Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:52 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Btw, I think those that don't believe Naomi's claim should be voting her but that we should vig
before
we lynch.

I don't like how Nyx didn't answer about being compliant to town wishes for the day vig... Had I gotten the shotgun I would of been sorely tempted to just shoot Naomi but I would of waited and let the town direct my shot.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:16 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Why are we voting in blue?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:17 am

Well blue votes is for the dayvig and regular bold is for lynching. ;)
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Nyx
Nyx
Goon
Nyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Nyx »

Lamont_Cranston wrote: I don't like how Nyx didn't answer about being compliant to town wishes for the day vig... Had I gotten the shotgun I would of been sorely tempted to just shoot Naomi but I would of waited and let the town direct my shot.
Nyx wrote: But I do agree with you that we should vote on this 1 shot vig opportunity.
From post 1153

I don't like how Lamont is again trying to make people look bad without reading fucking posts.
[i]"I know nothing, I didn't see anything, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep. "[/i]
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Setael »

Questions for Lamont:

Was your post restriction (only being able to vote and say ARGH) given to you by the mod or did you fabricate that?

Depending on the answer, I have a lot more questions.

@Everyone who is voting to vig Naomi - do you not believe Amished when he says he has protected her for today and a vig of her would not work?

As bad as Naomi's claim was, there is a chance it was due to her being a newbie rather than being scum. I am still undecided about her. She certainly needs to be posting more.

@Naomi: Who did you investigate last night and what was the result? Also, why are you in this game if you have not completed a newbie game?

Frankly, if this really is her very first game ever, I think she should be replaced rather than vigged or lynched. If she really is Trilby and just screwed up her claim due to newbishness, it is quite unfair for the town.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

If she really is Trilby and just screwed up her claim due to newbishness, it is quite unfair for the town.
Yes, and your point is? I deliberately accepted players with less than normal experience into this game, for reasons that anyone familiar with the theme will understand.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:48 am

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Nyx wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Nyx wrote:
Amished wrote: @Nyx/Lamont: If Naomi is the overall choice to be dayvigged, I ask that you allow me to post before actually going through with it for this day phase.
I never suggested to use the 1 shot day vig on Naomi. I don't find her scummy. Even though it mentioned I got the shotgun I didn't get a PM or anything about it.
Ok but you understand that the village needs to direct where the shotgun blast goes today correct?
Of course. It's basically an extra lynch but without the night phase.
Ok, so if the village decides to vig Naomi then you're going ot go along with that right?
(I'm just documenting the fact that Nyx just browsed this forum and did not answer the above question)
Ball's in your court Nyx...
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:51 am

Setael wrote:Questions for Lamont:

Was your post restriction (only being able to vote and say ARGH) given to you by the mod or did you fabricate that?
100% fabricated.

Depending on the answer, I have a lot more questions.

@Everyone who is voting to vig Naomi - do you not believe Amished when he says he has protected her for today and a vig of her would not work?
For the record I believe him although he is so suspicious for so many reasons...

As bad as Naomi's claim was, there is a chance it was due to her being a newbie rather than being scum. I am still undecided about her. She certainly needs to be posting more.

@Naomi: Who did you investigate last night and what was the result? Also, why are you in this game if you have not completed a newbie game?

Frankly, if this really is her very first game ever, I think she should be replaced rather than vigged or lynched. If she really is Trilby and just screwed up her claim due to newbishness, it is quite unfair for the town.
I don't think a person can be newbie enough to not be able to read a role PM -- however
scum trying to FABRICATE a role claim would
very easily
mess it up.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Amished wrote:@Steph: One problem with your theory on how to win the game.
Amished in ISO 115 wrote:I was also alerted to the fact that eventually the town will start to go insane, so to speak. To prevent the reality shift into probably a more "bastardized" version of the game probably favoring the evil faction more, I will need to give up some of my protections.
I will not be able to protect as many people as I can now throughout the whole course of the game due to the reality shift that's coming. There will also pretty much always be "confirmed" innocents that I will not be able to protect, especially as the game goes farther on (because of me choosing to prevent a reality shift). Obviously I can't protect the whole town otherwise the scum would damn near never get a kill, but I can protect part of it.

