Newbie 800 ~ Mafia: The Reality Show (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

/confirmed
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

<b>Check</b>
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

Recheck
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

Anticollie

FOS: Onion.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

[red]Anticolle[\red][\b]

FOS: Onion[\b] C

I kn
O[\b]w whAt i mea[red]
N[\b][\red]t.
I[\b] didY n[red]
O[\red][\b]t attempt to vote for U a
N[\b]ticolle. Simply bolded him for later REference.

A Different game we play wiTH rIddeS? Y/N.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:52 am

Post by auditor9006 »

Cyren wrote:
Onion wrote:"no townie would hammer, which means that anyone who hammers would be scum"
You can't just state something as fact. How about if I say, "The last two on my BW are scum."? Does that prove you are/would be? No. Raeil (the first to vote me) is just as likely to be scum as you right now.
There are plenty of bad townies out there who would have lynched me simply because they could.

Onion wrote:
nobody hammered,
but it was still worth it
because it made me laugh

And yes Auditor I could though it gave me a headache :/ and you still haven't said why you yourself FOSd Onion.

Sorry I've been out of school for some years now and my grammar/punctuation has gone to crap.

Riddle in the first,

A mix of game and mirth

[red]
Play reverse for a true tale told.[/red]

High up on the hill,
[red]
T[\red][\b]
h
e cabbage patch [red]
is[\red][\b] b[red]
O[\red][\b]r[red]
N[\red][\b]

In it grows a strang[red]
E[\red][\b]r,
Round and full of scorn.

The na[red]
i[\red][\b]l growS towards him,
His sEeds Are full of fight[red][\b]s[\red][\b],

For he had nearlY killed a man,
Before the dead of night.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

[quote="Raeil"]While I don't lynch out of frustration, I agree with Haylen. Please, even if you do post poetry, post without all the editing tags and with proper grammar.

Alas! She cried, and waved her wooden leg.
If their is nothing more to read then let us all to bed.
A dragon from his slumber,
was roused and roundabout -

the man moved from the bedroom,
without a hush or shout.
Awake by upstarts virtue,
"Hear this" the old man cried

And to Raeil directed
his attention far and wide.
"If you see between the sheets,
And tell me what is there,

Then i shall ne'er bother you
with prefix harsh or fair!"

"However" did the man say
"Should you not prove to heed,
Then my verbal cascade,
will still be yours to read."

Their is always something more to see, then someones' simple similes.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:01 am

Post by auditor9006 »

ric wrote:no need to take the vote off now. if i remember correctly, cyren is at -3 now.

but if its that big of a deal i will
unvote cyren
Vote:ric

To
h
id
e
amongst the soil is fun,
But not if your the only one.

Try too hard to
p
rove your ilk,
m
a
kes you the sour i
n
the m
i
lk.

To make it
c
lear what i say,
Ric has gone and run away!

Even the best run li
ke
the rest. En
d

Begginners Guide
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:24 am

Post by auditor9006 »

Ha
y
l
e
n read
s
and writes the truth,
from following a single proof.

If one gets one then all should see,
my very simple similes,
are easy peasy lemon sqeezey.
(I know, that's really very cheezy ;-))
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

auditor

did you get this suggestion from game 790? or there something else there youd like to bring up?[/quote]

Seven
n
ine
O
h
are numbers that i do not know.

If you
c
annot ph
y
sically,
b
r
ing yours
e
lf a
n
d back to read,
my old statements far and w
i
de,
in
si
de the old texts do hide,
other poi
nt
s i mak
e
quite clea
r
though th
e
y are prone to disappear.

S
ome
ti
mes what i say is true,
but if my opinion muddles you,
do not worry about such thi
ng
s.
Its only just a little sting -

Of thought about our place around.
Our mafia is still underground...

That's as far as i can see,
Tell me child, what ails thee?
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

Ric and onion back each other?
Their prose is very tightly wound
and i find thought that cause me bother
though few to stir and make a sound...
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

Echo wrote:Also, I don't like how auditor's talking in poetry. You can't pick apart posts written in poetry; it's just not possible. I think that's exactly what he's trying to avoid.

vote: auditor9006
To comprehend my simple posts,
takes two to three things
a
t most.
First you need a brai
n
y
o
ur quiver
to evaluate what i write hither.

Ne
xt, an element of trust,
that you
can
dissect what is what
and pick apa
r
t what i hav
e
wrote
to find wh
a
t is of great import.

Finally my simple friend
you simply nee
d
to comprehend -
to take some time, relax, sit down
and takes those furrows off your crown.

