Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:21 am

Post by ZazieR »

Wicked wrote:Would lynching somebody for not playing the way they play when they are town fall into the category of a policy lynch?
No, it would be a lynch based upon meta reasons.
Just a question. Is iamausername the kind of mod that would include strange roles? Is he the kind of mod that would try to screw with our minds?
Well, it''s a large normal. So I don''t think it''s allowed.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:22 am

Post by ZazieR »

@Lowell

Have you read the part in which Kublai states that he doesn''t know if he''s a miller or a death miller? If so, what are your thoughts about it?
Ignore the ''R''
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:31 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #9=-

Johnny Rotten (6) - Kise, Mastin, Namttam, Wickedestjr, Hayker, reveillark
Kublai Khan (3) - ZazieR, Empking's Alt, ckool5000
Hayker (3) - Faraday, MafiaMann, roflcopter
Mastin (2) - Kublai Khan, Johnny Rotten
ckool5000 (1) - fallen angel
fallen angel (1) - Lowell

Not Voting (5) - Achilles, curiouskarmadog, dvdkid13, Mufasa, Redith

11 to lynch.
Last edited by iamausername on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Achilles »

Wickedestjr wrote: So are you tunneling?
At 311 I was just interested in showing that I wasn't inactive, so I addressed the immediate concerns that I saw. I don't see that as tunneling because I was just posting my thoughts on accusations that others have made.

Unrelated, but if JR is getting replaced, how is the new guy supposed to deal with the suspicion that JR has received. In essence, my question is, are our previous reads on JR valid even though JR is getting replaced for a new guy?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Lowell »

ZazieR wrote:
@Lowell

Have you read the part in which Kublai states that he doesn''t know if he''s a miller or a death miller? If so, what are your thoughts about it?
I've been a miller several times before, and I don't have any idea what a "death miller" is, so I don't think it's that important. If anything, if he were scum I think he'd be more likely to lie and make up one or the other.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:11 am

Post by ZazieR »

Death miller is a miller who turns up as scum when killed.
I''ve already explained why I think he''s more likely scum for that, so I want to see your response to that after Kublai has responded.
Ignore the ''R''
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:24 am

Post by ckool5000 »

ZazieR wrote:
Ckool
, the way you are playing this game, with which of the two previous games of yours can you see the most similarities and why?
Well, I'd say the first game, because I was trying to... trying to... how did lowell say it?... Oh, yeah, trying too hard to be loved by all, and because I kept saying things that later made me want to open mouth, insert foot.

But in the second game, I was more cautious because of what happened in the first...

But yeah, I'd have to say the first.
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:24 am

Post by ckool5000 »

Like what Faraday said, "Like you played in our previous game, but more experienced."
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:12 am

Post by fallen angel »

I don't think that iamusername wouldn't be able to include
any
strange roles. I don't think there is any rule about that unless it majorly changes the mechanics of the game, so a less common role like death miller or jailkeeper may be present.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Faraday »

Less role discussion. Don't see how it helps us. Also I'd not consider Jailkeeper non normal at all.

@ Achillies. of course the reads are still valid. Obviously a replacement can't explain his predeccesors actions, and should be judged somewhat on their own play, but I don't really think "a clean slate" works well in practise either.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Kise »

@Zazie - Yep, believed him. The way the two of you explained yourselves made it seemed like the two of you were both correct in your own little worlds. You apparently did use a quote of someone else's, but you did not use that quote in your case against him.

No vote for Khan because I'm voting for Rotten.

@Empking - Why not? This post of his <-- is just wrong. In another game, you pretty much wanted Mastin gone for the same reason, but, on top of what Rotten has said here, he contradicts himself a lot as well by suggesting we shouldn't be hasty to vote since we have a lot of time til deadline, but then he [policy] votes Mastin. On top of that, he's not helping to determine who'd make a reasonable lynch (i.e. which scummy player should be voted against).

