Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:Oh yeah, what's IGMEO?
I looked and IGMEOY means i got my eye on you maybe thats what they meant
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Kise »

IGMEO = I got my eye on....

It's usually IGMEOY, where 'Y' would = you.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

minute to slow ;)
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Mastin »

I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten
Goon
Johnny Rotten
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Johnny Rotten »

Sorry for not posting as prolifically as some others. I work 7pm - 7 am, so my schedule is quite backwards.

I am actually at work right now.

I will post something of more signifigance than this when things slow down a bit, and I have a chance to read. Definitely tonight, within the next few hours.
Show
As Town: 2-0

As Scum: 0-0

Lynched: 2x
Redith
Redith
Townie
Redith
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Redith »

More or less skimmed, Mastin. I skipped a couple of pages due to walls of text, and not caring that much. No offense. :]

So. He didn't have anything to say. He kinda just showed up and waggoned.
Idk. Just don't feel right about him.
He has my FoS.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Faraday »

The "3am before bed post" :)
ZazieR wrote:Because in the quote, especially the bolded, he shows that he knows it wasn''t the other scumteam. And that''s only possible if you''re part of it.
Therefore, scumslip.
Perhaps, I don't know. I didn't quite read it like that, I'll let KK explain it though, as I'm interested in seeing what he says.

mastin in 174 wrote:Again, why keep a vote on someone if they're not your primary suspect?
Khan's worthy of keeping an eye on. Not worthy of keeping a vote on.
Alright, this is reasonable
Considering my post length...
That takes some serious skill.

I enjoy reading mafia games almost as much as playing in them :D
Like I said, you can think someone's scummy (or even know that they're scum), yet still admit that they do raise some good points. I don't really see the problem with it.
I guess, although the reasons for finding rofl suspicious were rather, sup par, I felt.
Eh, fair request. Don't really see the point, though
No harm asking :P

Nothing else I felt particularly note-worthy atm.

I'm knackered, but yeh MM, who do you think is scum at this point?

Also Ckool, who is the only player who I've actually played a game with here seems to be playing similarly to how he did in our newbie game, except more experienced :D

Anyway hitting the bed, I'm sure ye bastards will post up a storm during the night and give me loads to read :wink:
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

ZazieR 149 wrote:Elaborate.
Using someone else's evidence to justify your vote. If it turns out to be wrong, it's the other guy's fault, not yours. Self-absolution is scummy.
ZazieR 160 wrote:As far as you know?! You claimed miller, shouldn''t you know if you''re a death miller or not in such situation?
And are you serious with the second point, or not?
My Role PM just says I'm a regular miller. I haven't checked iamausername's meta-mod to see if he's the type of mod to get creative with secret roles. So I'm a regular miller, as far as I know.

Semi-serious on the second point. Maybe. Vague accusations suck, don't they.
ZazieR 168 wrote:Because in the quote, especially the bolded, he shows that he knows it wasn''t the other scumteam. And that''s only possible if you''re part of it.
Therefore, scumslip.
It doesn't show crap. In context I was asking ckool5000 why he thought "scenario A" happened and not an alternative "Scenario B". I never said that "Scenario B" is what I thought happened.

FOS: ZazieR

@Mastin (169): Kise's comment definitely wasn't a breadcrumb and it read like a hardclaim. Kise is claiming it was an entrapment ploy, so there ya go.

I agree with you that it's odd that roflcopter didn't include me in the rolefishing accusation. But I guess it looks like roflcopter is serious about his desire to not lynch me.
MafiaMann 171 wrote:1 Im not saying its all true by any means but there maybe some truth in that statement. It shouldnt be disregarded and ignored because it was mastin who said it. Im tired of everything is just mastin being mastin.
I don't think anyone ignored it because it was "Mastin being Mastin". I think it got mostly ignored because it was the first post in the game. But I did mention in post 33 that I thought Mastin was the type of person who would enjoy joking about how scummy he was when he actually was scum. He agreed with me in post 40.
MafiaMann 171 wrote:2 Im not making reaching arguments i havent even really made many argument please quote what you are referring to because all i said was wouldnt make sense for the mafias to be symmetrical.
I was referring to your suggestion that there are mirror mafia groups. It's just a really random assumption to make. Unless, of course, you're also a Mafia Doctor. In which case it's a perfectly reasonable assumption.
Redith 176 wrote:FoS: Empking's Alt.
I post reasons later.
I hate stuff like this. Why was it so important to get in your FOS announced right away before you had time to post an actual reason? It's an FOS, not a vote. Why don't you just wait until you have time to post, then post both your FOS and your reason(s).

