ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by ODDin »

AT - I just found it strange you confirm a vote when no new information actually came in. Confirming seems to me like "I was already suspicious of him before, and this new info makes me even more suspicious".

Now, Cephrir makes an interesting point. However, we have lots of players who weren't active during the wagon's build-up - hewitt, dej, hohum, OccamR (I might be forgtting somebody). When Alduskkel came in it was a bit too late to defend you, and this will also be the case when the other replacements come in.
So, the fact alone that you weren't really defended doesn't indicate you're town. It might be a point in your favour, but with the number of inactive players and all the other points against you, my vote stays.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Of course it does.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Kdub wrote:Since it looks like Cephrir is going to be today's lynch, I am willing to switch my vote to him.
The way you say this, it sounds like you just want a lynch period, not because you think he's scummy.
Cephrir wrote:I could try to respond and defend myself and then get lynched, or I could just not put in any effort and still get lynched.
What makes you so sure that you can't avoid being lynched today?
Kdub wrote:Since Corporation is being replaced, I guess we won't hear an explanation for the inconsistency I pointed out in 418. What does everyone else make of that? If Cephrir ends up being town, I'm thinking Corp/his replacement would be a good person to investigate further.
It's a rather odd inconsistency. How does it make Corp more likely to be scum though?

I agree with AT 471 w.r.t. MC 470.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Kdub »

I
do
think he's scummy (I am FoSing him), which is one of the reasons I am willing to switch.

If Cephrir turns out to be town, I think we should take a closer look at Corp and his replacement because he was the one who initially started a case on Cephrir. I wouldn't go so far as to say he is likely scum, but I find logical inconsistencies to be suspicious.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Kdub wrote:I
do
think he's scummy (I am FoSing him), which is one of the reasons I am willing to switch.
The others being...?
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:30 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

AndyTony wrote:I find it hard to tell whether or not he is
fishing
or asking for clarification. At the time that was posted, Ceph was a suspect, so asking for clarification in the sense of "Did you just claim?" (which would aid the suspicion on Ceph) is more so understandable as opposed to "so you're....?".

I feel it would be far too early to pull a stunt like that and a major slip up. We could only really know later (Day 2 later) with more substantial activity and post lynch/nk clarity.

You see, where:

OccamR's post suggests a variable, a 50/50 of "Is he fishing, or is he asking for clarification?"

Ceph has a post where he tries to provoke the very
idea
of claiming to someone who at a time, based on meta, would potentially screw himself over with a scum claim (far more valuable a scum tactic than what OccamR did).

So I would stick with Ceph, "the devil I know" (as in the one with what I feel was a scummier action) and maintain that OccamR's was suspicious. (this is just in my opinion though)

so

Confirm Vote: Ceph
FoS: OccamR
AT, which of Ceph's posts might require clarification by asking about his role?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Kdub »

Alduskkel wrote:
Kdub wrote:I
do
The others being...?
If I can't get anything going against Khamisa, there's no point in being the lone person voting for her, so I have no problem switching to another player I find suspicious. I don't even think Khamisa is necessarily more likely to be scum than Ceph, I mainly wanted to get her to say something since I felt she has been actively lurking so far.
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:02 am

Post by AndyTony »

MadCrawdad - You'll have to re-word your question for me, mate - not sure what you mean (thanks!)

Sorry if I don't get back too hasty - out and about today
"It's Not A Breeze, 'Cause It Blows Hard"
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:59 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

AndyTony wrote:MadCrawdad - You'll have to re-word your question for me, mate - not sure what you mean (thanks!)

Sorry if I don't get back too hasty - out and about today
Okay. Which of Ceph's posts do you think OccamR could have been asking for clarification on when he asked about Ceph's role? Also, which post of Ceph's do you think someone could have misinterpreted as a role claim?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

Alduskkel wrote:
Cephrir wrote:I could try to respond and defend myself and then get lynched, or I could just not put in any effort and still get lynched.
What makes you so sure that you can't avoid being lynched today?
That would be the fact that everyone not being replaced has expressed a willingness to lynch me.
Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Khamisa »

Kdub (449) wrote:Khamisa: His note to self is post 177. Do you believe his explanation for the note?
I wasn't able to find a cut-and-dry explanation for it, but he most likely would have done it because he found something in a player's post that, if they did something that didn't agree with it, he could go back and reference it. I think that's very plausible.
Zer0ph34r (472) wrote:Do you all believe that Alduskkel is pro-town, anti-town or mafia?
WHAT? Did you seriously just ask this question? What is the point of it?
Show
[color=red]dead[/color] world
full of [color=red]shades[/color]
today i [color=red]die[/color]

[color=#33CC66]free[/color] world
full of [color=#33CC66]beauty[/color]
today i [color=#33CC66]swim[/color]
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by AndyTony »

@MCD -
You presented me with post 255 did you not?

*****In that post, I expressed the interpretation/impression I was left with. It could have been asking for clarification just as much as it could have been asking about roles - - it's a variable, and the circumstances (because of how early it happened) suggest it would be more than irresponsible and risky - - - it's far too reliant on interpretation.*****

Then there was Ceph's situation.

