muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:27 am

Post by muzzz »

This is utterly ridiculous. I seriously doubt you're even reading my posts.

Yes, it's you and BC that are to blame for the outing of Spartacus.
He was outed long before I pushed him to claim
. All I did was force BC to inform the rest of the town. I've said this before, and you're still misrepresenting my point.

And that mason part is just a fantasy without any sort of facts to back it up. Didn't I just mention how counter-productive that sort of stuff is?
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 8

Muzzz (4): Cateraction, Lazurusmoth, Pads, Bloodcovenant
Pads (3): Ort, Muzzz, Spolium
Lazurusmoth (1): , Ash,
Infinis (1) Skitzer
Fishy (1): Archon
Ash (1): Infinis
Not Voting (1): Fishythefish

7 to Lynch
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:07 am

Post by muzzz »

Also, I noticed that BC still hasn't replied to me. So:

@BC: the reasons behind your vote for me are completely invalid. Why are you still voting me?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:33 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Here is my case against Muzz.

muzzz wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:Can you explain that a little more? How would this make my attack on Pads bogus?
If you were aware that at least two people (you, cateraction) knew about Spartacus then you shouldn't have been surprised that a third person (pads) also knew.
You read my most recent explanation about confirmation of my role, does this quote make more sense now?
muzzz wrote:At this point, anyone not claiming Spartacus is either absent or a complete idiot.
Wait? Howso?
muzzz wrote:It's extremely likely that what you're asking is, in practice, the same as asking "If you got a different role PM than most of us, please let us know." What on earth could that possibly do for us, except potentially force a powerrole to claim?
–Already talking about claiming three pages into the game.
muzzz wrote:Yeah. I already have strong suspicion that two specific players didn't get exactly the same information about Spartacus that I did. I'm currently thinking very, very hard about how much the scum be able to see.

I'm afraid we might have to force some claims today. We should probably try our best to avoid that.
Oh, so you want claims, you just don’t want to be the one that forces them?
muzzz wrote:I completely agree with Ortolan's reply to BC. I'm 99% certain that BC did
not
get the same PM as I did. The same goes for Fishy and, by association, Ash. Lazarus just seems scummy.
Also, I have no reason to assume that people claiming Spartacus are more likely to be townies.

We should probably lynch Lazarus today. But before that, I'd like to bandwagon BC into a claim.
Very good, of course we didn’t get the same PM’s. As I stated previously, I have reason to believe that everyone was given mention to the name Spartacus in their PM’s.

Wait….? You do want me to claim? Why me? Did we ever bring that into question? And why do you want a claim from me, if you plan on lynching someone else? You could of saved me the trouble of Role Claiming.

muzzz wrote:After his most recent post, I am absolutely, positively, one-hundred-percent certain that BC is
not
a generic townie. If I figured it out than it's extremely likely that the scum did as well. So BC needs to claim before he gets NK'ed.

Do I need to be any more explicit?
If you truly know, then why don’t you keep to yourself, or defend me if I get bandwagoned? You could of saved town a lot of trouble. And now you’re telling me that I need to get claim before I get Night Killed. Or, why not, if we have a doc, and he noticed the same thing you did, wouldn’t he most likely save me Night 1? You’ve only been around for a few months, unless you’re an alt, how did you pick up on something that is so specifically town play, when I myself considered it to be a generic scum hunting.
muzzz wrote:
But that aside, you're right in that we should lynch BC if he refuses the claim.
This jackass even threatened to lynch me if I didn’t claim.

And then after you unvote me in post 100, you vote Lazarus. Did you even put a case on him? This vote seems very opportunistic and scummy. Oh, then there’s a vote count, and we find that Lazarus is at L-2.
muzzz wrote: I think it would be safest to assume as little as possible. In particular, I consider it entirely possibly that the scum were at least aware of the existence of a Spartacus role.
If you don’t believe my claim, then flat out say it.
muzzz wrote:
lazarusmoth wrote:I'm thinking Spartacus claims activate this power.
Hmmm, hadn't thought about this. I'm liking the idea, though.
this is the dumbest idea ever. If it were true, my role would have activated by now.
cateraction wrote:
muzzz wrote:
lazarusmoth wrote:I'm thinking Spartacus claims activate this power.
Hmmm, hadn't thought about this. I'm liking the idea, though.
This. Anyone else see what I'm saying?
cateraction wrote:Sorry, the "again" was because that was my reason for voting BC. I now apply it to you. I was told that claiming spartacus would be advantageous and the fact that you did not think it would be a power up leads me to believe that you did not receive a spartacus role. Hence the vote.
This makes sense to me.
muzzz wrote:
cateraction wrote:Sorry, the "again" was because that was my reason for voting BC. I now apply it to you. I was told that claiming spartacus would be advantageous and the fact that you did not think it would be a power up leads me to believe that you did not receive a spartacus role. Hence the vote.
Did your role PM contain the word "may"?

