Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Achilles »

Yes, I'd also like if someone could summarize the arguments against JR. I don't remember reading anything from him that seemed blatantly scummy, but I guess I might be forgetting something.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@ZazieR (339 & 340): I just discovered ircmafia not to long ago. I use the same nick as here. Alexhans can vouch for teaching me the ropes there, including showing me how to look at test setups and such. Xyl's bot seems to like to use stuff like Secret Role, Amnesiac, etc. I had just gotten done playing a bunch of games on Saturday before the game opened, so Sunday all that stuff was still on my mind. Was really stupid of me to bring it up as this isn't a Bastard Mod game and iamausername is unlikely to use such wild roles. I'm on at various times (usually in the evening, but most of the night nothing seems to be happening).

"Selective revisionism" is redundant I guess. Revisionism was the accusation I laid upon you (for asking a question I already gave an answer to in my post 207).
wickedestjr (341) wrote:I saw Zazie comment on this quote as well, but unfortunately I could not find where the actual post was. But anyway, I don't really like this comment. First of all: Hayker didn't make post 186, so your only real evidence for this complaint is post 185 unless you made a mistake and can identify the real post you were talking about. Second of all: It has already been discussed that Mastin and Zaz have been contributing to the scum hunting. While they may post a lot of nonsense, I find that a majority of the content in their posts is helping the game roll along. Third of all: What do you find to be nonsense in Hayker's posts?
What? I think you may be looking at the wrong posts. There are the two pointless posts that I was referring to:
Hayker (185) wrote:Okay so I'm all caught up on things that address me. I'll post some opinions on some stuff about things with some nouns.
Hayker (186) wrote:Okay so I'm all caught up on things that address me. I'll post some opinions on some stuff about things with some nouns. Not even sure why I clicked post there.

I'll post some stuff in a bit, my mom is yelling at me to do some yard work so see you guys in a bit(with like 5 more pages to read I bet)
And my main annoyance with Mastin & ZazieR (more Mastin than ZazieR, actually) is that they could stand to trim a lot of the fat and gristle away from their posts instead of hiding the meat. I don't think that their posting styles are scummy, they are just kinda annoying.

@ZazieR (342): 1. When previewing a post, the Topic Review box allows you to scroll up to 25 (or so) of the previously made comments. You could have easily see ckool5000's entire post before posting.

2. You can answer the question if you want. And the bolded I wrote because you took my question to ckool5000 and labelled it a "scumslip" when it absolutely wasn't.

@Achilles (351): So you only suspect people that have already been voted/suspected by others?

@Post 354: Holy crap Hayker is scummy. I'll parse this out later.

@Empking's Alt (371): WTF is this about? Empking's Alt seriously needs to post some frigging content.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:42 am

Post by ckool5000 »

reveillark wrote:
FoS: ckool5000

1.) "yay scum doctor is dead" post. I think Mastin went over this at one point. (granted i think at this point it would have been hard for mastin to NOT mention something)

2.) saying that "lol" is a scumtell. complete nonsense.

4.) Calling people lurkers in a game with 10+ pages that started less than 24 hours ago...people have lives/work/are slow readers.
Okay, so people wanted me to comment on these three things, so here I go:

1. Um.... What? Look, if someone says, "Oh, congrats doctor!", then that's a scumtell... But me saying that I'm glad that a scum powerrole is dead?... Well...... It's not a scumtell, because it's something we all know... Or something.... So... Yeah....

2. First of all, I do consider the 'lol' scumtell to be a real, if weak, scumtell. Also note that afterwards I noted that I've always wanted to point that out as a scumtell, and in the post that the 'lol' was in, it wasn't a 100% serious scumtell. The perfect case of a 'lol' scumtell would be:

"lol.

Yeah, I think that so-and-so is scum because they're using pictures. Vote: So-and-so."

That would be the perfect case of a 'lol' scumtell, because the 'lol' makes you relaxed when reading the rest of the post, so you won't care as much about the terrible vote and/or logic. Of course, the tell isn't that good, especially considering that a lot of people just use 'lol' a lot. Now that we've talked about 'lol' so much, there's another branch of this tell that I probably shouldn't tell you, because then the scum would avoid that tell too.... Wow, so much talk about a weak scumtell. It's one of the only scumtells I can recognize quickly, so that's why I keep it in my head.

4. Sheesh! Okay, I'm not used to games where 15 pages are made within three days, why does everyone keep rubbing it in? Also, all I wanted to do was get some more opinions in here. Also, I didn't want anyone to start lurking, nor did I say anyone was. I just said that they were on the edge of lurking. And look what happened next! The people on the list started posting!

Is this the longest post I've ever posted on this site?... Maybe... Maybe not....
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:50 am

Post by fallen angel »

Ckool-

1) Assuming there are multiple scumgroups, then the celebrating of a mafia doctor dead is an extremely valid tell.