I do not *have* to give up some of my protections, and I have 48 hours in real-time to PM KoC to give up said protections. I *can* choose to ignore the warning or whatever and keep all the protections that I have now. However, with what I remember of the only game with the reality shift in it (the hotel one) it will get bad. In the game, if you stopped moving for too long, the welder just came straight out and killed you, ending the game (probably like a dayvig for scum in mafia terms). Clearly that's not beneficial to the town at all, so I will be giving up some of my power later on unless there's an amazing reason not to do so (which I'm not seeing right now).
I'm still not sure if I completely follow. Can you let us know if:

a) there's more to your role that you don't think it's safe to talk about in mixed company;
b) your role (and things mentioned in it like the reality shifts, etc.) are ambiguous and you're just thinking we'll need to play conservatively;
and/or c) something else?

I do believe your roleclaim, and am not trying to poke holes in it; I'm just still trying to determine if there's some kind of strategy we can use, and wondering if you know that the reality shift would in fact put protected players at risk along with anyone else.

You can ignore any of this that you think would be anti-town to address, and I won't bring it up again...I'm just trying to understand what you did post as best I can.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:18 am

Rockatansky replaces NuevaVida, effective immediately.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Welcome, Rock.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:33 am

Vote Count

Naomi_Saotome: 3 (Lamont_Cranston, Pyromaniac, Pablo Molinero)
Lamont_Cranston: 1 (Naomi_Saotome)

Nyx
Nyx
Goon
Nyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Nyx »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Nyx wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Nyx wrote:
Amished wrote: @Nyx/Lamont: If Naomi is the overall choice to be dayvigged, I ask that you allow me to post before actually going through with it for this day phase.
I never suggested to use the 1 shot day vig on Naomi. I don't find her scummy. Even though it mentioned I got the shotgun I didn't get a PM or anything about it.
Ok but you understand that the village needs to direct where the shotgun blast goes today correct?
Ok, so if the village decides to vig Naomi then you're going ot go along with that right?
(I'm just documenting the fact that Nyx just browsed this forum and did not answer the above question)
I already said I would vig the person who has the most votes. What do you want to hear more ? You're pushing something I already agreed on. How ironic you were doing the same with Steph.
But would you ? Would you let yourself get killed if you got the most votes ?
[i]"I know nothing, I didn't see anything, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep. "[/i]
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Rockatansky »

I'm here and have started reading

Have there been any roleclaims?
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Devestation »

I'm finding myself to get very, very lost in this game.

I will have to go back and re-read ASAP.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by populartajo »

im back

i will reread everything i missed and post tomorrow
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Nyx wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Nyx wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Nyx wrote:
I already said I would vig the person who has the most votes. What do you want to hear more ? You're pushing something I already agreed on. How ironic you were doing the same with Steph.
But would you ? Would you let yourself get killed if you got the most votes ?
I will be giving you the shotgun shell today Nix. Thank you for responding.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:49 pm

Rockatansky wrote:I'm here and have started reading

Have there been any roleclaims?
There has been one false claim as Trilby (NAOMI) and one half-claim (AMISHED) which seems to be true in part but sounds suspiciously made-up in part as well.
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:47 am

Post by Devestation »

I completely missed everything to do with the Amish claim... now I KNOW I have to re-read the topic >_<
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Amished »

@Lamont: Yes, I forgot. How often are you a doc, and have the only person to claim D1 be NK-immune? If you really want to test it, go ahead and shoot her if the combo really is a dayvig item (which I believe it to be). I'm saying that it won't work (but if you really want to lynch a claimed Trilby when I can protect a CC, go right ahead.)

Also, since your "argh" was fabricated, what did you expect to accomplish by not contributing to discussion at deadline nor being "able" to comment on roleclaims that would come out at the time? Certainly nobody pro-town would claim to have "saved" you, nobody scum would've unless it was real and they did. The only possible outcome was that a scumbuddy said they healed you "clearing" both of you. This was singularly unhelpful in one of the most important times of the game so far.