And why should I think it would be a power-up? Did you consider the possibility that Empking
is
following the script? That Spartacus is an important target for the bad guys, and that we all claim to be him to confuse them?
because you just said that you liked the idea.
BloodCovenent wrote:
muzzz wrote:Are you saying that everyone, scum and whatnot included, is a Spartican?
Yes, If not, they have some reference in their PM that leads them to believe there are players that are labeled as Spartacus. If said players are without the Spartacus involved roles, and they themselves were given scum roles, why wouldn't they try to hide themselves in a pro-town role. Or even after they found out that Spartacus is Pro-Town, they would try to hide themselves. It's the classic wolf in a sheep's clothing.

Say, some one is scum, and the majority of the town believes that a spartacus role is pro-town, of course the scum is going to claim Spartacus.

But you seem completely against this idea, making me believe that you never had "Spartacus" mentioned in your PM. This also leads me to believe that you are not pro-town.

Unvote:
Vote:Muzzz
muzzz wrote:@BC: I'm thinking we might have a different definition of "Sparticans". Initially, I thought you meant "people who knew about Spartacus". But with your latest post, I'm beginning to think you meant "people who would claim Spartacus".

I definitely agree that scum would claim Spartacus. Even if they didn't know about him at first, which I'm undecided about. But my point re. Ortolan was that he wasn't asking just the people who knew about Spartacus to claim. He was asking everyone to claim Spartacus, even people who might not have known about Spartacus before the first claim. That seemed like an attempt to confuse scum by "invalidating" the claims.
Ok, as soon as you see my response, you try to say that we have a misunderstanding. The thing is, everyone that knew of Spartacus, regardless of alignment, will claim it, because they want to be perceived as pro-town. You sir, I believe had never claimed anything yet, this leads me to believe that you were extremely confused throughout this point in the game. Besides, confusion is scummy.
muzzz wrote:
BloodConvenent wrote:and there was no question in 149. Therefore, i have no response.
You don't have a response to the fact that I'm saying the assumptions behind you vote are incorrect?

Unvote, vote Pads

Let's see if he'll claim what I think he will.
Ok, i read that post several times, and it didn't even look like that was what you were trying to say.

And you are really into forcing claims aren't you?
muzzz wrote:This is utterly ridiculous. I seriously doubt you're even reading my posts.

Yes, it's you and BC that are to blame for the outing of Spartacus.
He was outed long before I pushed him to claim
. All I did was force BC to inform the rest of the town. I've said this before, and you're still misrepresenting my point.

And that mason part is just a fantasy without any sort of facts to back it up. Didn't I just mention how counter-productive that sort of stuff is?
But wait, you did push a claim on me, read my post above. Not only did you push my claim, you’re pushing some one else’s rather discretely. Which is, extremely scummy. So, basically, you spent the game wanting to find out who I was, and now some one else. What I also noticed, was that page seven, you were also putting pressure on Fishy. You seem indecisive. Being wishy-washy is scummy, and I believe you are acting so.

