lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:58 am

Post by lobstermania »

qax wrote:I think lobstermania meant that DeathRowKitty brought up the idea of a cop to begin with, at least that's what I imagined. @lobstermania, please confirm this if you can. I don't want to speak for you.
Thank you. DeathRowKitty did bring up the idea of xRx being a cop, and then both of you spring-boarded ideas of N0 cop off each other. I didn't read back far enough, my bad.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:06 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Thank you. DeathRowKitty did bring up the idea of xRx being a cop, and then both of you spring-boarded ideas of N0 cop off each other.
Not what I was trying to do:
DRK wrote: Even if he is a cop with an N0 check, it wouldn't be in his best interest to call attention to himself with a post like that.
That was supposed to be a not-too-obvious way of saying, "My bad, let's just say he isn't a cop and drop it."
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:06 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
CDB wrote: wolfram hasn't yet given his view on the Reckoner situation. I'd like to hear it.
He hasn't posted at all in two days (in this game or the other game he's playing).
Exactly my point. Just to be clear, because I'm sure someone would have called me a hypocrite,
I am not in any way suggesting wolfram is lurking or any scummier for not having commented yet
. I am simply interested in what he says on the matter when he next posts.
#greenshirtthursdays
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:28 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

<VLA notice>
I'm semi-V/LA for the coming weekend. Finals finished today and I'm reviving my social life again: girlfriend tonight, grandmother tomorrow, band practice Sunday. All heavily mixed and stirred with a healthy dose of bar visits of course :)

I will have some access, but don't expect anything. I'll definitely be back on Monday.
</VLA notice>
Eek
!
qax42
qax42
Townie
qax42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:30 am

Post by qax42 »

@ChannelDelibird
:
ChannelDelibird, #273 wrote:What? Really? This sounds like evasion in the hope that someone might rephrase their question into something that's easier to weasel out of. Bad vibes.
Absolutely, yes.
ChannelDelibird, #277 wrote:Just to be clear, because I'm sure someone would have called me a hypocrite, I am not in any way suggesting wolfram is lurking or any scummier for not having commented yet. I am simply interested in what he says on the matter when he next posts.
From my part, that assumption didn't occur. I agree, by the way, I want to hear his take. CoCo too, actually.

@DeathRowKitty
:
DeathRowKitty, #274 wrote:Maybe neither of us should have posted what we did, but neither post seems unreasonable to me.
Speak for yourself—I'm perfectly happy having posted that. It wasn't unreasonable though, you are right about that.
DeathRowKitty, #274 wrote:Do you have any specific reason in mind? So far all you've said is that it's a possibility. Regardless, don't tell us what that reason is or we could end up in another grey area, but can I have a yes or a no on that?
Yes, I do. And you are absolutely right to not ask me to spell it/them out.
DeathRowKitty, #274 wrote:He hasn't posted at all in two days (in this game or the other game he's playing).
Thanks for the meta lookup, I was just about to do the same. He's due a prod tomorrow.
DeathRowKitty, #276 wrote:That was supposed to be a not-too-obvious way of saying, "My bad, let's just say he isn't a cop and drop it."
Ah. That's a bit clearer. So we drop it then!

@lobstermania
, #275:
lobstermania wrote:I didn't read back far enough, my bad.
No worries.

@wolframnhart
@CoCo
: Seeing as how you two are—I think—the only ones who haven't really commented on Reckoner, myself and the others are eager to hear your thoughts on the situation.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:06 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

First off,
unvote
. Second off, it's painstakingly obvious that my plan was flawed and didn't work out quite the way I had envisioned - most of it is in the way I handled my second response, but I digress.

The questions I saw:
MME wrote:What did your "trap" learn you by the way?
In retrospect, not much. At the time, I thought it had caused you to jump the gun. I
should
have held out a bit longer and seen who else jumped on the bandwagon, but I was too impulsive.
lobster wrote:Why is your vote still on wolf if you've blown the cover on your 20/20 expose?
I actually forgot that I had left my vote on wolf. Apologies. Hence my unvote above.
MME wrote:Would you not agree that acting upon scummy posts is acting protown?
Yes, I would agree with that sentiment. Once again, I feel very foolish for not having thought out my trap well enough. There was another aspect to it - something about watching where the votes fell between myself and wolfram - but I didn't wait long enough.
Wicked wrote:So you are saying you withheld information knowing that it would make people vote for you?
Yes.
nohandtyper wrote:1) You accuse wolfram of not backing up his argument!!? It's funny that you're using this excuse when you posted the line "I have my reasons" and didnt explain your vote either. Especially when you try to explain yourself with this half-assed explanation that can be torn to shreds.
2) Typically that argument is correct in being a scum tell, but typically that's in a later day than day one when there is little to no concrete evidence.
3) I think you know how I feel about the lurking argument. Read page 9.
1) Yes, I know the blatant hypocrisy is there. Please read my above responses.
2) Like to use the word typically a lot, huh? I don't see why it should make any difference if it's a scumtell in D3 or a scumtell in D1. Scum tells are scum tells.
3) Okay.

