Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by dvdkid13 »

well um i havent been very active up to this point as this game is not my main priority, but during the coming week, i'm gonna be out of town and don't know how much access i'm gonna have to the internet so if im not really posting, thats why
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

iamausername wrote: =treat the game as a commitment to yourself, to the other players and to me
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Sorry about my absense, guys. Real life came in and booted the game down the list of priorities... Luckily, it wasn't too big of a deal, so I'm back... Let's see here...
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Whoa, whoa, whoa guys! Did I ever say I was going to stop scumhunting? Nope. This is the biggest case of strawman I've seen out of all my read-throughs of games. I only said I should probably stop saying things that'll make me want to foot in my mouth, which I was doing for quite a while there, and you guys turned it into me cracking under pressure (which I kinda was, I admit) and giving up scumhunting, which I am NOT doing.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

*to put my foot in my mouth
Redith
Redith
Townie
Redith
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Redith »

Woahwoahwoah. Me prodded? D:
Day one ends in like, two weeks. No need for this prodding.
Work is a bummer, and summer work blows.
But I am here.

Reading through the posts I don't see ckool's scuminess.
I guess it might just be me. So unless someone wants to elborate some more, imma go back through, for the 8th time. :/
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa guys! Did I ever say I was going to stop scumhunting? Nope. This is the biggest case of strawman I've seen out of all my read-throughs of games. I only said I should probably stop saying things that'll make me want to foot in my mouth, which I was doing for quite a while there, and you guys turned it into me cracking under pressure (which I kinda was, I admit) and giving up scumhunting, which I am NOT doing.
You said youd stop posting at one point

And you did crack under pressure
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

1. No, I said I should keep my mouth shut.

2. Yes, I said that.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #8=-

Johnny Rotten (6) - Kise, Mastin, Namttam, Wickedestjr, Hayker, reveillark
Kublai Khan (3) - ZazieR, Empking's Alt, ckool5000
Hayker (3) - Faraday, MafiaMann, roflcopter
Mastin (2) - Kublai Khan, Johnny Rotten
ckool5000 (1) - fallen angel

Not Voting (8) - Achilles, Lowell, curiouskarmadog, dvdkid13, Mufasa, Redith

11 to lynch.

-=Seeking a replacement for Johnny Rotten=-

Redith wrote:Woahwoahwoah. Me prodded? D:
Day one ends in like, two weeks. No need for this prodding.
Read the rules. Specifically, this one:
*Players not posting for 72 hours will be prodded and must respond in the game thread within 24 hours, or risk being replaced.
Last edited by iamausername on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Post by Empking's Alt »

Kise: Why JR?
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

I am very behind and I apologize, but I will catch up soon.

After reading page 13;
ZazieR wrote:I had no issues with post 268, and found this part very interesting:
Third, if Mastin was the talk of the day then why just ask for more people to comment on him, why not raise some new questions?
But then came this:
And finally... you used "lol" even after it was specifically mentioned as a scum tell in this game.
Explain this comment now.
Why do you find these posts interesting? I don't see the relation, but there is probably something I'm missing.

Empking's Alt wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Fallen
Uhh... Thanks Empking?

Faraday wrote:Ugh zazie seems to be asking some of the questions I'm asking, that's good in one way, in that it makes me feel better about her, but bad in a I want to ask them first way :wink: Yeh don't worry I'll not pout. :P
Does it really matter who asks the questions as long as they are asked? I want an answer to this.

Achilles wrote:Johnny Rotten -
Slight things for him
, but overall I don't see him as scummy. 268 seems weak overall - the only thing with any real basis was the 2nd reason.
What slight things?