EBWOP: Reason given. Was so short he could have written it the first time. Active Lurker.

@Hayker: Stop making posts like 185 & 186. It's bad enough that ZazieR and Mastin post mostly nonsense posts. Don't emulate them.

@Mastin 187: Why aren't you taking my questions (about meta) seriously?
Mastin 192 wrote:Only scum or bad town will put weight into my RVS comments.
Didn't you always brag about how you caught Kronos & jeffcole1 in Newbie 742 according to their RVS comments? IIRC, it's one of your "Insane Tells". How come you're asking to be judged differently?

@ckool5000 199: Huh?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Kublai Khan wrote: @ckool5000 199: Huh?
I've always wanted to point out a "lol" scum-tell, even if it's not
that
big of a scum-tell.
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Dear lord, i hate you Mastin. Will read up after beach trip tomorrow.

damn.... hate you...
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

ckool5000 wrote:
that
big of a scum-tell.
I'm saying "Huh?" about this (bolded):
ckool5000 wrote:Actually, it's not THAT serious of a tell, I just really wanted to say that about someone's post... But that is something to point out, and adds a point to the
"Suspicion of Kublai Khan-o-meter".
I never say "lol". Are you confusing me with Kise or are Kise's actions somehow causing you to suspect me?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Kublai Khan wrote:
ckool5000 wrote:
that
big of a scum-tell.
I'm saying "Huh?" about this (bolded):
ckool5000 wrote:Actually, it's not THAT serious of a tell, I just really wanted to say that about someone's post... But that is something to point out, and adds a point to the
"Suspicion of Kublai Khan-o-meter".
I never say "lol". Are you confusing me with Kise or are Kise's actions somehow causing you to suspect me?
Oh, sorry. I got you confused with Kise... So much confusion...
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Kublai Khan wrote: It doesn't show crap. In context I was asking ckool5000 why he thought "scenario A" happened and not an alternative "Scenario B". I never said that "Scenario B" is what I thought happened.
But, however, I said that I thought "Scenario A" was very unlikely, and you flipped them around.

Sorry, I just really wanted to say that.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by fallen angel »

Ok, scumlist time.

Mastin- Seems perfectly normal to me. Lots of scumhunting. Pro-town.
ZazieR- Mastin with shorter posts.
Roflcopter- Other then a ton of tunneling, not much suspicious about him. Pro-town.
ckool5000- Little content, comments more then really analyzes. What he does analyze isn't extremely helpful. Attempting to scumhunt. Neutral leaning towards town.
Faraday- Seems extremely pro-town. Looking forward to hearing from him.
Hayker- Backtracks and doesn't seem to be seriously scumhunting. Neutral at best.
Johnny Rotten- Waiting for his big post, but the case Kise put on him seems really weak. Not enough posts for a guess at alignment.
Kise- Weak vote on JR. Tried to put up a reason for it, and failed. Possible softclaim of a killing role, then backtracks. Neutral leaning towards scummy.
Khan- Early miller claim seems fine to me, I don't see why it was such a huge deal. He's obviously still a suspect, but an early miller claim seems like the right move, so that doesn't bother me. Other then that, seems to be scumhunting fairly actively. Pro-townish.
MM- Seems newbtown, but possible newbscum. I'm not great at differentiating between them. Didn't really analyze anything as much as bring up questions. Tunneled on Mastin's 2 factions claim. Very weak scumhunting. Neutral leaning at scummy.

