Newbie 799 - Katana Village (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:41 am

Post by nureins »

pikapizza wrote:hello, i am back !!!
i've reread the thread in alot more detail and there are a few things that bother me...
It is really wonderful to have active players around !
I was very surprised by your sudden attack on GD, after you catalogued him as newbie townie. In any case, GD has been quite active and it is not bad to analyze him more, so Ill try to comment some of your points.
pika wrote:you never really say why you are "convinced" wicked is town other than he succeeded (or failed) in some kind of hole-test ??
I support this petition. GD, please answer.
pika wrote: 1) he seems really self-conscious about every one of his posts, compulsively explaining himself even if nobody asks him to. it's minor, but i find that this kind of behaviour is more indicative of scum.
Compulsively participating (in all aspects). Thus, compulsively explaining himself. In the case of a compulsive participant, I do not think this is significative.
pika wrote: 2) when under the spotlight, he tends to complain that people are "ganging up" on him with their "charisma". plays the newbie card really heavily (i think there were 4 instances where he remarked that he was really confused, and sometimes that was the entire post)
He is not "playing" the newbie card, because he is not defending his mistakes with the excuse "i am a newbie", or at least, not so much compared to his level of activity. Unless you show he is faking, that I dont think is the case.
pika wrote: 3) Greendude has gotten a little quiet recently. whats up Greendude? :!:
Agreed. GD, this is a learning game. Go on participating and try to scumhunt the best you can.
pika wrote:i think you are scummy because you have complied to all my wishes as you are trying very hard to appease the town in order to fit in better like the sneaky scum you are !!! furthermore you fabricate a case in order to cast suspicion elsewhere !! and so on !!!
you get the idea i think ...
Do you consider him your top scum? Pardon me, but I am a bit confused about your suspicions.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:58 am

Post by nureins »

MEVORRA

In his first posts, he is cautious and making technical comments about the game.
Edmund asks him to say something controversial. His first post after that includes his first contribution, he votes GD.
At that moment, Mevorra starts rising his level of attack to GD, first with the illogical words/attacks of GD and later with a scumpair theory.
He devotes lot of posts to discuss this theory, and notice how until june 15th, GD is the only protagonist of his thread words (rest of comments are always related to GD).

In page 5, Edmund starts a serious attack on Belili (part of it based on the weak attack on GD).
In post 124, I analyze GD and find the attacks on him weak.
In post 125, GD says without any justification that Mevorra and Belili were "teaming up" against him.

After all these posts, Mevorra directly unvotes GD and declares that his attack was based on a theory without foundation. Moreover, he just says that GD is correct in saying that the attack on GD was just about irrationality. What I find more interesting is the following. He says
mevorra wrote:To be honest, my suspicions of GD have been based on a theory that has no foundation. I've had a feeling in my guts about you, but quite frankly, it's disappeared. I have other suspicions at the moment, not directed towards you, but I want to read through the game once more before I "publish" my thoughts.

Greendude is right when he says our cases against him are based on irrationality, and I feel it's a stupid idea to get GD lynched early because of a hunch, as he is without doubt the most talkative participant.
So, Mevorra

a) declares to have new suspects that he is going to publish after a re-read.
b) declares that he wants to read through the game once more before he "publishes" his thoughts.
( c) declares that it is not nice to lynch a high contributor just for a hunch )

However, might you accompany Mevorra to his next post? Look at it.

9 minutes later, Mevorra posts. Look at it. It is 9 minutes later simply. Think of that. Imagine you are a townie, and that you have been attacking a player (GD) for several days. You have had your mind dedicated to him for several days, You
are probably tunnelvisioning him a bit. Suddenly, you unvote him and recognize your case is bad. Well, even if you believe that is possible (I think is more natural what Belili did, admitting he is yet suspicious of GD), to accept that your case was bad and unvoting, you have had to think a lot about the game. And about the alternatives. So, you probably "publish" your new ideas and suspects in the same post. But let's assume that Mevorra is townie but he wants to re-read the game to write in better detail what he suspects. Is it that what Mevorra is doing?

NO. He re-reads in 9 minutes the post, contradicting b) in my opinion. He comes with no suspects. Look what he says. He just cautiously asks me to contribute more. He even says that this is not scum behavior!
Where are his new suspects? He is contradicting a) clearly. He has shown no new suspect and has published nothing. And notice that he QUOTES HIMSELF in this post, as demonstrating that this second post is completing the task of providing his new ideas after re-reading the game.

