Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

I think you should be lynched today but I don't think it will happen.

I have liked Pyro's contributions as of late, anything else that points out he might be scum besides he's voting for you?

I haven't seen him as a lurker at all.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:I want to know when you decided that I was scum? Was it when you saw my claim, or was it my stance on the Decanter? All in all, you came out right and said I had to die, before you really had evidence to back it up... then you disappeared after people stopped siding with you, only to re-appear when you thought you had more to incriminate me on.. You're lurking scum...
I AM NOT LURKING! Lets take a poll. Out of the people who are not vote for me, vigging me or name naomi who thinks I am lurking. I had evidence before I voted for you. I posted it just a little bit after I voted for you. I thought you were scum when I voted for you. I knew it after you claimed.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I've never thought of Pyro as a lurker.

He's probably town.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:21 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:What? That has nothing to do with the fact that he's been gunning for me before anyone really knew anything about me, he's been popping in only often enough to look like he's contributing to the game and then he disappears again...

Well, until there's a counterclaim, or until I'm confirmed in my role, there's no real way to know, now is there?
:-) This is perfect. The typical caught scum claiming that any attack, well-founded or not, on him/her is crap and fluff posting.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:What? That has nothing to do with the fact that he's been gunning for me before anyone really knew anything about me, he's been popping in only often enough to look like he's contributing to the game and then he disappears again...

Well, until there's a counterclaim, or until I'm confirmed in my role, there's no real way to know, now is there?
No, I was the 6th person to vote for you I think. A possible reason why their is no CC: Mods tend to mass-claim proof their games. Possible she is trilby. Maybe the mafia is like the meddlers.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:32 am

Right. On the CC I'm thinking the real Trilby could be hanging back OR there is no real Trilby and its a safe-claim.

I seriously have nothing else to think based on the way her claim was partially made, added to and then justified in a way that just makes no sense; i.e. Trilby is no dang one-shot cop -- to me that's like calling the Mod stupid -- I mean a one-shot cop is like a reporter or something not the
MAIN
character in the entire game.

Naomi, could you please add a little more juice to your role, its sounding a little "under-funded"? kthx.

errrm, * ducks *
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well the claim isn't all that ludicrous in itself. A full blown cop with NK immunity is incredibly powerful; it would make sense to weaken it down.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:50 am

Well partially NK-immune could of worked (one faction immune but not the other) and how does it fit the flavor?

Trilby is a one-shot cop?? Trilby is a continuous non-stop cop who
can
die. Based on flavor her claim
is
ludicrous.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:52 am

Funny I previewed that post and didn't see those tag erors:

Trilby is a continuous non-stop cop who
can
die. Based on flavor her claim
is
ludicrous
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

Pyromaniac wrote:There is only one thing we know for sure about each others roles, assuming hohum's role does not say that the goblet is not harmful, if he is scum then I am town. We cannot trust anybodies random. I think that the person who has the most votes, with FoS counting as half a vote, should be forced to drink it.
Hohum is confirmed town... Pyro you might be town or scum...
And you jumped down my throat for my comment in 369... as far as memory serves, you hadn't though me suspicious until after that..
You also threw my opinion, and reasoning behind it, right out the window... when I thought the town was wasting it's time arguing about the decanter... It ended up costing us, but gave us a confirmed innocent. Hohum was right about it being distracting the way everyone was arguing about it, so he drank it... He is confirmed innocent, my role has yet to be confirmed, but when it does... Will the town trust me?

Pyro isn't lurking like some people who have recently been replaced, but he seems to be conveniently missing during some points of discussion.

----

;) Xtoxm your sig comment ... It is hard to read
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well I don't know much about Chzo and that wasn't what I based that statement on.

Being the main character, I can definitely see NK immune, just based on video games in general; when playing, you can die, but in the plot your character doesn't.

What makes you say he's a continuous cop? What exactly does he do in the game?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:;) Xtoxm your sig comment ... It is hard to read
Heh, yeah. I love the way he talks though.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:09 am

Xtoxm wrote:Well I don't know much about Chzo and that wasn't what I based that statement on.

Being the main character, I can definitely see NK immune, just based on video games in general; when playing, you can die, but in the plot your character doesn't.

What makes you say he's a continuous cop? What exactly does he do in the game?
When you play the game he's the guy you play as. The entire game revolves around him constantly. You win the game by guiding him (as him) through a long investigation of various clues and items and eventually you win. There is no flavor reason for him to be only a one-shot cop. He would need to be a full-blown cop no matter what. I think the UNK is suspicious. Scum claim UNK all the time as a cover and Trilby doesn't have that as part of his flavor. He dies ALOT in the game over and over (when you make mistakes).

So flavor wise I can only accept a full-blown cop. Naomi please change your claim. :roll:
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

Trilby ends up being more of a puppet then anything, as I believe was mentioned already... perhaps there is another cop role out there, one yet to be confirmed?