Everyone else who has x<5 posts I didn't really analyze, I did JR more because of the case against him. To all unanalyzed players, OMG POST MOAR!! That is all.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by fallen angel »

Oh, forgot to
Unvote
. Rereading tomorrow.
reveillark
reveillark
Townie
reveillark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by reveillark »

Wow I didn't even know this game started yet. I was away all weekend and still haven't slept since friday night so i'll read through this shenanigans tomorrow morning and post something.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Mastin wrote:Rofl, to be fair, your attitude is not one which I think is scummy. Your playstyle is annoying, to say the least, and you tunnel and refuse to give up, no matter how well your target defends themselves. It can work (which is why whenever it does, you gain rather the ego, in my opinion) well sometimes, but it is far from 100%. Or 50%, for that matter.
Is this the reason why you said that we shouldn't kill Rofl, but somebody else instead? Because I asked you in our QT, but you couldn't respond to it as the day started soon afterwards :(

Seriously though, it seems you're mainly attacking Rofl for his playstyle in post 169. Why is that?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by ZazieR »

MafiaMann wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:@Empking's Alt (112): Oh, okay.

@MafiaMann (116): Mastin listed you as a member of Mafia A and you weren't sure if he was completely joking? I took Mastin's opening post as a joke calling out and ribbing people he had a history and was familiar with. The fact that you aren't someone Mastin knows is now making me say hmmm.

Also: You're making some pretty reaching arguments which seem to betray a deeper knowledge of the game and it's setup than I've got. All I know is that there are 3 kills. Since the flavor is pretty minimal, the fact that the Cerulean Mafia has a name would strongly indicate that there are at least 2 mafia groups. The third kill could be a serial killer, a vigilante, or a third mafia group. The listed causes of death (Slaughtered/Murdered/Annihilated) give us no hints as to which group did what.

These are the bare basic facts. Your wild speculation about multiple mafia doctors is unhelpful and has been noted.
1 Im not saying its all true by any means but there maybe some truth in that statement. It shouldnt be disregarded and ignored because it was mastin who said it. I'm tired of everything is just mastin being mastin.
Well, for that statement to have some truth, Mastin has to be scum, no?
So do you think he's scum and why?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by ZazieR »

MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Ok, I hadn''t seen yet that MM didn''t throw any opinions in.
Do you have anything to add?

(Happy scumday btw :))
I think mastins not being completely clear in everything he says. His use of sarcasm is confusing and breeds WIFOM arguments. I dont know if its scummy or the way he plays but definitely is not helpful when he isnt straight forward with the town.
So the reason why you only call out Mastin, but not me, is?
Also, in this post you mention that it could be his play (finding an excuse why it's not scummy), but in your previous post (post 171) you state that you're tired of everything is just Mastin being Mastin.
So what is it?
Ignore the ''R''
Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten
Goon
Johnny Rotten
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Post by Johnny Rotten »

Alright, I'm back.......

I do have one random, off topic question. What the hell is a "scum-day"? Is that just a fancy name for birthday? (yes, it is 3 am and I am tired)

Anyway, back on topic.....I tend to look at things in a fairly black and white kind of way. Yes, the object of the game is to lynch scum (from a town standpoint) or to lynch town (from a mafia standpoint), with the
ultimate objective
being to eliminate all of the other side.

Now, my call for other people opinions on Mastin was made with the
ultimate objective
in mind, which is winning the damn game!!!

Face it, Mastin (at least so far) has been THE talk of the game. If he is town, then all he is doing is taking attention away from finding the scum. All the mafia members can sit back and fly UTR, because good ole Mastin will be drawing all the heat on himself.

THAT is why I feel he makes for the best lynch at this point. A few other players that have experience with Mastin say that he plays all of his games like this, from start to finish. In my opinion, he is a detriment to the town, and should be lynched.

Vote: Mastin

Now, the reason that I did not want to vote before is simple.....the game JUST started!! The deadline is what, 3 weeks away? I didn't see the need to do that yet, but apparently my opinion was the opposite of "good game logic", hence my above vote.

