Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:11 am

Post by ZazieR »

ZazieR wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:@Post 154 by ZazieR - When I said I was going to treat Khan like an ordinary player, I meant that if he did something scummy, then I'd treat him the exact way that I would if he hadn't claimed miller.
Which I still think is weird as you believe his claim. Which means you think he''s a miller, a town-alligned player.
My reason for thinking your post was strange^^
Ignore the ''R''
Namttam
Namttam
Goon
Namttam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Namttam »

ZazieR wrote:But then came this:
And finally... you used "lol" even after it was specifically mentioned as a scum tell in this game.
Explain this comment now.
This comment was entirely joking. I had actually intended to explicitly state that but figured that leaving it in would cause people to reread and re-evaluate my other reasons. I don't agree that "lol"ing is a scum tell, it was merely a reference to ckool's earlier post.

This post makes no sense. If you spent that much time catching up why would you only comment on reveillark's post. You first echo the criticism of calling people lurkers after only 2 days, which isn't really taking a stand on anything. Next you advocate an absurd plan of action. I find fault with both the idea of the cop declaring himself and gambling on protection just to announce they know their sanity as well as your plan forcing the night action of two PR's that may not even exist. Finally you make a face a Mastin.
FoS: dvdkid13
If you are going to spend the time to be "active" in the game express some actual opinions.
[i]~THe ONe ANd ONly~[/i]
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Achilles »

what do you guys mean by figure out the "sanity of the cop"?. I'm assuming vig-killed means vigilante killed?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:13 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Achilles wrote:what do you guys mean by figure out the "sanity of the cop"?. I'm assuming vig-killed means vigilante killed?
If the cop checks the miller he should find a guilty verdict. If not it may mean his sanity is different.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by ZazieR »

ckool5000 wrote:I only post a lot when I don't have much to say, then think of something then post it... Then think of something else and post that, and etc.... I'm going to have to leave a mental note in my brain that if either ZazieR or Achilles is scum, then they're not scum buddies... Since, wouldn't Achilles remember that ZazieR is female if he was her scumbuddy? That doesn't mean that they're not both scum, nor does it mean that they're scum at all!... They're probably just not scumbuddies...
I don't think it says anything. There are only a few players who check gender signs, and for one strange reason, many players use 'he', 'him' or 'his' against me :?
It's only a sign that he didn't check. And he can be glad that he didn't do something like that sooner, as I used to post images like these when somebody did :twisted: :

But it's hard to keep finding new pics, so I quit doing that >.<
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Post by ZazieR »

MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
MM wrote:My opinion on scum is maybe ckool because some of his posts dont contain much meat but I may be guilty of something similar.

Also Hayker seems to be making a lot of mistakes and some of which can misleading.
Yeah, you are guilty of something similar. This is duly noted.
And can you elaborate on your opinion of Hayker?
I believe it was pointed out several times in slip ups he made in falsehoods in his posts i think he even admitted it.
Examples? I can only think of one thing that fits this description if I understand this correctly.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by ZazieR »

DVD wrote:Amen! it took me close to 3 hours to catch up on everything
Don't tell me that what you have written in your last post were the only things you wanted to comment on.
DVD wrote:If kublai is town, then this is the best thing that he could have done. If he is mafia, well who knows. But he should be vig-killed and investigated. So when he is killed, hopefully cop can claim and we can figure out the sanity of the cop.
Directing of powerroles is noted.

So who's suspicious to you?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Wicked wrote:I am a bit confused about the votes on Hayker. Can you give examples of his backtracking? I don't think that he seems scummy
Well, there's only one vote against Hayker, so no 'votes'.
Anyway, I've given two examples of Hayker's 'back-tracking': His opion of Rofl and his opinion of Kublai.
Of those I've explained Kublai already:
@Kublai:I don't know for sure, but perhaps his acting different is because that was a newbie game. I can already tell how different newbie games are from large games in the first two pages
He notes down that Kublai's behaviour is different, but at the same time gives a possible reason.
I should probably say back-trackable opions.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Achilles wrote:what do you guys mean by figure out the "sanity of the cop"?. I'm assuming vig-killed means vigilante killed?
Sanity of the cop
There are multiple sanities possible. The link shows which are most common and explains what it means.
And vig-killed means indeed vigilante killed.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:08 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Ok, I said I don't use the images anymore. But this is the only one I'll always use :twisted:

Prod time

List of player who will be grinded:
Mufasa

(Wow, this is bad... I thought it would be more)
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Also (This will be a huge shock to most of you), I just noticed that Mastin didn't post here when I was sleeping :shock:
Does this mean you like to play more with Kevin than with me, Mastin :(?
Ignore the ''R''
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:22 pm

Post by Empking's Alt »

Unvote

Vote: KK
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:05 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #5=-

Mastin (3) - Kublai Khan, roflcopter, Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten (3) - Kise, Mastin, Namttam
Kublai Khan (2) - ZazieR, Empking's Alt
Hayker (1) - Faraday

Not Voting (12) - Achilles, BloodCovenent, cateraction, ckool5000, dvdkid13, Hayker, MafiaMann, Mufasa, Redith, reveillark, Wickedestjr, fallen angel

11 to lynch.