I'd recommend a quick unvoting from someone. Because if I had to guess, I'd say this wagon on me is town-laden, meaning scum can swoop in for the kill any moment.
green shirt thursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:17 am

Post by canadianbovine »

xRECKONERx wrote:
I'd recommend a quick unvoting from someone. Because if I had to guess, I'd say this wagon on me is town-laden, meaning scum can swoop in for the kill any moment.
how can you be so sure its mainly town?

you're just trying to scare the town to unvote you.
Conspicuous_other
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Conspicuous_other »

@Reckoner:

Just curious, what exactly did you hope to gain/find out by seeing who else jumped on the wagon?
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:51 am

Post by stuntkeyboardist »

xRECKONERx wrote:
nohandtyper wrote:2) Typically that argument is correct in being a scum tell, but typically that's in a later day than day one when there is little to no concrete evidence.
3) I think you know how I feel about the lurking argument. Read page 9.
2) Like to use the word typically a lot, huh? I don't see why it should make any difference if it's a scumtell in D3 or a scumtell in D1. Scum tells are scum tells.
3) Okay.

First thing's first. on comment 2, day one "You're not adding to the discussion comments" are not normally scum trying to point fingers like you clearly stated. It's a person looking for something to go by since they dont have kills or much solid information to work with. In a later day, if they use this argument and disregard all other kills and happenings, then it is often scum. See the difference between a D1 and a D3 post?

Also, by adding that third bullet, I was trying to tell you that your third argument was weak and that you needed to retool/come up with a better argument. Again, read page 9 for more information on the lurking situation. In fact, you can read the comments even after page 9. The others cover it as well and I think it's safe to say that that argument was disregarded. Try reaching for a longer straw.

As far as your final statements go, I had the same reaction as CB:
canadianbovine wrote:you're just trying to scare the town to unvote you.
You say this with extreme confidence. Almost cockiness one could say... as if you just proved us all wrong and this is your in-your-face moment (well, maybe not quite that drastic). You're trying to make us feel that if we don't unvote you now, we're going to lose because the scum could take over. But we dont know who the scum is for sure. Odds are the same for all of us, and the truth is, you said nothing in your defense... once again. Reiterating your argument doesn't help, but acting like it broke new ground doesn't help either. Rethink. My vote stays.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:55 am

Post by stuntkeyboardist »

BTW, I'm not trying to sound like a douche, it just happens sometimes when I'm getting annoyed.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:40 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

xRECKONERx wrote: I'd recommend a quick unvoting from someone. Because if I had to guess, I'd say this wagon on me is town-laden, meaning scum can swoop in for the kill any moment.
Deja vu.
CDB wrote:
CB wrote: if what conspicuous says is true, i will unvote nohand to keep him out of L-2

Why so scared of Lynch-2 right now? At this stage of the game a scum quicklynch would be utterly transparent, suicidally so from a scum point of view.
Reckoner wrote: I feel very foolish for not having thought out my trap well enough. There was another aspect to it - something about watching where the votes fell between myself and wolfram - but I didn't wait long enough.
Now that it's too late, can you just spell it out? What kind of response were you waiting for?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:38 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

xRECKONERx wrote: Acting upon scummy posts is pro-town. I do not think voting for someone without reasoning is insta-scumtell, but that could just be the people I've played with. (See my current Newbie 790 game with Ether).
I just started reading it (I'm on page 4) and xRx didn't respond to a question asked of him there either :?: :!:

This thought might be more useful if the game was finished, since I'm not sure how much Reckoner can respond to this. Might be worth taking a look at though for anyone else trying to figure out what Reckoner was doing.
qax42
qax42
Townie
qax42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:58 am

Post by qax42 »

@Reckoner
, #280:

You've got to be fucking kidding me. You
blatantly
avoided my questions, and that too after
two
prods to do so. I
underline
your name, point you to a specific post. Look for the question marks, god damn it—they look like this: "?". The worse part is, given your inability to read normal, organized sentences in English, I stopped bothering for responses in general to my comments towards you or about your posts, and was hoping for even a single answer to the questions.
Reckoner wrote:I'd recommend a quick unvoting from someone. Because if I had to guess, I'd say this wagon on me is town-laden, meaning scum can swoop in for the kill any moment.
Haha.

vote: xRECKONERx

Watch out, townies, I'm scum because Reckoner said so.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Unvote
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@qax
Clearly you're annoyed (and understandably so), but especially with wolf and CoCo relatively inactive as of late, I'm not sure how safe L-1 is.

