Newbie 792--Mafia Island ~ Mafia win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:36 am

Post by Thesp »

AGar wrote:
Thesp wrote:

AGar, who's scum?
Too early to tell. Although several people are raising my suspicions.
Who? (Keep in mind it will be unlikely that we will ever have ironclad "evidence" that someone is scum, just our best guesses.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

For this game, I'm experimenting with a new style; unless there is something coming up, or if the circumstances force me to do so, I will only attempt to answer every question that is directed at me.

Currently, this post has me a little irked:
Papa Zito wrote:Anyway, I'm trying to convey that I'm unhappy with our current pace, and open to whatever will get us to a faster clip.
It's just a hunch, but it could be scum wishing the town be over-enthusiastic and mis-lynch someone.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

@darkstrike_11: I replaced a player in the last game. We were at LYLO, and I was chosen to be the target of tracker's fake-claim. Over-enthusiastic townies led to a very quick scum victory.
最愛心。。。
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Khelvaster »

And the third votecount:

tracker(1): Indigo Heron;

Wickedestjr(2): Mitey Mouse, Papa Zito,

Darkstrike(1): Wickedstjr
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

having looked back it appears that Wickedestjr was not actually at L-1. I'm really sorry for getting all worked up. It was genuinely my mistake.

@ indigo I agree with you about Papa Zito, he is where my current suspicions lie.

that sounds like a very interesting game! What was the name of it? I'd like to have a read.

Also your policy of keeping out of the discussion is very anti town. Not scummy per se, but certainly anti town.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Boxman »

If you're talking about Indigo's game, it was Newbie 772. It ended with like 30 pages on it, so...:P

Anyway, I just randomly picked wickedestjr. It was just my bad luck that he turned out to have a bunch of votes on him.

I haven't seen too much scumminess out of anybody yet.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Papa Zito said -
We could all massclaim instead? lulz I'm open to whatever gets this game moving.
Huh? I don't think this is funny. I also don't like the idea of mass claiming just to get the game moving. You posted this on page 3, which is kind of early in the game considering the random voting occured a few days prior to this post. I think you could be mafia trying to figure out who the power roles are.

20 was an arbitrary number, but I see your point. And I agree, I doubt we'll need the full 3 weeks. Besides, we wouldn't want you to be sad.
Wow, looks like somebody's just changed their mind.

Unvote
Vote: Papa Zito

The reason I am suddenly voting Papa Zito, was because I was curious as to why you thought he was suspicious, and then I noticed the above posts.

Does anybody else agree that this seems scummy?
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

It does seem scummy, but I think that Papa Zito should have his chance to defend himself before I decide.
最愛心。。。
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Papa Zito

[1]How did you get your hunch about wicked? Was it his general posts? his voting patterns? [2]I don't like "hunches" because they base too much on the tone of posts rather than the content and also get the user out of having to explain his vote.
[3]Final question for you, are there any players who you think are definately town?
1. His posts 4 and 5 (read in isolation) rubbed me the wrong way, though I can't quantify why (hence the hunch). His post 12 has helped confirm the hunch. I also don't like that he's not giving opinions on anything, just asking lots of questions.

2. I agree, I typically don't work on hunches either. This is uncomfortable territory, but I'm having a tough time getting a handle on the game.

3. So far I like what you and Thesp have done. The only definite town in the game is myself though.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Indigo Heron wrote:For this game, I'm experimenting with a new style; unless there is something coming up, or if the circumstances force me to do so, I will only attempt to answer every question that is directed at me.

Currently, this post has me a little irked:
Papa Zito wrote:Anyway, I'm trying to convey that I'm unhappy with our current pace, and open to whatever will get us to a faster clip.
It's just a hunch, but it could be scum wishing the town be over-enthusiastic and mis-lynch someone.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt (for some reason) and assume you didn't read 76.
Kappa
Just Monika
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:15 am

Post by AGar »

Papa Zito seems to read scum to me, trying to speed things up, maybe to force a mislead bandwagon on an innocent townie.

