Newbie 800 ~ Mafia: The Reality Show (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Cyren »

/confirm
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Cyren »

Vote Reil
cuz he was last confirmed
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by Cyren »

Oh wow, I must be special. I'm center of attention!

Thanks for unvoting Raeil ;) I could have sworn I checked that but I was tired. I know how you feel too, my first game they called my Cyrus :/ I've been working a lot lately. Sorry for the spelling error.

It would have been really bad for town if I had been quick lynched

So...

FOS - Onion

Also, Raeil's vote had a random reason behind it, why did you other three vote for me? Ric, Sidney, Onion?

Oh P.S. Ric - Freeze. Seems a quicker probably less painful death. /nod
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Cyren »

@ Echo- Merely meant quicklynching anyone would be bad... On any day really. I will try to watch my wording for the future.

In my last game D2 went by in one RL day and I didn't even get to post and was then NKed (most likely because of that reason) Town gets nothing to go off of in those situations.

@Auditor- why did you
attemmt
to vote Anticollie? Was it supposed to be random or was there a reason behind it? Also why did you fos onionl? I don't know about others but without any information I tend not to take people seriously.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by Cyren »

You don't KNOW that "no townie would hammer" or that mafia wouldn't either. You can only assume that.

An experienced player on a diff site where games start off in night and a kill starts the game with some info could happily quicklynch someone on this site. Or if someone had simply said they had or actually had miscounted.

I could have been one of those, "Ugh forget this" and just voted myself off out of frustration too which would have been even more helpful.

OR someone could simply hate the RVS and lynch me to get it over with. /shrug There was a lot of RVS hate in my first game.

Possibly sacrificing a townie so soon D1 was scummy. At least let us get a few pages in, sheesh.

Either way my main argument is that accidents happen and scum can take advantage of that.

Also,
Onion wrote:"no townie would hammer, which means that anyone who hammers would be scum"
You can't just state something as fact. How about if I say, "The last two on my BW are scum."? Does that prove you are/would be? No. Raeil (the first to vote me) is just as likely to be scum as you right now. There are plenty of bad townies out there who would have lynched me simply because they could.
Onion wrote:
nobody hammered,
but it was still worth it
because it made me laugh
So you WERE trying to get me quicklynched D1 pg 3?
Sideney wrote:the role-fishing post of Echo.
What exactly is role-fishing and why is that bad?

And yes Auditor I could though it gave me a headache :/ and you still haven't said why you yourself FOSd Onion.

And I'm horrible with riddles :(

Sorry I've been out of school for some years now and my grammar/punctuation has gone to crap.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #68 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Cyren »

Haha
I love cheese

Ric wrote: well from reading that it doesnt seem to me like he was really trying to get you lynched but i dont know i could be wrong, he could just be being brutally honest, i mean....how does this fit into your case against onion?

It is still too early to have a real case against anyone, but if you don't ask question and get responses how can we build any? Onion's quote to me did seem like he was trying to get someone quicklynched to start things up; however, quicklynching is bad. It could easily become part of a/my case against onion.
Ric wrote: civilians voting each other for bad reasons seems to happen all the time. i feel like cyren may have a halfway decent case against onion considering its page 3 on first day but i dont know, im still unclear about what exactly is going on though
I would think it wouldn't happen too much in more advanced games but I've seen some people who intentionally try to get lynched. What are you unclear about exactly?

@ Raeil- Oh, I can see how that would be bad.

:) You understood what I was getting at, but the whole sentence seems scummy to me like he got a laugh even though he didn't get someone to hammer.

I appreciate poetry... but I don't get it. Can someone translate auditor's posts for me? Is he even trying to scum-hunt or anything?

/is confused
Haylen wrote:So...which of you are town?

I think it safe to presume that a Newbie town would hammer. In my first game, I hammered a guy and he turned out town, admittedly it wasn't a quicklynch though, learnt my lesson there anyway.

When a scum hammers, it's likely they will use bad flimsy logic so that's something to look out for. I'm not saying that will always happen, but there's about a 70% chance it could.
In my first game I added the last vote for a deadline lynch because I panicked to do something scummy. Everyone in the game was saying I was the most town and I was the cop so I thought it would keep me from being nked. It did.

In a non quicklynch situation I've been told more that a town hammers than scum.

Anticollie, why did you throw a vote on Onion so quickly? I know a single vote isn't much pressure, but you didn't really try to get any more info out of Onion either.

