Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Ohh Zor you were looking a bit too deep at the reasons:

All three of you, DGB and Ecto just went "lol, gambit? Sweet."
No, I went "uh-oooh...arhghwiofh," drooled on my keyboard and poked an eye out.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
A different perspective indeed.

I don't see what Adel is up to. But I'm not going to lynch Adel for the same reason you've been complaining that he is doing to you and that is voting for sub-optimal play. You don't lynch a claimed Vig on day 2, there is no need in general, even if an SK.
Adel is clearly experienced enough to know that. Why would it surprise me for him to say gambit and admit it is not optimal play and he was looking for leapers?

Porkens on the other hand has been all about the opportunity, both today and yesterday. Look at the time stamp when Porkens voted and how scant amount of time was in between that vote and my unvote. I'm not even certain if he even knew he would be only L-1 on that and not the hammer.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

@Troll - Trolls line of thinking was something I could only guess at. I had not much to guess at for your motivations for your words. Your stated ones seem sound though.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Spring wrote:@Spyrex.

Why are you setting this as Adel town/Spyrex scum or Spyrextown/adelscum scenario?

If Adel flips town, why should it be conviction of your guilt?
If you flip town, why should it make Adel scum?
I guess its not an "either / or" scenario. However, that doesn't change one iota that I think Adel is scum for not only the attack but the method of attack and doubly now for "lol gambit."

Adel is scum NOW, however if I were killed and flipped town that really eliminates the left-field arguments for my alignment brought up and leaves it squarely on "Pushing the non-occam's answer in self-preservation" which is scum++.

As for the other perhaps its just the general "Wow, he was pushing HARD for that lynch. Mega hard. Maybe he's scum..." and then back to the awesome Adel-logic for trying to push my lynch.

@DGB:

Saying that's what you felt is all awesome but your first post afterwards is:
We could move forward and lynch s-lullaby. Just an idea.
Which doesn't give me any feelings of that nature.
Ecto wrote:I don't see what Adel is up to. But I'm not going to lynch Adel for the same reason you've been complaining that he is doing to you and that is voting for sub-optimal play. You don't lynch a claimed Vig on day 2, there is no need in general, even if an SK.
Adel is clearly experienced enough to know that. Why would it surprise me for him to say gambit and admit it is not optimal play and he was looking for leapers?
Its not a question of "sub optimal play" its a matter of the attacks themselves. And the rest of the play this game.

The unexplained votes day 1.
The "stalling" business with Porkens.
The meta questionnaire that hasn't been used for anything.
The lack of..anything.. concerning Herod's fixation.
The selective use of meta. (see me, Zorblag "Being good as scum" when his town record is percentage-wise better)
The unnecessary ad hom's with me.
The difference in reactions from what I said versus what Elmo brought up.
The "lol gambit" after it became apparent not only was I NOT going to get lynched BUT that the attack itself was going to get her lynched.

Ultimately, really, the ONLY reason I can see that no one has hammered is that "Ohh, Adel is just being Adel."

Which isn't going to fly.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by Adel »

SpyreX wrote: The unexplained votes day 1.
aren't going to be explained.
The "stalling" business with Porkens.
your lack of suspicion of him, giving him cover, not being concearned about his lack of contribution, ect, is really making me think that y'all have out-of-game agreement to to lynch each other in this game.
The meta questionnaire that hasn't been used for anything.
of all of the posts on page 3, I challange you to find one that has generated more information.
The selective use of meta. (see me, Zorblag "Being good as scum" when his town record is percentage-wise better)
way out of context... I was talking about how Troll and Elmo are able to slip through as scum.
The unnecessary ad hom's with me.
hypocrite. You started it, continued it, and are making a deal out of it.
The difference in reactions from what I said versus what Elmo brought up.
think about this a little bit more please.
The "lol gambit" after it became apparent not only was I NOT going to get lynched BUT that the attack itself was going to get her lynched.
a vote doesn't = a lynch. sorry.
Ultimately, really, the ONLY reason I can see that no one has hammered is that "Ohh, Adel is just being Adel."