I'm waiting to see his response before I go voting for him though.

Wickedestjr also has my attention, voting so quickly. It's pretty anti-town to just vote like that, because you might get some less attentive people looking at voting records and just picking up a vote off of one persons suspicions.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Oh lol. Please read the game, people. Here, I'll do the heavy lifting for you.
Darkstrike_11 wrote:I would love the game to be faster as well. I'd love to be on here while people constantly post to distract me from the spiders procreating on top of my desk. Ewww...
Papa Zito wrote:2. That was a hugely scummy statement. I'm asking for more content and you insinuate I'm wanting to mislynch someone.
Darkstrike_11 wrote:You weren’t asking for more content, you were asking for a quicker pace to the proceedings. They are different. A quicker pace would help the scum, allowing rapid and ill informed lynches. That we do not like.
Papa Zito wrote:1. Just to be absolutley clear: A quicker pace = more posts per player per day. It has nothing to do with how fast a lynch occurs. It has everything to do with generating more content. I'm all for using our full 3 weeks, but I'd rather we had 20 pages when we get there than 5.
Thesp wrote:I appreciate the sentiment, but I will probably cry if it takes us 20 pages to lynch. At the pace we're going, hopefully we won't need the full three weeks. (I strongly believe there's a point of diminishing returns on content.)
Papa Zito wrote:20 was an arbitrary number, but I see your point. And I agree, I doubt we'll need the full 3 weeks. Besides, we wouldn't want you to be sad.

/annoyance
Kappa
Just Monika
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

to be fair to Zito, he has refuted the claims of speeding up the game. I'm fairly sure of his intent, which wasn't scummy. Anti town, perhaps, but not downright scummy. His reaction to my post on the subject on the other hand is a completely different matter. My read on him is neutral at the moment.

Someone I'd really like to talk to is tracker, though i'm not sure what's going on with him..is he getting replaced? does he have access on his holiday? who knows.

as for wickedestjr, his vote isn't particularly scummy, he was just trying to pressurise Zito into explaining what he has already done. My main conundrum over wicked is whether or not to believe his post stating a position of ignorance as to the abilities of the mafia to converse. Whether or not that post is believeable is the current test of whether wicked is scum, for me.

@Papa Zito, I understand your hunches thing, so far I have so very little to go on. Like I said, plenty of town reads but very few scum reads. And thankyou for answering my questions.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:38 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Well, Papa Zito the main reason why I am not giving many oppinions is because I don't really see tanything to give my opinion about. But I did give you my oppinion on why I thought you seemed scummy and earlier I am pretty sure I gave my opinion on Darkstrike_11 as well. Did you not like these opinions?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Wickedestjr wrote:Well, Papa Zito the main reason why I am not giving many oppinions is because I don't really see tanything to give my opinion about. But I did give you my oppinion on why I thought you seemed scummy and earlier I am pretty sure I gave my opinion on Darkstrike_11 as well. Did you not like these opinions?
No.

I think it's time to do a PBPA.

Post 1: /confirm
Post 2: Random vote. I remember this post pinged at the time though... you're parroting Thesp's question style.
Post 3: Votes me for the random bandwagon suggestion. I'm cool with this vote.
Post 4: Unvotes, re-prods Tracker.
Post 5: Series of questions.
Post 6: Wasn't aware Mafia could talk outside the thread????
Post 7: Votes Darkstrike_11. This is a bad vote, and no, no opinion is shared here.
Post 8: "I'm making observations"
Post 9: "@Darkside_11 - Glad we have an understanding, however, I am not unvoting until either you give me a good reason to, or somebody else turns out to be more likely to be scum."
Post 10: Defense
Post 11: Defense
Post 12: I can't do anything about the PZ vote
Post 13: Votes me again, even though this had already been discussed
Post 14: Quoted above.