2) Your "lol" scumtell situation looks like it would be more in the RVS, as most votes after have real reasons, like "He claimed serial killer" or something. It seems a null tell at best, and at worst an attempt to justify your actions. How would it make you less likely to care about a bad vote?

4) Meh. Not posting one day after the game starts isn't a scumtell/bad thing. It almost always takes me 1+ days to even notice my game has started. Again, null tell or justification.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:06 am

Post by ckool5000 »

fallen angel wrote: 2) Your "lol" scumtell situation looks like it would be more in the RVS, as most votes after have real reasons, like "He claimed serial killer" or something. It seems a null tell at best, and at worst an attempt to justify your actions. How would it make you less likely to care about a bad vote?

4) Meh. Not posting one day after the game starts isn't a scumtell/bad thing. It almost always takes me 1+ days to even notice my game has started. Again, null tell or justification.
2. Because, it just pychologically does so. Don't ask me how.

4. Did I say it was a scumtell? No.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:08 am

Post by fallen angel »

2) It doesn't seem to affect me then. Point is, null tell/justification. Point still stands.

4) Ok. I thought you said it was and that was the whole reason for the point against you.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:10 am

Post by ckool5000 »

2. Plus it was something I've always wanted to say in a mafia game.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:23 am

Post by fallen angel »

2. Even more justification for your actions. This is starting to seem really scummy.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 am

Post by ckool5000 »

What can I say? I'm only telling the truth.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:51 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #7=-

Johnny Rotten (6) - Kise, Mastin, Namttam, Wickedestjr, Hayker, reveillark
Mastin (3) - Kublai Khan, roflcopter, Johnny Rotten
Kublai Khan (3) - ZazieR, Empking's Alt, ckool5000
Hayker (2) - Faraday, MafiaMann

Not Voting (7) - Achilles, Lowell, cateraction, dvdkid13, Mastin, Mufasa, Redith, fallen angel

11 to lynch.

-=Johnny Rotten has been prodded=-
Last edited by iamausername on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Hayker »

Be careful when you say I'm telling the truth ckool, some people take it as a major scum tell.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:13 am

Post by fallen angel »

Hayker? Why are you warning/advising/coaching ckool?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:17 am

Post by MafiaMann »

fallen angel wrote:Hayker? Why are you warning/advising/coaching ckool?
Maybe hes being helpful?
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:20 am

Post by ckool5000 »

Hayker wrote:Be careful when you say I'm telling the truth ckool, some people take it as a major scum tell.
What else can I say? "I really mean it"?
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:20 am

Post by fallen angel »

I try not to assume that players that coach each other are helpful (with the exception of ICs in newbie games). Given all the coaching and reasons from post 378,
Vote Ckool5000
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:23 am

Post by ckool5000 »

Yep. That confirms it. I should just keep my mouth shut.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:23 am

Post by MafiaMann »

fallen angel wrote:I try not to assume that players that coach each other are helpful (with the exception of ICs in newbie games). Given all the coaching and reasons from post 378,
Vote Ckool5000
Your voting Ckool because hayker was advising him?
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:30 am

Post by fallen angel »

fallen angel wrote:I try not to assume that players that coach each other are helpful (with the exception of ICs in newbie games). Given all the coaching and
reasons from post 378
Vote Ckool5000
Post 390 pretty much confirms it for me.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:38 am

Post by MafiaMann »

fallen angel wrote:
fallen angel wrote:I try not to assume that players that coach each other are helpful (with the exception of ICs in newbie games). Given all the coaching and
reasons from post 378
Vote Ckool5000
Post 390 pretty much confirms it for me.

Major FOS on Ckool

Not for all that other stuff but mainly for post 390.

If your town you shouldnt get so frustrated you should continue scumhunting.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:42 am

Post by fallen angel »

Especially since you only have my one vote on you. If you are town, you shouldn't be phased and give up. If you are scum, by all means do so.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:53 am

Post by ckool5000 »

But... What if I don't have anything worthwhile to say?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:54 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:But... What if I don't have anything worthwhile to say?
Then you arent helping the town
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:55 am

Post by fallen angel »

That doesn't mean you shouldn't give up scumhunting.
ckool5000 wrote:Yep. That confirms it. I should just keep my mouth shut.
Your just going to stop posting because two people suspect you? Sounding to me like caught scum.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:55 am

Post by iamausername »

-=curiouskarmadog replaces cateraction=-
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Faraday »

Also, why are people always posting during 1-4 a.m. Why don't you post when you are awake and can give us your most decent opinions. Not that I am saying any posts following these sort of comments have been bad, but I am just requesting this for the future
Eh, I post when I'm online, :P. I don't see why this is a problem as long as it's not being used as an excuse.

Also with that being said, I'm back, and gonna read over what I missed now.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”