In my opinion, he just admitted to be wrong on GD as a result of the pressure (on him and on belili). He fakedly said that he had new suspects, and skimmed for 9 minutes to get anything. He however was terribly cautious in exposing that his accusation was not of scum behavior. Just a petition then. But he contradicted this way with his previous post.

As an aside, by the way, I do think my level of contribution is high. So probably, he is also contradicting c) (well, he is not, because he does not want to lynch me, he clearly has no suspects now, and the a) contradiction is the strong one).

Look how only one day later, once he has been asked to contribute by giving opinions of players (by Pika, if I read correctly), he gives opinions on lot of players. And look how he is not suspicious of no one in particular. Where are his announced suspects? It is only later that he comes with the Belili theory. But obviously, this theory has been constructed very lately. Because it rests on Belili having some "bad intentions" in his unvote. Thus, this theory was not at the moment in which Mevorra unvoted.

It is just a new theory to put pressure on Belili, thus making Belili the protagonist of the Mevorra-Belili show.

vote:Mevorra
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:00 am

Post by WeepingWind »

Here are some brief summaries of my impressions so far. I wish I could post more, but
V/LA June 18-20

SilverFang: Appeared evasive and nonactive, which turned out to be work issues. Also seemed to lash out whenever his actions were questioned. My suspicions may have been unfounded. I look forward to hearing from his replacement.

GreenDude: He has been one of the top contributors. His posts seem impromptu and uncollected, part of the reason for the many posts, though he seems to have an idea of what he is doing. He has not explained his strategy or the reasoning behind his sometimes odd actions, but overall he seems pro-town. I would like him to explain his suspicions more deeply.

pikapizza: Has been very analytical and questioning and helped direct the flow of the dialouge. Entering late into the game, he has not shared many of his suspicions. Too early to tell.

nureins: A good IC. The majority of his posts have just been analyzing and or instructing. Even when repeatedly asked, he hasn't shared his suspicions.

edmund.angles: He has kept more to the sidelines. He has been helpful but not overly active, posting comments on others' opinions, but not really any of his own. I would like to hear more from him.

Mevorra: A little uptight and defensive, I find him suspicious. But on re-reading, his theory of wickedswami and GreenDude seems logical. They had both criticized and attacked each other and consequently found each other innocent.

wickedswami: I am assuming the No Lynch vote was just a newbie thing, but it's still something to consider. Also was overly worried with 2 votes. Either a naive townsperson, or an incompetant mafia.

Belili: Not many posts, but seems to base opinions off of others, rather that forming his own ideas. His posts seem rushed.

I'm leaving in a few minutes, I hope to hear responses from you all when I get back. :D
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by GreenDude »

I haven't posted recently because I didn't know what to type. And right now I need to go. I'll post later. I've got lots of things to say...
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by GreenDude »

Firstly, this is my first game of mafia, EVER. And I didn't realize how tough it was and how when replacements come by they don't understand what you've typed and so on. I've learned that one post a long long time ago that was typed in a hurry could come back and haunt you millions of years later. No exageration. I didn't understand how the game worked, and since I hadn't been near lynch I thought it was no biggy. I was wrong. And I typed many of my thoughts, and now I'm embarrassed whenever you mention the trap and stuff. It was silly and stupid. I finally understand the game and I what I'm really saying is, "Let bye gones be bye gones. :D "

@mod:I will not be here from July 3rd/4th on...
[/s]
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by Tenchi »

GreenDude wrote:
@mod:I will not be here from July 3rd/4th on...
[/s]
WeepingWind wrote:I wish I could post more, but
V/LA June 18-20
Noted. Please make sure you have cast (or uncast) your vote before the deadline. If you have night actions, make sure you have the time to submit them.

VOTE COUNT

(3) Belili - edmund.angles, wickedswami, Mevorra

(1) GreenDude - James.Denholm
(1) Mevorra - nureins

Not Voting: pikapizza, WeepingWind, GreenDude, Belili

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline: July 3, 2009 12:01 pm PST
Last edited by Tenchi on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

/me pokes head around door.

Hey all, I'm here to replace... SilverFang.

Don't mind me, I'll just go back and re-read the topic. I'll probably be ready to jump into the scumhunt on Saturday, though note that my 17th Birthday is on Sunday... Just a fore-warning.

But after that, I'll be going at this game, all cylinders firing, trust me.
Currently in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12195]Mini 839[/url], [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1838415]Open 165[/url].

