Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Elmo »

Also, we seem to have a lot of people with only 1-2 votes on them, it may call for some kind of instant-runoff voting if we can't get decent wagons moving.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Vig Vote Tally

Deadline
:
VERY, VERY, SOON (vote now!)

Setael-4 (Lamont, Pyro, Amished, Sironi)

Devastation-3 (Stepho, Rock, Elmo)
Pablo-2 (Setael, Tajo)
Sironi-2 (Zwet, Naomi)
Zwet-2 (Nyx, Pablo)
Tajo-1 (Xtoxm)

Not vig-voting scum:
Devastation, AJ

"Vote early and vote often or get the rope!"
:!:
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Elmo wrote:Also, we seem to have a lot of people with only 1-2 votes on them, it may call for some kind of instant-runoff voting if we can't get decent wagons moving.
Instant-runoff voting (IRV) is the American English term for a voting system used for single-winner elections, in which voters rank candidates in an order of preference. If no candidate is the first preference of a majority of voters, the candidate with the fewest number of first preference rankings is eliminated and that candidate's ballots are redistributed at full value to the remaining candidates according to the next ranking on each ballot. This process is repeated until one candidate obtains a majority of votes among candidates not eliminated. The term "instant runoff" is used because the method is said to simulate a series of runoff elections tallied in rounds, as in an exhaustive ballot election.[1]
Apparently this is a fancy way of saying:

"If you're not on a main wagon, join one!"

AND

"If you don't you're scum!" :lol:
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by Elmo »

I want to say this before I forget it. The liquid hohum drank is listed as "Chzo's Blood". Based on what little I know / can scrounge together of the flavour, it seems a decent assumption that the bad guys are pro-Chzo. It follows that, if a decanter of his blood was around here, they probably had something to do with it. Okay. All this leads up to:

tl;dr - do you think the bad guys knew what the decanter did? And subsequently, would avoid drinking from it?

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

No.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Post by Elmo »

Hmm. Also - what effect would it have on a bad guy? Is there anyone here familiar with the flavour? I've only played 5 days a stranger, and that was a while ago.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Pretty sure it would have the same effect on everyone. I've not really thought about it.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Nyx
Nyx
Goon
Nyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Nyx »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
Nyx wrote:
Vig Vote:Zwets

I don't like how you both want Sironi and Naomi dead for their claims only. Which both aren't scummy and haven't been counter claimed.
I'm definitely not voting Siro for his claim.
Then for what reason are you voting for him ? I can't remember you mentioning anything else.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:I don't see anything wrong with voting someone who claimed Vanillager for no reason. Its an anti-town thing to do.
He thought it could save his life even though as town it's not smart to claim vanilla.
Pyromaniac wrote: @Nyx somewhere
How do you say that naomi's claim isn't scummy?
We all agree the claim was horrible but besides it being formulated badly I can't see anything scummy in it. Plus the fact that the claim is a very important role in the lore and no one counter claimed.
Sironigous wrote:
Nyx wrote:Do you deserve to be here ?
Whatcha mean by that? lol.
You claimed innocent vanilla so just wondering.

@Town
Are we going for a majority of the votes for the vig so that informed anti-town parties have less influence or just who has the most ?
[i]"I know nothing, I didn't see anything, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep. "[/i]
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Devestation »

sorry, I've been bushwhacking Homework.

<color=blue>Setael</color>

Shouldnt have to post my reasons at this time.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:11 am

Vig Vote Tally

Deadline
:

Setael-5 (Lamont, Pyro, Amished, Sironi, Devastation)

Pablo-2 (Setael, Tajo)
Sironi-2 (Zwet, Naomi)
Zwet-2 (Nyx, Pablo)
Tajo-1 (Xtoxm)

Not vig-voting scum:
AJ

Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:14 am

Post by Rockatansky »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Vig Vote Tally

Deadline
:

Pablo-2 (Setael, Tajo)
Sironi-2 (Zwet, Naomi)
Zwet-2 (Nyx, Pablo)
Tajo-1 (Xtoxm)

Not vig-voting scum:
AJ

You need to set a hard deadline for vig voting
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:16 am

Elmo wrote:Hmm. Also - what effect would it have on a bad guy? Is there anyone here familiar with the flavour? I've only played
days a stranger
, and that was a while ago.
Yes and that is the game with the
Manor
. The Mod was very particular to point out that was the manor we are in. :idea:

Now since Trilby is the central character and the game is called FIVE days a stranger HOW IN THE WORLD does it make ANY sense for Trilby to be a one-shot cop!?? :!: :?: :!:

I mean the game isn't called ONE Day a Stranger!!! :roll:
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:17 am

Rockatansky wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Vig Vote Tally

Deadline
:

Pablo-2 (Setael, Tajo)
Sironi-2 (Zwet, Naomi)
Zwet-2 (Nyx, Pablo)
Tajo-1 (Xtoxm)

Not vig-voting scum:
AJ

You need to set a hard deadline for vig voting
I'm waiting for AJ's prod to get back? :?:
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:18 am

Nyx wrote:@Town
Are we going for a majority of the votes for the vig so that informed anti-town parties have less influence or just who has the most ?
My thoughts were just the most votes but there has been a call for a "runoff" which could mean something different... :?:
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I already linked you to a GD thread where AJ announced he's quitting and asked to be replaced in all his games. He's not coming back.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Elmo wrote:Hmm. Also - what effect would it have on a bad guy? Is there anyone here familiar with the flavour? I've only played
days a stranger
Manor

Now since Trilby is the central character and the game is called FIVE days a stranger HOW IN THE WORLD does it make ANY sense for Trilby to be a one-shot cop!?? :!: :?: :!:

When designing a setup, sometimes flavour is sacrificed for balance. Think about it from a modding standpoint. I would need to play the game to know, but you should only push this argument if you're really sure it's the case.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Elmo »

Nyx wrote:We all agree the claim was horrible but besides it being formulated badly I can't see anything scummy in it. Plus the fact that the claim is a very important role in the lore and no one counter claimed.
Bearing in mind the section of Setael's post that I quoted, why do you come down on the side of just "formulated badly" instead of the claim changing to suit the enquiries? She seemed to answer Amished very clearly.