Echo, I can see how since I said, "quicklynching ME" could be seen as scummy instead of quicklynching period. It wasn't a scare tactic though.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #70 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Cyren »

neither impatient or pleased?
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Cyren »

Ric- my position? I'm scumhunting... What "positions" are you talking about? He was opening me up for a quicklynch on D1 knowing he was doing so and then seem to say, "aw shucks it didn't happen, it was still fun to try though." That doesn't even seem a bit off to you? My vote on Raeil is a random vote because we were in RVS.. If you've been here since November I don't understand what you're confused about...

Haven- Jumping so quick to a lynch threat is a little scummy. Mostly because you say, "Regardless of affiliation". That is saying you would willingly lynch a town based off of aggravation/emotion which is worse in my opinion. A lot of people on MS will not play the way you want them too. Lynching them because of that (from what I've read in other newbie games specifically) doesn't usually help town. He quit using the editing tags when asked, maybe we should just ask him to stop?

Auditor- Could you please post in regular sentences/paragraphs or if you need to post poetry at least explain what they mean? It really doesn't help town if we don't know what you mean.

I hope Onion comes back. Tomorrow night will be 72 hours without posting.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #84 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Cyren »

I haven't voted him, I'm not pushing for a lynch yet. I don't believe he is mafia yet just that what he did was really stupid and/or scummy. What vote are you talking about? I have a vote placed on Raeil because it was random voting stage... I'm a bit picky to put a vote on someone for real reasons, I like to get more information first because being indecisive is seen as really bad here and I really am indecisive. At everything. I also don't like when some people just say, "Hey thats scummy vote" but they don't try to back it up or explain why/get more info. I guess we just had/have different perspectives on "enough information" or reasoning to vote.

That being said I have enough info to change my vote
unvote vote Onion

onion wrote:i looked at the initial votes and saw that Cyren voted for Raeil (016), and Raeil voted for Cyren(021). a good way for scum to distance perhaps, which is totally enough of a reason to vote for them in RVS (not quite random voting stage?)
No, not really a good reason and that is a weak point. Something like the RVS scum pairing should be left for lylo or at the earliest D2 when you actually have some information to go off of. (This goes for Sideney too) But predicting scum pairings just helps scum set up NKs to push town thoughts.
onion wrote: i was concerned that someone else (scum/otherwise) would quickly hammer and argue that they were writing while i posted, which would have been a great move for scum or a catastrophe for town, and i'm glad that didn't happen
What? I get that you're admitting to purposefully putting me at L-1, but then you say you were afraid someone would hammer me and you're glad it didn't happen? I don't buy that. Not when you say right after,
Onion wrote:trading a townie for a scum is a good deal, we only have to do it twice to win.
/shakes head

Please find me a game where this happened and worked. IMO if I had been lynched you may have gotten the person to hammer me lynched who could have been mafia, but they could have been town and you just would have wasted two townies for nothing if you actually were town because they'd all go after you next. The actual scum would have a field day with that. It is just better to scum hunt and lynch people for real reasons not speculated probability.

Last reason that got me was this,

[quote="Onion"as a side note, i have not heard of people getting L-1'd so early and it makes me smile to know that i got to do something so rare. [/quote]

Why do you think that doesn't happen? You knowingly did something scummy that you knew you could play off in this situation as "I did it for information"

Again I don't believe you and I think its a weak point you're using to get out of the specific situation.

Just a side note:

I'll outright admit I don't keep vote counts. I read them when the Mod posts them and I have the idea, "someone is or I think someone is voting for so and so" but I usually don't know someone is at L-1 unless another player states that.

I don't know if I agree with the Ric as scum hiding but its something to look into.

I had a little more to write but I have to leave.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #89 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Cyren »

EBWOP That is my post ^^^ in case it wasn't obvious.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #96 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Cyren »

I lied, I get to post again lol.

Echo, I understand where you are comming from but the poetry (now that all the coding etc has been removed and he seems to have "dumbed it down" a bit so that it is understandable) seems to be a null-tell. He is participating at least and wants others to do so a little more. Since Haylen and I both seem to be able to understand Auditor now your "it's just not possible" comment isn't true either. I kind of agree with auditor that if you don't have the time to thoroughly read right now maybe you should think about asking for replacement. It won't help town if you can't focus and your situation is understandable.