If you are skimming through the thread
not sitting down to read whats said
then you will make a coy mistake,
a slip, a error, a rush of fate -

And
this
will mean a waste of time
to follow in your petty line.

So though i do but post in verse,
for town productivity, your worse.

And so i will bid adue
except to say this - just for you.

If you dont have time to play,
please leave the thread and go away!

And also of worthy note, Dear C:
Its funny how you follow me.

I think we may have some shared views,
we will have to see where this leads to.

Hopefully you can all keep up.
I'd rather not have to pass the buck.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:48 am

Post by auditor9006 »

Raeil

1. auditor9006 - First you messed with tags, then you messed with poetry, and I'm not enjoying it at all. Poetry is nice, but needs to be easily spelled out to help the town in a Mafia game. I'm happy you've cleaned up the tags, but if I have to dig to understand what you're saying (who you're accusing and what you're evidence is) then it hurts the town's thought process. Hurting the town's thought process makes me suspicious of scum.

Question for you to answer: How do you think posting something that is hard to dig through will help the town?

As i have explained before
i do not think that my report
is difficult to comprehend.
Vis-a-vis and to that end

If you are paying close attention,
to what is written i will mention
that this encourages our players,
to take time and fully read the layers
of text that's written here and there,
instead of scrolling through the air
and simply writing out a post,
with less intelligence then most.

Further

To scrutinize the page my friends,
is more important then to pretend
that you cant read these simple posts.
So here's to you, a round of toasts.

"Hip hip hooray" for all to see,
ill not enjoy your misery.

In repose i feel that i must
come and call your attention thus:

I find it hard for you to question
everyone and their intentions.

The more that scum know helps us less,
and to ask who wants who dead is this;
both testy, dangerous and why?
because you seem like a night guy.

If mafia know who wants who,
they can direct attention, misguiding you.

Anticollie

Which is why Anticollie i continue thus.
I may be town though i remain nonplussed -
at your incessant hiss and boo,
to people that offended you.

And then you give out names and titles
to blackmail friendship in the aisles?
You've solid logic ill give you that
but to nothing else ill doff my cap.

Why admit to keeping track
of other players (behind their back)
when now they know of your intention
they can play for misdirection?

I appreciate your our IC
but frankly that doesn't bother me.
Because you missed out on what ric,
and onion did - and thats a trick
to say that if your simply blind.
Your only putting us behind.

that said your assertive enough to find
what other players come to mind.

So fair enough if you wont read this.
I guess its stuff you'll have to miss.

Cyren

You and i share our ideas
on Onions and his freindly fears,
(that is to say ric is too close)
and onion backs away to boast-
and claim that ric and he are not tied.
Between you and me i think he lied.

But we shall see who is more like scum.
Its between ric and obstinate onion.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:01 am

Post by auditor9006 »

Raeil wrote:
auditor9006

After yet another read,
I feel I understand your posting need.
For poetry is the absolute best
To separate the skimmers from the rest.

Your lyric and rhyme keep up with the time,
and thus your intentions are clear.

When you keep it simple, you make several ripples,
and the eyes of the readers do tear.

Raeil

Nice to see a piece of verse,
that keeps up with simple plain tone.

Sadly i may but drive the hearse
and so i will but end this throne.

auditor9006 wrote:The more that scum know helps us less
I think you need to explain your reasoning here, auditor. Yes, the more the scum know, the worse off we are, but the scum only know who townies are, and anything else they find out, we will also find out. So the more the scum know is also the more the town knows, which is a heck of a lot better for town than scum. Explain please.
Because your all complaining and it takes quite a while to think up this stuff i will intermittently stop. That way i can explain stuff and you can "get a read" on me but then i will go back to the fun of verse. I enjoy it. So the poetry will continue but i will justify myself in prose, that way you get a bit of both worlds.

The original broken coding
was
an attempt at communicating with anyone who would be able to understand it. It proved too hard and resulted in being an add on to the verse to help explain what i was saying.

Anticollie's "vote" was not. I was trying to get his attention because he was IC and he had already stated that "- I'm highly quantative. I'll take notes and data feverishly. if you ever need to know something about "who said this and when." I'll have that available. 9That said, I do not expose notes until post-game, and even then, only if asked"(6)

I was hoping that my next few posts would grab his attention and he would "analyze" and work out what i was trying to say. Sadly he had no interest in this.