Which isn't going to fly.
please stop looking at the world though a straw.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by Adel »

Why is Elmo missing from this list?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by Adel »

Adel wrote:

Why is Elmo missing from this list?
seriously, the four other players who are better at mafia than you just reached the same tentative conclusion.

Once again, take a break, do a reread, and think about the game a little more carefully.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Adel »

also, you didn't understand my play
even when we were lovers and my alignment was confirmed to you
. You still don't.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Why isn't Elmo on that list? Because he hadn't posted between lol gambit and my statement.

I don't get you though. If it so important that you're better than me then you can have it. Its not fun playing the game with you.

So, you win I guess. I have no desire to ever play with you again, good or bad.

Mod: Requesting Replacement
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Post by Adel »

cry me a river.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:17 pm

Post by Adel »

sweet, PokerFace is next on the replacement list. The town's odds are looking up!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by Adel »

as I see it, right now there is the voting block of
1. (Vi, Porkens, SpyreX) who will only vote Adel
2. (spring, Ecto) who mmight vote Adel
3. (Troll, DGB, Adel, Elmo) who will not vote Adel

I think that the group of (Adel, Ecto, Elmo, DGB, Troll) should be able to agree that there is at least 1 scum within (Porkens, spring, Vi).

I think we might even be able to all agree on one of them, but we can also use SpryeX as an extra vote... anyhow, I think SpryeX (or Pokerface) should sit on his opinion of other players, to prevent scum players from simply following his lead, or telling him what he wants to hear.
Vote at deadline, or shortly before, but only as necessary.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:02 am

Post by springlullaby »

Adel wrote:as I see it, right now there is the voting block of
1. (Vi, Porkens, SpyreX) who will only vote Adel
2. (spring, Ecto) who mmight vote Adel
3. (Troll, DGB, Adel, Elmo) who will not vote Adel

I think that the group of (Adel, Ecto, Elmo, DGB, Troll) should be able to agree that there is at least 1 scum within (Porkens, spring, Vi).
The reasoning behind this escapes me, but I guess it must be because I am stupid. I will simply remark that 1/3 odds is
brilliant
. So much better than 3/9 odds that town must be in at the moment with 3 prospective scum.

Re: gambit on Spyrex
What kind of vinegar fly scum were you expecting to catch exactly Adel?

I don't buy this crap.

24 hours to convince me.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Porkens »

Can we lynch Adel now?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Elmo »

No. Adel hasn't done anything that's inconsistent with AdelTown. Also, probably the only other person to do something objectively pro-town by trying to stop the Artem wagon.
Ectomancer wrote:You don't lynch a claimed Vig on day 2, there is no need in general, even if an SK. Adel is clearly experienced enough to know that. Why would it surprise me for him to say gambit and admit it is not optimal play and he was looking for leapers?

Porkens on the other hand has been all about the opportunity, both today and yesterday.
This. Basically.

Porkens, please go into excruciating detail as to why Adel is a such a great lynch.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:58 am

Post by Ectomancer »

<In his quiet voice>

I'm the biggest asshole here and I can be nice. Please keep the personal attacks to a minimum. I don't know what the deal is but it isn't necessary.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Elmo »

Ditto Springlullaby. Also, why have you dropped the Vi thing you were pushing?

To be clear, I'm not saying Adel is town. I think Adel is very mildly townish, and I would not die of shock if she did turn out to be scum, but there just isn't any reason that I can see to suspect 'em, much less lynch. Again, the speed and vitriol mixed with the dubious basis of this wagon scares me.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:26 am

Post by Porkens »

Adel SCREAMS scum to me.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Zorblag »

@DrippingGoofball: Troll sort wants to know how you think Vi and springlullaby each come off based on the entire exchange but if you want particular points to look at how about:

The first thing that springlullaby gives as a reason for her vote be Vi's attitude towards Adel on day one but she says that she noticed that after she had already cast her vote.

springlullaby pushes the point that Vi's claimed read on Adel be neutral and that Vi would expect the analysis to deliver eventually were Adel town or scum. Vi's vote for Adel be for stalling and lack of contribution (at least at the start of the day by Troll's read or the motives that springlullaby be attributing to Vi.)

