stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:38 am

Post by stuntkeyboardist »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
vote: DeathRowKitty because I dont know you!
nice to meet you too :mrgreen:
lol. I've met a few people on this board already. I'd feel bad voting for them, but since that isnt your fault, I'll
unvote
you (for now).
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:39 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

canadianbovine wrote:if what conspicuous says is true, i will
unvote nohand
to keep him out of L-2
Why so scared of Lynch-2 right now? At this stage of the game a scum quicklynch would be utterly transparent, suicidally so from a scum point of view.
#greenshirtthursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:44 am

Post by canadianbovine »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
canadianbovine wrote:if what conspicuous says is true, i will
unvote nohand
to keep him out of L-2
Why so scared of Lynch-2 right now? At this stage of the game a scum quicklynch would be utterly transparent, suicidally so from a scum point of view.
\(o_o)/

flavor messes me up here.

the game has to decide right now. Will we refer to the gunless scum as scum still....or the NKing town as scum?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:48 am

Personally, I'm calling the informed minority the 'scum', and the uninformed majority is the 'town', but taking care not to use the word 'mafia' when describing the scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:56 am

Post by canadianbovine »

thats good enough for me.

your logic isnt making sense to me, then. Its suicidal for the scum to lynch during this stage, because its transparent, as in you can't see whose scum by quicklynch

So by your logic, my removing my vote proves my townness?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:00 pm

canadianbovine wrote:thats good enough for me.

your logic isnt making sense to me, then. Its suicidal for the scum to lynch during this stage, because its transparent, as in you can't see whose scum by quicklynch

Uh, no. Your logic on removing your vote was to make sure nohand wasn't on Lynch-2. I presume that was because you feared two scum piling on for a quicklynch.

Maybe you misunderstand the word transparent - see-through. i.e., if scum piled on for the quicklynch at this stage (it's just random votes - no reasonable case on nohand whatsoever), they'd be making their anti-town-ness clear. Ergo, why, at this stage of the game, should we be scared of Lynch-2?

I don't necessarily think your unvote indicates town or scum...I was hoping to see deeper behind it by asking you about your reasons for it.
#greenshirtthursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
canadianbovine wrote:thats good enough for me.

Uh, no. Your logic on removing your vote was to make sure nohand wasn't on Lynch-2. I presume that was because you feared two scum piling on for a quicklynch.

Maybe you misunderstand the word transparent - see-through. i.e., if scum piled on for the quicklynch at this stage (it's just random votes - no reasonable case on nohand whatsoever), they'd be making their anti-town-ness clear. Ergo, why, at this stage of the game, should we be scared of Lynch-2?

I don't necessarily think your unvote indicates town or scum...I was hoping to see deeper behind it by asking you about your reasons for it.
I don't know what i was thinking.. i took the opposite definition of transparency i guess. or i screwed up with my pseudo logic on how transparency would protect a scum.

This is my first game back in a while and i used to play newbie games a lot, where they'd be prone to doing something like quicklynching during RVS.

Now that i see it...The Vote Count was even more screwed, DRK had two votes.

Vote: Nohandtyper

he wasnt even at L-2 :oops:
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:09 pm

My logic still applies to newbie games. By 'this stage of the game' I meant the random voting stage, which was certainly true here and would be true in newbie games as well. I make the same point when I play as an IC - Lynch-2 is rarely that dangerous. (it's only really an issue in Large games, and not always then.)

What I do find interesting is your re-vote. As it was a random one, why did you feel it was important to put it back on after establishing that he wasn't at Lynch-2 after all?
#greenshirtthursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

ChannelDelibird wrote:My logic still applies to newbie games. By 'this stage of the game' I meant the random voting stage, which was certainly true here and would be true in newbie games as well. I make the same point when I play as an IC - Lynch-2 is rarely that dangerous. (it's only really an issue in Large games, and not always then.)

What I do find interesting is your re-vote. As it was a random one, why did you feel it was important to put it back on after establishing that he wasn't at Lynch-2 after all?
because he still hasn't responded to how he can type without hands. I've put up a solid case on how hard it is to type with other body parts.

Basically i un unvoted. If i had noticed early the mod made a mistake I wouldn't of unvoted.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Follow-up question: what was the purpose of your random vote? (I don't mean, to answer the question of how he can type with no hands. I mean, in the context of the game of mafia, why did you place a random vote?)
#greenshirtthursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

ChannelDelibird wrote:Follow-up question: what was the purpose of your random vote? (I don't mean, to answer the question of how he can type with no hands. I mean, in the context of the game of mafia, why did you place a random vote?)
the same reason i believe a RVS exists. To stir up discussion and get the game rolling. If it werent for a random voting stage it'd be simply awkward.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

follow up answer: we'd all lurk waiting for something to happen.

