Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Porkens »

Even with meta being weak, it's too balsy to calim vig for an sk day 2 to be worth it imo.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:08 am

Post by Elmo »

The speed of this Adel wagon scares me. Considering yesterday, could we get 'em away from L-1?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:09 am

Post by Vi »

Elmo 726 wrote:The speed of this Adel wagon scares me. Considering yesterday, could we get 'em away from L-1?
Adel isn't at L-1.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Vi wrote:
Elmo 726 wrote:The speed of this Adel wagon scares me. Considering yesterday, could we get 'em away from L-1?
Adel isn't at L-1.
I jumped off, it should be L-2 right now.

I yield to your point about what is considered to be
normal
Adel.

I give the probability of a Spyrex gambit to be very low. I have to make too many assumptions, however, yes Vi, Spyrex dropping the "I'm only 1-shot" both complicates the issue (where did that kill come from if not Spyrex, and would he have had an extra as scum), and also makes Spyrex
less
believable because, to paraphrase his words, "He's a Walnut, very tough to crack", which makes him crumbling to Adel and giving up this 1-shot information (that should have gone to his death) not very believable to me.

I don't trust Porkens much at this point either. He tried to get an L-1 within 16 minutes of my unvote, did the "oops did I hammer?" in a similiar manner yesterday, admitted to only skimming before placing his vote today,
and
this weird Ecto/Porkens pairing is coming from
somewhere
. My initial reaction was to protect
both
of us, assuming that scum was trying a false pairing between 2 town members. You people play meta a lot though, and it makes me now wonder if I don't have one that scum is deciding to F%$* with. I can't let it hamper my movements though.
Porkens moves yesterday
and
today surrounding the end day have my "Ahah! Scum!" going off big time. Spyrex can wait regardless of how much we twist possibilities to meet our idea of what might be happening. Adel I wouldn't mind lynching, but if the SpyrexScum ideas (even if remote) are real, I'm hesitant to lynch there either. With only a roleblocker and a (claimed) 1-shot Vig to date, there may yet be a way to cut through that knot.

vote Porkens

P.S. - I actually did notice last night that I was pairing Adel/Spyrex for lynch. Porkens jumped right on top of that. At the time, I was playing out rope, but I'm having difficulty with the question myself (which makes Porkens no less scum btw).
Is there a possibility of Spyrex and Adel to both be town? With missing information, my answer can only get to "probably". I'm interested in hearing from someone who has a more definitive answer, and since Porkens was going for the QL yet again, I'd like that question to be addressed by him for certain.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Elmo »

Claiming vig only really makes sense if he's one-shot. It's not bad play, since it close-to-confirms him; more info earlier is nice. I'm not convinced waiting until later nights would be better, actually, although I haven't worked it out. If he's a SK, then he can't ever kill again, and it paints a big target on him. So I don't see any good reason to suspect him, right now.

Adel, what are you doing? I mean this neutrally.

Vi: I don't suspect you, but I make it a habit to seek out why people don't agree with me. I feel it's important to try and work out when I'm wrong. My phrasing at Herod was partially to get a rise from him, see if he was actually willing to push it; I did think you were townish, though, see the colour-coding.

Both Spring and Zorblag seem to have dropped off the radar with this Adel/Porkens business.
> >

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:13 am

Post by springlullaby »

Vi wrote:
s-lullaby 673 wrote:I don't follow. You have justified your vote on Adel today on the ground that she hadn't 'delivered' as a proof of scuminess. Yet your meta was that she did 'deliver' as both town and scum.
At risk of sounding patronizing, it was also in a timely manner. In the other game I saw Adel offer a questionnaire, the results were compiled and fully explained D1, and while a big show was made about how it was
so much work
to compile the answers, it was pretty easy to put together. (And pretty impressive, admittedly.)
Why are you avoiding the point again? Whether in a timely manner or not, if it happened while Adel was town and scum alike, you meta is invalid as an argument here.
s-lullaby 673 wrote:I did respond to other votes on me, did I not?
Ah... yes, you did. I was mistaken. (Those responses were the defensive flare-ups mentioned earlier.)
Let me decrypt you answer here:

Yes I was wrong, but I will append another sentence to turn this into a criticism of my questioner somehow.
s-lully 673 wrote:I mean coaching defined as trying to influence a buddy's play.
i.e. You commenting on Adel 'pulling strings' followed by 'I don't think it's necessary'.

