Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Lowell »

What up, happy people? Lowell is here. All will soon be revealed.

I'm impressed with the hilariously productive town we've got here so far. Not that you really need me, but at some point I'll read through and post my thoughts, making all things clear. Give me a couple of days.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:57 am

Post by TDC »

Vote Count
darkdude (7): X, iamausername, charter, Seraphim, Caboose, SpyreX, Korts

Seraphim (1): tubby216
HowardRoark (1): populartajo
populartajo (1): HowardRoark

Not Voting (4): darkdude, Lowell, Axelrod, ekiM

8 to lynch.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Korts »

Hi Lowell.

I agree with the HowardRoark-love being unreasonable pending further explanation.
scumchat never die
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:31 am

Post by tubby216 »

ok well i playu basically off of gut and meta,

I know howard and alvinz have a history of not seeing eye to eye.
he has been active even through his v/la something he does as town almost exclusively ( he too complusive to let stuff just sit)

at least thats just how i see it but i could be wrong its been known to happen
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Axelrod »

Lowell wrote:What up, happy people? Lowell is here. All will soon be revealed.

I'm impressed with the hilariously productive town we've got here so far. Not that you really need me, but at some point I'll read through and post my thoughts, making all things clear. Give me a couple of days.
Anyway you can do this faster, considering we're sitting on the brink of a lynch right now?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:38 am

Post by populartajo »

Axelrod wrote:

Anyway you can do this faster, considering we're sitting on the brink of a lynch right now?
Axelrod, I asked for your opinions of HR.

Who do you suspect?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:13 am

Post by populartajo »

tubby216 wrote:ok well i playu basically off of gut and meta,

I know howard and alvinz have a history of not seeing eye to eye.
he has been active even through his v/la something he does as town almost exclusively ( he too complusive to let stuff just sit)

at least thats just how i see it but i could be wrong its been known to happen
what does howard and alvinz have a history of not seeing eye to eye mean? and he has been active where?
Call me Tajo.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:01 am

Post by X »

Axelrod wrote:Seraphim and X claiming Soloist vigilantes looks good for both of them, in as much as if one were scum the other would have been very likely to have killed his neighbor already to get access to the vig. shot.
Oh, right. Didn't think about that.
charter wrote:Paraphrase of your nighttalk Seraphim and X.
SpyreX, you've called ekiM and me tech. What does that mean?
Korts wrote:
X wrote:Just noticed that Korts singled out Seraphim for jumping on Mufasa, when he didn't do it to charter. Odd.
Well, to be fair, I remember telling charter to quit pushing a likely town wagon; but I'm pretty familiar with charter's play, and this is not uncharacteristic of him.
I can't find this in your ISO.

I'm gonna run my paraphrase past TDC before posting it.

Nothing else has really developed since I last posted, as far as I can tell.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:06 am

Post by SpyreX »

Its a lazy way of saying "I agree with your sentiment and find it to be town in nature."

;)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:10 am

Post by X »

Okay, SpyreX. And I just thought of something else. charter, what do you hope to gain by asking us to each post a paraphrase?
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:11 am

Post by HowardRoark »

First, I need to make a correction concerning my case on populartajo. He rated both Russian members (alvinz95 and OozingGolfBall) as neutral -- a good place to rate your partners.

Second, why no response/reaction to my case? Hoping that others will forget that I have you pegged like I had your partner alvinz95 from the beginning of that day?

Third, some additions to my case by going back to your original player summary. You had iamusername, Mixologist, and SpyreX as prob scum and you have yet to have any interaction with them. You have also had no interaction with X, whom you listed as neutral. What are your thoughts on them now?

Fourth, other than my lack of activity and the ridiculously contrived alvinz95 linkage . . . why are you screaming for my lynch? Seeing as how a darkdude lynch has become probable, are you attempting to draw people away from him?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Lowell »

Axelrod wrote:

Won't have a ton of time to commit until Friday. On Friday, if we're still going, I'll give a full read-through and cast a glorious vote.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:24 am

Post by populartajo »

HR wrote:First, I need to make a correction concerning my case on populartajo. He rated both Russian members (alvinz95 and OozingGolfBall) as neutral -- a good place to rate your partners
If they had been in the town places, you would have said the same, omg he put them at townies.
If they had been in the scum places, you would have said the same, omg bussing.
HR wrote:Second, why no response/reaction to my case? Hoping that others will forget that I have you pegged like I had your partner alvinz95 from the beginning of that day?
Your case is based on my bad reads yesterday and OMGUS. You didnt even know I existed before I attacked you, right?
HR wrote:Third, some additions to my case by going back to your original player summary. You had iamusername, Mixologist, and SpyreX as prob scum and you have yet to have any interaction with them. You have also had no interaction with X, whom you listed as neutral. What are your thoughts on them now?
When the hell did I post that iamusername, Mixo and Spyrex were prob scum?
HR wrote:Fourth, other than my lack of activity and the ridiculously contrived alvinz95 linkage . . . why are you screaming for my lynch? Seeing as how a darkdude lynch has become probable, are you attempting to draw people away from him?
Im not the only one thinking you are prob scum. Why the hate against only me? And Im not attempting to draw people awy from darkdude. Did you miss the part where I said he is one of the good plays today?
Do you at least accept that is weird that alvinz had an strange fiuxation with you?. Why do you think he made this attack against you?
alvinz wrote:HowardRoark, you just majorly screwed yourself over by saying that I was BUDDYING WITH YOU. Good job winning dammit
Did you even respond to this?
Call me Tajo.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Seraphim »

