Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Seraphim and X claiming Soloist vigilantes looks good for both of them, in as much as if one were scum the other would have been very likely to have killed his neighbor already to get access to the vig. shot.

Now, they could be scum together and gambiting, but that would mean 4-man scum teams, and it's still quite a risk, since if one goes down the other is instantly exposed.

So, I think people ought to lay off Sera. at least for the moment.

Darkdude I'm still mulling. He's been useless by his own admission and seems actively reluctant to try harder. That doesn't look too good. Now he seems to be essentially throwing in the towel. Question is whether that's the kind of thing he'd do as scum vs. town, which I don't really know. I'm going to try and read a little more and then I'll either vote him or make a serious case against someone else.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by populartajo »

im back reading all I missed.

post tomorrow
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:39 am

Post by ekiM »

Seraphim wrote:And, haha. I just caught you. I can see through your bullshit and see your true intention. You're trying to out my partner. Why? Because you're scum?
No, I was not trying to out your partner.

Still waiting to hear what specifically about my play you feel accords with my scum meta. It's almost like you don't actually have anything there so you're repeatedly dodging the question.
Seraphim wrote:I have a gun, alright? I just can't use it yet. If Caboose is a gunsmith(which is still possible), then I will come up guilty. This is the sole reason I wanted to know who he was targeting. I suppose I didn't need to know who he was targeting and should've simply made the statement.
This is *headdesk* on several levels.
Caboose wrote:There also wasn't a "multitasker" ability.
Yes there was.
Charter wrote:Also, MILLERS DON'T CARRY GUNS.
In this game millers will appear to have a gun when investigated by a gunsmith.
Seraphim wrote:You are the people who keep wanting to lynch me. I've been trying to a play a goddamn pro-town game, I've been trying to scum hunt and almost immediately I fall under scrutiny. Every fucking day there has been a group of players calling for my lynch.

And you expect me to play perfectly? What sort of fucking expectation is that? I'm trying to save my ass and expect me to play perfectly?

If it didn't not play to my win condition and darkdude wasn't such obvious gambiting scum, I would self-vote right now. Maybe once I'm dead, you'll listen to me.
*facepalm*
Caboose wrote:
ekiM wrote:Godfather flip heavily implies investigative role(s). Surprise!
Rolefish +scumpoints for ekiM
How is this rolefishing?
Seraphim wrote:Hmmm. If I get closer to lynch range, I'll pull out another reason keeping me alive might be a good idea.
This is why unprompted partial claims are bad, people.

I don't see how Seraphim and X can be of different alignments, or one of them would be dead by now. At least, I can't see the incentive for not having killed the other and gaining an extra kill for your faction on the DL. Possibly NK immunity, but that seems pretty marginal. So my working assumption is they're either town together or scum together. I'm finding it difficult to imagine Seraphim's play this game coming from a town player, but it would also be a big risk to be fakeclaiming here.
Unvote

Looking again at 473 I'm actually having trouble reconciling this with Russian-DD. The wagon was clearly unstoppable and if DD knew alvinz was Russian, it can't have been attractive to jump off at that point. His explanation in 526 is horrible but possible. Still wouldn't make him town for sure though. Argh.

People flying well under the radar today:

PopularTajo: Talked about neighborhoods, made a case on Howard
Howard: Made a case on Tajo. Has made 9 posts all game.
Mixologist: Hasn't posted since post 302, Saturday 23rd of May. That was Day one. What the fuck? Thread re-opened on Thursday 28th and he was posting in other threads until he dropped off the site at the start of June.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:47 am

Post by TDC »

Vote Count
darkdude (6): X, iamausername, charter, Seraphim, Caboose, SpyreX

Seraphim (2): Korts, tubby216
HowardRoark (1): populartajo
populartajo (1): HowardRoark

Not Voting (4): darkdude, Mixologist, Axelrod, ekiM

8 to lynch.

Vote Count fixed.