The comment in itself kinda don't fit in your scenario of yourself trying to determine Adel's alignment between the lines. Giving hints as to how you think she should act kinda defeat the purpose of observation, no?
I'm not sure if you're hinting that I was trying to pass along a secret message or just misreading, but "I don't think it's necessary" was referring to my decision on whether I should move my vote.
Alright, I can accept this answer, it's simple enough.
s-lully 673 wrote:The point to the above being? I did pressure Artem a fair bit.
Mostly out of defense from Artem's accusation, and for a total of... two and a half posts, IIRC.
I did pressure Herodotus quite a bit (for what it's worth), and also Adel quite a bit (for what it's worth)... and you regarding your absence and immediate defensiveness, though you never responded (#24).
Nice selective quoting. So let me repeat it here, you made heaps upon heaps of comment on everything and anything in particular. What do you think of that? I'll answer myself now, I think it doesn't fit your town meta that I'm aware of.

And here again with the turning the table technique of reply, scummy if you ask me.

What did I never respond to?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:04 am

Post by springlullaby »

On spyrex:
- The mafia gambit suggestion is pretty out there imo, if Spyrex was maf claiming vig, then I'd expect SK/vig to have counterclaimed by now
- Could be a brilliant SK gambit who knows, but I would leave the matter in mafia's hands.
- Personally I think the whole thing pretty unlikely.

@Spyrex: do you plan on posting ever again? What is it with people being so susceptible.

On Adel:
I'm stunned by the last couple of pages more than anything else. The little analysis I have is that pushing scum role on claimed vig (in such a disproportionate way no less) is a maf thing, but Adel is doing such a good of 'townie caught in the headlight and starting to lose sense of proportions' impression, it makes me hesitates.

So yeah, here is a question for you Adel. Are you trying to make a statement of some sort with you play? Would by any chance the problematic motivating your moves in this game be something along the line of "reputation, a demonstration of its influence on people's judgment in mafia game"?

@Ectomancer: My suggestion was meant to toy with an Vi/Adel idea.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:06 am

Post by springlullaby »

Elmo wrote: Both Spring and Zorblag seem to have dropped off the radar with this Adel/Porkens business.
> >
Please do stop "snipping from the sidelines". It is ineffective and makes you look scummy if you are town.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:10 am

Post by springlullaby »

I've decided, I'm gonna vote Adel in 72 hours if nothing brilliant has come from her by that time which would convince me that I have been too stupid to see the rhyme to what she has been doing.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Adel »

I don't know what y'all expect from me. I've danced for you. My words committed to this day roughly equal the words typed by everyone else combined. I've asked a ton of questions, haven't gotten answers, and I'm still in danger of getting quickly lynched.

I'm at lynch -2, with two threatening to vote for me.

The shitty thing about SpryeX's claim, regardless of if I am right or if I am wrong, is that there is going to be a committed group of other players willing and motivated to attack me.

I'm currently voting for Vi. I am willing to vote for SpryeX or Porken or Ecto.

I lost two potential allies last night, but four out of the five players who voted for me are still alive.

wagon analysis:
Atrem (town) wagon: Hero,
SpryeX
, spring, Korts,
Porkens
(then I called bullshit, and destroyed the wagon)
Hero (town) wagon: Elmo, Tajo, Vi, Adel, Ecto,
SpryeX
Porkens
(then Hero called me confirmed town after he was hammered)
Adel (town wagon): Vi,
SpryeX
, Ecto,
Porkens

note that Porkens mentions SpryeX a lot, but SpryeX doesn't mention Porkens much.

Why isn't SpryeX suspicious of Porkens?

how about a deathmatch between Porkens and I?

One of us gets lynched, and everyone has to pick a wagon.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Adel »

springlullaby wrote: @Spyrex: do you plan on posting ever again? What is it with people being so susceptible.
do you think that appeal to emotion was legitimate? Storming off like that doesn't meet my expectation for townie behavior.
Are you trying to make a statement of some sort with you play? Would by any chance the problematic motivating your moves in this game be something along the line of "reputation, a demonstration of its influence on people's judgment in mafia game"?
no. I only play to win.
Elmo wrote:Adel, what are you doing? I mean this neutrally.
attempting to dodge a lynch. Yesterday ended long before I expected it A tarbaby defense. Scum attack me, and I lynch them.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Adel »

EBWOP:
Elmo wrote:Adel, what are you doing? I mean this neutrally.
attempting to dodge a lynch. Yesterday ended long before I expected it to, and now there are four players gunning for me. I'm pulling what I consider to be a tarbaby defense. Scum attack me, and I lynch them. Notice how SpryeX's claim began to break down under questioning, and then he "quit" -- read my posts and see if I actually posted anything that makes sense as a motivation for an actual townie posting:
So, if you are scum, like I think you are.. sure, that's part of self-preservation. However, regardless: get fucked. Saying that I am bad at the game or variations of "learn to read" is the quickest way to suck all the fun out of it.

