Newbie 799 - Katana Village (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SilverFang
SilverFang
Townie
SilverFang
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by SilverFang »

[quote=GreenDude]he seems over excited. maybe because he's mafia??[/quote]

Vote: GreenDude

Maybe you think he's over excited because you're Mafia and want to fly under the radar. [/quote]

VOTE COUNT

(2) wickedswami - Belili, GreenDude

(1) Lab Mafia - nureins
(1) nureins - Mevorra
(1) Mevorra - edmund.angles
(1) GreenDude - SilverFang

Not Voting: wickedswami, Lab Mafia, WeepingWind

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline: July 3, 2009 12:01 pm PST
Mevorra
Mevorra
Townie
Mevorra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:11 pm

Post by Mevorra »

@SilverFang: When quoting, only the name of the quotee is not enough. You have to type quote="GreenDude" inside the []'s.

@edmund.angles: That's very.. Insightful.. of you. But I'm guessing any random is random enough! ;D
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:56 am

Post by nureins »

@wicked:

A couple of questions about your friendly voter.

a) Do you think greendude was rolefishing in his first post?
b) Do you think he was unclear in his first vote to you (about how serious or joke is his vote)?

--
IC-comment:
The sooner we start to know (and interrogate) eachother, the better for the town...please try to come up with some comments about the actions of other players (even if obviously, they are not very significant at this stage of the game).
SilverFang
SilverFang
Townie
SilverFang
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:37 am

Post by SilverFang »

Mevorra wrote:@SilverFang: When quoting, only the name of the quotee is not enough. You have to type quote="GreenDude" inside the []'s.
Thank you. I appreciate your help Mevorra. :)
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:03 am

Post by GreenDude »

SilverFang wrote:Maybe you think he's over excited because you're Mafia and want to fly under the radar.
Or maybe silverfang, you are mafia because you are trying to get people suspicious about me for yourself to fly under the radar. We can go on and on like this. So let's not go on and on like this.
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 am

Post by GreenDude »

Oh, and i just want to mention, i didn't notice that Belini had voted for Wickedswami.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:09 am

Post by GreenDude »

[quote="nureins"}IC-comment:
The sooner we start to know (and interrogate) eachother, the better for the town...please try to come up with some comments about the actions of other players (even if obviously, they are not very significant at this stage of the game).[/quote]

Thats exactly what i was doing.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:35 am

Post by nureins »

GreenDude wrote:Oh, and i just
want
to mention, i didn't notice that Belini had voted for Wickedswami.
Why do you want to mention that?
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:12 am

Post by GreenDude »

nureins wrote:Why do you want to mention that?
so no one thinks that i'm voting wickedswami because belini also voted and that makes us look like mafia buddies. But then again now that i mention it people will start thinking that I was lying saying i didn't notice Belini anyway so what was the point mentioning that? I'm confusing myself :D
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:24 am

Post by GreenDude »

nureins wrote: A couple of questions about your friendly voter.
Explain why you called me a friendly voter.
nureins wrote:a) Do you think greendude was rolefishing in his first post
Don't you mean my second post? And i was just asking a question because the second cop role said sane but the first one didn't have sane infront of it so i was curious... that could mean :

A)I'm mafia and I want to know if cop is naive
B)I'm townie and I want to know if cop is paranoid
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:22 am

Post by WeepingWind »

GreenDude is posting an awful lot.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:37 am

Post by GreenDude »

Thats because i'll type one thing then think of another. At least I DO post. You've barely posted weepingwind.
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by edmund.angles »

@GD: You should try to collect your thoughts a bit before posting, because it makes it easier for the rest of us to follow the tread.

@nureins: I agree with GD, please explain the 'friendly voter' expression, could sound like your trying to vaguely and non-committedly cast suspicion on an, as I read, it completely random vote.

@WW: Do you find it suspicious or annoying or both that GD is posting a lot? If suspicious, then why didn't you vote for him?