Achilles wrote:fallen angel - the change of mind in 265 - 267 is slightly suspicious, but players can change their stance on others throughout the game and I don't find fallen to be scummy.
You think a person can change their mind this fast? You don't think it is somebody trying to blend in?

dvdkid13 wrote:But he should be vig-killed and investigated. So when he is killed, hopefully cop can claim and we can figure out the sanity of the cop.
Why shouldn't I believe that you are mafia trying to divert the vig kill to somebody that isn't one of your partners?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:14 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

ZazieR wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:@Post 154 by ZazieR - When I said I was going to treat Khan like an ordinary player, I meant that if he did something scummy, then I'd treat him the exact way that I would if he hadn't claimed miller.
Which I still think is weird as you believe his claim. Which means you think he''s a miller, a town-alligned player.
My reason for thinking your post was strange^^
This was before I noticed that Khan didn't know anything about his role.

@Empking Post 336 - Do you honestly think these kind of things are helping us? I don't like this at all.

ZazieR wrote:
Wicked wrote:I sometimes find that piggy-backing is a good thing. It sometimes a post that one person makes that convinces you to lynch another person that turns out to be mafia. This is one of the main reasons why we discuss before we lynch. I'm sure some people have completely different ideas as to who is scummy and they could be wrong. I would find it more scummy for somebody to completely recite the opinion of another player and pretend as if it was their own idea.

Also, why are people always posting during 1-4 a.m. Why don't you post when you are awake and can give us your most decent opinions. Not that I am saying any posts following these sort of comments have been bad, but I am just requesting this for the future.
But I'm not piggy-back riding.
Also, if that time comment is aimed at me, I live in a country with as timezone GMT+2.
I'm not the one accusing you of piggy-back-riding. I am sort of defending you. The time comment was aimed at everybody that posts at 1-4 in the morning at their time.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:52 am

Post by Faraday »

Wickedestjr wrote:

Faraday wrote:Ugh zazie seems to be asking some of the questions I'm asking, that's good in one way, in that it makes me feel better about her, but bad in a I want to ask them first way :wink: Yeh don't worry I'll not pout. :P
Does it really matter who asks the questions as long as they are asked? I want an answer to this.
An answer to what? The fact it was an obvious joke? I find it hard to believe this is a legitimate concern of yours.

The comment was meant to indicate that Zazie seems to be thinking similar to me on a number of issues, I believe if people are thinking similar to me, or asking similar questions then it makes them more likely to be town, as they're scumhunting.

Also why are you so concerned what time people post at?

P.s. adding "I want an answer" isn't needed. Generally when someone asks a question, they want an answer :roll:
redith wrote:I guess it might just be me. So unless someone wants to elborate some more, imma go back through, for the 8th time. :/
Erm , yes. Give thoughts on the game other than just a vague one liner, thank ya very much.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:53 am

Post by ZazieR »

Ok, I checked what I wanted to check.
Ckool
, the way you are playing this game, with which of the two previous games of yours can you see the most similarities and why?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:11 am

Post by ZazieR »

fallen angel wrote:Zazie- Mafia trying to wipe out other mafia faction, or a vig or SK trying to kill them, then there is no longer a doctor to just protect their scumgroup.

:oops: I thought I had commented on both of them. Ckool seems to attempt to scumhunt but give up when pressure was put on him. MM seemed to still scumhunt even when people questioned a few of his posts. I thought I had said MM was IIoA too, and found him suspicious because of that.

I see ckool's posting as scummy for his willingness to give up scumhunting, mostly. It seems that if he was actually pro-town, he wouldn't stop scumhunting, and wouldn't cave under pressure. What does post 420 mean?
I want more elaboration on the second paragraph. In my timezone, you posted an analysation of each player with more than 5 posts on the same day as the post in which you see ckool as most scummy. (Both on monday, the 15th) When looking at ckool''s posts, he only made one post in between those. The list of players of whom he wanted to hear more.
So elaborate why the change.
Also, you noted MM as newbtown, possibly newbscum, for the same reasons as why you saw ckool as most scummy. So I''d like to hear why you could see one as newbtown, but not the other at that point.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:13 am

Post by ZazieR »