You haven't given opinions on
anyone
. You're playing very carefully, aka very scummily, and I'm very happy with my vote.
Kappa
Just Monika
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Wickedestjr wrote: I think you could be mafia trying to figure out who the power roles are.
Umm... This is an opinion isn't it?

Also, where has your random bandwagon suggestion been discussed? I do not remember this?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Oh, now I see where you responded to my previous vote against you. That still doesn't explain why you suddenly say;

"I doubt we'll need the full 3 weeks."

This doesn't seem like it goes with your post where you were eager to get the game moving.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote: I think you could be mafia trying to figure out who the power roles are.
Umm... This is an opinion isn't it?

Also, where has your random bandwagon suggestion been discussed? I do not remember this?
Was that it? "I think you could be" is the weakest opinion ever. Oh, and you didn't point out the Darkstrike_11 opinion.
Wickedestjr wrote:Oh, now I see where you responded to my previous vote against you. That still doesn't explain why you suddenly say;

"I doubt we'll need the full 3 weeks."

This doesn't seem like it goes with your post where you were eager to get the game moving.
Papa Zito wrote:1. Just to be absolutley clear: A quicker pace = more posts per player per day. It has nothing to do with how fast a lynch occurs. It has everything to do with generating more content.
I'm all for using our full 3 weeks,
but I'd rather we had 20 pages when we get there than 5.
Papa Zito wrote:20 was an arbitrary number, but I see your point.
And I agree, I doubt we'll need the full 3 weeks.
Besides, we wouldn't want you to be sad.
There is no contradiction here. You're just flailing.
Kappa
Just Monika
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Thesp »

I don't find the back and forth between Papa Zito and wickedestjr to be very interesting. I'd much rather lynch AGar.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Thesp wrote:I don't find the back and forth between Papa Zito and wickedestjr to be very interesting.
It isn't.
Thesp wrote: I'd much rather lynch AGar.
This, however, is.
Thesp wrote:Wickedstjr and Boxman, please don't nightkill him, it would make me sad.
What changed since Friday?
Kappa
Just Monika
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Thesp »

Papa Zito wrote:
Thesp wrote:Wickedstjr and Boxman, please don't nightkill him, it would make me sad.
My seriousness.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Thesp wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
My seriousness.
So Wickedestjr and Boxman are town, and AGar is scum?
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:10 am

Post by Papa Zito »

The lack of activity here is making me a sad panda.
Kappa
Just Monika
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Post by Thesp »

Papa Zito wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
My seriousness.
So Wickedestjr and Boxman are town, and AGar is scum?
I wouldn't stipulate to the former, but I do indeed subscribe to the latter.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Thesp wrote:
Papa Zito wrote: So Wickedestjr and Boxman are town, and AGar is scum?
I wouldn't stipulate to the former, but I do indeed subscribe to the latter.
This reminds me of those old Sierra games. Or even better, the old command-line ones, like Adventure and Zork. Remember those?

Code: Select all

You are in a small room.  A TABLE sits squarely in the middle.  Upon the table are TWO KEYS.  There is an exit to the north and south.
>north
The door is closed.
>open door
The door is locked.
>get key
Which one?
>get a key
Do you mean the BLUE key or the RED key?
>get blue key
You are not close enough.
>walk to key
You can't walk to that.
>walk to table
You are standing next to the table.
>get blue key
Taken.
>open door
The door is locked.
>unlock door
With what?
>unlock door with key
Do you mean the BLUE key or the RED key?
>unlock door with blue key
You aren't close enough.
>walk to door
Do you mean the NORTH door or the SOUTH door?
>walk to north door
You are standing next to the northern door.
>unlock north door
With what?
>unlock north door with blue key
The door is now unlocked.
>north
The door is closed.
>alsdk;rja;sdklf
I'm sorry, I don't recognize 'alsdk;rja;sdklf'

I agree AGar is likely scum, but it'd be great if you could spell out your thought process without me having to drag it out piece by piece. Thx.
Kappa
Just Monika

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”