The Apprentice: MafiaScum - Someone Hired!

Who would you rather work for?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm

Donald Trump
32%
ShadowLurker
68%
Blackberry
No votes

Total votes: 207

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 10:53 am

Post by JDodge »

Porochaz wrote:Basis of one task, Ive been with you in. Hard to get on when you dont have a computer/internet and your moving out. So hey, judge me on that if you like... I just find it amusing that your complaining about my lack of activity in this game when you consistently fail with activity elsewhere on the site.
I find it amusing that you can't find anything to attack on my record in this game and you have to resort to personal accusations to try and get your point across.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Porochaz »

Im taking which is true from elsewhere on the site because you are complaining about me being inactive when in the year and a half Ive been here I havent been replaced once in any game where you are known for being totally inactive in other games, its pot calling the kettle black. In this game sure you've been active, Im not trying to put you down here. I want to win this next task and I won't resort to trying to take you down before the task has actually started. I need to know your performance for the tasks that we have been in together. I have a thread to pull back from for everything else and Im sure Jathan can make reasoned desicions... I have my opinions of you in this game but I think its a better idea to focus on this next task rather than trying to take your other team members down. Hopefully it won't come to that.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by JDodge »

Porochaz wrote:Im taking which is true from elsewhere on the site because you are complaining about me being inactive when in the year and a half Ive been here I havent been replaced once in any game where you are known for being totally inactive in other games, its pot calling the kettle black. In this game sure you've been active, Im not trying to put you down here. I want to win this next task and I won't resort to trying to take you down before the task has actually started. I need to know your performance for the tasks that we have been in together. I have a thread to pull back from for everything else and Im sure Jathan can make reasoned desicions... I have my opinions of you in this game but I think its a better idea to focus on this next task rather than trying to take your other team members down. Hopefully it won't come to that.
And I need to know your performance as PM.

Glad we can reach this agreement that you're our PM for the next task.
stream

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I never disputed it.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:04 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

dahill1 and Porochaz will be Project Managers.

Your task will be to create a launch event for Kodak's new product, a camera that has built in wireless capabilities to send any pictures you take immediately to friends. Your job will be to describe this launch event, as well as find pictures that you think are emblematic of the word
litost
, which will be the theme emotion of your event.

For a description of the world
litost
, look at: http://jakemohan.net/archives/311

You have until Friday 7PM EDT, good luck!
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:21 am

Post by dahill1 »

I'm going to be gone for pretty much all this summer starting about this Wednesday.
I really like this game so in the unlikely chance it's still going I'll gladly replace back in, but for now I need a replacement.

Sorry :(

I should have some access possibly this weekend but after that nothing.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:14 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Welcome to the Boardroom contestants. As always, Carolyn, played by ZONEACE, is on my left, and George, played by Lord Gurgi, is on my right. Let's get to the results.

Guest judges this week were Sefer and a professor.
Virgo, your first picture approached the meaning of litost; however, the rest of your presentation missed the point, simplying litost into revenge. In addition, you completely lacked a launch event, which was half of the task.
Eagle Eye, your war/Tiananmen photos do not really convey litost at all, rather only misery. Your 3rd and 4th photos approach what one may look like when overcome with litost. Your launch event was well planned out and excellent. Unfortunately, you were three hours late with your submission.

As a result of critical errors on both sides, both judges agreed that there would be no winner of this task. However, I will only be doing a single firing now that we are down to this point.

Porochaz
, why were you three hours late? Whose idea were the two war photos and Tiananmen square photo? If someone from your team gets fired tonight, who should it be?

JDodge
, who do you think should be fired out of the entire 7 remaining for this task? Who of the entire 7 has done the least during this process as a whole?

+
, was Porochaz a good Project Manager? Who would be better to work with: Porochaz or JDodge?

dahill1
, whose fault was it that you lacked a launch event entirely? I believe a replacement when we are this close to the end is inappropriate, so I am asking also would you like to quit?

pickemgenius
, what did you contribute to this task?

crywolf20084
, who of the entire 7 should be fired? Who is the weakest person on each team?

Max
, was dahill1 a good Project Manager? Who is the worst leader on your team?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:36 am

Post by dahill1 »

ShadowLurker wrote:
dahill1
, whose fault was it that you lacked a launch event entirely? I believe a replacement when we are this close to the end is inappropriate, so I am asking also would you like to quit?
I believe that we all misinterpreted the task at hand. I was the person who wrote the description but I asked my team a number of times to give input and the little I got said it was fine.