But I'm gonna
Unvote: Vote: Lab Mafia
for not having posted at all yet.
If my personality can be expressed in a signature it must at least contain doubt that it can--and use multiple exclamation marks!!
wickedswami
wickedswami
Townie
wickedswami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Post by wickedswami »

lol, votes are being swung around her very vividly.

I'd like to give you a reason why I am so 'overly joyed' to start playing this game, but really, I just thought I'd type something along with the /confirm to make the post sound less dull, so don't worry :)

Let's see: 9people: 2 bad guys, 7 good guys.
so random voting has a big chance of killing a good guy, which is why we should watch out with it.

I will start for now with:
vote: No lynch
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:21 am

Post by nureins »

green wrote:so no one thinks that i'm voting wickedswami because belini also voted and that makes us look like mafia buddies.
Two people voting together are necessarily mafia buddies? Indeed, mafia buddies do not collaborate so openly from the very beginning in newbie games...
But notice how you have maintained your vote once you realized that belini had also voted him...why didnt you unvote? you were not so worried that we thought you were mafia buddies? or why? I just pretend to know your reasons...telling the reasons help us to understand who is simulating (because they are mafia who need to invent attacks and votes etc) and who is not...
green wrote:Explain why you called me a friendly voter.
It was kinda a joking way to call you. I was not knowing if your vote was totally random (friendly) or you were suspicious of him. Notice how your vote is not explained. I took it as a random one, but I also asked the person you voted for to give his opinion, as reactions are important.
green wrote:Don't you mean my second post? And i was just asking a question because the second cop role said sane but the first one didn't have sane infront of it so i was curious...
Your second post. Your first game post, yeah. And I clearly see now the motive of your question. I didnt notice such difference in the mod ways to describe the cops.
weeping wrote:GreenDude is posting an awful lot.
Greendude is very satisfactorily participating. We need activity, especially in day 1. Only town benefits from activity. Mafia desires to make uninformed random lynches to have more chances to win. Hopefully everyone participates as much as green, whichever their roles.
green wrote:Thats because i'll type one thing then think of another. At least I DO post. You've barely posted weepingwind.
Do you find weeping suspicious for not posting?
edmund wrote:@nureins: I agree with GD, please explain the 'friendly voter' expression, could sound like your trying to vaguely and non-committedly cast suspicion on an, as I read, it completely random vote.
I am not casting any suspicion yet. I am typically a very active participant, and I like to promote debate and ideas that we can use later. How? Knowing how we behave and trying to discover the two people who are simulating to be townies.

When I cast accusations, they will be very very open. Indeed, I typically make summaries of how I perceive the players, which I find more suspicious and why, etc. Then I cast serious votes and try to wagon and lynch the players I consider more suspicious. For that, I need to convince others with my arguments.

Right now, we are simply in a starting stage. Launching questions and getting reactions is a first step to know why people do the things they do.
lab wrote:so random voting has a big chance of killing a good guy, which is why we should watch out with it.

I will start for now with: vote: No lynch
In newbie games, there is almost a consensus that voting NoLynch day 1 only benefits mafia. We have 3 chances to find mafia by lynching. If you dont do it today, you just go down to 2 attempts. That loss is extremely important in terms of town chances to win. It cannot be compensated by the marginal positive things that could suggest NoLynch (if you think some, yes, there might be some, but they are less important). There is a serious consensus on that, you can read the wikipedia and discussions about this topic.
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:59 am

Post by edmund.angles »

@nureins: It was wicked that wanted a no-lynch, not lab.
@wicked: No lynch seems like a really bad idea, then the scum will have nothing to fear-> no pressure on them to make them slip up.
wickedswami
wickedswami
Townie
wickedswami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:10 am

Post by wickedswami »

I've been trying to do some theorycrafting about that but i can't figure it out completely, but I think you could be right. Not lynching today might not give us an extra day to find out the mafia. There is a chance of killing a power role though so i'm still kinda doubtful about it.

I did say the vote was for now, and since we still have some time to figure it out, I might change my mind.

green and Belili, just in case people really start considering me to be mafia and voting for me, while you don't really (afaic, your vote on me was just random) would you mind unvoting me for now?