The two seem to disagree about how springlullaby chose to express suspicions the first day and how effective springlullaby's arguments were (though perhaps that disagreement be one sided).

Do either side of those points (or anything else in the exchange today) resonate with DrippingGoofball in any way?

@Adel: Troll no cares for what looks like an appeal to authority when you say that "the four other players who are better at mafia than you just reached the same tentative conclusion." Troll has come to a tentative conclusion here but Troll wants others to come to their own, not simply believe that because any group of others decide something it probably be true.

As for Troll's stance on the group of Porkens, springlullaby and Vi, Troll does agree that it be likely that at least one of the three be scum. Troll has little interest in voting for Vi today. Troll does find the interactions of Porkens and springlullaby today (compared to yesterday) to be interesting. Yesterday them were among each other's biggest detractors. Today them have been largely oblivious of each other (though Porkens did say that one of springlullaby's posts attacking Adel made her look town.)

@Ectomancer: Troll usually has some reason for asking the questions Troll does but it no always be clear from the questions. You be welcome to ask about them if you no can see it and them trouble you (though at times Troll might defer Troll's answers if revealing the purpose of the questions might influence the chances of getting a useful answer.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:49 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Zorblag wrote:The first thing that springlullaby gives as a reason for her vote be Vi's attitude towards Adel on day one but she says that she noticed that after she had already cast her vote.

springlullaby pushes the point that Vi's claimed read on Adel be neutral and that Vi would expect the analysis to deliver eventually were Adel town or scum. Vi's vote for Adel be for stalling and lack of contribution (at least at the start of the day by Troll's read or the motives that springlullaby be attributing to Vi.)

The two seem to disagree about how springlullaby chose to express suspicions the first day and how effective springlullaby's arguments were (though perhaps that disagreement be one sided).

Do either side of those points (or anything else in the exchange today) resonate with DrippingGoofball in any way?
Springlullaby is on my scumlist to begin with, for not being townie enough. I'm willing to vote anyone that doesn't give off townie vibes namely, springlullaby, Ectomancer, Vi, and to a lesser extent, Porkens.

Since I like the case against springlullaby,

unvote, vote: springlullaby
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Porkens »

OT:
DGBSIG wrote:Countdown to mafia retirement:
2 games in Coney Island
How come?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:09 am

Post by Elmo »

Porkens wrote:Adel SCREAMS scum to me.
Then it should be incredibly easy to say why she you think she's scum. So why aren't you able to?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Elmo »

Guys. Go back and look at Porkens' first post where he joked about doing something that looks scummy (third vote on a wagon without reasoning) for the purposes of getting reactions. Now try and tell me with a straight face that he doesn't understand why Adel might gambit similarly.

You're not even examining the possibility. There's no doubt, no consideration, just OMG SCUM FULL STEAM AHEAD.

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:48 am

Post by springlullaby »

Elmo wrote:Ditto Springlullaby. Also, why have you dropped the Vi thing you were pushing?
Ditto what? Why have I dropped what?

Also, where is the case against me?
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:00 am

Post by caf19 »

Votecount

Vi (2): springlullaby, Adel
Adel (3): Vi, SpyreX, Porkens
springlullaby (2): Zorblag, DrippingGoofball
Porkens (1): Ectomancer

Not voting

Elmo

Searching for a replacement for SpyreX.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Elmo »

Spring,
Elmo wrote:please go into excruciating detail as to why Adel is a such a great lynch
as well.

Actually, you haven't dropped Vi; I missed that you talked about Vi again in 841 but pound for pound you seem more inclined to push Adel over Vi, and I'm curious why. You were making a case and voting Vi as of post 730; an hour later, you said you'd vote for Adel in 24h... I'm also curious why the quick switch.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”