Prodding Mixologist* and HowardRoark

*He PMed me during the night, I accepted that as picking up his prod from D1, because obviously, he couldn't reply to it in-thread at the time.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by charter »

Paraphrase of your nighttalk Seraphim and X. The rules don't say anything about straight quoting it, but that may be an oversight, so don't do that and get yourselves modkilled.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

Caboose (562) wrote:
Korts wrote:There is a strong Howard/alvinz connection. alvinz' 414 post, other than being OMGUS, seems to damn Howard more than Caboose, but he votes Caboose and not Howard. Distancing probable.
I agree.
+scumpoints for Howard
That's hilarious.
ekiM (602) wrote:Mixologist: Hasn't posted since post 302, Saturday 23rd of May. That was Day one. What the fuck? Thread re-opened on Thursday 28th and he was posting in other threads until he dropped off the site at the start of June.
QFT.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by SpyreX »

eK is tech.

Darkdude today, then down that list. Howard, Mix, Tajo.

I do like how I forgot Howard was in the game but like beetlejuice THERE HE IS.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Korts »

Seraphim, re: ekiM suspicion wrote:I did somewhat hint at them. Mostly, it's just a meta read after watching you play two games as scum as your mod. You seem to be playing similarly here.
Do you have similar knowledge of ekiM's play as town, or are you just basing this on his scum play?
ekiM wrote:I don't get it. Were you intentionally trying to be ambiguous? Then why did you say 'partner' yesterday and 'neighbors' today, instead of picking something actually ambiguous and sticking with it? Are you sure you're in a neighborhood?
Ugh. I don't like the continued grilling regarding this particular point. Seraphim's initial slip was a nulltell at worst, and his defense, insofar as any is needed, is plausible. SpyreX backing you up is misguided at best.

I agree with people saying Seraphimtown shouldn't be so interested in Caboose's next investigation target.

darkdude is still not-so-active lurking. I find tubbyposting lacking as well, he attacks only Seraphim's insistence that he not be forced to fullclaim.
X wrote:Just noticed that Korts singled out Seraphim for jumping on Mufasa, when he didn't do it to charter. Odd.
Well, to be fair, I remember telling charter to quit pushing a likely town wagon; but I'm pretty familiar with charter's play, and this is not uncharacteristic of him.
tubby216 wrote:does that last exchange seem weird to anyone else? please review posts 585 through 590,,
Ugh. Please do your own scumhunting.

vote: darkdude

I have a solid town read for various reasons on five players. My scumlist right now is: darkdude, HowardRoark, Axelrod-ish ekiM-ish.
scumchat never die
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:17 am

Post by Seraphim »

I won't push who Caboose is investigating anymore. That was a mistake that stemmed from my being unsure of whether or not Caboose was a cop or a gunsmith.

Korts: I am basing this sneaking suspicion of his play as scum. I have not had the opportunity to see his town play which is why I'm not voting for him unless I find something more concrete.

Also, what do you think of Tajo?

charter: I'll get working on that paraphrasing.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Korts »

Seraphim, this is what I think of tajo: I'm aware he's had a recent history of lagging behind with his games, so I'm not as quick to judge him as others seem to be; but we need posting from him as well, and if his current performance looks to him like it's going to be long term, I encourage him to replace out sooner than later.
scumchat never die
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:11 am

Post by populartajo »

Korts is right. Im gradually coming back to my games, giving preference to the ones where I have missed +20 pages and such.

I havent read all I missed yet but darkdude is at L-1. I think a claim is in order.

Can someone point me to the case against him?

Also, why is HowardRock not dead yet? Am I the only one seeing the Howard-Alvinz forced connection?
Call me Tajo.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:24 am

Post by tubby216 »

^yes your overactive paranoia is acting up agian tajo, I see howard as pretty town for now.

i still don't like serphim and x, but mostly its based off of my experience from 703 where the scum group had the collective ability to manufacture guns.

more to follow later
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:52 am

Post by populartajo »

why is howard prob town?
Call me Tajo.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Seraphim »

Tajo, Darkdude has already claimed Vanilla.

The case boils to:
1. Darkdude hasn't scumhunted at all.
2. What he has done is defended two confirmed Russian scum.
3. He made a really, really post a couple pages back where he admitted he defended Alvinz to make himself look more town...
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Axelrod »

Well, I reviewed Darkdude and he's quite literally said nothing this entire game that gives me a "town" feeling. Not every post is screaming "SCUM" either, but this far into a game, I'd expect
something
to come across as genuine - even bad players who are scum will occasionally say townie-sounding things. But I got nothing. The most I can say for him is that some of his posts raise big WIFOM banners - i.e., would he
really
say that if he was scum....

