Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Benmage »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:No, I don't think that this partial claim should include colors.

Example:

Person X: I am Aes Sedai.
Person Y: I am also Aes Sedai.
Person Z: I am not Aes Sedai.

Simple as that, no color or ability information necessary.
MmmMMmm I don't know...It might help us pin point AS, but scum can lie and say they are AS when they aren't ruining this idea.

I think I'm more for a full total mass claim, than this vague one.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ever gonna answer my question about your declaration ben?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Let's take you through an exercise to see which region of your brain isn't functioning properly. If you end up swearing at me a lot after this, it's probably your thalamus.

* MacavityLock and MBL, scumpartners, get in trouble. The town "knows" that one is lying because of detects.
* MacavityLock gets run up by town. He claims. They're ready to crucify him anyway.
* MBL says "no, folks, I don't know why MacavityLock claimed to target poor innocent me last night."
* MacavityLock is lynched as murderous scum who just tried to gank MBL and got caught.
* MBL eats cake for the rest of the game.
This is a terrible, terrible argument full of bad thinking and it makes me want to lynch MBL. Now that I think of it, Isacc was Power-immune also, wasn't he? COuld MBL be the mysterious second dismemberer?
In general making a Warder is exactly what I would expect a Green's ability to be.
Which makes it a perfect safeclaim, neh? Especially without any details for what does it do?
My claim was the most complete/best for its time.
This is not the point in your favor you think it is. It is not notably a point
against
[i/]
in and of itself, but it is kind of
non sequitur

Benmage, without going into the quality of MBL's posts (mainly because I haven't the time right now; some of them are bad for his case) the thrust of his argument is that you have suspected everyone and everone lately. If your suspicions are on everyone, they are on no one.

The AS claim idea strikes me as useless and bad. Aes Sedai will be forced to tell the truth, but (non-Black Ajah) scum won't, and they can bolster each other. All this does is weed out who can be non-Aes Sedai, and not all of them. The fact that KOC endorses this product or service is another good reason to stay away, IMO.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I'm flexible. Town loses a little utility from me claiming but not a ton, and might gain information.

I assume there are about 4 scum remaining, and perhaps a few protown power roles. If seven say no to the claim, I say we nix it, because that means that a few protown power roles see it as detrimental.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:Ever gonna answer my question about your declaration ben?
Which was this again?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Benmage »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm flexible. Town loses a little utility from me claiming but not a ton, and might gain information.

I assume there are about 4 scum remaining, and perhaps a few protown power roles. If seven say no to the claim, I say we nix it, because that means that a few protown power roles see it as detrimental.
I'd like to see you claim.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

the silent speaker wrote:This is a terrible, terrible argument full of bad thinking and it makes me want to lynch MBL.
tss, I don't mean the argument 100% literally. I'm trying to drive home the point that if I were scumpartners with Macavity, bailing him out right there was about the worst play I could have made.

I'm just a little tired of fending off retarded argument after retarded argument because Benmage (and a few others) are too lazy to read the thread properly and think. Somebody's night action on me failed, so I'm scum? Great. I'm Black Ajah who straight-up lied in a thread for no reason whatsoever? Stupid and annoying to have to deal with this crap over and over again.

Clearly, as a result of the oddness my role caused night results, I'm going to have to fend off all sorts of accusations over the next few days. I'm pretty sure I'm playing my role properly though--drawing heat away from the pro-town Aes Sedai. Eating a nightkill would be a win.

All that being said, I do find it odd that MacavityLock claimed to try and still me all by himself. I suggest this for a few reasons:

1) If his partner is ABR, why didn't they ask anyone else to help still me? I read in thread it takes more than one.. so why would Mac piss his night action away if there was like 0% chance of it working? Why wouldn't Albert invoke the usual "My partner has a request" and actually get the job done ???
2) Why still MBL when it's obvious from the thread that I'm not Aes Sedai?

Is it possible that Macavity tried to fry me last night and failed? Does that make more sense than him trying to still me?

Macavity, last chance to admit you did anything besides stilling, because I don't particularly buy that that's what you tried to do to me.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Benmage wrote:I'd like to see you claim.
You can rest assured that I won't be doing a thing simply because you suggested it. You outed or tried to out about 8 players singlehandedly. If there was a scummy for terrible play, you'd win it, UNLESS you're scum.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Benmage »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
the silent speaker wrote: Eating a nightkill would be a win.