Although, I'll give you this. I was lying about something. I'm only a 1-shot vidge. Thats why I'm not shooting tonight - or ever again. I was hoping to draw a kill and use my ability as best as I could. You can meta that too if you want. There's multiple references to it too in this game.

So, lynch one of us. I dont care. If you lynch me tomorrow when Adel goes "ohh gee my left-field theories that I used to try and push this lynch were wrong" you'll get lynched. 1-1 is fine.

The only reason I'm not replacing out is, well, I dont replace out. Maybe some time to cool my jets will help but as it sits I could care less right now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

Even a day away helps quite a bit. Expect two posts. This is just answering questions / comments (for the most part):
Ecto wrote: @Spyrex - wtf? There is no reason you should have let yourself be goaded into that. A lack of 2 NK's would have made me believe a lot more in the Vig claim (roleblocker is dead). At least you would possibly have gotten targeted for a kill, but now you just give up that you are essentially a VT after last night?
Two reasons:

1.) Pure irritation. Yea, its a game on the internet and all but any form of I am bad at the game gets under my skin. Sure I shouldn't have shown my hand so early but:

2.) I
was
afterall, lying. Its not hard to see after the way this went if another lynch went through that wasn't Adel or I that tomorrow when I was asked to kill I'd have to go "welp, nope sorry" and thus be an unnecessary suspicion at lylo.
Spring wrote:@Spyrex: do you plan on posting ever again? What is it with people being so susceptible.
(meta meta blah blah) You know firsthand how irritated I get at the hom' defense. But, a breather does do wonders.

and finally:
Adel wrote:as a one-shot vig, why would you use your kill the first night possible, instead of waiting until a later night when you would have a better shot of killing accurately?
Why did the Hero town-flip made you more confident that Atrem was scum?
I thought Artem was scum. I eliminated that from my set of suspicions allowing me to look at the game more openly instead of fighting with him AGAIN today. Further, it allowed me to try (and fail) to setup my own kill tonight as a VT protecting other power roles (which I have to assume exist because 1 shot vig + rb doth not a full townset make).

The only time I wouldn't shoot n1 if I had the ability to kill was if I had no scum reads. That wasn't the case. So I shot.

The hero town flip didn't make me more confident that Artem was scum. The important part was it eliminated the connection I saw between the two of you. Artem was independently scummy and I took my shot.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Adel »

I'm especially interested in getting an answer to this:
Adel wrote:
SpyreX wrote: Also, you'll notice I've never said both of you are scum. Thats because I find Porkens/Ecto the lowest probability scum pairing in the game. :P
why exactly are they the lowest probability pairing for you? I didn't really notice this earlier because it was similar to what I was thinking, but now I notice that you didn't explain how you reached this conclusion, and you've clearly disagreed with the process that I used to reach a similar conclusion (perhaps because you
knew
that I was wrong about why the mafia killed?)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Adel »

SpyreX wrote:
Adel wrote:as a one-shot vig, why would you use your kill the first night possible, instead of waiting until a later night when you would have a better shot of killing accurately?
Why did the Hero town-flip made you more confident that Atrem was scum?
I thought Artem was scum. I eliminated that from my set of suspicions allowing me to look at the game more openly instead of fighting with him AGAIN today. Further, it allowed me to try (and fail) to setup my own kill tonight as a VT protecting other power roles (which I have to assume exist because 1 shot vig + rb doth not a full townset make).

The only time I wouldn't shoot n1 if I had the ability to kill was if I had no scum reads. That wasn't the case. So I shot.
I legitimately think that killing N1 is almost always a bad idea, especially if you only have one shot... Scum reads based solely upon day 1 simply aren't accurate to rely upon, for anyone.

After the Hero flip, I walked out of day 1 thinking that Atrem was one of the most townie players. Why did you think he was scum? Why did you have enough confidence in him being scum that you decided to use your only bullet on him?

Why didn't you consider waiting for another night?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:41 am

Post by SpyreX »

Now, to the real matter at hand. I'm even going to bold this to make it clear:

If Adel and I are both town, we're probably going to lose.

I'm not letting this drop. Ever. Thus, if we are both alive we are going through this every day. I'd power vote in 3-man lylo after this bullshit.