Paranoia - It helps!
pikapizza
pikapizza
Townie
pikapizza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by pikapizza »

welcome james.Denholm !!!!

here are a few brief responses before i do a more careful analysis of the replies.

:!:
nureins

my stance towards mevorra is fairly neutral at the moment, but i'll look into your case when i have time later. my "attack" was actually a joke in order to show how almost anyone's actions can be interpreted from a scum perspective, and that his "theory" against Belili held no water.

WeepingWind

why do you think nureins doesn't share his suspicions ?? isn't that what he's been doing the whole time?

Greendude

"Let bye gones be bye gones." is not a proper answer either.... just answer the questions...
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by edmund.angles »

Sorry I haven't posted so much lately, since I tunnelvisioned on Belili I have been questioning my judgement a little bit. I think he might just be over-eager when he finally had time for the game.
Unvote

I'll review nureins case on Mevorra in my next post.

@Weeping: Wasn't my case on Belili a step off the 'sidelines'?
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Post by nureins »

WeepingWind wrote: (silver) I look forward to hearing from his replacement.
QFT
weeping wrote: (GD) but overall he seems pro-town.
What do you exactly consider "overall pro-town" in him?
weeping wrote: (pika) Too early to tell.
Weeping, please tell me which of your contributions during the game can generate enough discussion/information about you. Otherwise, lot of players judge you as "too early to tell" even you have played since the beginning.
weeping wrote: (nur) A good IC. The majority of his posts have just been analyzing and or instructing. Even when repeatedly asked, he hasn't shared his suspicions.
"just analyzing" means? This game is about analyzing.
With respect to my suspicions, I think I have been very clear about my purposes and times. I have clearly stated my suspicions when the time has come. And my opinions with respect to other people's cases show openly my position on several players. Do you have any doubt about my suspicions? Please expose it, so I can clarify my position.
weeping wrote: (edmund) He has kept more to the sidelines. He has been helpful but not overly active, posting comments on others' opinions, but not really any of his own. I would like to hear more from him.
He has contributed a lot. He is the protagonist of the wagon on Belili, and you can analyze him very clearly his positions.
weeping wrote: (mevorra) A little uptight and defensive, I find him suspicious. But on re-reading, his theory of wickedswami and GreenDude seems logical. They had both criticized and attacked each other and consequently found each other innocent.
Do you find him suspicious because of the defensive attitude? Might you tell us which posts/words called especially your attention?
weeping wrote: (wicked) I am assuming the No Lynch vote was just a newbie thing, but it's still something to consider. Also was overly worried with 2 votes. Either a naive townsperson, or an incompetant mafia.
And your guess is?
weeping wrote: (belili) Not many posts, but seems to base opinions off of others, rather that forming his own ideas.
Please tell us 2 or 3 OWN ideas on this game. You can send telegraphic answers to my questions if you dont want to lose your time.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Post by nureins »

edmund.angles wrote:Sorry I haven't posted so much lately, since I tunnelvisioned on Belili I have been questioning my judgement a little bit. I think he might just be over-eager when he finally had time for the game.
Unvote
Please dedicate some of your time to tell us why your position on Belili changed, too. It is odd that you have your own case, take initiative, receive positive attention, collect some votes and feedback about your case, no clear opposition and suddenly, you decide to stop attacking him.
Mevorra
Mevorra
Townie
Mevorra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:22 am

Post by Mevorra »

As a quick answer to nureins large post against me (I've just a few minutes before I have to go) I want to say a few things.

You're wrong about the 9-minutes-thing. As you can see in post 127 it was a very short post, and I mainly just unvoted and told you that I had a new theory. I already knew that I was going to "theorize" against you, but I wanted to skim, yes skim, through all your posts again, to see if I considered there to be any personal opinions there. This didn't take long, and 9 minutes is a long time to read through one persons posts.

And also, you're once again wrong in why I decided to unvote GD. I couldn't care less whether there were only my vote or 3 other peoples votes against GD back there, because I'm not newbie enough to believe that anyone would just be insta-lynched, especially not one active participant as GD were at the time.
I decided to unvote because I realized that there was no real "proof" to my theory, only a feeling, and since I already had the theory concerning you in mind, I decided to drop the current lead, and go for the next one.