FoS qax42

FoS xRECKONERx

If there's a general consensus among the town that L-1 isn't putting Reckoner in too much danger for an accidental hammer, I'll revote.
Conspicuous_other
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Conspicuous_other »

L-1 is always unsafe, but at this point, it's probably a favorable option to keeping reckoner at L-2 and keep having him miss questions.

My two cents, anyway.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

You know what? I just got put at L-1. I don't understand where all of this is coming from. Hey, qax, I went through and tried to pick out every last motherfucking question asked of me. Sorry I missed yours in the sea of unreadable bullshit. If you want me to answer it that much,
fucking quote the question
like I asked people to do
a very long time ago

When I designed my "trap" (late at night), the intention was that I would throw a vote down on wolf and judge the reactions to my reasonless vote. Gauge the responses. However, given the quick responses to it and my immediate "reveal" of the plan, I didn't have a chance to let it play out. Of course, maybe I should have, since NOW I'm at L-2 and there's no chance of me gaining any insight from this.

I wanted to let it play out... see who started voting me just because of the one scummy post, and see who actually pursued legitimate cases. Seriously though. I'd like anyone with a vote on me to actually lay down a case instead of "YOU'RE DODGING QUESTIONS!!11!1!!11!" and "NICE REASONLESS VOTE!!11!1!!11". Because my play up until then had been very conservative, and I promise you there isn't much content to any of the votes against me right now. This is the very definition of a flimsy bandwagon.
green shirt thursdays
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by lobstermania »

xRECKx, if I were in your shoes I would be more disappointed in myself than upset at the town. You are mad at people for doing exactly what you claimed you hoped they would. In addition, saying things like
xRECKONERx wrote:I don't understand where all of this is coming from
and refering to the thread as
the sea of unreadable bullshit
it makes me if you even
deserve
to be upset. Asking the town to unvote you and then erupting like this make you seem desperate.
My vote remains until you prove yourself otherwise.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

xRECKONERx wrote: Not a OMGUS, Eek, it's a "You're the only one who saw the opportunity to present a half-assed case against me and vote me and try to get a bandwagon started" FoS.

You voted me because you wanted me to explain myself; you also had no real case against me, other than "That post was scummy". Completely disregarded all my other posts. You just hoped that one post would catch fire and wind up having me lynched. So you're the one my "trap" ensnared.
Does this make
any
sense to you??? All we have to go on D1 is "that post was scummy." You say we're trying to bandwagon you and say a case that more or less
everyone
agrees with is a half-assed case.

You tried to "set a trap" that made no sense to us, finally gave as vague as possible an explanation of what it was supposed to do, and are dodging any questions pertaining to the incident. If you're town, WHY ARE YOU DODGING OUR QUESTIONS???

Your only defense so far has been "Ok, you guys were right about [INSERT BAD DECISION HERE]." If you have nothing to hide, then why avoid explaining yourself?

You seem completely desperate to avoid a lynch and I don't even know what you were thinking in that last post.

Vote: xRECKONERx

For anyone who hasn't been keeping up, that's
L-1
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Time for a claim:

I'm a "Mafia Hitman", basically since this is reverse mafia, I'm a town vig.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Psst, DRK, I'm not dodging anything. I've answered all questions asked of me. I'll answer more if you throw them my way.

But I highly suggest the town (Mafia majority) keep their hitman (Mafia vig) alive.
green shirt thursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

psychosniper wrote: As a measure of safety, an agreement was reached for all remaining Mafia members to hand over the guns that they carry on their person to be locked away in one of the buildings that have survived the explosion– after all, what good are guns to the Mafia when every single bullet in the weapon store had been cleared out? Better to try and deprive the enemies of the weapons they need.
qax42
qax42
Townie
qax42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by qax42 »

Unvote

I have to consider the claim in a re-read.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:58 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

A quick post:

Flavor please. Do not quote your pm! I want to see what the flavor is as bovine is right with that quote.
Eek
!
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

Vote Count:

xRECKONERx – 5 (My Milked Eek, lobstermania, Conspicuous_other, DeathRowKitty, nohandtyper)
Wolframnhart – 1 (ChannelDelibird)
Wickedestjr - 1 (wolframnhart)
DeathRowKitty – 1 (CoCo)
Conspicuous_other – 1 (Wickedestjr)
qax42 – 1 (canadianbovine)

Not voting:

qax42, xRECKONERx

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”