So, I'm eliminating the other options. Today's lynch BETTER be one of us.

And, if its me, when I flip exactly what I said don't you dare let Adel get out of this.

But, to the other side: Lets lynch Adel.

1.) We've STILL got this whole mystical questionnaire that hasn't developed into anything.
2.) The never explained Day 1 vote on me.
3.) The "lol reactions" vote on tajo.
4.) The graphs that look really pretty but have no analysis or anything tied to them (see the difference between this which appears pro-town versus the questionnaire that would actually require use)
5.) The "stalling" business with Porkens.

However, those are all little issues in comparison to the logical explosions of today regarding me:

Lets look at the first real set of solid logical opinions that was laid down:

Assumptions:
1. SpryeX is not mafia and pulling an incredible gambit
2. Tajo was killed by the mafia group
3. At least one member of the scum group has played with Tajo before (probably more)
4. The mafia group includes 3 players

Living players that stated that they have played with Tajo within the last 6 months: SpyreX, springlullaby, Zorblag, Vi (assuming he meant "tajo" when he wrote "taco"), Adel. I know that Elmo is familiar with Tajo, and so is DGB.

Conclusion: The mafia group includes one (and probably two; possibly three) out of (Adel, Elmo, DGB, springlullaby, SpyreX, Vi, Zorblag) .. which basically only leaves out Porkens and Ecto.

Now, minus how worthless the conclusion is on heart lets step forward just a little bit:

I'm calling a SpyreX + 2 out of (Porkens + Vi + Ecto) scumgroup.

Of this new and improved "scumgroup" only one person even begins to follow the conclusions of before. Vi. Now, yea yea its all moot because assumption 1 Adel is saying is now invalid (of course assumption 1 has nothing to do with the conclusion but) the fact that the entirety of this set of conclusions is now invalidated mentions nothing.

Then, there is the attack on me:

1.) Of the three options for my alignment Adel opts to disregard the one where I am town doing exactly what I am saying I did in favor of more far-fatched scum machinations where I started setting up an Adel mislynch yesterday in twilight and was quick enough on the ball to adjust (if mafia) today to make it work. Which is fine but:

Remember, I'm also bad at mafia. Which is it?

2.) Adel has been sliding along under the guise of an in-depth meta analysis on all the players. Yet (and keep in mind I think meta is retarded but) when it comes to light that what I've done with this matches my "meta" that meta is to be disregarded because meta can be manipulated? Really?

3.) I didn't know numbers were so apt to drastically different interpretations:
Adel wrote:note that Porkens mentions SpryeX a lot, but SpryeX doesn't mention Porkens much.
As of the graph, I mentioned Porkens 21 times. The most I mentioned was at 31 and the least was Zorblag at 4. Porkens lies right in the "active median" for me (average for the group of active players).

On the flipside, Porkens mentions me 24 times. Which of the active/inactive slide for him nestles in even closer.

So, with a difference of three (as both fall within averages for the divide) somehow Porkens mentions me a lot but I dont mention him much. How's that work?

This, of course, leads us into:

4.) Adel has laid out this elaborate case on why I am scum. Now, that was dropped for Vi but then has been now dropped in favor of an Adel / Porkens voteoff?

The hell does that work? I mean, you've spent the most time saying how I'm scum / blah blah and how I've setup mastergambit(TM) to get you mislynched AND it goes without question that my vote isn't moving.

With all this, why in the hell would you opt for a third person instead of just letting the wagons compete on us?

Is it because, as is obvious from the answers others are giving, your theories are wack and you know that in a me/you today you'd get lynched thereby all but clearing me? Whereas Porkens has been lurkin' it up a bit much and there is a chance you could win that and force this issue tomorrow at lylo?

By God, I think that just might be it.

Ohh, and as an aside:

If you started a case on me why didn't you pick up and finish your "meta" analysis trap sprung about my talk about meta? Because it didn't fit in?

My vote isn't moving. This isn't even for Adel to respond to - I forgot the classic blunder of "convincing scum they are scum."