Trilby is constantly being guided simply by luck, he's lucky to end up in Chzo manor, and lucky to find the culprit at the end of the game...
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:There is only one thing we know for sure about each others roles, assuming hohum's role does not say that the goblet is not harmful, if he is scum then I am town. We cannot trust anybodies random. I think that the person who has the most votes, with FoS counting as half a vote, should be forced to drink it.
Hohum is confirmed town... Pyro you might be town or scum...
Hohum was not a confirmed town at the time of that post. You were basically saying in that post is that hohum can do whatever the hell he wants with the decanter, you might as well let him decide who to lynch. Hohum getting the decanter was probably random.
And you jumped down my throat for my comment in 369... as far as memory serves, you hadn't though me suspicious until after that..
That was the one of the first (if not the first) suspicious post you made.
You also threw my opinion, and reasoning behind it, right out the window... when I thought the town was wasting it's time arguing about the decanter... It ended up costing us, but gave us a confirmed innocent. Hohum was right about it being distracting the way everyone was arguing about it, so he drank it... He is confirmed innocent, my role has yet to be confirmed, but when it does... Will the town trust me?
The town will not trust you when your roll is confirmed because that confirmation will be confirming you of being scum. You said something like "I think we should do this. It's not my fault if anything goes wrong with doing this it is not my fault not my fault at all it is someone else's fault not mine most definitely someone else's AHHHHHHHHHHH! But maybe we should do something else."
Pyro isn't lurking like some people who have recently been replaced, but he seems to be conveniently missing during some points of discussion.
Like what?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:26 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:Trilby ends up being more of a puppet then anything, as I believe was mentioned already... perhaps there is another cop role out there, one yet to be confirmed?

Trilby is constantly being guided simply by luck, he's lucky to end up in Chzo manor, and lucky to find the culprit at the end of the game...
And you're an expert at the game. This is a cinch...
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:27 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

considering it ended up hurting hohum more then anything else... I don't see how you can make the relation to lynching... it was just like a day vig item. The only reason I said we should let him make the decision was because every was making a fuss on whether or not it should be used. I felt that we could gain more information that way, then if we continued to argue about it.

Suspicious because I called you on a post, which I later deemed competently reasonable, but you continued to bandwagon me?

And what if my role does come up innocent Pyro?
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
Naomi_Saotome wrote:Trilby ends up being more of a puppet then anything, as I believe was mentioned already... perhaps there is another cop role out there, one yet to be confirmed?

And you're an expert at the game. This is a cinch...
No I'm not an expert, but I did take some time to do some research. I then used some logic and some reasoning in there. The person playing the game determines what happens to Trilby based off of how they play...
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:considering it ended up hurting hohum more then anything else... I don't see how you can make the relation to lynching... it was just like a day vig item. The only reason I said we should let him make the decision was because every was making a fuss on whether or not it should be used. I felt that we could gain more information that way, then if we continued to argue about it.

Suspicious because I called you on a post, which I later deemed competently reasonable, but you continued to bandwagon me?

And what if my role does come up innocent Pyro?
Proven fact: Lynches come out better with everyone making them then a random person making them. This was kind of like a lynch and one person made it and guess what: it turned out worse.
Since when is arguing a bad thing in mafia?
What?
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true." This means that you are
A. Scum.
B. have a case of extremely short term memory loss.
As you appear to have a decant memory, we can eliminate B.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:44 am

This, just like your justification of your weak claim as "game balance", is totally unfounded. He entered the manor as a thief and got stuck there. After that he begins a thoughtful investigation that takes place over
several
days and after unearthing (literally) all sorts of clues he eventually is able to "kill" the disembodied boy and leave the house. There is no luck there. It is him thoughtfully investigating and discovering clues THE WHOLE GAME.

Just claim full cop and everything will be OK. :roll:
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

Lamont:
Now you're asking me to make a fake claim on top of a claim you think to be fake? The mod said that this game was in no way meant to be fair to the town, and that it would require us to actually think.

With that being said, Pyro:
arguing in mafia is not bad, but arguing of things senselessly and coming to no solid answers is not good. That's what I saw happening.. and it's still going on... and will be till the game ends. The idea is to find those who are creating the senseless arguing that leads us nowhere...
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true." This means that you are
A. Scum.
However improbable, must be true... but your answers are incorrect so you will come to an incorrect conclusion as a result of incorrect thinking.

A. I'm scum
B. I'm new and have made errors that scum are jumping on

Now that the answers are a little more accurate, would you still say B should be eliminated?
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Yep. At the time of hohum drinking the decanter the method for selecting who drank the decanter had been selected. IIRC you would have probably been made to drink it, which would have been good. I also forgot C and D, you being a jester and SK respectively.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:05 am

Naomi_Saotome wrote:Lamont:
Now you're asking me to make a fake claim on top of a claim you think to be fake? The mod said that this game was in no way meant to be fair to the town, and that it would require us to actually think.

With that being said, Pyro:
arguing in mafia is not bad, but arguing of things senselessly and coming to no solid answers is not good. That's what I saw happening.. and it's still going on... and will be till the game ends. The idea is to find those who are creating the senseless arguing that leads us nowhere...
A. Scum.
However improbable, must be true... but your answers are incorrect so you will come to an incorrect conclusion as a result of incorrect thinking.

A. I'm scum
B. I'm new and have made errors that scum are jumping on
C. I'm new and have made errors that
scum
everyone is jumping on and they are right I'm scum

Now that the answers are a little more accurate, would you still say B should be eliminated?
Yes, C is fine.

(on an outside the game note) I'm glad to see you sticking around and studying some games and such. I think the more you do the more fun it will be. ;)

(back to the game) You need to be lynched.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

How bout we vig on the 20th? We don't want a repeat of yesterday.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I don't know how far we are from deadline, but yes, I support the sentiment.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”