Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by Kise »

alexhans wrote:
Kise wrote:I'm gonna hit myself in the head if The Machine is a 1-person mafia.
What do you mean???
This might make us even more paranoid than we already are, but I have been asking myself lately who else, besides this "Machine," could be considered mafia[?] and would WORK WITH the machine. It's been a few years since I've seen the movie (OFOTCN) so I forget who the major antagonists were, if any.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by Kise »

Starbuck wrote:He/She Who Must Not Be Named? :lol:
Ooooh yeeeaaah 8-) Harry Potter > Twilight because vampires don't friggin' glitter in the sunlight!

Yet…
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:55 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Soooo where's Stef?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

His last post on the site was yesterday around 9:30 GMT-4. I'm sure he will be here soon.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

sorry 9:30 am
YOUR AD HERE

Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:52 am

Post by Stef »

Oh my God! They've killed Josh Lyman! Enough South Park humor? Alright.. you spoil all the fun! Haha..!

The votes so far:

VP Baltar - (0)
Starbuck - Crazy (1)
camn - Kid Know Nothing (1)
imaginality - (0)
skitzer - Josh Lyman (1)
Kid Know Nothing - (0)
Josh Lyman - Platypus_Dude, molestargazer, imaginality, Starbuck, camn, Kise (7)

Platypus_Dude - (0)
Crazy - (0)
molestargazer - (0)
Kise - (0)
alexhans - (1)

The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:57 am

Post by Stef »

Flavor to be added soon.

Josh Lyman
has been Lobotomized. He was
Mr. Turkle, Mafia RoleBlocker
. The special mechanic activated during D1 changed his role in the following way: "Chance of RB success dropped to 50%"

It is now Night 1. Send in your night choices before the 12'th of June

Any action not sent before then will be randomized.

Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Post by Stef »

This morning you wake up to a cold, scarry brese. The mist has covered the entire ward and that scares you. The
Machine
most certaninly has made anoter victim, you can feel it in the air. As you leave the bedroom and go to the bathroom you find R.P. McMurphy on the ground, lifeless and stiff. Terrified, you try to run and tell the others but, no matter how hard you try, you feel paralized, crippled and you barely move at all.
Then, suddenly, you get the feeling that you are not alone... but then you hear one of the ward patients yelling on the corridor in horror: "Cheswick is dead!!!"

Ugh... that's gotta suck.. hehe. So McMurphy AND Cheswick died, eh? Such a pitty.. haha.. oh well... McMurphy was a gonner anyway. That's what happens when you fight against the Machine.. poor fool... Muahahaha!

Camn
was killed from an overdose night 1. She was
R.P. McMurphy, Vanilla Townie.

skitzer
killed by suicide night 1. He was
Charley Cheswick, Town One-Shot Vigilante

It is now Day 2.

NOTE
: The specific game rules have been revealed in this post. Read them carefully as they might be the difference between losing and winning.

Deadline set for the 3'rd of July, 10:44 AM GMT.

It takes 6 to lobotomize.
Last edited by Stef on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:06 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Damn, that sucks.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

So, skitzer killed herself? That is strange. I need to do a reread of camn and see who her suspects were beyond Josh.
YOUR AD HERE

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:45 am

Post by alexhans »

Starbuck wrote:Damn, that sucks.
mmm... Useful comment...

* There are special mechanics in this game and they activate each game day.
* There might or might not be a secret player in the game.
* There might be some rules not specified yet.
VP Baltar wrote:So, skitzer killed herself? That is strange. I need to do a reread of camn and see who her suspects were beyond Josh.
Do you know for certain this isn't some flavour misleading? Look at camn... she was Overdosed. Maybe all deaths are set up to look like accidents.

We know about the first one due to the double vote and the investigation... Kise may be right about the secret player. Unspecified rules could be anything... meh...

Luckyly I'm alive... I would've screamed so much If I werent... Because I did this at night:

[col]VP Baltar[col]Taranski[col]15[col]RVS[col]L-6 [col]Platypus_Dude[col]Kise[col]16[col]RVS[col]L-6 [col]skitzer[col]Platypus_Dude[col]17[col]RVS[col]L-6 [col]Kid Know Nothing[col]VP Baltar[col]22[col]RVS[col]L-6 [col]molestargazer[col]Crazy[col]24[col]RVS[col]L-6 [col]imaginality[col]molestargazer[col]25[col]RVS[col]L-6 [col]Crazy[col]molestargazer[col]28[col]reason[col]L-5 [col]Kise[col]Taranski[col]30[col]reason[col]L-5 [col]camn[col]Starbuck[col]31[col]reason[col]L-6 [col]Kise[col]unvote[col]39[col]reason[col] [col]
Josh Lyman
[col]Kise[col]86[col]reason[col]L-5 [col]
Josh Lyman
[col]unvote[col]99[col]reason[col] [col]camn[col]unvote[col]102[col]reason[col] [col]VP Baltar[col]skitzer[col]110[col]reason[col]L-6 [col]Kid Know Nothing[col]unvote[col]115[col]reason[col] [col]
Josh Lyman
[col]skitzer[col]117[col]reason[col]L [col]Platypus_Dude[col]
Josh Lyman
[col]119[col]reason[col]L-6 [col]camn[col]
Josh Lyman
[col]121[col]reason[col]L-5 [col]Kise[col]Taranski[col]128[col]reason[col]L-6 [col]Camn[col]Taranski[col]129[col]reason[col]L-5 [col]molestargazer[col]
Josh Lyman
[col]131[col]reason[col]L-5 [col]Crazy[col]camn[col]146[col]reason[col]L-6 [col]Kise[col]Starbuck[col]156[col]reason[col]L-6 [col]imaginality[col]
Josh Lyman
[col]205[col]reason[col]L-4 [col]VP Baltar[col]
Josh Lyman
[col]207[col]reason[col]L-3 [col]camn[col]
Josh Lyman
[col]208[col]reason[col]L-2 [col]Crazy[col]Starbuck[col]216[col]reason[col]L-5 [col]Starbuck[col]
Josh Lyman
[col]219[col]reason[col]L-1 [col]Kise[col]unvote[col]222[col]reason[col] [col]VP Baltar[col]unvote[col]236[col]reason[col] [col]Kid Know Nothing[col]camn[col]300[col]reason[col]L-6 [col]camn[col]
Josh Lyman
[col]322[col]reason[col]L-1 [col]Kise[col]
Josh Lyman
[col]325[col]reason[col]hammer

Previous comments:
(here I thought camn was scum, heh)

starbucks foses everyone that attacks her.

imaginality: can you develop on your post restriction?

Kise: Remember this is a NORMAL game...

I hope HP's movie is better than the last 2 because they sucked...

Vote Pattern:
VP Baltar
- Taranski, skitzer,
Josh Lyman
, unvote, , ,
Starbuck
-
Josh Lyman
, , , , , ,
camn
- Starbuck, unvote,
Josh Lyman
, Taranski,
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
imaginality
- molestargazer,
Josh Lyman
, , , , ,
skitzer
- Platypus_Dude, , , , , ,
Kid Know Nothing
- VP Baltar, unvote, camn, , , ,
Platypus_Dude
- Kise,
Josh Lyman
, , , , ,
Crazy
- molestargazer, camn, Starbuck, , , ,
molestargazer
- Crazy,
Josh Lyman
, , , , ,
Kise
- Taranski, unvote, Taranski, Starbuck, unvote,
Josh Lyman
alexhans/taranski
- , , , , , ,

Some stuff:
Im honestly surprised I didn't vote Starbucks... I thought I WAS voting him. Why didn't anyone call me out on that?

skitser may have shot or not (meaning there could be an SK or not)... but we should now focus on catching the remaining scum (because there has to be at least ONE Josh partner)

Analyzing the reasons for voting Josh... they all
could
be genuine so it's hard to see if there was any bussing. If someone DID buss him it must've been after L-3 cause playdude and mole never unvoted (and camn has flipped) and let's be serious, who would buss straight off the bat a scum RB? they can be DAMN useful with outed town PRs ... that would leave imaginality, Josh, Starbuck and Kise.

imaginality:"Didn't like the way he got tangled up in his words and logic earlier, and haven't heard anything to change that impression since, while mole is looking somewhat better to me on a re-read. "
JOsh: inmediatly after imaginality's vote... "post or die"... mmmm...
Starbuck: "I def support getting rid of lurkers"
Kise:"We can lynch camn this day phase. I only said I was going to vote for Josh because he's already in L-1 and we can find out is he, or ain't he [scum]. " then "@VP - Josh's scumminess had faded, thanks to his absence and the opportunity that others have had to make themselves come off as scummy. "

Still think Kise's attitude reads town because he had fought with Josh in the beginning.

Well... not much from Josh's posts... It's probable that this somewhat clears Kise from being a scum partner... And the only one who looks mildly bad from his posts is me because he votes Skitzer over taranski... :/

@everyone who read the book/watched the movie: Any theories regarding the characters, flavour?