The game needs someway to start.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:24 pm

canadianbovine wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:Follow-up question: what was the purpose of your random vote? (I don't mean, to answer the question of how he can type with no hands. I mean, in the context of the game of mafia, why did you place a random vote?)
the same reason i believe a RVS exists. To stir up discussion and get the game rolling. If it werent for a random voting stage it'd be simply awkward.
Last question, I promise (unless your response is particularly weird): do you feel that your vote on nohandtyper regarding the implications of his username continues to be as useful a tool to start helpful or useful discussion as it was when you made it, to the point of meriting you making sure it was put back after unvoting it for whatever reason? Why?
#greenshirtthursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

ChannelDelibird wrote: Last question, I promise (unless your response is particularly weird): do you feel that your vote on nohandtyper regarding the implications of his username continues to be as useful a tool to start helpful or useful discussion as it was when you made it, to the point of meriting you making sure it was put back after unvoting it for whatever reason? Why?
It has certainly remained useful.

Look at our little discussion we've just had over the past hour. Busiest this thread has ever been. You've found out more about me, and I've found out more about you.

Hopefully some other people will come by soon and it will spark more discussion. I noticed lobster was on but I guess he didn't check this thread yet.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:31 pm

canadianbovine wrote:It has certainly remained useful.

Look at our little discussion we've just had over the past hour. Busiest this thread has ever been. You've found out more about me, and I've found out more about you.

Hopefully some other people will come by soon and it will spark more discussion. I noticed lobster was on but I guess he didn't check this thread yet.
I'd agree with that, though note that it's only because of your somewhat-inadvertent brief removal of that vote that we've had this discussion. Did you expect a similar amount of discussion (or a similar
kind
of discussion) from your random vote had it stayed put the whole time like you clearly intended it to?

(I know, I said last question...can't help myself >_>)
#greenshirtthursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
I'd agree with that, though note that it's only because of your somewhat-inadvertent brief removal of that vote that we've had this discussion. Did you expect a similar amount of discussion (or a similar
kind
of discussion) from your random vote had it stayed put the whole time like you clearly intended it to?

(I know, I said last question...can't help myself >_>)
Had the vote stayed put the whole time it probably would of sparked no discussion. It had overrun its due by then, I had attempted to revive it with my [what i thought was] humorous attempts at spelling body parts with body parts. Glad to see its gotten a bit of a revival.

I had not woken up today intending to unvote then revote to invoke discussion. That wasn't in my plan at all. In fact, you can say I have to plan as of yet.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

EDIT

I have
no
plan as of yet.
Conspicuous_other
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Conspicuous_other »

canadianbovine wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:My logic still applies to newbie games. By 'this stage of the game' I meant the random voting stage, which was certainly true here and would be true in newbie games as well. I make the same point when I play as an IC - Lynch-2 is rarely that dangerous. (it's only really an issue in Large games, and not always then.)

because he still hasn't responded to how he can type without hands. I've put up a solid case on how hard it is to type with other body parts.
And his answer will help us...how?
Basically i un unvoted. If i had noticed early the mod made a mistake I wouldn't of unvoted.
Didn't properly answer the question IMO.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

Conspicuous_other wrote:
canadianbovine wrote:

his answer probably will not help us. It will however satisfy me.
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by CoCo »

Looks like I missed all the random voting.

Oh well,
Vote Conspicuous_other
for diverting an interesting subject.
Conspicuous_other
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:11 pm

canadianbovine wrote:
Conspicuous_other wrote:
canadianbovine wrote:

his answer probably will not help us. It will however satisfy me.
So if you really wanted your answer, why wouldn't you keep your vote at L-2, to keep pressure on him?
Conspicuous_other
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:15 pm

CoCo wrote:Looks like I missed all the random voting.

Oh well,
Vote Conspicuous_other
for diverting an interesting subject.
...Come again?
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by stuntkeyboardist »

Conspicuous_other wrote:And his answer will help us...how?.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'll tell you honestly it's just meant to be a little odd. I didn't really expect any 'discussion' on it.

I'm still not understanding the re-vote thing though.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

That revote thing is very odd to me, especially for something that should've been a random vote. I also don't like how bovine is pushing hard for the answer to a (IMO) stupid question.

@CanadianBovine: you say his answer won't help us, but it will satisfy you. How will his answer honestly satisfy you in regards to this game? Wouldn't it be better to attempt to get real discussion rolling and not move into a holding pattern over something so insignificant?
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”