Then your most recent post is you trying to nullify my vote, when just earlier today, I said that I was going to give a post, and you seem like your anxious, and trying to get me off your back. Well, my vote stands. You sir, seem very scummy. I would be surprised if you turned out otherwise.

muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:53 am

Post by muzzz »

BloodCovenent wrote:You read my most recent explanation about confirmation of my role, does this quote make more sense now?
No.
BC wrote:Wait? Howso?
I explained this already. Please read my posts.
BC wrote:–Already talking about claiming three pages into the game.
Yes, because some idiots were already flaunting their knowledge.
BC wrote:Oh, so you want claims, you just don’t want to be the one that forces them?
Vice versa. I'd rather not have claims, but I'll force them if I think somebody's already outed for all practical intents and purposes.
BC wrote:Wait….? You do want me to claim? Why me? Did we ever bring that into question? And why do you want a claim from me, if you plan on lynching someone else? You could of saved me the trouble of Role Claiming.
I already explained why I wanted you to claim. Please read my posts.
BC wrote:If you truly know, then why don’t you keep to yourself, or defend me if I get bandwagoned? You could of saved town a lot of trouble. And now you’re telling me that I need to get claim before I get Night Killed. Or, why not, if we have a doc, and he noticed the same thing you did, wouldn’t he most likely save me Night 1? You’ve only been around for a few months, unless you’re an alt, how did you pick up on something that is so specifically town play, when I myself considered it to be a generic scum hunting.
I've already explained why I didn't keep to myself. And that I won't trust in a hypothetical doc. Please read my posts.

Also, don't confuse my join date with my experience.
BC wrote:
This jackass
even threatened to lynch me if I didn’t claim.
Nice Ad Hominem...
BC wrote:If you don’t believe my claim, then flat out say it.
I have no idea where this is coming from.
BC wrote:this is the dumbest idea ever. If it were true, my role would have activated by now.
Uhmmm... isn't cop a night power?
BC wrote:because you just said that you liked the idea.
So because I liked the idea after someone mentioned it, I should've actually been the one to come up with it? That makes no sense at all.
BC wrote:Ok, as soon as you see my response, you try to say that we have a misunderstanding. The thing is, everyone that knew of Spartacus, regardless of alignment, will claim it, because they want to be perceived as pro-town. You sir, I believe had never claimed anything yet, this leads me to believe that you were extremely confused throughout this point in the game. Besides, confusion is scummy.
I did claim Spartacus. Please read my posts.
BC wrote:Ok, i read that post several times, and it didn't even look like that was what you were trying to say.
What didn't look like like it was trying to say what? This is so vague it hardly qualifies as an opinion.
BC wrote:And you are really into forcing claims aren't you?
I try hard to make the best out of hopeless situations.
BC wrote:But wait, you did push a claim on me, read my post above. Not only did you push my claim, you’re pushing some one else’s rather discretely. Which is, extremely scummy. So, basically, you spent the game wanting to find out who I was, and now some one else. What I also noticed, was that page seven, you were also putting pressure on Fishy. You seem indecisive. Being wishy-washy is scummy, and I believe you are acting so.
Pushing a claim != outing. And I don't need to find out what Pads is. At first I thought he might be the doc, but after his latest post he's almost certainly scum.

And there's nothig wishy-washy about pressuring and/or suspecting multiple people. After all, we likely have more than one scum. It would, in fact, but very short-sighted to focus completely on a single player.
BC wrote:Then your most recent post is you trying to nullify my vote, when just earlier today, I said that I was going to give a post, and you seem like your anxious, and trying to get me off your back. Well, my vote stands. You sir, seem very scummy. I would be surprised if you turned out otherwise.

You didn't say you'd post, only that you'd re-read and analyse. But what we see here is that you didn't spend a second actually reading my post. All of that time went into making a non-existent case against me.

tl;dr summary

BC didn't even read my posts.
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Pads »

Muzzz wrote:Yes, it's you and BC that are to blame for the outing of Spartacus. He was outed long before I pushed him to claim. All I did was force BC to inform the rest of the town. I've said this before, and you're still misrepresenting my point.
Yes, the outting of Spartacus I had an unintentional hand in. But we're talking about the outting of the cop, which I had nothing to do with. Once I saw Blood's surprise at my Spartacus claim, I
left him alone
. But you didn't. What exactly am I misrepresenting?

Informing the rest of the town, and thus making sure they have the same understanding of Blood's claim that the scum looking for Spartacus do is fine, but what does that have to do with making him claim? There was no reason for it that I can see.

Muzzz wrote:And that mason part is just a fantasy without any sort of facts to back it up.
That's obviously not true. BC's claimed PM included a part that clearly stated a group of players had to recognize him. Is it entirely unreasonable to guess that such a group of people can talk to each other in a non-main game thread capacity? Couldn't that be Masons?