And about the Belili thing:
I consider the behaviour of Belili VERY suspicious. When Belili dropped his vote against GD in what seemed to be a response of me doing so, he kind of increased the suspicion about me, and a few of you were already quite suspicious of me. Doing this, he put me in a situation that I really did not want to be in, and I think a scum would recognize such a situation. So why did I vote against Belili:
He did something that seemed extremely scummish to me.
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:05 am

Post by Belili »

Mevorra wrote:And about the Belili thing:
I consider the behaviour of Belili VERY suspicious. When Belili dropped his vote against GD in what seemed to be a response of me doing so, he kind of increased the suspicion about me, and a few of you were already quite suspicious of me. Doing this, he put me in a situation that I really did not want to be in, and I think a scum would recognize such a situation. So why did I vote against Belili:
How was anyone "very suspicious" about you? Am I missing this in the thread somewhere?

It was not in response to you doing so... do I have to wait 2 pages before unvoting if I want to unvote just because you beat me to the punch? That's scum strategy...

It seems you're accusing me of coming off suspicious but have no plausible reason for me
actually
being scum.

This trying-to-make-you-look-bad theory is a huge stretch. First of all, if anything it made ME look bad as you said yourself. Second, to reiterate this theory is a much bigger stretch than the ones you have discredited from my posts.

It seems everyone is really accusing me of being a bad townie. This may be the case but that's not a good reason for a lynch when we have only 3 chances to get this right.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:27 am

Post by nureins »

I summarize in order to discuss my points. Please feel free to expose if any of my points is incorrect.

1. Mevorra claims now that he had a new theory when he unvoted GD.

Notice the words of Mevorra when he unvoted.
It is not "a theory" what he had. He had SUSPICIONS. That is important.
mevorra wrote: I have other
suspicions
at the moment, not directed towards you, but I want to read through the game once more before I "publish" my thoughts.
2. Mevorra claims now that he read the thread, skimmed my posts and wrote the post during these 9 minutes.

In my opinion, reading 16 posts of Nureins the compulsive writer, some of which are terribly long, giving form to a new "theory" and writting this down in 9 minutes sounds a little bit of improvisation. The skim was really extreme...I maintain my view that he felt forced to unvote because of the pressure and decided to announce new suspects not to appear suspicious.
And given the evolution of the game, I find this scummy.

3. Mevorra claims now that his theory was materialized in the subsequent post.

Look at these words. Cautious petition to someone, not even considering that action scummy.
mevorra wrote:nureins. You've posted plenty of large and analysing posts of thoughtful comments, but we have yet to hear what you actually think!
So far, you've only stated the obvious and summarised.
I'm not saying this is scum behaviour
, but it would be easier for us, I think, to know where we have you, if you post some thoughts and suspicions instead of reviews of the game so far.
Notice how he does not accuse me of anything. He says that he is not saying that is a scum behavior. He just finds "easier" for the rest of people that I participate giving thoughts and suspicions.
Where are the SUSPICIONS that he announced in the previous post?
I think he just found any excuse to skim-accuse any player in combination with his unvote. Notice how this "theory" and "suspicions" did not evolve at all. Someone immediately pointed out that his words were not correct actually, and then he moved to Belili.

Also, look Mevorra's words on the unvote and his new theories.
mevorra wrote: I decided to unvote because I realized that there was no real "proof" to my theory, only a feeling, and since I already had the theory concerning you in mind, I decided to drop the current lead, and go for the next one.
Look how he puts to the same level the "feeling theory" on GD and his new "theory" on me. But this is totally inconsistent. He had been attacking GD fiercely, even creating theories about who the scumpair could be, voting to L-2, wagonning intensely before Edmund started to defend somehow GD.
What is his new theory? According to his post, just something he didnt consider scummy. He didnt push me at all, nor vote me, nor pursued any wagon of any kind. These two theories are very different. And the "theory" on GD, that fierce attack, was really fierce until the last moment. He never softened this attack until there was some external pressure against the attackers.
Simply came, unvoted, relaxed his fierce attack to the category of "feeling", and promoted an even softer "feeling theory" that he catalogued as non-scummy even.

I do not really like the explanation of Mevorra.

With respect to the Belili's reason to be scummy:
mevorra wrote:he kind of increased the suspicion about me, and a few of you were already quite suspicious of me. Doing this, he put me in a situation that I really did not want to be in, and I think a scum would recognize such a situation. So why did I vote against Belili:
I really do not buy this. Belili attracted all the attention of the wagon initially. According to Mevorra:
mevorra wrote:I'm guessing that if you were so sure Belili was the scum, you would not vote against him, but against me.
Really? Come on, if Belili attracted all this attention to himself and made us believe that he is scum, what would we do? vote him and lynch him. So easily. It is really curious that Mevorra considers that Belili acted "scummy" voluntarily to implicate him. This is really very unlikely.