All that being said, I do find it odd that MacavityLock claimed to try and still me all by himself. I suggest this for a few reasons:

1) If his partner is ABR, why didn't they ask anyone else to help still me? I read in thread it takes more than one.. so why would Mac piss his night action away if there was like 0% chance of it working? Why wouldn't Albert invoke the usual "My partner has a request" and actually get the job done ???
2) Why still MBL when it's obvious from the thread that I'm not Aes Sedai?

Is it possible that Macavity tried to fry me last night and failed? Does that make more sense than him trying to still me?

Macavity, last chance to admit you did anything besides stilling, because I don't particularly buy that that's what you tried to do to me.
Let bygones be bygones enough tit-for-tat mocking posts…this post is pretty good. You’re looking at different arguments.

I doubt you’re going to get a reverse admitting out of ML, it would mean instant-death.

“Eating a nightkill would be a win” Caught my eye…why have you been so abstinent in the past, if you dying alone benefits us?

TSS statement about the 3rd dismemberment, something about OP immunity seems farfetched, but it did get me thinking about peculiar roles/abilities. You saying he failed to fry you last night means what… you have the foxhead medallion?

I totally agree, his stilling attempt made 0 sense and seemed like a horrible move, I’m sure I mentioned this before :P .
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Benmage »

@MOD messed up quote in post 2508.

Can you delete the silent speaker wrote aspect, the whole quote is MBL's.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Macavity, last chance to admit you did anything besides stilling, because I don't particularly buy that that's what you tried to do to me.
Nope, I attempted to Still you. Before twi 4, I made ABR aware of the fact that I would be attempting to Still an in-thread liar, but I did not tell him which one. I did not expect, nor did I want, him to Still anybody along with me. My desired purpose was detection results only, and I did not expect to succeed in Stilling you, as I don't think you're AS.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

By the way, for the idiots who think that my choice of action last night was a bad one, let me give you two examples of abilities I may or may not have, but that a good player wouldn't have used last night.
1) Twilight Action - Once per game, you may choose another player to act as
Executioner
the next day. That means that your chosen player will have sole control over the lynch. That player's first vote will end the day with the voted players lynch.
2) Rapid Action - You become a
Potato
. You are now the lynch target for at least one male channeler.

If I have either of these abilities, I paraphrased them. Not using them last night was the right thing to do. I can think of a whole host of other abilities that would be correct
not
to use. So, I hope my use of Stilling as detection makes sense.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Since I have no way of knowing what abilities you people have, I assumed you used something practical every night. If stilling is a superior option to other choices, then obviously I retract my comments about your action being scummy.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by armlx »

See above. If you other options were actually that bad, sure.

MoS, a full AS claim is probably valid at this point, given that

A) If Mac is telling the truth, the average AS power probably isn't to the point its worth specifically targeting them.

B) Actual infinite info to sort with the detect abilities.

One last thing

What did SpyreX do to confirm himself as actually having been a channeler in the first place? If there is a claim, I want those who stilled (or w/e) him to come forward with some notification of success, as I'm starting to wonder if its possible for a scum to have just run the gambit claim D1.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I think someone detected One Power and SpyreX claimed it? I don't believe anyone specifically tied him to the action.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

armlx wrote:A) If Mac is telling the truth, the average AS power probably isn't to the point its worth specifically targeting them.
All I know for a fact is my ability. My guess, given what I know about WoT, would be that my ability is on the low end of power of what Kinetic probably gave out. I would expect Red, Green, and Yellow abilities to be more powerful than mine. I think that Blue, Gray, and Brown could either more or less useful than mine, not sure.
armlx wrote:What did SpyreX do to confirm himself as actually having been a channeler in the first place? If there is a claim, I want those who stilled (or w/e) him to come forward with some notification of success, as I'm starting to wonder if its possible for a scum to have just run the gambit claim D1.
As I stated before, I used my Gentling ability on SpyreX Twi 1. Assuming that he had the same abilities I did, I would expect that Kison-White Ajah probably did the same. I did not receive any sort of message about the efficacy of the Gentle.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Hypothesis A:
Benmage has taken about 30 distinct anti-town acts. That's because he is scum, and he should be put down promptly.