While I realize that BC's claimed PM is not a verified fact, per se, it's about as fact-y as anything else we're talking about. About the only facts we, as individuals, have are in our PM's. My theory might be wrong, but it's not baseless.

Muzzz wrote: Didn't I just mention how counter-productive that sort of stuff is?
Yes, but if my theory is 'baseless', as you describe, despite being based on someone's claim, then we can classify some of your theories as baseless, too....
Muzzz wrote:What if, for example, (one of) their role PM's started something like this: "Your job is to find and kill Spartacus and his followers without getting caught."
Muzzz wrote:Did you consider the possibility that Empking is following the script?
... since we have no confirmed knowledge of the scum's information, and no proof that Empking's setup will at all conform to the movies, respectively.

I, for one, am trying to figure this game out. And I want to hear what everyone is thinking. Let's not stifle ideas today.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:04 am

Post by muzzz »

Pads wrote:Yes, the outting of Spartacus I had an unintentional hand in. But we're talking about the outting of the cop, which I had nothing to do with. Once I saw Blood's surprise at my Spartacus claim, I
left him alone
. But you didn't. What exactly am I misrepresenting?
My intentions. You said I wanted to learn his role, which is false. I wanted him to say he is indeed Spartacus. I didn't expect, nor really want, the cop-ability claim.
Pads wrote:Informing the rest of the town, and thus making sure they have the same understanding of Blood's claim that the scum looking for Spartacus do is fine, but what does that have to do with making him claim? There was no reason for it that I can see.
Because if I say something, the town might disbelieve me. Scum would have had a much better idea of whether I was right or not. And making him claim is also a precaution against the possibility that he's fakeclaiming scum.
Pads wrote:That's obviously not true. BC's claimed PM included a part that clearly stated a group of players had to recognize him. Is it entirely unreasonable to guess that such a group of people can talk to each other in a non-main game thread capacity? Couldn't that be Masons?
Yes, it's entirely unreasonable to guess that without any direct evidence. For all we know, that group was just "the townies".
Pads wrote:Yes, but if my theory is 'baseless', as you describe, despite being based on someone's claim, then we can classify some of your theories as baseless, too....
You're misrepresenting my points, again. Those things you quoted weren't theories. They were counter-arguments to people
who were assuming too much.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:05 am

Post by muzzz »

EBWOP:
For the record: I have nothing against theories, as long as they're just that. I do, however, have huge problems with people assuming one theory over the other without any evidence.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Fishythefish »

muzzz wrote:So by "three left" you meant "even if everybody stopped claiming after that point, there would still be at least three players who had claimed Spartacus"?
I meant:
"There were at least three players with role related reasons for claiming Spartacus. Even if claims ceased, and baseless claims were withdrawn, there would remain three Spartacus claims."
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:32 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

muzzz wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:You read my most recent explanation about confirmation of my role, does this quote make more sense now?
No.
BC wrote:Wait? Howso?
I explained this already. Please read my posts.

You say that scum will most likely not want to stand out, yes, but how are people standing out if they just go, "oh yea, i'm spartacus too!." and no one bats an eye.

BC wrote:–Already talking about claiming three pages into the game.
Yes, because some idiots were already flaunting their knowledge.

Flaunting knowledge? not really? How do you see us as 'flaunting knowledge.'

BC wrote:Oh, so you want claims, you just don’t want to be the one that forces them?
Vice versa. I'd rather not have claims, but I'll force them if I think somebody's already outed for all practical intents and purposes.

But if you know i wasn't a generic townie, but still thought me to be town, then why would you need a claim from me?

BC wrote:Wait….? You do want me to claim? Why me? Did we ever bring that into question? And why do you want a claim from me, if you plan on lynching someone else? You could of saved me the trouble of Role Claiming.
I already explained why I wanted you to claim. Please read my posts.

I apologize, but I fail to see this. I just see you saying that i obviously have a different role than you, which.... you kind of knew from the start, didn't you? Theoretically to say at the least.