-=Mufasa has been prodded=-
Last edited by iamausername on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:42 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Mastin 291 wrote:1. Why didn't you immediately say you were an Emerald Miller?
You initially said just Miller.

2. Revealed as a townie, or a miller?

3. It had a purpose, involving how much flavor text you're given in your PM. (Like why you're a miller, why you came to Emerald City, etc. Standard Flavor stuff.)
1. I don't see the difference between the two.
2. As a miller who is town.
3. PM had nothing along those lines. Just the role, a definition of the role, and win condition.
Mastin 291 wrote:1.But, again, why did you only list one? Why not at least two? Sure, you don't have to do all (although I find that to be helpful), but that doesn't mean you should only do just one...

2. Can you understand the interpretation of your post, now?
1. I dunno, laziness? I thought I was getting my point across with one example.
2. Yeah, I guess. It never occurred to me that people would interpret it that way. In retrospect I probably should have included more examples in order to be clear in regards to the intention of my question.
Mastin 291 wrote:1. [Re: 4 questions about meta] Hmm...Want me to go digging for them again?
2. Smileys do not always equal a not-serious answer. Normally, yes, but if you want to make sure, just ask; I'll answer serious, semi-serious, or a joke.
3. People using my RVS comments are scummy because I am ME--I am KNOWN to do this regardless of alignment, making it a null tell.
4. The pro-town response is to ignore my RVS posts
5. I'm different.
Rules such as that RVS one that is part of one of my MITs don't apply to me.
1. Yes.
2. If I can state a preference, I prefer that all answers to my questions (at the very least) be serious.
3. In our last game you used Craplogic to try to push a case against me. It turned out to be legit because of the whole cop investigation thing, but am I now supposed to consider it a cop-tell whenever you use Craplogic to push a case against someone?
4. Stuff like this sounds more and more scummy everytime I read it. It's like you think Jedi Mind TricksTM are real.
5. *facepalm* (Double-facepalm if you actually expect me to buy that.)
ZazieR (295) wrote:1. :facepalm: See post 140. Back then, I hadn''t seen that post of yours in which you slipped up. But due to a simulpost of me and ckool, I saw the part in which you slipped up.
Also, note that ckool didn''t mention anything about a slip-up.
So explain how I''m using his evidence.
2. Great answer Rolling Eyes So of four possible killing roles/groups you strongly doubt that the Cerulean mafia killed one of their own.
Can you now tell which of the possible three remaining killing roles/groups would have most likely killed Konowa?
1. Why reference ckool5000 at all then? Why didn't you scroll back 4 posts (from 137 to 133) and quote me directly? Buddying?
2. WTF? No, I'm not even going to venture a guess. You've already proven that you'll take anything I say and twist it so that you make me look scummy. That is a loaded question with no right answer designed to entrap anyone dumb enough to answer it.
ZazieR (304) wrote:How come you had doubts about being a death miller with that as flavour?
Bad memory or selective revisionism?
Kublai Khan (207) wrote:My Role PM just says I'm a regular miller. I haven't checked iamausername's meta-mod to see if he's the type of mod to get creative with secret roles. So I'm a regular miller, as far as I know.
Look, I've been playing IRC mafia and Xyl's bot has a ton of crazy stuff programmed into it. Including secret and misdirecting roles. So I was/am paranoid. Notice that my claim included a warning about sanity checks for investigative roles and my early banter with Mastin includes stuff about the ircmafia bot.

I'm sorry for creating this whole situation. My paranoia caused by late night ircmafia playing made me unneccessarily worry about wild unlikely situations.

@Achilles (311): Why did you only focus on those who have votes?

@Wickedestjr (323): Redith posted his 'reason' in post 205. As for why I don't like things like that, it's a scum-tell. If he had voted without while promising reasons later, then it creates pressure on whomever was voted and you can gauge the reaction of everyone else. But a FOS is just... nothing. It's a meaningless post and he followed it up with anothing meaningless post. He's active lurking.
ZazieR (332) wrote:He {Hayker} notes down that Kublai's behaviour is different, but at the same time gives a possible reason.
Crap, I missed that somehow. For the record, I've never played with Hayker before.