I don't know why they killed camn... she was pretty scummy IMo, maybe it was the 1 shot vig skitzer... Skitzer is a more understandable kill... I don't think it gives us much info... Anyway, I will iso read both of them soon.

Those of us who WERENT on the Josh waggon in the end: Kid Know Nothing, Crazy, Alexhans, josh (although he voted and unvoted josh).
Kise 125 wrote: And back on the topic of teamwork, (and I'm not going to FoS anybody, but) VP, Josh & Kid have not been suspecting of each other at all. Guys, I just want to point out how this looks like you're watching each other's back and acting as if you 3 can trust each other as being on the same side.

First VP saves Kid by ignoring his hypocritical comment on me not helping to scumhunt. Then Josh comes in, ready to vote for anyone [seemingly] opposing VP and/or Kid, which was me at the time. Now VP asks Josh if he's serious about a vote on me, essentially treating Josh like you guys are buddied up on D1.
What do you think about what you said then now that Josh flipped?

In case someone wonders why I didn't vote Josh even though I STRONGLY suspected him, it was because I was pretty certain that Josh was going to get lynched and wanted to pressure camn and Starbucks.

Vote Starbucks
for the same reasons as yesterday with the added value of a late probable buss on Josh.

IGMEOY VP Baltar

Will have to check imaginality and those out of the Josh waggon.
I'm back...
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

=/ R.P. McMurphy was a VT, which surprised me a bit.

I will most likely not be able to post or post a little in the next 3 days. And then I have finals starting on next Friday, so don't expect a lot from me anytime soon.
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Kise »

Oh boy, what'd I do now? Lol, how come you're pointing out that this is a normal game?

And yes, that suspicion of mine is still sitting in the back of my headd, Alex.
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
camn wrote:Can someone hammer Lyman and we can all think about things overnight, while basking in the awesomeness of a lurker-scum-lynch?

PS . . ^^drunk post
Why are we hammering someone who hasn't claimed exactly? And why the need to include "drunk post"? To me, that makes it seem like you could be as blunt as you want and just later say "I was drunk, so it's really fine. I didn't mean it."

Vote: camm
^ Delaying/ignoring the lynch mob.
VP Baltar wrote:Hmm, I guess that was L-1.
Unvote
He needs to come post and at least claim before we lynch.

In other news, this is what skitzer has said all game: "I think there are post restrictions happening in this game." "I can't find anything else to comment on, I'm usually quiet early in the game."

@Skitzer, still nothing to say? I see you have been posting in MishMash and some other games fairly frequently. What do you think about Josh Lyman? Platypus Dude? Kise?

@imaginality,
do you have any other suspects
than Josh?

Still looking forward to camn's post, as well as alex when he catches up.
^ Another delay in Lyman's lynch, while also asking who else should be considered for votes.

Yet…
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Crazy »

Wow, that was a really lucky lynch guys... not to say that Josh Lyman's logic wasn't horrible (really, I'm the one that called him out), but if I wasn't V/LA... there's no doubt that I would have fought against the wagon. What do I know, I guess... *shrug*

It also sounds to me that skitzer killed himself... but then I'm not familiar with this flavor at all. If he did, that's one of the strangest moves ever.

I think I'll end up voting Starbuck again, but I want to read again and make sure there aren't some people that I haven't noticed that are scummy.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

Kise wrote:Oh boy, what'd I do now? Lol, how come you're pointing out that this is a normal game?

And yes, that suspicion of mine is still sitting in the back of my headd, Alex.
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
camn wrote:Can someone hammer Lyman and we can all think about things overnight, while basking in the awesomeness of a lurker-scum-lynch?

PS . . ^^drunk post
Why are we hammering someone who hasn't claimed exactly? And why the need to include "drunk post"? To me, that makes it seem like you could be as blunt as you want and just later say "I was drunk, so it's really fine. I didn't mean it."

Vote: camm
^ Delaying/ignoring the lynch mob.
VP Baltar wrote:Hmm, I guess that was L-1.
Unvote
He needs to come post and at least claim before we lynch.

In other news, this is what skitzer has said all game: "I think there are post restrictions happening in this game." "I can't find anything else to comment on, I'm usually quiet early in the game."

@Skitzer, still nothing to say? I see you have been posting in MishMash and some other games fairly frequently. What do you think about Josh Lyman? Platypus Dude? Kise?