I think that out of the remaining players, Darkdude, HR, and ekiM are most likely to be scum, in that order.

There's a chance tajo and Lowell, as lurkers, are scum but tajo seems his usual town self.

I think HR is Russian and either DD or Mike are the last Italian.

Mod: I will be V/LA from tomorrow until next Saturday, Sunday-ish.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by X »

Seraphim wrote:I think HR is Russian and either
DD
or Mike are the last
Italian
Are you reading the same game as I am?

Nighttalk Paraphrase
Night 0

Seraphim: Hi!
X: What's the point of this if you're scum?
Seraphim: Eh, whatever. Any abilities that you have that I should know about?
Night 1

X:
Excised.
You?
Seraphim:
Excised.
Didn't expect OGB as scum. Who do you think is scum?
X: roflcopter, alvinz, IHSIB. And I have no idea about Mufasa. Also didn't see OGB as either scum or town. I think the speed of this game coupled with my inexperience with Large games is hurting my scumhunting.
Seraphim: I see rofl as a Cop w/Guilty.
Night 2

Seraphim: Look, there's another Mafia Neighbor. What's the chance that I'm mafia now? I doubt you are. Probably 1 scum left per group. Wanna try a gambit?
X: It definitely decreased the chance, but I'm not ruling it out. How are you sure about the 1 scum thing? And I'm very cautious about gambits, but shoot.
Seraphim: Never mind. Too many problems in the gambit. And I'm not sure, but it's unfeasible to have two 4-man mafias. And if alvinz was a motivator, how did we only get 1 kill N0? And do you think Caboose is town?
X: I see your point about balance, but I won't rule out 4 and 4. alvinz was a multitasker. As far as Caboose goes, the alvinz flip makes me sort of trust him. I will be surprised if he doesn't die Tonight. But the mod could have given an investigation to a mafioso. But other than his clairvoyant predictions, he hasn't contributed much. What do you think of him?

HowardRoark, you have not participated a grand amount in this game so far, understandably because of V/LA. However, I was not impressed by your case on populartajo, and you never gave long posts upon returning from V/LA. So, I have a few questions for you:
1. What do you think of darkdude?
2. What do you think of Seraphim and my claim?
3. You were voting for Korts for the vast majority of D1. How has your opinion of him changed between now and then?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

.... Wow. If that is an accurate paraphrase it just reeks of scum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:41 am

Post by HowardRoark »

1) This is the best part of your response; it's all down hill from here.

2)
populartajo wrote:Your case is based on my bad reads yesterday and OMGUS. You didnt even know I existed before I attacked you, right?
Yes, I knew you existed before yesterday. I may have been V/LA for a while, but I know who all of the players are. This doesn't answer why you hadn't responded nor even mentioned my case. I made my case, you were V/LA for a bit, you have appearently caught up, you have ignored my case. It is just a OMGUS attack on me.

3) My apologies on the players you have ignored and your post 263 alignment reads, I read my notes like a dyslexic.

4)
populartajo wrote:Im not the only one thinking you are prob scum.* Why the hate against only me? {snip} Did you miss the part where I said he is one of the good plays today?
Way to avoid my question on your screaming for my lynch. Please answer to why you have been constantly asking, begging, stating for me to be lynched. I am on you right now because I do not like some of your play so far. Your response to my case against you is my best guage for your alignment (barring any neon signs blinking "SCUM"). I also believe that darkdude could be a good lynch today, but in the meantime I am furthering my reads on other players.
populartajo wrote:
alvinz wrote:HowardRoark, you just majorly screwed yourself over by saying that I was BUDDYING WITH YOU. Good job winning dammit
Did you even respond to this?
No. What is there to respond to? alvinz95 threw a fit because he was caught scum. If you have any experience with alvinz95 (or many other good scum players), you know that this is a great tactic: blow up and make a damning statement, such as this, on a town player to divert away from the partner.

*Majority Authority?

