Newbie 800 ~ Mafia: The Reality Show (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Raeil »

/confirm

I hope I stay alive longer than 48 hours IRL this time, lol!
There are 10 people in the world: Those who understand trinary, those who don't, and those who thought this would be the same old binary line...
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Raeil »

Bleh,
Vote: Cyren
for misspelling my name... :evil:
There are 10 people in the world: Those who understand trinary, those who don't, and those who thought this would be the same old binary line...
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Raeil »

Wow, not even 24 hours in and already there's three votes on someone... :shock:

Cyren, if you apologize for getting my name wrong (and get it spelled right in the apology), I'll relent from my anger and unvote you. :)

Or if you get it wrong again... actually, I can't do anything more! :lol:

Oh, and YAY for smilies!
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Raeil »

Uh-uh, no way am I allowing someone to get lynched with just one or two IRL days gone by. It is far too early for L-1, so I'm forcing the last two people to vote if they really want a lynch.

Unvote: Cyren
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Raeil »

EBWOP.

Sorry, Onion, I didn't answer your question...

I'm not from the ruined game, but I have technically played a single game. I replaced in to Newbie 789, posted a grand total of three times over 24 hours, then a lynch happened. 72 hours later, I found out I was NK'd.... after 24 gameplay hours and 3 posts, I was NK'd! I found it slightly funny. So anyway, now I'm here, hoping to stay alive for slightly more than the last game. :D
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Raeil »

FoS (Finger of Suspicion) is used to cast suspicion on who it is being pointed at. Usually, I've seen it used to identify particularly scummy behavior, but not enough scummy behavior to actually lay down a vote. For a good explanation of any abbreviations or gameplay terminology, the wiki is a great place to go, especially if we do a bad job of explaining. :D

Onion, I'm curious. You knew voting Cyren would place her at L-1, so what was your reasoning? You've made a single post and decided to put someone on the chopping block... on page 2. I won't FoS you or vote you yet, because it might just be an information strategy, but I would love it if you could explain the reasoning behind moving very close to a quicklynch.
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Raeil »

While I don't lynch out of frustration, I agree with Haylen. Please, even if you do post poetry, post without all the editing tags and with proper grammar.
Cyren wrote:What exactly is role-fishing and why is that bad?
Rolefishing is when someone attempts to discover if a person has a power role (Doctor, Cop, Roleblocker), and what role it is. This is seen as scummy, because rather than focusing on finding scum, the rolefisher is attempting to discover the game setup. If the game setup is discovered through rolefishing, it usually helps the mafia more than the town, which is why it is seen as scummy.

-----

Echo, you said,
Echo wrote:
Cyren wrote:It would have been really bad for town if I had been quick lynched
Back to this quote: are you suggesting something, Cyren? Sounds to me like you're hinting at a role :/
and it is definitely an example of rolefishing. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now, since you might not have known what you were doing and we're only three pages in, but this quote will likely come back to hurt you, and I might be the one pushing it.

-----

Onion, you did answer my previous question, but now I have another one. Why did you say this?
Onion wrote:nobody hammered, but it was still worth it because it made me laugh. it was a lot more entertaining than voting for Raeil.
Ok, putting someone at L-1 on day one, during what could still be called the RVS, is slightly scummy (after all, it's L-1, but it also jumpstarts the game), but saying it made you laugh? To me, that seems scummy, to laugh that someone could be lynched on page 3. So please explain exactly
why
it was so entertaining.

Also, though this is less serious, why would you have voted for me?
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Raeil »

onion wrote:Why am i voting for Cyren? because Cyren and Raeil cross voted and Raeil withdrew his vote (031) a bit too quickly. i could swap my vote over to Raeil, but they are evenly early-game-suspicious right now.
Yes, because cross-voting on page 1 is an excellent scumtell.... (I know, it's WIFOM, but honestly...)

Onion, while I am glad you are making a case, you will need to find more evidence to actually push it. I assure you that I am town, and will fend off your accusations as they come so that you can redirect your attention towards actual scum.

(and an out of game comment: Congrats on your possible Erdos number! I'm just about to start college as a freshman math major)

------------------
Anticollie wrote:Lordly Gent Raeli- Your posting pleases me. It is well set up, and wanted to thank you for that. Also, thanks for stepping up to answer questions- but let's get down to business, shall we? If deadline was in 2 days, who would you be voting for? if no one... why? (No one strikes me as scummy isn't a response).
Thank you for the compliment, I figure that the easiest way to show that I'm town is to make sure that my posts are clear and direct.

To answer your question: At this point, I probably wouldn't vote unless there was an L-1 and no one else to vote for the unlucky person (even if the unlucky person is me). Lynching is usually better than no-lynch on D1, so even if a townie goes down after a lot of discussion, it leaves plenty of evidence for people to pick apart. While some people strike me as scummy, two days seems like enough time to get a little bit more info, something that could change my mind.

Scumfeels/reasons listed below (not in any particular order)-

1. auditor9006 - First you messed with tags, then you messed with poetry, and I'm not enjoying it at all. Poetry is nice, but needs to be easily spelled out to help the town in a Mafia game. I'm happy you've cleaned up the tags, but if I have to dig to understand what you're saying (who you're accusing and what you're evidence is) then it hurts the town's thought process. Hurting the town's thought process makes me suspicious of scum.