While looking over fallen''s posts in ISO, I also saw something I want
MM
to explain.
Mafiamann wrote:To be honest newbie behavior shouldnt be excused. Id rather lynch a newbie townie then be beaten by a newbie behaving scum. Im a little bit suspicious of you partly writing me off as newbie in some aspects.
So explain why you with-hold your vote on ckool at the moment you thought he was newbtown.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:26 am

Post by ZazieR »

@Wicked

Wickedestjr wrote:
ZazieR wrote:I had no issues with post 268, and found this part very interesting:
Third, if Mastin was the talk of the day then why just ask for more people to comment on him, why not raise some new questions?
But then came this:
And finally... you used "lol" even after it was specifically mentioned as a scum tell in this game.
Explain this comment now.
Why do you find these posts interesting? I don't see the relation, but there is probably something I'm missing.
The first was the interesting one, as I hadn''t thought about it yet.
The second quote was pointed out, because if it was serious, I''d have seen it as scummy.
There''s no relationship between the two.
wicked wrote:I'm not the one accusing you of piggy-back-riding. I am sort of defending you.
I only responded to show that a ''defence'' isn''t needed as I didn''t do what I was accused off.
Ignore the ''R''
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:49 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:While looking over fallen''s posts in ISO, I also saw something I want
MM
to explain.
Mafiamann wrote:To be honest newbie behavior shouldnt be excused. Id rather lynch a newbie townie then be beaten by a newbie behaving scum. Im a little bit suspicious of you partly writing me off as newbie in some aspects.
So explain why you with-hold your vote on ckool at the moment you thought he was newbtown.
Right now id rather have pressure on haykey and look at Ckool next few posts with minimal pressure and then add pressure as needed
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:01 am

Post by Lowell »

Probably won't get to this today. But I've not forgotten.
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:32 am

Post by Achilles »

Wickedestjr wrote: What slight things?
I addressed that in 409.

You think a person can change their mind this fast? You don't think it is somebody trying to blend in?
In certain cases yes, but in that situation I believe the person could've just re-read his old posts and reconsidered his/her opinion. I don't think it was a drastic change either - he went from saying that the person was "leaning toward scum" to saying he's neutral. It's not like it went from neutral to scum or some big change like that.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:51 am

Post by ZazieR »

MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:While looking over fallen''s posts in ISO, I also saw something I want
MM
to explain.
Right now id rather have pressure on haykey and look at Ckool next few posts with minimal pressure and then add pressure as needed
Whay do you want to gain by pressuring one of them?
And why say that you want to pressure as it takes the effect away.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:54 am

Post by ZazieR »

Also, a note. I''m now officially not a Mudkip LURVER anymore. Mudkips don''t support Policy lynches, but due to a recent completed game, I actually support one. So until mudkips support policy lynches, this will be my last post mentioning one of them.
Bye Bye Mudkips :(

(Kise, mention it, and I''ll put up an image for you *glare*)
Ignore the ''R''
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:07 am

Post by Lowell »

From the beginning:

8- mastin selfvotes [-, grandstanding]
11- kublai votes mastin, claims MILLER [+, approve of this tactic]
18- mastin claims jester
22- rofl votes mastin [+, needed]
43- newbish post from hayker [-, too newbish]
51- fallen questions rofl for tunnelvision on mastin
52- rofl calls fallen scum w/ mastin
59- rofl well explains why scum-miller claim isn't likely [+]
60- johnny finds voting scummy [?]
85- faraday votes hayker [+]
102- hayker argues over RVS [-, smoke and mirrors]
110s-120s- mafiamann and ckool argue, sort of [--, both look bad, too tame]
142- namttam votes hayker for his obsession with RVS [+, my sentiments exactly]
166- zazie points out KK's vig-slip [-, mediocre]
180s- hayker defends himself
213- fallen posts full playerlist [-, only takes on easy targets for possible scum]
219- johnny votes mastin, calls him a detriment to the town [+]
232- zazie explains why there's probably two scumteams
260s- fallen and mafiamann get into really dumb argument [-, both]
270s- ckool tries to be loved [-]
284- reveillark posts his suspicions [+]
292- rofl wants to lynch mastin, fallen, hayker, maifamann [++, me too!]
307- emp votes fallen
311- achilles enters, posts thoughts [+, town read]
336- emp votes KK [-]
344- wicked enters, votes johnny for not voting [-, ages ago, minor point]
346- ckool votes KK
354- hayker explains absencse [-], votes johnny for having "bad" posts [-, terrible, reeks of "ANYONE BUT ME!!"]
357- mafiamann votes hayker [+]
363- reveil votes johnny
367- johnny leads w/ 5 votes
377- ckool explains elaborate 'LOL' scumtell [+, clever, actually]
389- fallen votes ckool for coaching
406- fallen misses his mastin [-, dumb]
411- rofl votes hayker