Circumstance is what made his scenario all the more substantial.

The circumstance was this:

A player with a meta of claiming scum under pressure (whether true or not) had pressure on him.

This is valuable to scum. The ingrediants to this valuable occurance is three things:

1. Pressure
2. Votes
3. Claim

Zero had 1 and 2 on him - - and in that circumstance,
mentioning
a role claim is asking for trouble.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember, it's just my opinion (and asked for, at that)

Is your question leading, or do you just disagree with the opinion?
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:57 am

Post by The Replacement »

Khamisa, what don't you understand about the Cephrir wagon?
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Just answer the question, what does it matter why I asked it? I obviously want an answer.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Khamisa »

The Replacement wrote:Khamisa, what don't you understand about the Cephrir wagon?
You've asked this again like you think I didn't answer it. See my post above. It appears I understand it now. :D
Show

ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:59 am

Post by ODDin »

Khamisa, I don't see what's so terribly wrong about Zer0's question. He essentially asks us what we think about Alduskkel. It isn't the best wording, and I don't think it's the most important thing to ask at the moment, but it's a valid question.
Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Khamisa »

I can agree that it isn't the best wording, but it makes it seem like Zer0 is worried about our opinion of Aldusk. From the whole Zer0/dejkha reaction earlier, I'd have to say he's leaning a little towards anti-town/mafia, whichever you choose. ;)
Show

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Khamisa wrote:he most likely would have done it because he found something in a player's post that, if they did something that didn't agree with it, he could go back and reference it.
What does that even mean?
Khamisa wrote:I can agree that it isn't the best wording, but it makes it seem like Zer0 is worried about our opinion of Aldusk. From the whole Zer0/dejkha reaction earlier, I'd have to say he's leaning a little towards anti-town/mafia, whichever you choose.
That's a strange way of responding. He asked you what you think of an apparently somewhat arbitrary player... what's wrong with that? Your initial reaction was even stranger. By the way, are you planning to say anything in this entire game that someone else hasn't already said?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Khamisa wrote:
Kdub (449) wrote:Khamisa: His note to self is post 177. Do you believe his explanation for the note?
I wasn't able to find a cut-and-dry explanation for it, but he most likely would have done it because he found something in a player's post that, if they did something that didn't agree with it, he could go back and reference it. I think that's very plausible.
Why do you think he didn't just put it in his Notes (at the top right of the page, next to Usergroups)?
Khamisa wrote:
The Replacement wrote:Khamisa, what don't you understand about the Cephrir wagon?
You've asked this again like you think I didn't answer it. See my post above. It appears I understand it now. :D
And do you agree or disagree with the case? Somewhere in between?
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by AndyTony »

Khamisa -

I agree that your reaction is far more irregular and suspicious than what you are making note of in Zero's actions.

It seems like you're accepting the Ceph lynch as innevitable right now and are hoping to line up Zero as a quick mislynch tomorrow (theoretically).
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:44 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Alduskkel wrote:Why do you think he didn't just put it in his Notes (at the top right of the page, next to Usergroups)?
Because I don't read them. The only times I've ever used that was when I wanted to write a post at Night.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Khamisa »

Cephrir wrote:What does that even mean?
OK, lets use a totally out-there statement.

Say someone said "the sky is blue." Cephrir makes a note of this and then later, when the player says "the sky is green," Cephrir can attack them on this point.
That's a strange way of responding. He asked you what you think of an apparently somewhat arbitrary player... what's wrong with that? Your initial reaction was even stranger. By the way, are you planning to say anything in this entire game that someone else hasn't already said?
Alduskkel replaced dejkha, who Zer0ph34r voted for and got a lot of suspicion for it. I think it's awfully strange that he would ask a question like that with these earlier events. That's why I was so surprised.
Aldusskel wrote:Why do you think he didn't just put it in his Notes (at the top right of the page, next to Usergroups)?

Cause he probably wouldn't read them. Like he said, he put it right in the thread so that he would catch it on a reread.
And do you agree or disagree with the case? Somewhere in between?
I disagree with it. I see no problem with leaving a Note to Self if that's how you need to play most efficiently.
AndyTony wrote:It seems like you're accepting the Ceph lynch as innevitable right now and are hoping to line up Zero as a quick mislynch tomorrow (theoretically).

I do not believe the Cephrir lynch is inevitable; his current case is poorly reasoned. And you seem very sold on the fact that a Zer0 lynch is a mislynch.
Show

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

Khamisa wrote:OK, lets use a totally out-there statement.

Say someone said "the sky is blue." Cephrir makes a note of this and then later, when the player says "the sky is green," Cephrir can attack them on this point.
Why would I need to make a note to myself for that? I don't get it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Cephrir »

Khamisa wrote:I do not believe the Cephrir lynch is inevitable; his current case is poorly reasoned. And you seem very sold on the fact that a Zer0 lynch is a mislynch.
Sounds to me like you know we're both mislynches :P
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Open Games”