Why the votes on fallen & KK?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:While looking over fallen''s posts in ISO, I also saw something I want
MM
to explain.
Mafiamann wrote:To be honest newbie behavior shouldnt be excused. Id rather lynch a newbie townie then be beaten by a newbie behaving scum. Im a little bit suspicious of you partly writing me off as newbie in some aspects.
So explain why you with-hold your vote on ckool at the moment you thought he was newbtown.
Right now id rather have pressure on haykey and look at Ckool next few posts with minimal pressure and then add pressure as needed
Whay do you want to gain by pressuring one of them?
And why say that you want to pressure as it takes the effect away.
well you asked i answered
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@curiouskarmadog: Welcome. Looking forward to your posts.

@Achilles (408): Ok, fair enough.
Mastin (416) wrote:A miller is a generic term--
Emerald Miller is a term meant specifically for this game.
Splitting hairs.
Mastin (416) wrote:It sounds to me like you claimed Miller,
Then later were forced to add onto the claim and say Emerald Miller when called out on it.
It sounds like you're choosing to have a narrow view on the situation. Your accusation doesn't even make sense as a scum-tell
Mastin (416) wrote:1: THE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM LIST OF SCUMTELLS THAT DO NOT APPLY TO MASTIN:
Are you being dense on purpose? Do you honestly think I'll ignore scummy activity from you just because you say it's doesn't apply? Do you not even realize how incredibly super-scummy it is to even ask me to do that?
Mastin (416) wrote:Look, face it, by MANY players' admitions, I'm not normal.
It stands to reason that scum tells don't apply to me in a normal way, as well.
You're so scum in this game, Mastin.

@Redith: I thinking you're skimming. Reply to this to prove you aren't.
ZazieR (417) wrote:Also, what did the mod say about your question you said you''d ask him?
He re-sent my role PM.
ZazieR (417) wrote:I asked who you thought killed Konowa. You said that you think that the Cerulean mafia didn''t kill him. But for other killing roles, you didn''t know.
Yet, in the quote of which I accuse you slip, you''re stating that a vig did it without adding a word that can show a sign of possibility, aka ''can'', ''possibly'', etc.
Yet, you even considered that the third kill could have been from a third scum team. So for somebody who states that he doesn''t know, you''re very certain that a vig did it. And that''s only possible in one way as I''ve already said.
You're totally barking up the wrong tree. As I said before: I asked ckool5000 why he thought "Scenario A" happened and not "Scenario B".

Your accusation of me making a scum-slip doesn't even make sense anyways. There are obviously three killing roles. If I was a non-vig killing role, then how would I
know
it was the vig and not the other killer? And if I were the vig, then why would I claim miller?

@curiouskarmadog (441): I can meta-confirm that Mastin makes huge walls-o-text in general.

@Lowell (472): Hey! Welcome to the game. Good to play with you again. Why isn't Empking's Alt on your list of scummy players?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Namttam
Namttam
Goon
Namttam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Namttam »

Namttam wrote:Fourth, suggesting voting is a scum tell, you specify the early stages of the game but I think that doesn't make the statement anymore valid.
Achilles wrote: 4th seems scummy but could you state what post you were referring to?
This one and this one.
If you ever want to find post by a certain player scroll to the bottom of the page and where it say display posts by, select the player you are looking for.
Achilles wrote:
At 311 I was just interested in showing that I wasn't inactive, so I addressed the immediate concerns that I saw. I don't see that as tunneling because I was just posting
my thoughts on accusations that others have made.

Unrelated, but if JR is getting replaced, how is the new guy supposed to deal with the suspicion that JR has received. In essence, my question is, are our previous reads on JR valid even though JR is getting replaced for a new guy?
Bold inserted by me. So whos actions are you actually suspicious of? Is there no one that you feel isn't getting enough attention? What scum tells did you pick up on from ckool?(referencing post 409)
[i]~THe ONe ANd ONly~[/i]
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

ckool5000 wrote:
reveillark wrote:
FoS: ckool5000

1.) "yay scum doctor is dead" post. I think Mastin went over this at one point. (granted i think at this point it would have been hard for mastin to NOT mention something)
1. Um.... What? Look, if someone says, "Oh, congrats doctor!", then that's a scumtell... But me saying that I'm glad that a scum powerrole is dead?... Well...... It's not a scumtell, because it's something we all know... Or something.... So... Yeah....
You don't seem to understand. We think, or at least this is what I think we are all thinking, that you could be mafia celebrating that your doctor died to make yourself seem pro-town.