Hypothesis B:
Benmage has taken about 30 distinct anti-town acts. He's town and he needs to learn to play this game, so he should be encouraged to simmer down, watch, and learn for a bit.
May I ask which hypothesis you endorse? Surely you didn't go through all that work simply to indulge in WIFOM at the end of it?

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
I need the following people to comment on whether or not they will go along with the partial massclaim:

4. julienvonwolfe
I would be willing to participate in a partial massclaim.

Sajin wrote:I believe ABR is a roleblocker. I just think he has lied to many times to be anything but black ajah. I have to parse everything I type carefully in order to not be penalized yet he seems to not really be following them at all and has misstated ability usages and statements by other people a couple of times and he still has his powers?
This is certainly how I felt in the last game, when I was Aes Sedai.

However, the impression I have of Aes Sedai in this game is that Kinetic is judging whether or not there was an intent to deceive, which I am a tad frustrated by, and I am wondering how he judges this.

Goatrevolt wrote:Sorry for basically disappearing. I'm busy today but will hopefully have a chance to catch up tonight/early tomorrow.
How's that going, then?

armlx wrote:What did SpyreX do to confirm himself as actually having been a channeler in the first place? If there is a claim, I want those who stilled (or w/e) him to come forward with some notification of success, as I'm starting to wonder if its possible for a scum to have just run the gambit claim D1.
Despite the whole thing with Flay and the Jester? I'm unclear as to your thoughts on the setup, but do you think that possible multiple scumgroups would affect this?

Happy birthday :D
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:17 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

armlx wrote:See above. If you other options were actually that bad, sure.

A) If Mac is telling the truth, the average AS power probably isn't to the point its worth specifically targeting them.

One last thing

What did SpyreX do to confirm himself as actually having been a channeler in the first place? If there is a claim, I want those who stilled (or w/e) him to come forward with some notification of success, as I'm starting to wonder if its possible for a scum to have just run the gambit claim D1.
I don't think it's useful for us to claim colors/abilities, see Mac's post as well.

ABR, I have a question for you. On the night that you attempted to roleblock Isacc, did your detection results reflect that attempt?
Permanent V/LA.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

The fact that KOC endorses this product or service is another good reason to stay away, IMO.
Would you care to explain this quote regarding the massclaim, tss? You've not really put forward any suspicion of me that I've noticed up to this point, so...?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Although not much has changed in the votes, I'll have an updated VC in the morning.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:

One last thing

I don't think it's useful for us to claim colors/abilities, see Mac's post as well.

ABR, I have a question for you. On the night that you attempted to roleblock Isacc, did your detection results reflect that attempt?
Why does it matter? He could have easily lied about it. As for Moratorium, he has indeed slept at the location he claimed.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:

One last thing

Why does it matter? He could have easily lied about it. As for Moratorium, he has indeed slept at the location he claimed.
Two things:

- He probably didn't lie about it, as he didn't want to give himself away to abilities that could find locations.
- Based on who slept in the same location as you and the number of detections you had, you can probably figure out if there's a missing detection or not, within reasonable accuracy.
Permanent V/LA.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:01 am

Post by armlx »

Despite the whole thing with Flay and the Jester? I'm unclear as to your thoughts on the setup, but do you think that possible multiple scumgroups would affect this?
SK maybe?
Concur. Simply claiming AS, who you targeted what night, and detections is all I would like to see.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:30 am

Post by Moratorium »

armlx wrote: Concur. Simply claiming AS, who you targeted what night, and detections is all I would like to see.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:37 am

Post by Benmage »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I think someone detected One Power and SpyreX claimed it? I don't believe anyone specifically tied him to the action.
Hence my continued doubt. With a mass claim we could at least discover if he was gentled or not. (I think ML is the only one to claim to attempted gentling SpryeX d1)

The only redeeming aspect here is SpryeX agrees to not live to see this game end, and I for one am still for this.

@ML did you get any response from Kinetic saying you successfully gentled SpryeX? Or one saying you failed to still MBL??

To much vagueness for my liking.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”