BC wrote:If you truly know, then why don’t you keep to yourself, or defend me if I get bandwagoned? You could of saved town a lot of trouble. And now you’re telling me that I need to get claim before I get Night Killed. Or, why not, if we have a doc, and he noticed the same thing you did, wouldn’t he most likely save me Night 1? You’ve only been around for a few months, unless you’re an alt, how did you pick up on something that is so specifically town play, when I myself considered it to be a generic scum hunting.
I've already explained why I didn't keep to myself. And that I won't trust in a hypothetical doc. Please read my posts.

Also, don't confuse my join date with my experience.

But why not? it's a big enough game. You didn't answer the question.

BC wrote:
This jackass
even threatened to lynch me if I didn’t claim.
Nice Ad Hominem...

I don't think that's really an Ad Hominem. But still, the fact is true.

BC wrote:If you don’t believe my claim, then flat out say it.
I have no idea where this is coming from.

OH! Now i get to say it, read my post.
BC wrote:this is the dumbest idea ever. If it were true, my role would have activated by now.
Uhmmm... isn't cop a night power?

Yea, but that doesn't mean that mine is activated yet, and even after Night 1, it still might now be activated. Emp will let me know when it is activated.
BC wrote:because you just said that you liked the idea.
So because I liked the idea after someone mentioned it, I should've actually been the one to come up with it? That makes no sense at all.

I get to say it again! read the posts surrounding my quotes and maybe you will understand.

BC wrote:Ok, as soon as you see my response, you try to say that we have a misunderstanding. The thing is, everyone that knew of Spartacus, regardless of alignment, will claim it, because they want to be perceived as pro-town. You sir, I believe had never claimed anything yet, this leads me to believe that you were extremely confused throughout this point in the game. Besides, confusion is scummy.
I did claim Spartacus. Please read my posts.

I fail to see it.

BC wrote:Ok, i read that post several times, and it didn't even look like that was what you were trying to say.
What didn't look like like it was trying to say what? This is so vague it hardly qualifies as an opinion.

It didn't even look like you were trying to say this, ->
"You don't have a response to the fact that I'm saying the assumptions behind you vote are incorrect
? " I didn't see that at all.

BC wrote:And you are really into forcing claims aren't you?
I try hard to make the best out of hopeless situations.

What hopeless situation?

BC wrote:But wait, you did push a claim on me, read my post above. Not only did you push my claim, you’re pushing some one else’s rather discretely. Which is, extremely scummy. So, basically, you spent the game wanting to find out who I was, and now some one else. What I also noticed, was that page seven, you were also putting pressure on Fishy. You seem indecisive. Being wishy-washy is scummy, and I believe you are acting so.
Pushing a claim != outing. And I don't need to find out what Pads is. At first I thought he might be the doc, but after his latest post he's almost certainly scum.

Thats a shame, i completely disagree.

And there's nothig wishy-washy about pressuring and/or suspecting multiple people. After all, we likely have more than one scum. It would, in fact, but very short-sighted to focus completely on a single player.
BC wrote:Then your most recent post is you trying to nullify my vote, when just earlier today, I said that I was going to give a post, and you seem like your anxious, and trying to get me off your back. Well, my vote stands. You sir, seem very scummy. I would be surprised if you turned out otherwise.

You didn't say you'd post, only that you'd re-read and analyse. But what we see here is that you didn't spend a second actually reading my post. All of that time went into making a non-existent case against me.

I think you understood the interpretation of my post, but are trying to use this against me.

tl;dr summary

BC didn't even read my posts.
mmm... no?

(Sorry, i had to do the green, it was just too hard to put them all down here, and might not have made sense, and been confusing.)
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:38 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

muzzz wrote: My intentions. You said I wanted to learn his role, which is false. I wanted him to say he is indeed Spartacus. I didn't expect, nor really want, the cop-ability claim.