ckool5000 wrote:2. Plus it was something I've always wanted to say in a mafia game.
If it was something that you thought would be something fun to do, then you shouldn't have done it after the RVS. Once the RVS is over it is time to get serious.

ckool5000 wrote:
Hayker wrote:Be careful when you say I'm telling the truth ckool, some people take it as a major scum tell.
What else can I say? "I really mean it"?
This is the worst defense ever. Anybody, even scum could pull this off. It is the exact same excuse that you used earlier yet people still have doubts, and then you just repeat yourself. Why? It doesn't make sense. Usually if people are voting you, then you have to give a decent reason for them to unvote, and if they still don't believe you then you have to make your defense better instead of just repeating yourself and hoping that we'll understand.

fallen angel wrote:I try not to assume that players that coach each other are helpful (with the exception of ICs in newbie games). Given all the coaching and reasons from post 378,
Vote Ckool5000
Not that I think voting for Hayker would be better, but why are you accusing the coached rather than the coacher.

ckool5000 wrote:Yep. That confirms it. I should just keep my mouth shut.
*sarcasm* Yeah, keep your mouth shut now that people are voting for you and don't even try to convince them to change their vote. *sarcasm* No offense but your defenses suck. You keep playing the "I'm a noob" card on us and hoping we'll just assume your a newbish townie.

Faraday wrote:
Also, why are people always posting during 1-4 a.m. Why don't you post when you are awake and can give us your most decent opinions. Not that I am saying any posts following these sort of comments have been bad, but I am just requesting this for the future
Eh, I post when I'm online, :P. I don't see why this is a problem as long as it's not being used as an excuse.

Also with that being said, I'm back, and gonna read over what I missed now.
I agree that it is a terrible excuse, and I wouldn't mind the posting at 3 in the morning if they didn't use this excuse.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I am not used to all these mafia terms. What is breadcrumbing? And also what do you mean when you guys are talking about metas?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:56 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Wickedestjr wrote:I am not used to all these mafia terms. What is breadcrumbing? And also what do you mean when you guys are talking about metas?
Metas mean play style
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:04 am

Post by fallen angel »

Breadcrumbing is hinting at your role by subtle means. Or not so subtle. Revealing your role without a claim, just hinting at it. http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... Breadcrumb
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Wickedestjr wrote: You keep playing the "I'm a noob" card on us and hoping we'll just assume your a newbish townie.
Um... What?!?! How am I playing the "I'm a noob" card?!?! That can't really even be considered a card, can it? I mean, that just makes people more wanting to lynch you, right? All that I saw in that post was you thinking that I was trying to defend myself where I wasn't, and that, in the end, you thought I was doing so many noobish things that I was playing the "I'm a noob" card. Why should I have to defend myself? I've said all I had to say at the time, and I've only got one vote on me anyhow...

Seriously...
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Achilles »

Namttam wrote:
Namttam wrote:Fourth, suggesting voting is a scum tell, you specify the early stages of the game but I think that doesn't make the statement anymore valid.
Achilles wrote: 4th seems scummy but could you state what post you were referring to?
This one and this one.
If you ever want to find post by a certain player scroll to the bottom of the page and where it say display posts by, select the player you are looking for.
I think he was just trying to play an active role in the game and did a poor job. Suggesting voting in RVS as a scumtell seems more noobish to me then it does scumish. What self respecting mafia member would want to draw attention to themselves by proposing that a random vote can be scummy?

Achilles wrote:
At 311 I was just interested in showing that I wasn't inactive, so I addressed the immediate concerns that I saw. I don't see that as tunneling because I was just posting
my thoughts on accusations that others have made.