But, seriously, if one of us isn't lynched today I am not going to feel bad if we lose. The gauntlet is thrown.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

Huh... that bolded section is supposed to be quoted. But, you get the drift
Show

Proud member of BaM
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Adel »

SpyreX wrote:
As of the graph, I mentioned Porkens 21 times. The most I mentioned was at 31 and the least was Zorblag at 4. Porkens lies right in the "active median" for me (average for the group of active players).
I mis read the chart, and read 8 (the number of times you mentioned spring) instead of 21 (the number of times you mentioned Porkens).
SpyreX wrote:
1.) Of the three options for my alignment Adel opts to disregard the one where I am town doing exactly what I am saying I did in favor of more far-fatched scum machinations where I started setting up an Adel mislynch yesterday in twilight and was quick enough on the ball to adjust (if mafia) today to make it work. Which is fine but:

Remember, I'm also bad at mafia. Which is it?
I don't think that you are bad at mafia, which is why I have trouble accepting that you would use your 1-shot vig on Atrem following a Hero-town flip.

2.) Adel has been sliding along under the guise of an in-depth meta analysis on all the players. Yet (and keep in mind I think meta is retarded but) when it comes to light that what I've done with this matches my "meta" that meta is to be disregarded because meta can be manipulated? Really?
compare your posts in that game with your posts in this game. In that game, during day 1, you seemed a lot less invested than in this game, and your posts were much shorter on average. Your posting behavior (expressed as words/post) in that game does not align with your posting behavior in this game.
4.) Adel has laid out this elaborate case on why I am scum. Now, that was dropped for Vi but then has been now dropped in favor of an Adel / Porkens voteoff?

The hell does that work? I mean, you've spent the most time saying how I'm scum / blah blah and how I've setup mastergambit(TM) to get you mislynched AND it goes without question that my vote isn't moving.

With all this, why in the hell would you opt for a third person instead of just letting the wagons compete on us?
the danger of you being town. I don't tunnel. I'm taking the case against you to it's logical conclusion, especially as you continue to make points that don't add up, and so long as you continue to change your story, and fail to answer my questions. In the meantime, I'm attempting to identify who your partners are.
Is it because, as is obvious from the answers others are giving, your theories are wack and you know that in a me/you today you'd get lynched thereby all but clearing me?
if I get lynched, and you are town, then it is probably game over for the town.
Whereas Porkens has been lurkin' it up a bit much and there is a chance you could win that and force this issue tomorrow at lylo?
Why aren't you suspicious of Porkens again? What logic lead you to conclude that Him and Ecto can't be town together?
If you started a case on me why didn't you pick up and finish your "meta" analysis trap sprung about my talk about meta? Because it didn't fit in?
no, I data dumped. In our game together as partners in Polygamist, I did a deep meta on FL, and used my meta knowledge of Sklitzer and Shy Guy (Guardian) to ensure our victory -- which you've given me props for on your wiki page an in the "are you a good player" thread.
My vote isn't moving. This isn't even for Adel to respond to - I forgot the classic blunder of "convincing scum they are scum."
does this explain why you aren't answering my questions?
But, seriously, if one of us isn't lynched today I am not going to feel bad if we lose. The gauntlet is thrown.
please play to win.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Adel »

@ SpyreX: if you are town, why do you think the mafia failed to jump all over your failings like I have?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Adel »

food for thought:
The Fonz wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Too Townie, Too Useful, Too Nice (Close enough) what's the next falsehood case gonna be?
Niceness is actually something of a scumtell. Scum are more likely to worry about needlessly antagonising people.

/hijack
source: title fairy thread in Site Ideas: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=1308
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Adel »

in my defense:
1. I stopped the bullshit wagon on Atrem before he was forced to claim. That should've also prevented him from being NK'd
2. Hero cleared me with his dying breath.
3. There are scummier people than me slipping through.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Elmo »

springlullaby wrote:
Elmo wrote:Both Spring and Zorblag seem to have dropped off the radar with this Adel/Porkens business.
> >
Please do stop "snipping from the sidelines". It is ineffective and makes you look scummy if you are town.
No, I'm sorry, saying "Spring, you didn't do much yesterday and need to get into the limelight" like I did is not 'sniping from the sidelines'. If you want me to get even more in-your-face about it, I'm happy to do that; I struggle to think of one productive thing you or Zorblag did day 1, and I am absolutely not letting either of you slide by after a short burst of appearing active early in the day. You've been better than Zorblag, but that's no accolade and I am not taking my eye off you for a long while yet.
springlullaby wrote:I've decided, I'm gonna vote Adel in 72 hours if nothing brilliant has come from her by that time which would convince me that I have been too stupid to see the rhyme to what she has been doing.
This is opportunistic as all hell. Seriously, horrible.

Adel, you're playing with fire and I can't disapprove since that's practically one of my hobbies, but I don't think either you or SpyreX is scum and I don't know how to defend you or even if I can justify doing so since I only have a weak town read on you and you're good scum. Porkens seems shadier than he did day 1, but if you're town then turning it into a dual between you and someone seems likely to make it no-win. If you're town, work with me; what do you intend, and what should I be doing?