Auditor, its funny how I follow you? Do you mean follow as in I understand you or am I doing something I'm unaware of? If you think we have some shared views I would like to hear them from you. (hey that kind of rhymed lol)

Onion
Onion wrote:my intention was not to lynch Cyren, but to provide the scum a chance to point themselves out.
Putting me at L-1 to see if scum would hammer IS intention to Lynch.... No matter how you phrase it you were not just sacrificing town but information as well. Like I said to Haylen willingly lynching a town instead of someone you actually THINK might be scum is really bad to me.

I also think the RVS vote thing is carp too. At this point in the game you could use any of the RVS to make a scum pair. Also in 90% of the games I've read through most people "cross vote" (I'm assuming this means two people voting for each other) and usually aren't scum pairs.

I'm not saying Raeil isn't scum, I don't know but I think his taking me back to L-2 was pretty town. I'm a little more suspicious of sideney than Ric though. Mostley because of this scum pair talk on D1!

Back to Onion... the fact that you find pretty much everyone suspicious is interesting. Just remember only two of us can be mafia. No thoughts on Auditor or Haylen though? You attack Echo for hating Auditor's posting, but Haylen threatened to push a lynch on him as well.

The only thing I agree with is Anticollie's lurking. I'm a bit biased though since my last game the IC lucked and he was mafia.

Also, I'm a girl. Cyren, Siren, get it?
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #122 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Cyren »

To Anticollie -

About Ric, it wasn't his questioning me that made me think he was defending Onion, it was the, "I think as a philosopher Onion was doing this scummy thing because...." It was the putting himself in Onion's position and then assuming what he was doing. Keeping that to himself (ric) wouldn't bother me I've had the same thoughts, but he was technically speaking on ONion's behalf and defending him, or feading him a defense maybe?

You "See a lot of leads coming out from me" ? That sounds a bit scummy to me. *mental note added*

Aside from that the "follow up" is my downfall I suppose. I need to work on the back and forth banter. I know there are at least two liars however I don't assume they're all liars since 7 are not. I am still highly suspicious of everyone though.

Also what is HRH?
onion wrote:so if someone hammered, either Cyren is scum and/or whoever hammed is scum. either way, we get at least 1 scum in the first 2 days. that seems acceptable.
again no, most of us have already stated that a townie would hammer and just randomly picking someone to vote off is a HIGHLY slim chance of lynching scum. I've also heard from other ICs that townies are more likely to hammer.

How do you know someone town could have a similar theory and lynch me just to say that you were scum for putting me in the position to be lynched and to start the Day with more information. Remember some people come from games on sites where they start at night. (I don't know if that happens here too or not)

Raeil -
Raeil wrote:Question for you to answer: You've been mostly focused on Onion and ric. While I understand you are trying to fish out scum, how would your attack change if one of them were confirmed town? (through either NK or lynch)
I have been mostly focused on Onion/Ric but I have commented to others such as Anticollie/Haylen and commented about Sideney, and have had somewhat conversations with Auditor? Echo doesn't give much to respond to...

Anyway as for your question I find that QUITE scummy. Asking how my attack would change if my targets were NKed or lynched? I have to admit I ALMOST answered that and realized Mafia would have fun with that knowledge. They would automatically know which way to force my opinions and play out the game. You just crossed a serious town boundry line to me. A red alert so to speak...

... I
think
Auditor agrees with me?

All I will say is that I am constantly worried about mislynching a town or worse a PR in any situation but if it happens it is because of their bad play, not entirely my fault. *blunt truth* And NKs are meant to mess with your mind, so why bother dwelling on them?

Ric, what is wrong with rampant walls of texts as long as it is relevant scum-hunting? Also see my abvove to why I still find you scummy. Despite the first three paragraphs of your post towards me. Speaking for someone else is just scummy. Period. The Neff post was an accident.

With what you say on Onion, I've seen many town or ICs lynch themselves in games as well. No info gained.

Echo - While I largely agree with most things you have posted I would like to state here that I am becomming very nervous of all these player set ups.. Everyone stating who they think is town is BAD and again gives scum motive of who to kill.

sideney

REALLY? You're not going to respond to ANYTHING that has to do with you or ANY of the questions asked of you?

Back to Onion....

Lurking? Really? You're trying THAT? Another weak point. First of all during the week I can't post EVERY day as I have but 5-6 hours of free time and I have a small life outside of work and this computer. I also share a computer but that has little to do with it unless it isn't given back to me. I am currently not using my own computer btw so spelling/grammar REALLY doesn't count. When I commented on you being gone for almost three days I nearly meant I didn't want you to be replaced, I wasn't calling you a lurker.
Onion wrote:you incriminate me under the assumption that i think you are town? yet i clearly stated my suspicion of you only 2 posts earlier.
No I incriminate you on the basis you would have done that regardless if I were town or scum. Also as stated above the chance of latching on a quicklynch on scum is SLIM unless you are infact the scum partner and you know you're busing your partner.