I also consider everyone voting for me while these 2 votes are still on me as potential mafia looking for an easy day1 towniekill (unless green and belili give a good reason to keep their vote)
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:26 am

Post by GreenDude »

@edmund: Posting a lot is not a mafia type thing, mafia usually doesn't participate in the conversation.

This is wickedswami's first game (I think) so he probably didn't know that no lynch is not the best idea, and it seems he just wanted the best for the town and in his few posts he doesn't seem shocked by the 2 votes. Plus, my vote was rather random to get the conversation moving so I'm going to the next stage, voting less random.
unvote

I'm a bit suspicious about SilverFang, he's barely posted and i'm not suspicious because he voted for me, but i can't know because he hasn't posted much. This should help move the conversation :D
vote:SilverFang
wickedswami
wickedswami
Townie
wickedswami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:29 am

Post by wickedswami »

thx for unvoting green :)

This is actually my 3rd game of forum-mafia, but it's my first on this forum.
In the 2 previous ones, people had the same idea about the day1 towniekill.
I'm still not 100% convinced about how it is required though. Could you perhaps give me a link to extra information?
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:36 am

Post by nureins »

edmund.angles wrote:@nureins: It was wicked that wanted a no-lynch, not lab.
Yup. Sorry about it.

With respect to posting a lot or not, there are 5 players who have not participated much (nothing serious, it is page 2 and this is a newbie game, it is difficult to start participating, i just would like them to consider that town is benefitted from discussion). Surely, not much time has elapsed, and some of them might be even not entered much the forum...

Belili -- Lab -- Mevorra -- Silver -- weep

Lab has not participated, even being so happy to have the day started. If his case is that he didnt enter the forum, I guess he will come up with lot of comments the first time he enters.

Weeping expressed an opinion that talking much is somehow bad. Please weeping tell us why you think so.

Silver and Belili just random voted when someone had suggested that should be done. Lets hope they analyze players when we have suggested this has to be done :)

Mevorra is a curious case. He has posted 4 times, but in all of them he is somehow sharing few things (except technical help, suggestions that he is unsure and cautious to follow himself, etc). Taking initiative is not bad for townies, your most important contribution will be to expose information about other people... If you are a newbie, take it into account...

We need everyone in the discussion...
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:44 am

Post by nureins »

GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:02 am

Post by GreenDude »

@nureins: who are you most suspicious of right now?
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:49 am

Post by WeepingWind »

nureins wrote: Weeping expressed an opinion that talking much is somehow bad. Please weeping tell us why you think so.
I was just making a potentially helpful observation, GreenDude is posting a lot, and trying to start a discussion to decide if this is suspicious or not.
SilverFang
SilverFang
Townie
SilverFang
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:23 am

Post by SilverFang »

@Greendude: I wish I could post more however my work and sleep needs limit the time I have online. Whether you believe me or not is completely up to you though after all this is a game of deception and uncovering the truth. Maybe you're just casting suspicion on me because you're mafia and want to kill off a Townie.

There are several reasons he could be posting so much. This is my first mafia game so I don't know much behind the theory of the game. The fact that he's posting so much may have nothing to do with his role though. He could be just a naturally talkative person. Or it could be a part of a larger plot to prove his innocence or get us to believe he's an innocent. Again I don't know much about this games strategy but thats just some newbie guesses.
wickedswami
wickedswami
Townie
wickedswami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:25 am

Post by wickedswami »

from: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=No_lynch
In the early stages of the game, if it is known that the Mafia has fewer members than the town, it can be a valid tactic, for those with a good knowledge of math at least, to let the night phase go and handle investigations. For example, if it is known that there are 15 Town and 4 Mafia, the odds of lynching a townie on day one with limited information are much higher, therefore giving an extra kill to the Mafia.
I think this enforces my opinion on the matter, though this is also said:
Conversely, it is frequently put forward early in the game as a strategy by newbie Scum, to try to divert the town from using their most powerful weapon.
So I'm still not sure what is the best option.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”