@Steph: There's really not much more to my role. I'm obviously hiding the number of protections I have (though it's clearly at least two if you try to day-vig naomi and it doesn't work, and hohum got a day added onto his life). I'm multi-protection until the reality shift.

The only time the reality shift was brought up was in relation to me giving up protections later on in the game. All my PM said was that I can give up (certain number) of my protections to prevent a reality shift, and that it'll be pretty obvious because of the narration that will occur (I'm assuming something much like the item posts, but a bit more in depth).

@Lamont: What of my claim do you not believe?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:06 am

Amished wrote:@Lamont: Yes, I forgot. How often are you a doc, and have the only person to claim D1 be NK-immune? If you really want to test it, go ahead and shoot her if the combo really is a dayvig item (which I believe it to be). I'm saying that it won't work (but if you really want to lynch a claimed Trilby when I can protect a CC, go right ahead.)

Also, since your "argh" was fabricated, what did you expect to accomplish by not contributing to discussion at deadline nor being "able" to comment on roleclaims that would come out at the time? Certainly nobody pro-town would claim to have "saved" you, nobody scum would've unless it was real and they did. The only possible outcome was that a scumbuddy said they healed you "clearing" both of you. This was singularly unhelpful in one of the most important times of the game so far.

@Steph: There's really not much more to my role. I'm obviously hiding the number of protections I have (though it's clearly at least two if you try to day-vig naomi and it doesn't work, and hohum got a day added onto his life). I'm multi-protection until the reality shift.

The only time the reality shift was brought up was in relation to me giving up protections later on in the game. All my PM said was that I can give up (certain number) of my protections to prevent a reality shift, and that it'll be pretty obvious because of the narration that will occur (I'm assuming something much like the item posts, but a bit more in depth).

@Lamont: What of my claim do you not believe?
1) Regarding the flavor of your role, can you please disclose why you haven't given any? I think there may be a direct link to this and why there has been no CC.

2) Sorry, I had to make sure I lived to carry the shell safely into the day.

3) You did some "oops I forgot, let me add this" just as Naomi did. I will have to look it up.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Amished »

@Lamont: ISO 115 of me:
Amished wrote:I'm Jonathon Somerset AKA the Gatekeeper. Along with Trilby, I'm one of the main guiding factors throughout the games. In the game, I'm more a prisoner of fate, having delivered myself a weapon to commit suicide so that I could basically become a ghost and travel through time to make sure that everything happened the way it was necessary so that Chzo didn't come to our world. This basically means that in the game, I arranged for a Trilby clone (debatable on whether it was the real one or not) to be taken by Chzo to save the rest of the world by keeping the God of Pain (Chzo) in the spiritual world (what happened in the last game).
That was in response to Pyro's initial question of my flavor in 1096 (page 44, near the bottom). I've told you what game my name comes from (the one in space), and about some of the circumstances that make my character powerful and why that lines up with what I have in this game.

The only thing I didn't disclose (at first) was the part about the reality shift.

At that point, I assumed that the scum would know of it (the reality shift), and would therefore be even more likely to use all of their powers to kill me. As I'm still alive (and with hohum's life being extended) I know that they did not roleblock me. If they had a roleblocker, why wouldn't they block me at all even if they did want to frame me and not just NK me in the first place too? Even if the roleblocker couldn't roleblock and kill, anybody left with them would be able to kill. Unless they have a jailkeeper type role so they couldn't kill me. Having a known doc (and they'd assume that I'm multi-protection as I would have no reason to lie) left unroleblocked can be a major problem for them.

They wouldn't no kill this early in the game, and if there were no NK's, I could be damn sure that at least one of my protections was absolutely cleared in the case of 1 killing faction or that I'd have 1.5 cleared people (as I wouldn't be able to rule out a vig, as much as a 2nd scum group would make more sense). Hell, I can't even be sure that there's not an SK that tried to target me to make a 3rd killing faction. All of that would be revealed N2 as the likelyhood of multiple successive multiple protections is really damn low.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:11 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

How the heck is Ami's claim not believable?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

So where's Naomi?
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”