I think more likely the theory according to which Mevorra saw that attention was redirected to both him and belili. And, seeing that he was gonna get some vote (mine was more or less announced), he decided to unbalance the situation by putting an L-2 vote on Belili and making the game to be focused on him. And, given my previous observations on him, I also find this scummy.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:04 am

Post by GreenDude »

pikapizza wrote:Greendude wrote:
When I posted that reply I was being rushed and I was more rather saying my thoughts aloud. Now that I read it myself, I does said very scummy.
that's not an answer.......
can you please expand on your thought processes at the time?
I didn't understand the game because this was my first game. I didn't understand the game, and how people don't want to be lynched as I had never been close to being lynched. I've said this before.

pikapizza wrote:Greendude wrote:
I posted that to see whether wickedswami is scum or not.
this is too vague. (we do everything in order to see if people are scum or not !!!)
NO, we do not do EVERTHING to see if people are scum or not, we sometimes defend are selves against others, and often times need to repeat ourselves hundreds of times!!
im curious about specifically what conclusions you got from that. you never really say why you are "convinced" wicked is town other than he succeeded (or failed) in some kind of hole-test ??
There was NO hole-test. It was a STUPID idea which proved NOTHING. If I could i would've deleted those posts. My conclusions are that wickedswami is townie. I think so because of reasons hard to explain without writing a page of meaningless glob glob which no one would read anyway. But you can think whatever you want, I'll go on thinking wickedswami is townie until my replacement changes his mind. [/quote]
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Belili »

Hmmm okay since there are still two votes on me I'll keep talking - hopefully clear up whatever confusion exists.

Neurins - I don't have any suspicions at all with him so far. Mainly because I am a townie (I know, only I know this) and he could easily have bandwagoned and killed me but instead thoughtfully rebutted prior arguments.

Mevorra - Started rather neutral in my eye but now seems a bit scummy. His case against me seems entirely based on self-interest. I accidentally made us seem like a scumpair (or something, that was his fear) so he is doing his best to point the finger at me with a weak argument. However, self-interest is a townie and scummy trait. All in all I think I'm too biased to vote/point the finger right now since he's my leading advocate for lynching.

Edmund - Has been a bit quiet. He was the first to unvote me... giving me reasons to think he's a townie. Again, bandwagoning would have been easy at this point.

Pizza - I need to hear more to come to any opinion. BUT he was opposed to a bandwagon against me. Again, it could have been easy.

James-Denholm - Again, I need to hear more.

Greendude - Started talkative but faded into the distance when the feces hit the fan. I understand that though... kind of what my instincts were telling me to do when I had 3 votes even though I'm a townie. IDK - still seems a bit strange but then again... I think at this point I've made more "mistakes" than he has.

Everyone else - Not quite sure.

So right now I hold the opinion on NOT neurins, edmund, pizza, or obviously myself as scum.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:19 am

Post by nureins »

GreenDude wrote:My conclusions are that wickedswami is townie. I think so because of reasons hard to explain without writing a page of meaningless glob glob which no one would read anyway.
I will read that page. Please write it.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:46 am

Post by GreenDude »

@nureins: I knew you'd say that. :\
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:50 am

Post by GreenDude »

@nureins: The page of stuff was rather a joke, I don't consider wickedswami scum the same way that Belili does think that Nureins, edmund, or pizza are scum, but HE doesn't need to write an essay on why.

I have an interesting theory in mind, I'll post it later.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:59 am

Post by nureins »

GreenDude wrote:@nureins: The page of stuff was rather a joke, I don't consider wickedswami scum the same way that Belili does think that Nureins, edmund, or pizza are scum, but HE doesn't need to write an essay on why.
That is incorrect. Belili has said why more or less. I can follow his mind, independently he is scum or town. He is finding non-scummy to those players that soften the pressure on him in a moment when he was a hot spot and center of lot of attention (and according to him, with an easy cheap lynch).