@Hayker: When did you become an authority on my behavior? Are you an Alt?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:57 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kublai Khan wrote:
ZazieR (304) wrote:How come you had doubts about being a death miller with that as flavour?
Bad memory or selective revisionism?
I'll get to the rest of your post later. But I want to hear now a straight answer, and what 'selective revisionism' means.
Actually, explain for both how it leads that you didn't know with such flavour if you were a miller or a Death miller.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:02 am

Post by ZazieR »

@Kublai

Offtopic: Since when do you visit IRC mafia and how much do you play there? I've never seen you there.
Ignore the ''R''
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hello everybody I am finally back. I have still only read the first twelve pages and plan to catch up later. Please take into account that I have only read twelve pages of the game so far, so I may not be up to date.
ZazieR wrote:
Mastin wrote:
But first of all, yay! A mafia doctor (or whatever it is) has been eliminated!
This is the reverse-"well, that sucks"-tell.
Auto-FoS: ckool.

It's alright to be happy that a mafia doctor is dead.
To EXPRESS that, however, is scummy.
Never believed in this tell, never will.
I sort of do believe in this tell. I looked at all my other games that I have finished so far, and in most of the ones where I am mafia, I sometimes comment on things that stink for the town. I also noticed that I usually don't mention things like this when I am town. It may have meant that I am not very good at this game, but it might be a possibility for those people who aren't very experienced.

Empking's Alt Post 233 wrote: Mastin: Which of the M players is acting the scummiest?
Why just the M players?

I have noticed that there had been some discussion on who killed the mafia doctor. Personally, I am guessing that the vig did it. I doubt it was a second mafia group, because they probably would have agreed to lynch the least lynchable person, or the biggest threat. Since there are probably more than one person in the second mafia group, there would probably be at least one person who would suggest this. I also think the SK would kill the biggest threat as well, unless they weren't a very experienced player. This leaves a vig as the only other possiblity. It also kind of makes sense that the vig would kill a newbie anyway, if they killed anybody.

Khan wrote:@Hayker: Stop making posts like 185 & 186. It's bad enough that ZazieR and Mastin post mostly nonsense posts. Don't emulate them.
I saw Zazie comment on this quote as well, but unfortunately I could not find where the actual post was. But anyway, I don't really like this comment. First of all: Hayker didn't make post 186, so your only real evidence for this complaint is post 185 unless you made a mistake and can identify the real post you were talking about. Second of all: It has already been discussed that Mastin and Zaz have been contributing to the scum hunting. While they may post a lot of nonsense, I find that a majority of the content in their posts is helping the game roll along. Third of all: What do you find to be nonsense in Hayker's posts?

I agree that I don't think JR's vote for Mastin is a pretty great one. It doesn't have a very good reason, and like I said before, a majority of the content in Mastin's posts contain scum hunting contribution.

Will post a bit more in a few minutes.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:14 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kublai Khan wrote:
ZazieR (295) wrote:1. :facepalm: See post 140. Back then, I hadn''t seen that post of yours in which you slipped up. But due to a simulpost of me and ckool, I saw the part in which you slipped up.
Also, note that ckool didn''t mention anything about a slip-up.
So explain how I''m using his evidence.
2. Great answer Rolling Eyes So of four possible killing roles/groups you strongly doubt that the Cerulean mafia killed one of their own.
Can you now tell which of the possible three remaining killing roles/groups would have most likely killed Konowa?
1. Why reference ckool5000 at all then? Why didn't you scroll back 4 posts (from 137 to 133) and quote me directly? Buddying?
2. WTF? No, I'm not even going to venture a guess.
You've already proven that you'll take anything I say and twist it so that you make me look scummy.
That is a loaded question with no right answer designed to entrap anyone dumb enough to answer it.
1. Because I was writing a post. While writing that one, I pressed 'preview' to see if the quote tags were correct, and if what I'm saying is clear. While doing so, I saw ckool's post. When you preview, you see the top of the last post. In this case, it was ckool's post with at the top, your quote. That's why I mentioned him, as I was actually still updating and not there yet, but I wanted to comment on it already. And as said in that post, I'd comment on it more when I got there. Which I did.

2. I assume that you won't answer that question then. May I?
Also, explain the bolded.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:18 am

Post by ZazieR »

Wickedestjr wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Mastin wrote:
But first of all, yay! A mafia doctor (or whatever it is) has been eliminated!
This is the reverse-"well, that sucks"-tell.
Auto-FoS: ckool.