So, I'm pretty much ready to drop the hammer, but (1) we have a missing player, and (2) I'm not sure if everyone who might want to say something has said their piece yet.

Of everyone else, I like the lurkiest people the least - which is HowardRoark and populartajo. If there's a scum who isn't one of these people (or the absent Mixologist) then I think that person is playing pretty well right now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:39 am

Post by charter »

I think Howard is probably scum with Alvinz, but we can leave him for tomorrow.

That paraphrase Seraphim/X. Don't forget it. Also, both of you need to do it, in your own words. I don't want a hammer before this. I really don't care if Mixologist posts or not, there's really little room for him to be scum in this game.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by SpyreX »

^ I agree with this(these) sentiment(s)
Show

Proud member of BaM
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:26 am

Post by tubby216 »

ok after more thought the whole seraphim x thing has me a lil worried.

when i played this game in its miniform thr scum group had the collective ability of gun inventing. wich meant they had to make the gun so that it could be use the next nite.

with that said it makes sense as to why the was only one shot nite 0. the other groups had to make their guns first, then they were able to use them nite 1 and nite 2, so for seraphim to say he has a gun and x to know about it because of their ability makes me worried just a tad bit.

I also agree that dark dude has been completely worthless. and should prolly get a lynch for it.

i see spyrex and howard as town based off of previous games and meta

korts keeps goin back and forth for me so that means korts is prolly town but i may be wrong

charter i haven't really been able to grasp and honestly i forget he is in this game at times

ekim where the hell are you i had a town read on you but the you dissapeared

Iamusername- yah no clue

tajo- is on the fence for me right now hasn't done anythingscummy but not too town either

caboose- is town

axelrod- more on my susp[icious list for right now

mixologist, needs shot or replaced

but yah thats what i got so far
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:56 am

Post by populartajo »

Blerg, this game shouldnt be too hard. We have 4 scum dead already, some prob townies and tons of interactions.

Give me some time and Ill come up with some conclusions tonight.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:57 am

Post by populartajo »

Tubby, please explain clearly why HowardRock is town.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:58 am

Post by populartajo »

Axelrod wrote:
Of everyone else, I like the lurkiest people the least - which is HowardRoark and populartajo.
Except I wasnt lurking. I was busy.
What do you think of HR?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:21 am

Post by populartajo »

Ive seen alvinz scum once. He was lynched early for a silly mistake. The important thing here is that he is the kind of scum that doesnt ignore his scumpartners.
alvinz wrote:Ha, I found the pot of gold. Despite my claim that Caboose was town because I thought he was joking, Caboose is still lingering on lynching me with little basis except that I'm not posting which is what I do in all my games... But now I see HowardRoark following Caboose's vote. It seems this is all under the plan to pick on the non-contributor which is what I do in all games and everyone knows. Caboose most likely did this to deflect attention off OozingGolfBall. Now HowardRoark follow and HowardRoark did not vote OGB either.

Scum = Caboose, HowardRoark.

Vote: Caboose
"Vote:town, FOS:scumpartner" scumtell.
alvinz wrote:HowardRoark, you just majorly screwed yourself over by saying that I was BUDDYING WITH YOU. Good job winning dammit
This last quote smells wrong in so many directions.

I dont find any reason why this guy should be alive. Anyone?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:11 am

Post by populartajo »

Axelrod wrote:Well, I reviewed Darkdude and he's quite literally said nothing this entire game that gives me a "town" feeling. Not every post is screaming "SCUM" either, but this far into a game, I'd expect
something
to come across as genuine - even bad players who are scum will occasionally say townie-sounding things. But I got nothing. The most I can say for him is that some of his posts raise big WIFOM banners - i.e., would he
really
say that if he was scum....
This is pretty much what I thought when I reread darkdude this morning. I agree that lynching him today is one of the good plays for today but rushing the day when we have already some decent information in the thread doesnt make me feel good. I just have this feeling that we can win this one today.
Call me Tajo.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:51 am

Post by TDC »

Lowell replaces Mixologist.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:46 am

Post by SpyreX »

I would also like convincing (i.e. not-meta) reasons to think Howard is town. Because I'm not seeing them.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”