Bold inserted by me. So whos actions are you actually suspicious of? Is there no one that you feel isn't getting enough attention? What scum tells did you pick up on from ckool?(referencing post 409)

ckool is the scummiest to me atm.

ckool in 390 says :
Yep. That confirms it. I should just keep my mouth shut.
Now there is no reason at all for a townie to ever keep his mouth shut. In 395 he says that he doesn't have anything worthwhile to say, but what's to stop him from asking questions to others or simply just posting how he feels about recent events. Being quiet is only beneficial to mafia, and I felt ckool in 390 was not being nooby, he was being scummy.

He tries to cover it up in 453 by writing:
Did I ever say I was going to stop scumhunting? Nope...I only said I should probably stop saying things that'll make me want to foot in my mouth
This seemed weak me to. ckool, you didn't say you were going to give up scumhunting, but you did explicitly say I should keep my mouth shut after Fallen I believe accused you of something. You're trying to play it off as if it was something stupid you said when I believe it was moreso something scummy.
and you guys turned it into me cracking under pressure (which I kinda was, I admit)
"me cracking under pressure" bothers me ckool. If you're a townie, there shouldn't be anything for us to crack open from you. I can understand getting flustered under pressure, but you could say "I was getting frustrated by the pressure" or "annoyed" or "unsure," but writing "cracking" makes me think like you have something to hide.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Hayker »

Hokay so.

My "coaching" wasn't intended as it was. t was intended to show that I suspect ckool. Maybe subtlety shouldn't be used by me anymore...no one ever seems to pick up on the meaning.

Also, Mastin when you're on, in case you missed my question. Did you get a bunch of flavour information in your role?
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Hayker »

gah, I don't even remember clicking the post button.

As for rofl telling me to convince him to vote for johnny over mastin in the next few posts. I do not believe I should need too. Not because it is obvious that johnny is mafia, but because you should vote for whoever YOU think you should vote for. Not because of what other people think, I stand by this belief in mafia, because..well....it just makese logical sense. It's just dumb to be wrong off of other peoples thoughts.(Assuming the thoughts are wrong, they could be right)

Lowell:You said i made an ANYONE BUT ME!!!!!!! post. I have to disagree, why would it matter if I was lynched. i'm not dumb, I don't think I'm good at mafia. Hell I hardly know how to play mafia here especially because of where I learned. If you think I'm lieing, please, go find out my meta. I posted all of it. Well that's not entirly true, I posted all of the existing meta. Some of the mafia games on casual colelctive were deleted. Anyways, on with it. I'm not saying don't vote me because I'm a noob though. Do not think that, if you suspect me, vote by all means. It wont be a heavy loss for town anyways, I'd be a better lynch than most maybe mafs right now.
Post 102 was not the greatest of posts no. I even looked back to check up on it. Anyways, for teh millionth time, I suspected rofl because of his very serious lets lynch Mastin on the SECOND PAGE. There is no where near enough time to actually develope a suspiscion of people on PAGE 2. It wasn't even mid way down, it was the very first post. I mean seriously, wtf.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Hayker »

Also what do you people think of Johnny's sudden leaving at pressure on him? This could imply scummish behavior, but I don't consider that a scum tell really. Mostly because I have already seen 3 different ocasions here where the town that left was leaving because of life. They were still lynch in the end though.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Achilles wrote:
and you guys turned it into
me cracking under pressure (which I kinda was, I admit)
"me cracking under pressure" bothers me ckool. If you're a townie, there shouldn't be anything for us to crack open from you. I can understand getting flustered under pressure, but you could say "I was getting frustrated by the pressure" or "annoyed" or "unsure," but writing "cracking" makes me think like you have something to hide.
Note the bolded part. They were the ones saying I was "cracking under pressure". I am indeed "getting frustrated by the pressure", and I was in my first game too, but to a lesser degree (as far as I can remember). I also said I
kinda
was, meaning... well... you get my point...

In fact, it seems like you're using the scum tactic of selective quoting... Or maybe it's just me.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Kise »

TY Nam. I am keeping my vote.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”