(Lol Orion who)

I am stopping at Ric's post of 118
I skimmed through the rest but won't be able to continue this anymore tonight... I bolded that so you guys know where I stopped reading (since I read and post as I go along) and so I'll know when I return most likely after tomorrow since Transformers comes out. :) I will be watching that after work and have been told its two 1/2 hours. So you don't think I'm lurking, *cough* Onion *cough*

I really find it interesting he is trying so hard to build a case agaisnt me specifically (with really weak points) even though he barely mentions Raeil who he says he find sus as well. Are you really trying Onion?

Just some food for thought and a reminder for myself.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #143 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Cyren »

To Raeil -

Like I said, I am constantly worried of a mislynch etc. I would only continue scum-hunting whether or not they were innocent. That is all I can do. Also I was stating how scummy that was, not that I beleive you are scum yet. Don't like how you try to deflect. Simply saying look elsewhere ("i'm not scum") is still pretty scummy as well. Could be true but it is a pointless remark in a game where we are all claiming town.

Ric -

I think I am insulted. "Especially if you're succeeding in making somebody look guilty"? I understand this game is largely perception, but if they do something scummy and I call them out on it they were scummy to begin with. Also I've stated this elsewhere in this thread, people will play in styles you don't like. You have to deal with it. Usually the agressive players are (like you said) lynched for being so or get people lynched. Either way if I'm not agressive I'm indecisive. /smiles A lose lose situation. Play styles can't really be analyzed like that. I'm agressive to a point, yes, but I'm not over agressive. I don't ask questions that can't be answered and I back up anything along the lines of a "laugh off" i.e. "You can't just say something and make it true" comment earlier in the day.

I could be a results bassed person. However you're not vouching for Onion you WERE infact defending him. Only scum will know who is town. I also said it seemed a little scummy to me and was basically just mentally noting it. You make it appear I was the person who has blown this out of porportion. I am/was not. As a general rule in most games you will be attacked for even remotely defending a person or answering for them. Your "he is a philosopher" comment was borderline on both defense and answering. I have the same thoughts but I am attacking him for his play which I have facts on, I can't leave him be for what I may THINK he is doing behind the screen.

Our playstyles just seem to differ. We should agree to disagree? I just can't be persuaded to back off Onion based on What If scenarios. I could only take what we think into consideration if Onion himself had said it. That is my problem. Sorry.

lol yes I agree on the wall posts. Since I have to play catch up it is a bit time consuming for me. Which is why I cna't post everyday.

Auditor -

Actually I agree, I did have an easier time reading your verse than Ric's posts.

Anticollie -

Oh okay. When you said "lots of leads" comming from me I thought you were saying .... Well honestly I can't remember my exact thought process but it was something along the lines of sounding like you were ready to jump on some BW I may or may not start.

Auditor -

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! haha sorry. I hope we don't all die though. I laughed out loud when I read that.

Back to Ric for a second...

I didn't take it too bossy I understood what you meant when you said it. I can sometimes speak or type the same way.

Also could you cut back a llittle on the foul language please?

So, you position on Onion is what exactly? Still grey? If that is the case that is why everyone is attacking you now. Stated earlier, indecisiveness is considered scummy/bad here. I don't mind it so much in some situations but I am beginning to be confused by your status of onion as well... Also "even if it amounts to being a contradiction, if I'm right" If your contradicting your right either way aren't you?

Hope you have a good weekend as well.

Sideney I'm sure you've been told that the sit back and wait approach is scummy in other games? If not it kind of is. Just FYI. I understand you don't enjoy the long posts (I'm sorry I contribute to that I will try after this to cut back) but if you don't attempt to read and analyze it you're not helping anyone here.

Auditor,

I'm a bit weary of Anticollie, his analytical play is much more agressive than my meer statements. If he is scum it will be much harder to notice. Sideney is just... a bit frustrating I suppose. Someone who we'll be asking for more information from for the whole game. Is he hiding something? Don't know cuz that is how he plays. /throws hands up in the air.

ONION I AM A WOMAN Please and Thanks. I stated that before, paying attention?

How could anyone protown know anyone was scum?

I'll gladly leave my vote on you now that you seem to be compltely avoiding my posts.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”