Echo

Firstly, Cyren and i appear to share similar views. I see ric's move as initial buddying, then when onion "pushed" him away by saying that there was no connection this felt like panic on both sides.

ric then changes his standpoint to
"heres why i think you are the most suspicious by far despite my 'read' on you"

having supported and defended onion the whole way through the first 4 pages. Not only is this a complete double take, the whole time Cyren is accusing pretty much the same thing as i am seeing and the best response from onion and ric is to either change tac and say that Cyren is scum, which is very OMGUS or to then attack each other. (on ric's side).

Everyone

When i say "the more that scum know helps us less" i literally mean that. The scum start off with the advantage of knowing who they are. any info that we share gives them a better edge. If a doctor role claims, scum will be able to know if he is telling the truth or not far easier then we will.(I know that this is a very black and white example but i hope you get what i am saying)

Yes, more information gives us a clearer picture of the environment we are in, but on the first day i prefer to judge off of people's mistakes they make while posting, then to any actual rolefishing which was what we had at the beginning of the game. Anticollie's posts were well layered but to ask who you would vote for in a pressure situation to Raeli is very scummy to me. If the scum can follow vote lines then it is much easier for them to stealth-bandwagon and curtail opinion round to the wrong side.

The rest of his questioning at (99) was solid, as i backed up in the verse:

"You've solid logic ill give you that
but to nothing else ill doff my cap."

Regardless what this "outbreak" came down to was one person:

Onion

For such a suspicious move right at the start of the game, and then your subsequent (either) bad plays or scummy moves following, why would you back up verse that everyone else (mostly) is disagreeing with? This is what has caused me to stop with it for the moment. Because if someone who i think is scum is appreciating it, im sure as hell going to stop.

I still don't think verse is adverse for town - you can pick apart what is written just as much as you could probably pick this apart to say "oh, hes scum" but either way if your a good enough wordsmith you can defend yourself. Its also quite a nice little tool to get guide lines for meta gaming in a new environment, as well as night lynch of off key players is far more telling then simply lynching a townie who either says very little or doesn't get heavily involved in discussions.

Regardless Onion has halted me for the time being. My vote however still remains on Ric. The reason being ric i believe is acting far more suspicious overall, and onion could simply be a new player making new mistakes (after all that what most of us are). However Ric is SE. He is STILL acting as scummy, if not more then Onion. I dont give him the benefit of the doubt in this case. And so i stick with what i have.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

Anticollie

Quick response before i go to bed.

I agree that it is beneficial to both sides when gathering information. I disagree that "The only data that sticks around is game-changing data. All else is lost to the great Metapool in the sky. Therefore, the request for data that is irrelevant from one player- assuming great schisms do not occur, is in the best of cases: helpful. But usually, a null tell and an attempt to keep people talking."

This is because in previous games i have played outside of this site many players kept a vote and track log of who votes/fos/attacks or protects who. While this massively helps town out to know what people are doing, when the mafia are able to get a free read on individuals any good scum player will be able to swing this information to severely misdirect and confuse town. It gets worse, in that because town are recording all logs, any deception on the mafia's part means that the data becomes rapidly irrelevant.

However as you state it can become a null tell if it is not actually used in game and is just a statement of opinion. So again, in response a yes and no to what you say but i do respect where you are going with it - i think it comes down to different mindsets.

With regards to verse (i HATE calling things like this poetry, its not because it only has a constructive sense within game. It has no outside aesthetic.) I don't think i have ever just said "oh you just misread" at any point, but feel free to correct me and i will explain myself at any time.

I also can understand why you would throw a shitstorm up against verse that was less then constructive, but so far i feel it has kept the pace of the game up and actually brought about some productive discussion outside of simply "stop/keep posting 'poetry'"

I appreciate your trying to keep things constructive and its good to pursue questions, im just wary of the more specific moves - after all i dislike role fishing or any other scummy styles of play. (Though i admit that verse seems to sort of be in the same area, i find it can be much more pro town then negative.)

Thats good enough for now - if i notice something else tomorrow i will address it then.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:37 am

Post by auditor9006 »

Ric

"I hate walls of text, heres a wall of text telling you about how much i hate them/telling you to trust me because i say so."
oh yeah id be remiss if i didnt mention the contents of this post as another reason to persuade auditor to entirely stop posting in *verse* - its time and energy consuming and is too dangerous to trust etc etc (like i said before in my last post)
Heres whats wrong with this:
I went back and read my longest verse. It took me less time to read then your "short" wall of text. By its nature, if it is put plain and simply verse is both more pleasing to read through, faster, better comprehended because people cant just skip over things, and can actually explain something better then simply saying it.

