Self-voting

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:48 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I think I did this in Newbie 25, to protect the other scum from being "read" too much. Mostly though, I see it as a sign of frustration. I'm personally more inclined to think of it along the lines of what Maximus alluded to: if I was scum, the best way to make the town believe me would be to vote for myself, therefore I can't believe it by default when it's done...

I don't think it should be disallowed. It has some (small) strategic value, and beats hell of replacements IMO...I might suggest that mods require a
Confirm Vote: self
to avoid the frustration-vote becoming deadly to a game.

The other trend I've seen is mafia in newbie games night-killing themselves when they get in an unwinnable situation (Night 2, one mafia dead, cop and doc still alive, for example). I'm not sure how I feel about that either, since it deprives the town of a truly satisfying lynch, but it has its uses, too...
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:52 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

But to answer the original question, I think a pro-town player voting for themself is almost never a good idea, and I think it speaks to the "frustration" people have at being a "plain vanilla townie". :roll: But that's a whole different topic of discussion...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:19 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'd almost suggest locking this thread until the game's over, just so it doesn't interrupt Mini 174.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”