Question for you to answer: How do you think posting something that is hard to dig through will help the town?

---

2. sideney - You're not posting much content... lurking (even though you are posting) is not something that helps the town, and what doesn't help the town, hurts the town.

Question for you to answer: Same question posed to me "If the deadline was in two days, who would you vote for and why? If no one, why?" (Thanks for asking Anticollie)

---

3. Onion - You're attacking me and Cyren because of our alleged cross-vote and then me getting off the bandwagon. While you are correct to be suspicious of me getting off the BW at L-1, I'm more suspicious of you for even considering putting someone
AT
L-1. Regardless of your desire to scumhunt, L-1 is NOT the place to start looking.

Question for you to answer: You've stated that you think Cyren and
I were cross-voting to distance ourselves from each other, but you've found other reasons to be suspicious of the other players. Of those you highlighted in post 94, which one are you most suspicious of? If you can, please elaborate on your reasoning.

---

4. Haylen - After re-reading, I discovered that you have contributed a grand total of one meaningful post... stop lurking and start posting. While you have posted several times, the only post I found to have meaning was post 60, all the rest are either answers to questions about mechanics, or solving auditor's poems. Post more, or I'll vote you (I detest lurking)

Question for you to answer: In regards to your most recent post you weighed in on that conversation, but really didn't push it along, so here's your chance to help us start determining scum. You voted Echo waaaaay back on page 1 (post 13). Do you still find him to be scummy enough to keep the vote? Regardless of a no or yes, please explain.

---

Other opinions on players:

1. Anticollie - You're the IC and are doing a lot of questioning. While you did spell my name wrong ( :evil: ) I don't get any scum or town feel off of you yet.

Question for you to answer: You're voting for Onion based mostly on his L-1 gambit, but who else are you suspicious of and why?

---

2. Ric - Sorry to say this, but I haven't really read enough of your posts to get any sort of feel... I apologize for not scrutinizing your post with as much fervor as I should. You are doing an excellent job of questioning, though. Anyway...

Question for you to answer: You did withdraw your vote from Cyren as you were fishing for info from her. Your original vote was random, but if you are trying to set up a case, you should have kept it. Anyway, just out of curiosity, why did you continue to keep your vote on Cyren as long as you did?

---

3. Echo - At this point, I've got a null-read from you, to be honest. Keep posting, though. Don't let RL get so in the way that you can't help us out or else you might start lurking... and as I told Haylen, I detest lurking.

Question for you to answer: You're voting for auditor because he's not helping the town with continual poetry. If you were looking beyond merely "not helping the town," who do you perceive as the most scummy and why? If it's still auditor, please add some extra explanation.

---

4. Cyren - Well, it appears we have been cast as scum-buddies by Onion... oh well. At this point, I have a null-read on you. Keep posting and building cases. If you end up being scum, I'm sure the more you post, the more it will become obvious, but the same holds true for being town.

Question for you to answer: You've been mostly focused on Onion and ric. While I understand you are trying to fish out scum, how would your attack change if one of them were confirmed town? (through either NK or lynch)
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Raeil »

EBWOP

To get rid of all possible questions from me not mentioning cop as a possibility in confirming town, I forgot, and I was off lunch near that last post. Sorry if some of you see it as scummy.
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Raeil »

auditor9006

After yet another read,
I feel I understand your posting need.
For poetry is the absolute best
To separate the skimmers from the rest.

Your lyric and rhyme keep up with the time,
and thus your intentions are clear.

When you keep it simple, you make several ripples,
and the eyes of the readers do tear.

---

Okay, that was fun. Upon actually reading, rather than skimming, auditor9006's posts, I see no reason for him to stop rhyming. Since page 3, his poems have been clear and direct, though they do require players to stop and read (which is actually a good thing).

Mod
: In light of auditor's previous posts, I'd like to ask that you continue withholding action against it, as you stated in your edit of post 91. Just wanted to voice my opinion, if that's acceptable.

Haylen, take a moment to just read the post right before yours (Anticollie, do the same). I don't have any problem understanding anything he's written. Actually, it seems quite clear, to me at least. If it gets out of hand, obviously he won't be able to continue, but at this point, the poetry is intelligent and written well, and also adds to discussion.

Speaking of discussion though...
auditor9006 wrote:The more that scum know helps us less
I think you need to explain your reasoning here, auditor. Yes, the more the scum know, the worse off we are, but the scum only know who townies are, and anything else they find out, we will also find out. So the more the scum know is also the more the town knows, which is a heck of a lot better for town than scum. Explain please.
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by Raeil »

While I don't have time to post a huge amount (which I am sorry for, because I actually enjoy reading and writing walls of text), I was merely varying my questioning, Cyren. I noticed about halfway through my post that I was merely asking "Who do you find most suspicious and why?" I realized that the problem with this question was that most of the active posters have already made this abundantly clear, so I changed the questions based on how much content had been posted. For you, it's obvious that you are mainly focused on Onion/ric, so I wanted a second opinion from you just to ensure that we keep perspective. We still have a week and a half, so we as a town must maintain all possibilities until an egregious mistake or until much closer to deadline.

Good job on catching the question, but keep looking, your Mafia member is in another castle...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”