I do have one hypothetical question I would like to ask. Kublai Khan has claimed Miller. If, by some happenstance, the cop in this game were to investigae KK on night 0, would the result that he/she received change anything?

The reason I ask is simple......the question has been kinda bugging me since last night (real time, not game time), when a lot of talk was on KK and his claim. I kept thinking about the above scenario and couldn't make heads or tails of whether or not it would change anything.
Show

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Mastin wrote:My "distraction" only lasts until the RVS is over. Then I start scum hunting.
As long as the game is Zazie-free, this would be correct. See post 174 for the reason why XD

Agreed on the part about Rotten.

And I already saw that you stated that you missed Kublai's post (I think) due to simul post. I also stated that it seemed plausible, as I've had this as well in a different fast-paced game >.<

Also, stop responding to things that aren't aimed at you >.<

I'll make one big post in which I reply to the other things of this post addressed at me, as those were very jokey. That way, the other players can at least ignore the other post if they want to :)
Ignore the ''R''
Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten
Goon
Johnny Rotten
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Johnny Rotten »

Alright, I'm back.......

I do have one random, off topic question. What the hell is a "scum-day"? Is that just a fancy name for birthday? (yes, it is 3 am and I am tired)

Anyway, back on topic.....I tend to look at things in a fairly black and white kind of way. Yes, the object of the game is to lynch scum (from a town standpoint) or to lynch town (from a mafia standpoint), with the
ultimate objective
being to eliminate all of the other side.

Now, my call for other people opinions on Mastin was made with the
ultimate objective
in mind, which is winning the damn game!!!

Face it, Mastin (at least so far) has been THE talk of the game. If he is town, then all he is doing is taking attention away from finding the scum. All the mafia members can sit back and fly UTR, because good ole Mastin will be drawing all the heat on himself.

THAT is why I feel he makes for the best lynch at this point. A few other players that have experience with Mastin say that he plays all of his games like this, from start to finish. In my opinion, he is a detriment to the town, and should be lynched.

Vote: Mastin

Now, the reason that I did not want to vote before is simple.....the game JUST started!! The deadline is what, 3 weeks away? I didn't see the need to do that yet, but apparently my opinion was the opposite of "good game logic", hence my above vote.

I do have one hypothetical question I would like to ask. Kublai Khan has claimed Miller. If, by some happenstance, the cop in this game were to investigae KK on night 0, would the result that he/she received change anything?

The reason I ask is simple......the question has been kinda bugging me since last night (real time, not game time), when a lot of talk was on KK and his claim. I kept thinking about the above scenario and couldn't make heads or tails of whether or not it would change anything.

BTW, I feel as though I am neglecting to answer a question posed to me earlier.....and to be honest, I am too lazy right now to go looking for it. So, if it is your question that I missed, please re-post, or direct me to the original one, and I will be happy to!
Show

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:17 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Rotten wrote:I do have one random, off topic question. What the hell is a "scum-day"? Is that just a fancy name for birthday? (yes, it is 3 am and I am tired)
Well, in each profile you can see when a player joined the site. When that date arrives again, you're having a scumday. It's a 'birthday' only regarding the date you joined.
Will check your post later.
Ignore the ''R''
Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten
Goon
Johnny Rotten
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by Johnny Rotten »

Damn, my apologies for the double post. Not quite sure how that happened.

Mod
feel free to delete the first of the double post (the 2nd has a paragraph that strangely didn't make it onto the first post?)
Show

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten
Goon
Johnny Rotten
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by Johnny Rotten »

ZazieR wrote:
Rotten wrote:I do have one random, off topic question. What the hell is a "scum-day"? Is that just a fancy name for birthday? (yes, it is 3 am and I am tired)
Well, in each profile you can see when a player joined the site. When that date arrives again, you're having a scumday. It's a 'birthday' only regarding the date you joined.

Thanks for the info!!!
Show

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”