Yes, it's entirely unreasonable to guess that without any direct evidence. For all we know, that group was just "the townies".
Oh really, you asked me to claim three times, if not four times. And not to mention, didn't my initial question to pads show how honest and sincere I was? I wasn't about to let some one else claim my role. And when you ask for a claim, if you asked anyone else, in this game, or any other game, they would tell their actual role, when faced with a RC. They wouldn't only say, "Oh i'm just Spartacus." Because that's bullshit, If that's all I claimed, then I would have been ridiculed and lynched.
muzzz wrote:EBWOP:
For the record: I have nothing against theories, as long as they're just that. I do, however, have huge problems with people assuming one theory over the other without any evidence.
1. he did not do that.
2. you seem to be refusing his theory.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Spolium »

@Fishythefish
- Why aren't you voting anyone? Who do you think is scum?
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Spolium »

@BloodCovenent
- Please paraphrase your role PM in support of your claim.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:34 am

Post by muzzz »

BloodCovenent wrote:You say that scum will most likely not want to stand out, yes, but how are people standing out if they just go, "oh yea, i'm spartacus too!." and no one bats an eye.
My point was that scum would go "oh yeah, I'm Spartacus too" so they wouldn't stand out. No one batting an eye at that is pretty much why they'd do it. I don't see how your statement is questioning mine.
BC wrote:Flaunting knowledge? not really? How do you see us as 'flaunting knowledge.'
Claiming Spartacus. Counter-claiming Spartacus. Saying people who (counter-)claimed Spartacus are likely town. Etc..
BC wrote:But if you know i wasn't a generic townie, but still thought me to be town, then why would you need a claim from me?
Because for various reasons, which I've repeated more than once, I found it necessary to have you state your claim for the rest of the town.
BC wrote:I apologize, but I fail to see this. I just see you saying that i obviously have a different role than you, which.... you kind of knew from the start, didn't you? Theoretically to say at the least.
I didn't know you had a different role than me until you counter-claimed. A claim might still have been avoided at that point. But then people quickly showed that your position was entirely unique. That's the point were you became a scum target even if the scum hadn't known about Spartacus beforehand. And that's when I knew you had to claim.
BC wrote:But why not? it's a big enough game. You didn't answer the question.
The chances of a single townie catching something are much smaller than the chances of at least one of the scum to catch it. That's why I didn't keep to myself. If we had a doc, he would've been more likely to miss it than the scum. And bandwagons have nothing to do with NKs.

Anything else?
BC wrote:I don't think that's really an Ad Hominem.
I really don't see how "jackass" would be directed at my arguments.
BC wrote:OH! Now i get to say it, read my post.
You said "If you don't believe my claim". But I never suggested I don't believe your claim. Your post has nothing to do with that.
BC wrote:Yea, but that doesn't mean that mine is activated yet, and even after Night 1, it still might now be activated. Emp will let me know when it is activated.
Did he say he'd let you know immediately?
BC wrote:I get to say it again! read the posts surrounding my quotes and maybe you will understand.
I did read those posts. You say it was a dumb idea, but that I'm scummy for not having liked it from the start. None of that makes sense.
BC wrote:I fail to see it.
FFS, I was the one who said "anyone not claiming Spartacus is absent or an idiot"... And I've made countless arguments, many against you, that claimed or implied some knowledge of Spartacus. Stop fooling around.
BC wrote:It didn't even look like you were trying to say this, -> "You don't have a response to the fact that I'm saying the assumptions behind you vote are incorrect? " I didn't see that at all.
It's most definitely there.
BC wrote:What hopeless situation?
People who out themselves to the scum.
BC wrote:I think you understood the interpretation of my post, but are trying to use this against me.
I'd like to see you back that up.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:42 am

Post by muzzz »

BloodCovenent wrote:Oh really, you asked me to claim three times, if not four times. And not to mention, didn't my initial question to pads show how honest and sincere I was? I wasn't about to let some one else claim my role. And when you ask for a claim, if you asked anyone else, in this game, or any other game, they would tell their actual role, when faced with a RC. They wouldn't only say, "Oh i'm just Spartacus." Because that's bullshit, If that's all I claimed, then I would have been ridiculed and lynched.
Your initial question only showed you sincerely thought Spartacus should be counterclaimed. Being Spartacus is the simplest explanation for that, but not the only one.