I would not like to quit because I think that's not representative of all of the work I've done previous to this task. Also, there are others who deserve to be eliminated much more than I do. However, I will be absent for the majority of the summer starting soon so I don't see any way that I can continue without a replacement.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:40 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

crywolf20084, who of the entire 7 should be fired? Who is the weakest person on each team?
Weakest people on each team: Porochaz and Max, hands down. Prozac never seemed to be around enough to help, and max, especially in the task I had PMed, I made several attempts to talk to him. He picked up PM's but did not respond. I know dahill had similar experience in this challenge, least he posted in the QT. PEG with his internet being crashed didn't help, but he's a close third, because he is hardly around.
Out of those two (really three), I would like to see Prozac go.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Porochaz »

Cayke I wasnt on your team.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Porochaz »

Oh never mind. Cayke obviously has absolutely no idea what she is talking about. Based on previous experience I found Max to be decent. The others I dont know however I did find pickem to be fairly quiet and useless during at least one of the other tasks. As for this task, I did it
all
myself. Wait thats not entirely true. JDodge didnt like the podium in the video so I took it out. The event planning was done entirely by me, the photos were done entirely by me.

JDodge made a reply early on, when I suggested the event stating a lot of what he didnt like but not really offering anything else. + made a reply about 40 minutes before I sent in what I did. Suggesting that we use "cute animals" instead. I was out in RL that night so when I came back and found nothing there to use I went with what was mostly my original idea and built the event off of that.

When I say JDodge and + did nothing during this task I really do mean nothing. Its also not like I didnt try, the quicktopic was made early on and I suggested my idea in the first post. I also sent out a reminder that I needed help early Friday morning when the quicktopic only had 2 posts by me and 1 by JDodge.

I dont know what the other 4 did, so I cant choose anyone out of them however my two "team"mates. 1 complained how I didnt do anything during the previous task, insisted that I be Project Manager, then did a miniscule amount. The other didnt turn up, up until after the deadline, posted some pictures about cute animals and suggest that the litost theme was crap and we should go with this instead. The members of my team were a joke and I would be happy with either of them going. If I had to choose between the two based on his previous performance I would save +. JDodge was definetly around, he complained so much at the beginning of the task about me not being around and then failed to give me any support during the task. I think JDodge should go.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:52 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

So you did it by yourself. Not much different from what Dahill and I did. I came up with a slogan and created one of the pictures. I had a migrane. PEG's internet is on the fritz, and Max posted on thing in the QT that made no sense and wouldn't reply. PEG and Max have both had a very very cushy ride, Just. Like. You.

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Porochaz »

crywolf20084 wrote:So you did it by yourself. Not much different from what Dahill and I did. I came up with a slogan and created one of the pictures. I had a migrane. PEG's internet is on the fritz, and Max posted on thing in the QT that made no sense and wouldn't reply. PEG and Max have both had a very very cushy ride, Just. Like. You.
Hmmm the week I was away I had no internet and my flatmate stole my computer, I dont think you can call that "cushy", every single other week, including my uni exam week I have taken this game seriously and have tried my hardest to do well. Which I think is MORE than most others here.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by JDodge »

Porochaz wrote:Oh never mind. Cayke obviously has absolutely no idea what she is talking about. Based on previous experience I found Max to be decent. The others I dont know however I did find pickem to be fairly quiet and useless during at least one of the other tasks. As for this task, I did it
all
myself. Wait thats not entirely true. JDodge didnt like the podium in the video so I took it out. The event planning was done entirely by me, the photos were done entirely by me.

JDodge made a reply early on, when I suggested the event stating a lot of what he didnt like but not really offering anything else. + made a reply about 40 minutes before I sent in what I did. Suggesting that we use "cute animals" instead. I was out in RL that night so when I came back and found nothing there to use I went with what was mostly my original idea and built the event off of that.

When I say JDodge and + did nothing during this task I really do mean nothing. Its also not like I didnt try, the quicktopic was made early on and I suggested my idea in the first post. I also sent out a reminder that I needed help early Friday morning when the quicktopic only had 2 posts by me and 1 by JDodge.

I dont know what the other 4 did, so I cant choose anyone out of them however my two "team"mates. 1 complained how I didnt do anything during the previous task, insisted that I be Project Manager, then did a miniscule amount. The other didnt turn up, up until after the deadline, posted some pictures about cute animals and suggest that the litost theme was crap and we should go with this instead. The members of my team were a joke and I would be happy with either of them going. If I had to choose between the two based on his previous performance I would save +. JDodge was definetly around, he complained so much at the beginning of the task about me not being around and then failed to give me any support during the task. I think JDodge should go.
A few things firsthand. I woke up Wednesday morning to news that my closest friend had been admitted to the hospital with a collapsed lung, which through some complications I don't quite understand has lead to his other lung collapsing and him ending up in the ICU. I really think my disappearance is excusable.