DGB, what do you make of all this?

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I mis read the chart, and read 8 (the number of times you mentioned spring) instead of 21 (the number of times you mentioned Porkens).
And noticed it before or after I brought it up? Keep on keepin on I guess.
I don't think that you are bad at mafia, which is why I have trouble accepting that you would use your 1-shot vig on Atrem following a Hero-town flip.
Gee that meshes up well with what was said before. Allow me to explain again:

I thought Artem was scum. Before I noticed how bad Hero was fellating you yesterday I was on Artem. I'm not sure what is so mystical considering I said clear out I was shooting Artem in twilight.

If you have trouble accepting that people are going to play roles different and I see enough gain in shooting someone I think is scum / trying to draw a NK for it early game versus waiting: get over yourself.
compare your posts in that game with your posts in this game. In that game, during day 1, you seemed a lot less invested than in this game, and your posts were much shorter on average. Your posting behavior (expressed as words/post) in that game does not align with your posting behavior in this game.
I'm not talking about the posts. I'm talking about the actions.

But, yes, comparing post quality when a mafia lept all over himself to get hung is a fair comparison.

And this has nothing to do with the fact you say "Yes, it matches his meta but disregard that lynch hoo"
the danger of you being town. I don't tunnel. I'm taking the case against you to it's logical conclusion, especially as you continue to make points that don't add up, and so long as you continue to change your story, and fail to answer my questions. In the meantime, I'm attempting to identify who your partners are.
Hurf hurf. What doesn't add up? I'm talking in the normal sense not the "I'm bad at mafia because I dont play like you' sense. As for changing my story ASIDE from laying out I was 1-shot what have I changed?

Also, I love "You may be town but I'm looking for your partners"
if I get lynched, and you are town, then it is probably game over for the town.
That works both ways. I swear to God if I get lynched and they don't powerlynch you I will probably explode.
Why aren't you suspicious of Porkens again? What logic lead you to conclude that Him and Ecto can't be town together?
... The hell about them being town together? I do NOT think they are scum together because of Porkens reaction to Ecto's problems day 1. Too high risk / low reward. Thats the big reason why I'm not "suspicious" of Porkens.

The hell does that matter though? I've got one vote. Its on you. Any opinions I have on other players can sit until this is dealt with.
no, I data dumped. In our game together as partners in Polygamist, I did a deep meta on FL, and used my meta knowledge of Sklitzer and Shy Guy (Guardian) to ensure our victory -- which you've given me props for on your wiki page an in the "are you a good player" thread.
Lets look at these:
Wiki wrote:I know, somehow, I was instrumental to the town actually pulling this out. However, I'm still not sure what I did. The mess around the hammer hurt my head - how do you not lynch someone who says they are scum? However, my partner was liquid awesome. A lot of fun all the way through. I think, if I ever do a Poly, I am going to push AGAINST the massclaim early even harder.
Good player wrote:Adel - Adel was my partner in one of my first games and I really like the play. Aggressive without being tunneled. Its good stuff.
I'm pretty sure (as I said it) that the part I was talking about was after I posted some vote stuff and you called Nameless out as scum. Not anything to do with meta.

*As an aside: I love the fact you went to my wiki and started some hunt about me lying about meta when on my wiki it says my feelings about meta. Selective analysis hooo!
does this explain why you aren't answering my questions?
What other questions do you have? Go ahead and line em up.
please play to win.
OHH GOD MY THINKING YOU ARE SCUM MEANS I AM NO LONGER PLAYING TO WIN ALAS I AM DEFEATED

God damn your ego knows no bounds.
@SpyreX: if you are town, why do you think the mafia failed to jump all over your failings like I have?
The honest answer? The mafia (i.e. your partners) know that you're not going to get me lynched on space-voodoo theories and want nothing to do with tying themselves to you in this boat that, one way or another, is going down.

The me-to-you answer: My "failings"? Remember when I told you to get fucked? Yea, that was good times. I'll remember it fondly.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Adel »

@Elmo: I'm not sure. Challenge me on points I've made that don't make sense to you. Encourage SpryeX to answer my questions.

Stick to the basics: Try to get a more even level of participation out of players. Two competing wagons is more informative than one.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Adel isn't scum. I doubt Spyrex is scum. I will NOT vote Adel.

Adel, why would you vote Spyrex before Porkens?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”