Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:10 am

Post by Devestation »

"this guy" needs to answer my question on page 51.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Nyx
Nyx
Goon
Nyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:14 am

Post by Nyx »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Nyx wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Amished wrote:...and I can protect Nyx? who has the shotgun + shell.
Whoah, whoah whoah!

Once the shotgun is fired it falls apart and there is no more shell.

So nobody will have either going into N2.
I don't mind being protected for lets say it blows up in my face without killing anyone. I don't like you being so against me being protected.

Naomi seriously ? A cop not doing his duty ? There is no explanation possible for this blasphemy.

Vote:Naomi
He is going to protect you during the DAY?

If you wan't I'll shoot the gun. I don't fear it.
I want to be very clear -- delaying the vig beyond today is the work of scum. Is that what you two are on about?
Hell no. Delaying the vig would be suicide since either one of us would be a likely target for a nightkill.
[i]"I know nothing, I didn't see anything, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep. "[/i]
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:15 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Ok good. :)
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:27 am

Post by Amished »

Because I asked whether or not (and posted before) that my protections work on flat out killing mechanisms during the day. I specifically asked if it protected dayvigs (yes) and if it had any effect on lynching (like raising # of votes needed or prevent it) (no).

I send in during the night, but whoever I protect is protected throughout the night and the next day.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:58 am

Post by populartajo »

We are delaying this day unncessarily when some havent even posted.

Mod, please prod: Pyro, ShadowKnightr, hoihum, nuevavuda, alabaska, xtoxm,
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:08 am

Nueva Vida has been replaced by Rockta.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Yeah, having about 1/3 of the total being lurkers is kinda hurting the game. Prods plz.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Question: In your experience, is a lurker lynch viable or silly for those who need to be replaced/prodded?
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:40 am

Replacements are always better. But those that just make a post every once in awhile with no content *cough* Shadow Knight *cough* to
avoid
replacement -- those are the juicy ones.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

All requested prods have been put out, except for hohum, who has reached the prod limit and will be replaced. Advertise, and especially point out the fact that it's not going to be a long-term commitment.
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Sironigous »

Mod wrote: Advertise, and especially point out the fact that it's not going to be a long-term commitment.
This scares me. lol.
Trinka Trinka!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:57 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Ami's new addition to his claim is confusing me...
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Amished »

New addition? I protect at night and that protection lasts until the start of the next night. No effect on lynches, but kills from maf, vig, sk, other (items) are prevented.

No, my name is not "Ed."
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:44 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

That was your original claim?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Setael »

devestation wrote:"this guy" needs to answer my question on page 51.
is "this guy" me? that's a first...

So your question was this I take it:
devestation wrote:Setael: Why say I should be vigged without placing a vig-vote thingy? It's not particularly suspicious to me, but why anyway?
First, if it's not suspicious, why ask about it?
Second, if it wasn't suspicious in the first place, why point back at it when I don't answer it?
Third, is there some rule I don't know about that you have to place a "vig-vote thingy?"
Amished wrote:New addition? I protect at night and that protection lasts until the start of the next night. No effect on lynches, but kills from maf, vig, sk, other (items) are prevented.
Something is wrong with your claim. If the protection lasts until the start of the next night, how does it not apply to lynches, which happen BEFORE the next night starts.

Also, has anyone ever heard of a dr. that protects themself as well as a multitude of other people? Especially without a scum roleblocker? How is that balanced?

I'm not saying start a wagon on Amished. I'm just saying his claim is fishy and I'm not considering him confirmed town by any means.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Amished »

Because I asked the mod if it affected lynches and he said no. It applies to vig/sk/scum/item kills until the start of the next night.

Set: You're forgetting (or not considering) that this is a theme game which might be a little odd. As the "gatekeeper", I deliver people to when they're supposed to live/die just like in the games. In the games, I delivered myself to my own suicide for christ's sake.

As for balance sake, I've covered how I can't protect as many people as I do now later on in the game; so it's a part time thing, and I'm guessing KoC didn't expect me to be out in the open. If you're really that worried about how my role works, by all means vote to use the vig on Naomi (or hohum, as he's living another day because of me) and then try to lynch them. Guarantee that'll work out like I said it will.