I can't answer for the rest of the town. But the important part for me was that you claimed something which validated your suspicion.
BC wrote:1. he did not do that.
2. you seem to be refusing his theory.
He was assuming masons over other possibilities. And I never disagreed that masons might be possible.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

muzzz wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:Consider that I claimed Spartacus third- I think it's not very realistic to think I did it without information.
I disagree. I think it's quite realistic to expect someone to make the connection between two Spartacus claims and the "I am Spartacus" scene.
Fair enough.
muzzz wrote:And I can't stress this enough:
we have absolutely no reason whatsoever to assume anything about the scum's knowledge
. People need to stop assuming silly things and start playing with what we know. Suggesting that the scum wouldn't know something without having facts to back it up is counter-productive. All it does is give people a false sense of trust towards others. And only scum profit from that.
I'm not sure to what extent this was related to your previous comment. In this case, you were suggesting I was scummier due to a possible lack of information- I provided some evidence that I did have information. In general, though, I am in complete agreement with you. I no longer assume anything about who might have information on Spartacus.
Infinis wrote:Who do I think is scum...FTF his 164 is so scummy I dont know where to begin. As an opener muzz's 169 first line. That just leaped out of FTF post for me as well. And I too would like an explanation of the 3 claims left line.
I’d like some backup for this post please- how is 164 "so scummy"? The only thing you say in support is to reference a post of another player, which was asking for clarification on something. And then you repeat the point by asking for something I have already answered. It feels like you wanted to jump on a wagon which was suddenly looking popular.

The mason theory from Pads is completely unwarranted speculation- while of course something vaguely similar to this could be true, there’s nowhere near enough information to make such theories worth giving any weight to.

I think the case against muzzz has exactly no merit, and am seriously opposed to his lynch.

Pads is a decent candidate for scum. His most recent post feels like an incredibly contrived extra justification of his vote for muzzz, and claiming Spartacus to keep him hidden seems bizarre (surely you expected a counterclaim? why was the claim necessary at that stage?). I can see someone with my role pm claiming unprompted as Spartacus, although it would seem rash, but not if you realised the whole idea was to hide Spartacus. Right now, I don’t have anything stronger on anyone else, and I much prefer this wagon to the other one that’s going strong.
vote:Pads
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Infinis wrote:
AshMC1984 wrote:
ortolan wrote:I would never normally have claimed unprompted like that but I might come into suspicion later in the game for not having done so. Happy? It has the potential to out power roles and was
honestly pretty dumb of Pads to do in the first place.
I don't think discussion of the matter is helpful.
Infinis - what are your thoughts on the above post, especially the bold?
My thoughts on the above, sadness. It saddened me immensely that anyone who joined Kubrick mafia, did not know the "I am Spartacus!" scene. Hell, even if you didn't know it was Kubrick, wouldn't you know the scene? Spartacus was intentionally being hidden in plain sight.

By someone out and out claiming Spartacus it could be a scum gambit to fish out Spartacus, or Spartacus got over anxious and claimed, or someone is willing to sacrifice themselves to continue hiding Spartacus.

Out of those options, the first would presuppose knowing Spartacus was a power role for town, why risk a scum team member for a vanilla townie. The second option I leave to all of us to debate after a reread. And the third option puts a big WIFOM bomb on the scum, is he really Spartacus, do we NK him?
You've either missed, or conveniently side-stepped my intended point. My point is that you suspect me claiming that it seemed I didn't know the reason for Pads claiming, yet omit ortolan. His post was earlier than mine, and shows incredulity when mine showed curiosity.

Unvote

Vote: infinis
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

ortolan wrote:Gut-read: Pads and Fish scum-team
Care to flesh this out? I know it's 'gut', but must come from somewhere.
Infinis wrote:
Spolium wrote:
vote: Pads
, because I want to see where that goes.

@Infinis
- Since you think it'd be stupid of scum not to claim Spartacus after the first few claims, I'd very much like to know which of the claimants you consider most likely to be scum at this point.

@Fishythefish
- I'm still having trouble consolidating the idea that you believe(d) Spartacus is likely a pro-town role yet wanted to keep the number of claims minimal, and it's strange that you went on to claim that it was not clear that Sparticans make good scum targets despite the former point.

@Cateraction
- What are your thoughts on the Pads wagon?

@BloodCovenent
- Were you, upon joining this game, familiar with the movie Spartacus?

Once again I apologise for my absence. More to come, I've been reading this thread for a good chunk of today but will be busy for a few hours.
Who do I think is scum...FTF his 164 is so scummy I dont know where to begin. As an opener muzz's 169 first line. That just leaped out of FTF post for me as well. And I too would like an explanation of the 3 claims left line.
Yet you're voting me. How interesting....