Secondly, I feel that Porochaz did do all the work - However, I feel that he shut both myself and + out of the creative process, which is just simply bad leadership skills on his part. I feel he has continually shown a lack of commitment and an overall lack of teamwork. Furthermore, his saying that I should be fired is ludicrous and solely based on a need for revenge after I called him out during the project manager selection and he had to resort to personal attacks on my character.
JDodge, who do you think should be fired out of the entire 7 remaining for this task? Who of the entire 7 has done the least during this process as a whole?
This is difficult for me to answer, but I'd have to say Max's contributions as a whole have been overall the worst throughout the process, which is definitely a reason for him to be fired. While pickemgenius has been the least contributory, his contributions have been consistently on a much higher standard than Max's.
stream

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Porochaz »

JDodge wrote:
Porochaz wrote:Oh never mind. Cayke obviously has absolutely no idea what she is talking about. Based on previous experience I found Max to be decent. The others I dont know however I did find pickem to be fairly quiet and useless during at least one of the other tasks. As for this task, I did it
all

A few things firsthand. I woke up Wednesday morning to news that my closest friend had been admitted to the hospital with a collapsed lung, which through some complications I don't quite understand has lead to his other lung collapsing and him ending up in the ICU. I really think my disappearance is excusable.
Excusable yes. I understand that that would cause you to be away however you posted frequently on Wednesday and Thursday. It would have been nice at least of a notification that you wouldnt be able to help.
Secondly, I feel that Porochaz did do all the work - However, I feel that he shut both myself and + out of the creative process, which is just simply bad leadership skills on his part. I feel he has continually shown a lack of commitment and an overall lack of teamwork.
Prozac-quicktopic wrote: Anyway ita an idea to start us off. I mean we would need more than that, but to begin the event like that might be interesting? Thoughts and any other ideas?
I initially gave my idea then asked for other opinions. You didnt like some of ideas. However you failed to make ideas of your own. You also say that I shut you out, with no backing that up. I gave an idea, I didnt say thats the idea we were going with, I left the door open
the entirety of the task
for you to come up with something different and give your own ideas. You failed to. And lets face it anyway, even if I did your not submissive enough to go without a fight unless you were wanting us to fail the task and I was leading the team down a black hole.
Furthermore, his saying that I should be fired is ludicrous and solely based on a need for revenge after I called him out during the project manager selection and he had to resort to personal attacks on my character.
Who do you think I should have said. People who I havent been in a team with? Or Max, who did well in the tasks I was with him in, or PEG, who stated he was V/LA? or Eteo, by the way I also said he should go, who despite doing nothing this task has done heaps beforehand. No I went for the one who before I knew of your situation this week, who pushed so hard for me to become PM partially due to my lack of participation yet failed to do so himself. I judged you and + the same for not doing anything in the task.

I judged you more for not actually turning up for the task, after "calling me out during the project manager selection" for the exact same thing. The excuse of your friend having a collapsed lung is a fair one, and Id be a lot more tactful if you had posted a one liner just saying "Im V/LA" in the QT or main thread amongst the times you posted in the Dr Jdodge thread.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Porochaz wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:So you did it by yourself. Not much different from what Dahill and I did. I came up with a slogan and created one of the pictures. I had a migrane. PEG's internet is on the fritz, and Max posted on thing in the QT that made no sense and wouldn't reply. PEG and Max have both had a very very cushy ride, Just. Like. You.
Hmmm the week I was away I had no internet and my flatmate stole my computer, I dont think you can call that "cushy", every single other week, including my uni exam week I have taken this game seriously and have tried my hardest to do well. Which I think is MORE than most others here.
And every other task i've worked with you on, you have done not much.

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Which task did I work with you on.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by JDodge »

Prozac wrote:Who do you think I should have said. People who I havent been in a team with? Or Max, who did well in the tasks I was with him in, or PEG, who stated he was V/LA? or Eteo, by the way I also said he should go, who despite doing nothing this task has done heaps beforehand. No I went for the one who before I knew of your situation this week, who pushed so hard for me to become PM partially due to my lack of participation yet failed to do so himself. I judged you and + the same for not doing anything in the task.

I judged you more for not actually turning up for the task, after "calling me out during the project manager selection" for the exact same thing. The excuse of your friend having a collapsed lung is a fair one, and Id be a lot more tactful if you had posted a one liner just saying "Im V/LA" in the QT or main thread amongst the times you posted in the Dr Jdodge thread.
"Eteo has done heaps beforehand".

And I haven't? I suppose I just lucked out with the 2-0 PM record (by the way, I am the only person who has kind of record) and being only one of 2 project managers to win a task for Eagle Eye. By the way, that other task where Eagle Eye won - I found half of the pictures by myself within a couple hours. Jesus, I'm really lazy. Let's look at a few more of my contributions.

- I found the initial version of the Virgo logo.
- I helped advertise Virgo during task 2, securing votes from contacts while + mass-mailed.
- Coordinated the lemonade sales task submission while reaching a high sales total myself and ensuring that all our team members reached the highest sales total possible.
- Pushed for SensFan to get fired, his ego was ruining the team dynamic.
- Coordinated our efforts during the tower task when KMD just signed on to say "I'm going to bed" and then left the rest to us. Searched a couple thousand cards myself while sick.
- Secured the superior product name in the advertising task.
- Nearly won the chess match against dahill before I made an unfortunate error.

