with the same people currently and am starting to get a feel for metas.

ZazieR wrote:
Star wrote:You have a point. All I was doing was discussing. But seeing how quickly you jumped, you just got a bit more of my suspicions.
This to me doesn't make sense at all. Kevin disagreed, which is why he responded. She later admits that he has a point, yet it's scummy to her that he 'quickly' jumped on.
If you disagree, you try to stop it asap. So I want to hear why it's scummy according to her.
I'm not sure what you are asking about. Can you refer me back to the page this is on? I can't seem to find it.

ZazieR wrote:Star, regarding the powerroles.
The scum know which powers they have. If our powerroles will claim, they will know what each player has as role and can take down the stronger ones.
We'll only know what our side has. So we'll be fighting an invisble enemy.

Is this good or bad according to you, and why?
This is bad, because you are right, we'd be fighting an invisible enemy. All I did was bring up an idea because I wanted the opinions of everyone. I never said we had to do it.

ZazieR wrote:Second, questions that came later for Star:
ZazieR wrote:
Star wrote:Because I live in Italy because I'm stationed here with the Navy, and a lot of the time all I get to do is read to catch up and not add any posts of substance.
Is the Navy part the explanation, or the part that you live in Italy? Or both?
Star wrote:Because I'm not really sure which one I want to vote for yet, because I have two.
One has two votes, the other one. Which would be more likely to vote if you suspect both?
I'm definitely leaning more towards Andy than KMD.

Zazie wrote:Anyway, yes she did ignore the question, and also this time didn't answer it as she didn't say how Kevin has been insulting or defensive.
Also, do you think it's scummy when a player claims to have all three scum caught on day 1? And why?

This question was for me? You were talking to someone else.

I think its good to have suspicions. I think it's rather overzealous to claim you caught three scum on day 1. I've thought people have been scum because they were acting scummy and have been proved wrong, but have also been proved right.
ZazieR wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Last sentence of this post indicates to me that you know you haven't answered them all.
But I'll happily point those questions out when I'm done responding to other posts.
And explain why you stated that you had answered them all, while the last sentence in the linked post shows something different.

Because I thought I did answer them all. If you could condense your posts into one and not post 5 billion things all over the place, it wouldn't be so hard to try and answer every single one of your questions.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:16 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Sorry for the double post, my router reset.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by Empking »

I'm almost certainly no going to switch to D. I am willing to switch to KMD, though.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:08 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Empking wrote:I'm almost certainly no going to switch to D. I am willing to switch to KMD, though.
Who is this mysterious D you speak of? Is that the illustrious DizzyIzzy?

If so, why are you so opposed to swapping to that wagon?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Unvote, Vote Starbuck

I don't want to no lynch.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by ortolan »

Unvote
Vote: Starbuck

A (very) far from optimal lynch but lynching a likely townie is better than no-lynching on day one.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Unvote
Vote Starbuck

I'm not sure whether I'll have a chance to be on before the deadline tomorrow, so I'll get this in now. It's a weak lynch, but it's better than no lynch.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I'm going to reveal something to you all. I am town and my vote doesn't count unless it is the hammer. And I am definitely not hammering myself.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:21 pm

Post by ortolan »

Hmm, I'm not regretting that vote so much anymore
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Well then, good luck village!

I've tried to stay in it but you're hell bent on lynching one of your own.

Please take a look at Zazie, DizzyIzzy/Andy, and Mixologist when I flip town tomorrow.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm really not sure what to make of that claim. I think it might actually make sense based on her play. I also think that's a moot point, because I'm pretty sure I actually dropped the hammer on accident.

So, either a townie who has no vote other than to hammer, or lying scum. At least I didn't accidentally hammer a power role :oops:
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:29 am

Post by Empking »

Starbuck wrote:Well then, good luck village!

I've tried to stay in it but you're hell bent on lynching one of your own.

Please take a look at Zazie, DizzyIzzy/Andy, and Mixologist when I flip town tomorrow.
Name?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:33 am

Post by SensFan »

Starbuck - 7 (Mixologist, Empking, ZazieR, orangepenguin, KMD, orto, Goat)
ortolan - 2 (Sudo, Shadow)
KMD - 1 (Tony)

Not voting - 2 (Starbuck, Dizzy)

7 to lynch

---

Yes, this count is correct.
Last edited by SensFan on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:46 am

Post by Starbuck »

??
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:29 am

Post by ortolan »

Would you self hammer please Starbuck, you are clearly the lynch for today and any lynch is better than no lynch for the town (otherwise waiting for someone else to hammer, or multiple people if required). I know it's hard unvoting me Sudo_Nym but give it a go.

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:35 am

Post by ZazieR »

But isn''t she hammered?
She has seven votes, with 7 needed.
I''m confused :?
Ignore the ''R''
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:46 am

Post by ortolan »

That statement while obvious seems disingenuous as he specifically drew attention to the fact that you would expect the votes-to-lynch to be reached but it hasn't been:
Sens (464) wrote:Yes, this count is correct.

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:54 am

Post by ZazieR »

Well, obv the count is incorrect as Goat unvoted Kevin >.<
Anyway, Star, why didn''t you claim you couldn''t vote before?
And I don''t want her to selfvote now. Only as last resort.
Ignore the ''R''
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:55 am

Post by ortolan »

yes that is a good point actually, wait for someone else to vote her for info. My apologies.

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:56 am

Post by ZazieR »

ortolan wrote:yes that is a good point actually, wait for someone else to vote her for info. My apologies.
Then next time don''t point it out >.<
Ignore the ''R''
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:56 am

Post by Starbuck »

I really don't understand. I thought I was dead.

I'm serious though I am town, but it's pretty unlikely any of you believe me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

ZazieR wrote:Well, obv the count is incorrect as Goat unvoted Kevin >.<
You guys already were screaming that I was scum, wouldn't that just set everything off more?

It's the reason I suggested revealing even a couple roles.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:59 am

Post by ZazieR »

Starbuck wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Well, obv the count is incorrect as Goat unvoted Kevin >.<
You guys already were screaming that I was scum, wouldn't that just set everything off more?

It's the reason I suggested revealing even a couple roles.
Uhm, no. Because this claim could be tested.
Ignore the ''R''

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”