(so the answer is no mate, sorry i wont stop. Because i too hate just walls of text.) But i will continue to post in prose as well.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:03 am

Post by auditor9006 »

Ric

"if you want a mini-lesson on subjectivity vs objectivity and why both deserve a place, i can post it or pm it to you (if its legal) but not here in this post. its already long enough."

My last part was more commenting on the arrogance of assumption in this statement thats all.

Its not misrepresenting, i was merely pointing out what it looked like to me. I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours. I still agree with the majority of the points but it comes across as superior in its language - telling rather then questioning or inquiring of other people what to do.

Regardless this is off topic and i apologize for going there. I just get annoyed at people bossing others around.

Anticollie

In which case what your effectively saying is that everyone should tell everyone else everything all the way down to roleclaiming on the first day. Thats what it seems like to me at least - i get that your not, but i also disagree with your playstyle.

The reason is i hate the people who mathematically break everything down from a starting point of discussion to analysis then follow through with the data to work out exactly what is going on.

I
know
its one of the best possible methods but to be quite frank i dont see the fun in it - i do after all play to be entertained not to over analyze everything. Verse makes it that much more enjoyable for me regardless of others opinion and thats largely why i do it. I know the consequences and i can deal with them.

What i find annoying about the data analysis method is that sure you can work out the game much better, but i just think it takes away the edge of the fun in the game. Its the leeroy jenkins syndrome - you can sit around all day working everything out, or just go in and have fun. I prefer the latter because it is actually entertaining for me - and im sure you prefer the former because thats more fun for you.

At the end of the day you will more likely be a better player then me, but if im not enjoying it i may as well leave anyway. so like i said, i will keep the verse down, but dont ask me to stop having fun.

back on topic - quite a few people seem to have cut down on posting, lets get back to onion and ric.

Ric:
Why do you seemingly change opinion on the onion fiasco - you still seem determined to defend him but you also advocate him as scum?
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:19 am

Post by auditor9006 »

Ric actually gives a good explanation on 118, so i apologize for forgetting it - it was on a previous post page and so i skipped it over in my mind when posting the question. Also, thanks for the nice response as well Ric, i think that clears quite a few of my misgivings up.

I went back and reread from the beginning and if your telling the truth about your play style then i certainly think your not scum. However this will re spot my vote to onion - not yet because we don't need another L-1 so soon, but eventually if we are done with questioning on the last day and he is still top dog then i would be more then happy to vote his way. Plus if he does come out scum we can always come back to you.

unvote

I would question onion but much has already been done in that ball park so i will change tack - the three who are already voting on onion - Anticollie, sidney and Cyren. though we likely already know the reasons for you voting him, so what do you think about your fellow voters?
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 am

Post by auditor9006 »

onion wrote: and auditor who doesn't like arrogant people will have a hard time with two philosophers and Anticollie.
If you have a philosophy degree at least BA in a 2/1 at any decent red brick university then i will absolutely not disagree with you, and i will respect your opinion.

If you graduated from a poly, got less then a 2/1 and dont even have a BA (dropped out) then your not a philosopher. I will trust people to tell the truth about their degree and respect opinion where its due.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

Aye long live Mike in heaven. May he get as many kids as he can fondle. I loved the music but always kept the man apart.

May he rest in peace.

I get what Cyren is saying in your part though anticollie - everyone has different playstyles but their is no need to use foul language - you can still be an aggressive player without swearing.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:02 am

Post by auditor9006 »

Anticollie wrote:
onion wrote: Anticollie posts without much game content, while Sideney barely posts at all. here he agrees with everyone, states non controversial reasons for his vote and tries to not stand out at all.
I call bullshit.
I agree here, Onion if your trying to build up a case against one of us, try someone who
isnt
getting discussion going, asking mostly solid questions and generally being one of the most productive towns.

Sorry to do this guys but i
may
need a replacement - from this sunday afternoon to the friday i will be going camping with my mates.

If its too long mod feel free to replace.
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

Not much to say but good response ric. We will of course take into consideration all reasonable dues if onion is scum. I will at least.

140 is simply saying dont call yourself a philosopher without proper academic credentials.

This could well be my last post/last ever post if i am mod killed/replaced within the week.

I really dont want to do it this way but as i have no other choice i
Unvote

Vote:Onion

Yes, i know what i just did and im sorry to put us at L-1 but better to lynch then no lynch, and i wont let that happen just because im not in the picture.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”