And yeah, I have been around. I just haven't been able to concentrate on anything. Damn me for trying to enjoy myself a bit despite the circumstances while avoiding things that are stressing, which I could tell dealing with you would be.
stream

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:56 pm

Post by Porochaz »

JDodge wrote: "Eteo has done heaps beforehand".

- I found the initial version of the Virgo logo.
- I helped advertise Virgo during task 2, securing votes from contacts while + mass-mailed.
- Coordinated the lemonade sales task submission while reaching a high sales total myself and ensuring that all our team members reached the highest sales total possible.
Very good early record... shame I didnt see any of thisd during the current task.
- Pushed for SensFan to get fired, his ego was ruining the team dynamic.
Was that the whole teams consensus? I don't think this can really be used for why you should stay.
- Coordinated our efforts during the tower task when KMD just signed on to say "I'm going to bed" and then left the rest to us. Searched a couple thousand cards myself while sick.
Which you lost. Why did you lose? Eteo was the greatest help with this task for our team.
- Secured the superior product name in the advertising task.
On a game of duel, on a question I didnt know. Well done, you knew something I didn't. But lets look further into that task. I made something which was, granted, shit. However you failed to submit anything. So well done, you really used that to your full advantage.
- Nearly won the chess match against dahill before I made an unfortunate error.
But wait... you lost! So really this is null as well.
And yeah, I have been around. I just haven't been able to concentrate on anything. Damn me for trying to enjoy myself a bit despite the circumstances while avoiding things that are stressing, which I could tell dealing with you would be.
Ok, however I'm not a jerk. Let me just time this statement, your online, you come into thread and you type, "Apologies, I will be V/LA this week due to a personal problem". That took me 15 seconds. If you had typed that in thread I wouldnt of had a problem, I wouldnt be thinking "What a hypocrite, he's made such a song and dance that I havent done enough, then he does absolutely nothing this task."

Im going to stop, if what your saying is the truth then it's shit that Im giving you a hard time based on missing a part of the game. Especially since it's the situation I was put in last week and although I did state in thread I was going to be away, it now means you can't really legitimately complain that I wasn't there due to circumstances outwith my control.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:15 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

I'm gonna even help out JD's cause:
JD wrote the iMacro for us to search through a thousand cards at a time, shared it with me so we could move faster. May I note that we searched beyond our given areas, which ummm JD ASSIGNED cuz Kmd just LEFT.

Wow so i looked back and we were never on a team together. Weird. Maybe I was just listening to the horror stories that JD kept telling me about you.

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:51 am

Post by Porochaz »

crywolf20084 wrote:I'm gonna even help out JD's cause:
JD wrote the iMacro for us to search through a thousand cards at a time, shared it with me so we could move faster. May I note that we searched beyond our given areas, which ummm JD ASSIGNED cuz Kmd just LEFT.

Wow so i looked back and we were never on a team together. Weird. Maybe I was just listening to the horror stories that JD kept telling me about you.
Well Im glad you intergected here cayke because my initial point still stands that you failed that task in the first paragraph and the "horror" stories of the two tasks we've been in... right... the one where I wasn't around due to circumstances outwith my control and then this task when JDodge wasnt around due to circumstances apparently outwith his control. Wow you have got some horror stories there cayke, well done for bringing them up[/sarcasm]. Next time you want to get involved in something maybe you should actually know what your talking about before butting in.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:03 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Everything you do seems to have an excuse.

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Porochaz »

Wow, good retort.
Eteocles
Eteocles
Goon
Eteocles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Eteocles »

+, was Porochaz a good Project Manager? Who would be better to work with: Porochaz or JDodge?

Poro was alright, I suppose. He did do the whole event on his own, which shows dedication to the task. PM isn't the best way to contact me though, so he should have IMed me about the challenge. Also, I really think he should have listened to our suggestions, as late as they came. There is no event organizer in the world who would just take the litost theme and run with it. It would be foolish for them to not tell their client that their theme absolutely sucks, as it could damage both of their public-images.

That being said though, I think both Poro and Jdodge have been some of the best teammates though, and I don't think anyone on this team should be fired. If I did have to choose to work with one of them though, I'd probably pick Jdodge since we're in the same time zone and in more frequent contact with each other.
AddyMuyo: lesbians love their dogs
lordgurgi: I'm more of a cat guy.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

dahill1
, it's unfortunate that outside circumstances have to impede your progress in this game, but in this case, you were Project Manager on a losing task and completely forgot the event portion.
YOU'RE FIRED!

Return to “Social Game Archive”