@imaginality,
do you have any other suspects
than Josh?

Still looking forward to camn's post, as well as alex when he catches up.
^ Another delay in Lyman's lynch, while also asking who else should be considered for votes.
Was I delaying anything?

Is adding pressure other places scummy?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Kise »

VP Baltar wrote:He
(Josh)
needs to come post and at least claim before we lynch.
Kid Know Nothing wrote:Why are we hammering someone who hasn't claimed exactly?
You keep following VP pretty closely. I've been saying since day 1 that you two are very associative.

Yet…
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:04 pm

Kise wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:He
(Josh)
needs to come post and at least claim before we lynch.
Kid Know Nothing wrote:Why are we hammering someone who hasn't claimed exactly?
You keep following VP pretty closely. I've been saying since day 1 that you two are very associative.
Are you telling me that it wasn't a valid question?

I wasn't to up to date on the Josh wagon, to be frank. I'm still not sure what exactly happened. I haven't had time to re-read this game at all lately.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Kise »

If you weren't up to date and didn't know how scummy Josh was behaving, then why did you vote against camn? For all you knew (you're claiming to know
nothing
about the situation), she could have been right about putting Josh at L-1 (and she was). So, knowing nothing about what's going on, your question was reasonable.. but was the vote on her really necessary if you weren't even updated with what was going on in the 1st place?

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Kise »

VP Baltar wrote:
skitzer wrote:I'm in the process of reading the book now, and I can see a possibility of 4 scum (that's obviously not likely though). Also, I think their may be an SK, we are in an insane asylum, after all.
More scumhunting, less setup speculation would be useful at this point.
skitzer wrote:This is an odd post. Especially with the bolded part.

Also, camn expresses anger in many of her posts. I think she tried to cover this up at the beginning with her "listening to NIN" post.

There are a lot of question marks and elippsisses (elippsi?), but they are sporadic and pertain to no one particular person.

In general the game itself isn't playing...normally.
This all looks like an attempt to look busy without really contributing.
Unvote, Vote:Skitzer

I think I need a translater for Josh Lyman's posts. KKN, can you get an avatar plz?
And theeen -->
Kid Know Nothing wrote:Skitzer, how strongly do you feel that there are post restrictions going on? And do you feel that the discussion thus far hasn't been serious discussion?
And theeeeen -->
Josh Lyman wrote:
skitzer wrote:Well, I haven't noticed any much of discussion yet, so I'm trying to start some by speculating about odd posts I've noticed, and such. That way, we can actually get some serious discussion started.
Five pages and you can't find any discussion?

I hate lurkers.

Unvote, Vote skitzer
All the while
everybody else
pretty much ignored what skitzer was doing and not even bothering him... so, I'm just saying... the links are not looking good at all for you two.

Yet…
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:25 pm

Kise wrote:If you weren't up to date and didn't know how scummy Josh was behaving, then why did you vote against camn? For all you knew (you're claiming to know
nothing
about the situation), she could have been right about putting Josh at L-1 (and she was). So, knowing nothing about what's going on, your question was reasonable.. but was the vote on her really necessary if you weren't even updated with what was going on in the 1st place?
Yes. It was.

I can re-read and apply pressure to someone who I find scummy at the same time. I felt strongly about the drunk posting line and it pinged hard for me. No matter what was going on before that, that was true and I voted accordingly.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by Stef »

This game is hereby mod abandoned. I have to leave the site due to irl issues and this particular game cannot be run by a replacement mod. I can't express how sorry I am for wasting your time. It was supposed to be a great game and I put tons of work into it. I apologize again.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

:( Sorry to hear that Stef.

I was having a good time and I think this was a really creative game from what I saw. Can you reveal the full setup before you leave and the secrets of the mechanics?

For the record, my money is on The Machine doing the second kill last night and being the one to distribute the special abilities.
YOUR AD HERE

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:11 am

Post by alexhans »

Stef wrote:
This game is hereby mod abandoned. I have to leave the site due to irl issues and this particular game cannot be run by a replacement mod. I can't express how sorry I am for wasting your time. It was supposed to be a great game and I put tons of work into it. I apologize again.
FUCK ME... Pick it up when you come back man...no matter if it takes too much time... I devoted some time to this game... :(
I'm back...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

So, do we all want to reveal our roles or leave the setup secret so it could be picked up later?
YOUR AD HERE

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:11 am

Post by alexhans »

I still think that you should try to outline some guides and give it to a backup mod if you can... nevermind the flavour...
I'm back...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”