Everone else - all this set-up speculation is distracting from scum-hunting plus allowing scum to hide by speculating along with us. Unless you have a very good reason to be doing so, let's just hunt and lynch potential scum.
Win / Loss record
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Infinis »

I reread the first two pages, to see the order of events.

I see two people tl;dr posts, one of whom is now clear in my mind.

I see very subtle play that was outted in the thread and I see some well poisoning by orto and muzz.

I reread the recent BC/muzz/pads debate. Pads early claim prompted the end of the random phase and did reveal info. Some players got extremely anxious and aggressive over the Spartacus issue.

BC has argued his points better than muzz so
Unvote; Vote Muzz
Games Played: Mini 741, Newbie 764
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:21 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

The posts and votes doth fly. Please give me time to check the thread and wade through BC's, muzz's, and all the rest of the folks' voluminous explanations.

(I read more joining mafiascum than joining a book club)
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:26 am

Post by muzzz »

@Infinis: OMGUS. You insinuate a whole lot. But you don't even point at a single concrete fact. Let alone a shred of evidence.
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by Infinis »

cateraction wrote:
Vote: Blood Covenant

The best lynch the town will ever get. So anti town.
Also, in a
gladiator fight
, he would lose.
subtle claim, town. Scum know who scum are and dont need subtle hints to find one another.
BloodCovenent wrote:...
cateraction wrote:
Vote: Blood Covenant

The best lynch the town will ever get. So anti town.
Also, in a gladiator fight, he would lose.
and you sir, are wrong. i would stab you with
my sword
!
Cop claim, hard to say if he's just going with a joke or signaling back.
cateraction wrote:Gladius. It's called a gladius. That's why we're gladiators. My vote stands. Kid's dead weight.
Beating a dead horse with the signaling.
lazarusmoth wrote:
Archon wrote:
Archon wrote:
Archon wrote:
lazarusmoth wrote:
Vote: archon

People who rub their heads with cats are misguided. Everyone knows dogs clean better.
but they didn't have an avatar like that. [/in whiny, three year old voice]

unvtoe, vote lazar
DOH!

unvote, vote lazar
DOOOOH!

What the hell is happening...
oh well. I'll just keep my vote.
OMGUS fail?

tl;dr pads last post, he says as much later in thread.
AshMC1984 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:A little early to be spreading lies don't you think?
Do you
think
or
know
this? Why / how?
Subtle signal he's town or fishing...I think fishing hence my vote earlier.

the next 5 posts hurt to read. Pads had claimed why push for definitive counter claim?
Fishythefish wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:
AshMC1984 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:A little early to be spreading lies don't you think?
Do you
think
or
know
this? Why / how?
Unless there is more than one Spartacus, he cannot be him.
I recounterclaim. I am, in fact, Spartacus. This is not a joke.
FtF trying to save the day by redirecting undue attention, but it's too late. Is he protecting a scum buddy or town trying to be in the spirit of the PM he was given?
muzzz wrote:
Unvote, vote: BloodCovenant

Spartacus is seriously doubting that BC didn't get Cateraction's earlier gladiator references.
Subtle third person claim, hindsight 20/20
muzzz wrote:Oh, and I agree with Ortolan that Spartacus probably isn't for confirmation purposes.
poisoning the well

Wall of text done for now...
Games Played: Mini 741, Newbie 764
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by muzzz »

Infinis wrote:
muzzz wrote:Oh, and I agree with Ortolan that Spartacus probably isn't for confirmation purposes.
poisoning the well
How is that poisoning the well?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:21 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@ Infinis: What points is 196 trying to make or support?
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:33 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

I don't believe Infinis. My vote stands. First you suspect and vote me for flimsy reasons. Then when asked who you find most scummy you mention two people that aren't me. Did you forget who you were voting for? You claim to have re-read and changed your mind but forgot to mention that part? Next time, say so. An unexplained flip like this looks scummy. You abandon your pursuit of me after failing to garner any support and hop onto the biggest wagon. Your post 196 is not a wall o' text but a wall o' quotes. You misrepresent this. Trying to appear that you are saying more than you actually are?
Win / Loss record

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”