@Zwet: Pretty sure I covered all of that in my original claim. If I missed the vig possibility, I didn't really think about any dayvig items especially after the first item made hohum die after a number of days, and then 2nd (now admittedly) didn't do a damn thing.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by Devestation »

FoS: Setael

You dodged the question with a whole load of questions of your own. This will turn into a vote if you don't answer it next post.

I'm asking because I'm interested. I'm pointing back at it because I'm still interested and now slightly irritated that I've been outright ignored, and I find it illogical to say that "so and so should be vigged" but you don't leave an official statement as such.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Setael wrote: Also, has anyone ever heard of a dr. that protects themself as well as a multitude of other people? Especially without a scum roleblocker? How is that balanced?
This could be scum ploy to not RB him.

I'm not saying start a wagon on Amished. I'm just saying his claim is fishy and I'm not considering him confirmed town by any means.
I don't want to believe anything he or Naomi have said but how do we explain how Ho is living now 4 days instead of 3?
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Setael wrote:Third, is there some rule I don't know about that you have to place a "vig-vote thingy?"
No but we need to figure out who to vig and in a timely manner and posting our vig votes is the best way right?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:17 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Especially without a scum roleblocker?
Um, and how the hell do you know what the scum do/don't have? Slip much?

Heavy FoS: Setael
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Rockatansky »

As problematic as Naomi's claim may be, why is she being wagoned when she's claimed power villa and hasn't been counter-claimed or peeked nor recanted her claim?

I'm also glad to see some people finally questioning Amished's claim. As loathe as I am to speculate on roles, a self-protecting doc seems so overpowered as to be implausible. I think Amished's claim is less believable than Naomi's. However, neither of them should be wagoned yet.

Of course I see this ending like weird claims usually do, with one or both of them living to LYLO and then saying "lulz, I was just kidding" and wondering why they have to be lynched.

/soapbox

As for today,

vote lamont
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:15 am

@Rock:
Just to clarify, your vig vote is Devastation?
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Rockatansky »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
@Rock:
Just to clarify, your vig vote is Devastation?
What is the point of this? I have < 10 posts so far. It would take 5 seconds to check and see that I have not in fact voted anyone to be vigged.

While we're on the subject, the mod stated
This is the first randomised item drop of the game. Items can be publicly taken only. First come, first served. Please remember that day-drop items must be used THAT DAY, or not at all.
Why in the world are people acting like Lamont still has the shotgun shell? Because he said so? If there was some sort of confirmation in thread (other than Lamont's word) the the shotgun shell still can be used, I apologize for missing it.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:49 am

Give shell to Nyx

Happy? And while you're at it you can unvote me too.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Amished »

...... Because the role (right now) is overpowered? I've already stated that it will become much less effective later on (reality shift) making it much less powerful. (Normal) docs never out themselves this early, and me being able to protect myself allowed me to view that as an alternative.

How about this: As long as the reality shift doesn't happen during the day today, I'll protect hohum (or replacement) again. With this statement, anybody else that (theorectically, if I'm lying) could elongate life or protect them (or mod decision [sarcasm]) would be stupid to do so as it's out me as a liar, right? As he's still our only confirmed innocent that's still around, I don't have a problem protecting him. Then tomorrow, when he has another day added to his total; would you be able to believe me then?

Finally, while scum not roleblocking a claimed powerrole being stupid beyond belief easily leads to the conclusion that they do not have a roleblocker; I find the inconsistency in Set's stance interesting as well. He doesn't believe the claim, but to point to the scum "not having a roleblocker" as his main reason for not believing my claim doesn't follow that scum could easily have something else to counterbalance me. Or even that perhaps I'm one of very few power roles so having 1 doc and not much else would still be balanced. To bring that up as one of your main reasons but not examine the whole possible scenario is a slip in my mind, and confirmation that I won't be roleblocked.

Unvote
Vote: Setael

No, my name is not "Ed."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”