It's alright to be happy that a mafia doctor is dead.
To EXPRESS that, however, is scummy.
Never believed in this tell, never will.
I sort of do believe in this tell. I looked at all my other games that I have finished so far, and in most of the ones where I am mafia, I sometimes comment on things that stink for the town. I also noticed that I usually don't mention things like this when I am town. It may have meant that I am not very good at this game, but it might be a possibility for those people who aren't very experienced.
It might be. But I think it's more based upon feelings. Some players show these feelings more easily than others. So I think it's more based upon personality, than allignment.
Ignore the ''R''
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Rotten wrote:I do find it quite interesting that some people feel the need to vote at this stage of the game. Scumtell? Possibly.
This is another one I couldn't find the source of. I have a question for you Johnny Rotten. When is it every not necessary to vote other than at night?
Vote: Johnny Rotten
I also don't think your vote for Mastin is a good one.

I have a question for Empking's Alt. Can you please show me where you have posted opinions you have of other players?

Also, what is a policy lynch?

Khan wrote:
ZazieR (140) wrote:Wow. Thanks for posting ckool.
Vote Kublai
Obv scumslip in the quote from him that ckool just posted. Will comment more when I get at that post.
Your vote is the direct result of piggy-backing someone else's evidence. Quit pretending like I'm making things up.
I sometimes find that piggy-backing is a good thing. It sometimes a post that one person makes that convinces you to lynch another person that turns out to be mafia. This is one of the main reasons why we discuss before we lynch. I'm sure some people have completely different ideas as to who is scummy and they could be wrong. I would find it more scummy for somebody to completely recite the opinion of another player and pretend as if it was their own idea.

Also, why are people always posting during 1-4 a.m. Why don't you post when you are awake and can give us your most decent opinions. Not that I am saying any posts following these sort of comments have been bad, but I am just requesting this for the future.

But I did mention in post 33 that I thought Mastin was the type of person who would enjoy joking about how scummy he was when he actually was scum.
Because jokes are so fun. :)
Woah!!! Are you saying your scum?

I have another question for Johnny Rotten. What do you mean when you say that you see the game in a black and white sort of way?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Fallen Angel what do you find strange about MafiaMann's attitude?
Mastin wrote:
Khan wrote:Would the guilty or not guilty verdict change anything?
No, it would not.
I think that if the result of the inspection was guilty then Khan would be scum or a miller, but if not guilty, then I would guess that the inspector was insane or Khan did something really stupid as a townie.

I know that this game hasn't been going on for long, but I would consider it a good thing to prod them early due to the speed of the game.

As for roflcopter assuming that Khan is town, I am not really concerned about this, but I do think that roflcopter needs to consider this from both sides.

ZazieR wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:@Post 154 by ZazieR - When I said I was going to treat Khan like an ordinary player, I meant that if he did something scummy, then I'd treat him the exact way that I would if he hadn't claimed miller.
Which I still think is weird as you believe his claim. Which means you think he''s a miller, a town-alligned player.
You're saying I shouldn't believe him?
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:36 am

Post by ckool5000 »

On the whole "piggy-backing my evidence" thing, I wasn't exactly trying to convince everyone that Kublai was scum, I was just saying "WTF?" to my computer repeatedly... Because Kublai had mixed up what I had said. If you find that and whatever else is in his post a scum-tell, then go right ahead and vote for him...

You know what? After looking at everything, I will too.
Vote: Kublai Khan
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:40 am

Post by ckool5000 »

Oh, also, that first image that you posted ZazieR... It's going to give me nightmares... for real. Also, in a previous game, I had reffered to a male goon as a "she", and when he corrected it, everyone went into a big debate on whether or not I should know whether my scumbuddy's male or female... So that's why I brought it up.
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:41 am

Post by ZazieR »

Wickedestjr wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
You're saying I shouldn't believe him?
I'm voting him, so yeah, I'm saying that you shouldn't believe him.
But I'm saying in that post that it's strange that you believe a claim, yet still would treat him as any ordinary player.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:43 am

Post by ZazieR »

Wicked wrote:I sometimes find that piggy-backing is a good thing. It sometimes a post that one person makes that convinces you to lynch another person that turns out to be mafia. This is one of the main reasons why we discuss before we lynch. I'm sure some people have completely different ideas as to who is scummy and they could be wrong. I would find it more scummy for somebody to completely recite the opinion of another player and pretend as if it was their own idea.

Also, why are people always posting during 1-4 a.m. Why don't you post when you are awake and can give us your most decent opinions. Not that I am saying any posts following these sort of comments have been bad, but I am just requesting this for the future.
But I'm not piggy-back riding.
Also, if that time comment is aimed at me, I live in a country with as timezone GMT+2.
Ignore the ''R''

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”