BTW, FWIW: Here are some other people that I am still watching . . . Korts, iamusername, and
Mixologist
Lowell. However, Serphim keeps creeping back in there due to his poor play. (Sorry, guy . . . nothing personal . . . but I hated the one time I replaced for you and I've yet to read a game where I thought you didn't seem scummy or at least midly "mentally challenged".)
X wrote:I was not impressed by your case on populartajo
That's fine . . . I'm not looking for anyone's kudos. It's my method.
X wrote:you never gave long posts upon returning from V/LA
I'm sorry, I must have missed that in the rules somewhere. I'm not going to post "Hey, I'm back from V/LA; re-reading." nor a wall of text just to respond to everyone's points. I hope this one has become long enough to satisfy your desires.
X wrote:1. What do you think of darkdude?
2. What do you think of Seraphim and my claim?
3. You were voting for Korts for the vast majority of D1. How has your opinion of him changed between now and then?
1) I don't like his play that much, but I am not ready to write him off as 100% scum. I am trying to compare his play in this game to another that he was scum.
2) I'm still digesting it. Early in the game I was willing to give Seraphim some room based on what I've seen of him before. You two are not my top concerns as of yet.
3) He is still on my list, but I need to finish with populartajo first.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:49 am

Post by Korts »

I don't particularly like Seraphim making assumptions about the number of scum. At this point there are still a lot of possibilities.

X: this post addresses charter's obsession with Mufasa, among others.

Waiting on Seraphim's version of the neighbourhood conversation before I comment.

HowardRoark's attack on tajo, other than being arguably OMGUS, seems for the sake of attacking anyone at all--tajo is a convenient choice on multiple accounts: he's attacked Howard, which got his attention in the first place, and he hasn't been particularly active, therefore a possibly valid lynch. The case Howard presents is weak and implicates him more than it does tajo.
scumchat never die
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 am

Post by iamausername »

populartajo wrote:Also, why is HowardRock not dead yet? Am I the only one seeing the Howard-Alvinz forced connection?
Definitely not, but darkdude is even scummier than Howard.
Seraphim wrote:1. Darkdude hasn't scumhunted at all.
2. What he has done is defended two confirmed Russian scum.
3. He made a really, really post a couple pages back where he admitted he defended Alvinz to make himself look more town...
It's not just that he defended OGB, it's the way he tried to link him to Mufasa by acting like the cases on them were identical.
HowardRoark wrote:He rated both Russian members (alvinz95 and OozingGolfBall) as neutral -- a good place to rate your partners.
This is approximately 7000 times more contrived than the connection tajo has drawn between you and alvinz. He rated 19/22 players as either prob town or neutral, it's hardly damning evidence that two of those happened to be scum.
HowardRoark wrote:You had iamusername, Mixologist, and SpyreX as prob scum and you have yet to have any interaction with them.
Really, how hard is it to read tajo's "prob town/neutral/prob scum" list? That's like the third time you've said something completely false about it.
HowardRoark wrote:Seeing as how a darkdude lynch has become probable, are you attempting to draw people away from him?
Pot, kettle, etc.
HowardRoark wrote:It is just a OMGUS attack on me.
No, see, the one who attacks the other guy AFTER the other guy attacks him is the one who's OMGUSing, Howard.
HowardRoark wrote:If you have any experience with alvinz95 (or many other good scum players), you know that this is a great tactic: blow up and make a damning statement, such as this, on a town player to divert away from the partner.
Except that alvinz is not a good scum player (or any other kind of good player).
HowardRoark wrote:BTW, FWIW: Here are some other people that I am still watching . . . Korts, iamusername, and
Mixologist
Lowell.
HIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Lowell »

I've started my reread. No one hammer in the next 24 hours, please. I don't want to not get my thoughts out there before night.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:10 am

Post by ekiM »

tubby wrote:ekim where the hell are you i had a town read on you but the you dissapeared
I don't get it, I posted 15 posts before this. I don't know what else there is to say today.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:39 am

Post by tubby216 »

ekiM wrote:
tubby wrote:ekim where the hell are you i had a town read on you but the you dissapeared
I don't get it, I posted 15 posts before this. I don't know what else there is to say today.
ohh ok
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:40 am

Post by darkdude »

SpyreX wrote:.... Wow. If that is an accurate paraphrase it just reeks of scum.
How?
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:45 am

Post by HowardRoark »

And that is how the weak case works . . . suddenly we get Korts boiling it down to OMGUS and iamusername tearing it apart. Do those two names sound familiar? Oh yeah, they were on my watch list. All just pieces of the puzzle.

I'd like to see a reaction from Seraphim to what X has posted as a paraphrase of the neighborhood's night talk. Right now, I'd have to say that it looks pretty bad for Seraphim: indifference when X was wary of him being mafia, role fishing, etc.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:15 am

Post by SpyreX »

How bout me? I think you, sera and dark are having a scum olympics.

WHO WILL GET THE GOLD
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”