Some thoughts:

I have strong town reads on the following:
rofl
- he's right in post 52, 59, and I especially approve of his list in 292. He gets points for being willing to say mastin's play is scummy as hell.
farady
- he had me at hello (post 85). since then everything he's done looks town.
ckool
- tries too hard to be loved, but the attacks on him lately seem weak and contrived.
kublai khan
- LOVE first post miller claims. ROFL's 59 explains why it's almost certainly true. In a game with three KNOWN killing factions, scum claiming miller is unlikely at best.

The following players are scummy and need death:
mastin and friends
- here's what bothers me about mastin's playstyle. Every two posts someone is there to quell any suspicion by saying "oh, he ALWAYS does that." Well, if he always does that, and he's not helping town (he really isn't), I don't know what I'm supposed to think other than scum. I have a nagging feeling that this is part of his plan, and I don't like that he seemed to enter with a lot of allies willing to get his back. I didn't record all the specific instances where everyone said stuff like "oh, well, that's mastin for ya' *eyeroll*" but the fact that they're there at all worries me.
hayker
- 102 is terrible and a clear diversion from real issues. His defense in the 180s does nothing for me, and 354 reeks of "please don't kill me!" bandwagonny.
fallen
- 213 is an awful post. In it he mindlessly identifies the two easiest (non-him) targets as
possible
scum, and even there doesn't go out on a limb far enough to make anyone angry. He's playing way too safe, and posts like 406 look like he's trying to stay on the good side of the active posters.
mafiamann
- he's involved in two supremely dumb arguemnts: in the 110s-120s with ckool and in the 260s with fallen. Both look tentative.

As a policy I haven't read (nor will I) any of mastin's inane long posts. If anything of import happens in them, I'll rely on others to convey it. I'm torn between voting him or fallen, but for now I'll
vote fallen
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:12 am

Post by Lowell »

Lowell wrote:Probably won't get to this today. But I've not forgotten.
Hey look I found time. Huzzah!

For those not mentioned above, dont' fret, I haven't forgotten about you. You just haven't made either list yet.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I just read page 15;
ZazieR wrote:
Wicked wrote:Also, what is a policy lynch?
That you lynch a player based upon his playstyle (like always lurking, always posting one-liners, always posting Mastin-style, etc.), instead of his behaviour in the game.
Would lynching somebody for not playing the way they play when they are town fall into the category of a policy lynch?

Achilles wrote:
@Achilles (311): Why did you only focus on those who have votes?
A user asked for the people who hadn't posted much yet to post their opinion,
so I figured the best way was to just comment on people who were already under suspicion.
I can't think of other people beside the ones who currently have votes who stand out to me a suspicious, so I didn't comment on anyone else.
So are you tunneling?

@Hayker please try not to post late at night.

Empking's Alt wrote:Wick: 0, 4, 5
FoS: Empking's Alt

Why do you keep making posts like this? Is this directed at me, and do you think it is helping at all? You have not contributed at all. Please say something of use to the town.

I am not so suspicious of Hayker at the moment. I have a hunch that he is town. I will look into it a little bit more later.

Just a question. Is iamausername the kind of mod that would include strange roles? Is he the kind of mod that would try to screw with our minds?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”