Do not play the emotional card in which you feel worse treated. You admitted to have done lot of mistakes, thus you receive lot of attention. Do not try to appeal the emotions of people by simulating to be a little dog abandonned to his own luck...so please, share your theories...
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:20 am

Post by GreenDude »

[quote=”silverfang”] Maybe you think he's over excited because you're Mafia and want to fly under the radar. [/quote]
This is CrapLogic™, you can say anyone is trying to fly under the radar, that was the random voting stage, rather I wasn’t flying under the radar because I gave a specific reason for my vote which started discussion, that is NOT flying under the radar.

[quote=”silverfang”] The fact that he's posting so much may have nothing to do with his role though. He could be just a naturally talkative person. [/quote]

How can posting a lot have ANYTHING to do with a role, again this is CrapLogic™.

[quote=”weepingwind”] Posting a lot does not indicate that one is mafia or townie, but conclusions can be drawn from it. It may only indicate how much free time the poster has, but potentially could point out a role. [/quote]

Again how can posting a lot have anything to do with someone’s role. And what conclusions CAN be drawn from it?? Notice that silverfang and weepingwind had the SAME ideas about how my posting a lot could point out what role I have.

[quote=”weepingwind”] I was trying to generate discussion. I have never played mafia this way before, and don't fully understand it. Please correct me if I am wrong to try to create discussion. Also, I didn't ask for a lynch. [/quote]

Never played mafia before how?? Is it possible that weepingwind is playing as scum and she hasn’t played as scum before?

[quote=”weepingwind”] I have no strong opinions on players as of yet, but I am analyzing. [/quote]

Does weepingwind have no strong opinions because she is scum and needs to find some kind of case against someone?

[quote=”weepingwind”] They are dividing their votes and distancing themselves from each other, and will not both jump on a bandwagon.
This strategy is very much used, and works well. [/quote]

Is weepingwind using that strategy?? Silverfang did have his vote on me, and weepingwind did NOT.

[quote=”weepingwind”]
GreenDude wrote:

Btw, something is not right here, I have a feeling that 2 mafia are putting suspiciouns on me together so others follow their lead.

Who do you propose? [/quote]

Is weepingwind asking me if I am suspicious of silverfang??

[quote=”weepingwind”] Is there any reason for the sudden rush to unvote? Have you decided that GreenDude is townie, or something else? [/quote]

Is that something else possibly my role? Is weepingwind asking if they know my role and she wants to know because she is scum/roleblocker and wants to kill/roleblock a power role??

[quote=”weepingwind”] Yes, all I have is suspicions. I was originally very suspicious of SilverFang, but was unable to confirm my suspicions as he rarely posted. Now I am not so sure. [/quote]

Is it possible that weepingwind wants to separate herself from silverfang, saying that she was suspicious of him so therefore they can’t be scum buddies, Oh! But look, not she says that she is NOT suspicious of him anymore.

[quote=”weepingwind”]
I prefer to listen to what everyone has to say equally[/quote]

That is that same as lying low.

Above all: both weepingwind and silverfang has been very ‘inactive’ and now weepingwind isn’t here, and silverfang has been replaced.

One last thing:

[quote=”belili”]So right now I hold the opinion on NOT neurins, edmund, pizza, or obviously myself as scum.[/quote]

So therefore: Nureins, Edmund, Pizza , Belili, Me, or wickedswami(my thought). Then that leaves 2 people: Weepingwind and Silverfang (who has been replaced by James).
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:21 am

Post by GreenDude »

OH, dang. The quotes got messed up. :\
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:26 am

Post by GreenDude »

Well, I suppose that I wickedswami and I do look like scum buds. But, if I'm not scummy then he suddenly doesn't look scummy anymore.
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Belili »

I'm finding it hard to read that post. But...

"Never played mafia before how?? Is it possible that weepingwind is playing as scum and she hasn’t played as scum before? "

I hardly think that's fair. You're putting words in weep's mouth.

I don't think, even with process of elimination, that attacking silverfang/james is fair at this point. We haven't heard enough from their combined efforts.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:55 am

Post by nureins »

GreenDude wrote: @nureins: Could you PLEASE help me out here??
Could you "return" me the favour? Given your last post, I think you are not far away from voting Weeping...might you? Id like to listen her more actively but I only have a vote :P

Your case is full of holes, but there are a couple of interesting things around, that combine well with my own observations. I will be more explicit later when weeping defends...I think that she needs to enter hot discussions somehow. GD, use your vote to get it :)

Also, it would be nicer if you re-think your own accusations, discard the bad ones and contribute just with the two or three more significative. Your level of contribution is good, you focus on the quality a bit, ok?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”