The claim is "important in the lore" precisely because Trillby is the main character and therefore the most obvious fakeclaim possible, which pound-for-pound makes it more likely to be fake. The lack of counter-claim doesn't mean anything; I would be surprised if Trillby was in the game at all, and on the off-chance they were it'd be silly to counterclaim.

Nyx, that view of Naomi's claim seems a bit slanted to me. Can you walk me through how you got there?

@Lamont: A runoff would provide an easy solution to the "lots of small wagons" thing. Although it would make your life harder maintaining the count. I think we should have vigged someone by about halfway through the day, which is... today. Oh. Hm. You really need to vig vote, people! :P

Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Sorry, kids, but I'm going to be away in a few hours til late, late Monday, so plz no prods or replacements.

MOD: Away Til Tuesday

I'm comfortable with my votes right now.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:52 am

These are the main wagons. I don't see the Devastation case really and so I can't really support it at this time.

I think we've caught scum in Setael. Her "rofl the town sucks" post followed by game abandonment reminds me of scum. Her lack of response to my pointed question concerning Ho living an extra day and her attempt to sway to village towards disbelieving Amished's claim while he is UNK Doc looks very suspicious. All of those things piled together make a good case against Set.
Pablo-2 (Setael, Tajo)
Sironi-2 (Zwet, Naomi)
Zwet-2 (Nyx, Pablo)
These are the secondary wagons.

I can't say I see much on Zwet; his before the deadline post for Stepho is noted (could be good or bad who knows? The fact he voted is good tho).

I can see the cases on Pablo and Sironi and I'm not sure which one is stronger but from my last examinations they seemed kind of on the weaker side.
Tajo-1 (Xtoxm)
This wagon is going nowhere. I would recommend a re-vote here. ;)
Not vig-voting scum: AJ
Now this is a whole different ball of wax. AJ will be replaced 100%. We need a replacement that is willing to re-read and make a responsible decision. I would recommend they start at least from D2 (Pg. 46) and read from there and see what they think, what questions they have etc.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Vote Count:

Naomi_Saotome: 2 (Lamont_Cranston, Pyromaniac)

Lamont_Cranston: 2 (Naomi_Saotome, Rockatansky)

Stephoscope: 2 (Sironigous, zwetschenwasser)

Pablo Molinero: 1 (populartajo)

Setael: 1 (Amished)

Pyromaniac: 1 (Pablo Molinero)

Since I completely forgot/ignored Xtoxm's post accidentally, I have been a little tardy in hitting up the replacement thread. As a result, I will be extending this Day by 3 Days.

The new deadline is the 8th of July.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:01 am

Xtoxm wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
days a stranger
Manor

When designing a setup, sometimes flavour is sacrificed for balance. Think about it from a modding standpoint. I would need to play the game to know, but you should only push this argument if you're really sure it's the case.
Ya I'm certain because there is no reason why Trilby would HAVE to be dumbed down. Trilby would be a determining factor in the game balance itself (as the main character). The game would be built around him and the disembodied boy. So the Mod wouldn't dumb Trilby down but OTHER roles to provide game balance.

A one-shot cop is
extremely
weak for THE main character of the game. And once again UNK makes no sense; Trilby can die plenty in the game and is at no time immune to it (not by default anyway).

However, I would like to understand more what Amished's role is and where the Mod got it and the details of it. I would like this iinofrmation before we vig. Can anyone help me here? :?:
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Xtoxm »

MOD: Are you deleting posts? Something funny is going on with the post numbers. It's confusing.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
days a stranger
Manor

Ya I'm certain because there is no reason why Trilby would HAVE to be dumbed down. Trilby would be a determining factor in the game balance itself (as the main character). The game would be built around him and the disembodied boy. So the Mod wouldn't dumb Trilby down but OTHER roles to provide game balance.

A one-shot cop is
extremely
weak for THE main character of the game. And once again UNK makes no sense; Trilby can die plenty in the game and is at no time immune to it (not by default anyway).

However, I would like to understand more what Amished's role is and where the Mod got it and the details of it. I would like this iinofrmation before we vig. Can anyone help me here? :?:
Well, i'm pretty damn certain there isn't going to be an NK Immune Cop (full) in the game...It's way too powerful.

Lamont, i've already said how you can die in-game doesn't count.
Does Trilby survive at the end of the game, in the
storyline
?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Xtoxm »

And on my vig vote: Ok.

Vote: Populartajo

I'll choose either Seteal or Zwet. Probably Seteal.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I still maintain killing Tajo would be good. Look at his isolation...He lurking hard, providing next to nothing, and, like half of his posts are stallers. I don't like his veiled attack on me in his last post; also illustrates he isn't reading most of the thread.

Just because I conceded my point about your disinterest, doesn't nullify the others.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”