Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Faraday »

Sajin wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm here and I have a good (protown) reason for not claiming my sleeping location. See you guys in the morning.
No you do not,
fos MBL
How do you know?
What advantage does he gain from saying this as scum?

He could easily just lie about his location.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yea too obvious flak for a scum move imo - assuming the reason is good.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I'm sorry there hasn't been a VC or prodding yet. Lots of stuff going on right now. I will catch up completely tomorrow morning after I sleep.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm here and I have a good (protown) reason for not claiming my sleeping location. See you guys in the morning.
No, claim it now.
Permanent V/LA.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Let him claim it in the morning. If he does have a pro-town reason for not claiming it we benefit from not outing it. If he doesn't have a pro-town reason, we'll find out tomorrow anyway. There's no benefit in forcing it out now.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Kinetic »

""Why not? Only one human captain has survived battle with the Minbari Fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.""

- From the Journal of Jardor Calol

Because it pleases me, for the foreseeable future Jardor Calol will be speaking in Babylon 5 quotes.

Fuzzy wuzzy bear has been prodded.

I will look for a replacement for fuzzy in the event that he does not respond to the prod.

The Twenty-Eighth Vote Count

Vote Count
  1. (0) fuzzylightning -
  2. (0) MacavityLock -
  3. (0) Seraphim -
  4. (0) julienvonwolfe -
  5. (0) Benmage -
  6. (1)
    Kairyuu - Mufasa
  7. (0) Tosarian2 -
  8. (0) Albert B. Rampage -
  9. (0) armlx -
  10. (0) Mastermind of Sin -
  11. (0) Goatrevolt -
  12. (0) Moratorium -
  13. (10)
    Mufasa - Kairyuu, MrBuddyLee, SpyreX, Faraday, Yosarian2, julienvonwolfe, Albert B. Rampage, Benmage, SpryeX
    Moratorium
  14. (0) SpyreX -
  15. (0) Setael -
  16. (0) Faraday -
  17. (0) Sajin -
  18. (0) MrBuddyLee -
  19. (0) Kison -
Votes Required to Lynch:

Not Voting (12): fuzzylightning, MacavityLock, Seraphim, julienvonwolfe, Cyberbob, armlx, Mastermind of Sin, Goatrevolt, OozingGolfball, Sajin, MBL, Kison, Moratorium

FoS Count
  1. (0) fuzzylightning -
  2. (0) MacavityLock -
  3. (0) Seraphim -
  4. (0) julienvonwolfe -
  5. (0) Benmage -
  6. (0) Kairyuu -
  7. (0) Tosarian2 -
  9. (0) armlx -
  11. (0) Goatrevolt -
  12. (0) Moratorium -
  13. (0) Mufasa -
  14. (0) SpyreX -
  15. (0) Oozing Golfball -
  16. (0) Faraday -
  17. (1)
    Sajin - MrBuddyLee
  18. (0) MrBuddyLee -
  19. (0) Kison -
Not FoSing (18): fuzzylightning, MacavityLock, Seraphim, julienvonwolfe, Cyberbob, Kairyuu, Yosarian2, Albert B. Rampage, armlx, Mastermind of Sin, Goatrevolt, Moratorium, Mufasa, SpyreX, OozingGolfball, Faraday, Sajin, Kison

Lynch Count has been reached.

It is now twilight, please send any actions in asap.
Last edited by Kinetic on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:55 pm

So, uhh, are you declaring Mufasa lynched, since the VC says he has 10 votes and it says 10 votes to lynch?

See italicized at the bottom of the post.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:30 am

So, who do we lynch next? I'm liking Benmage and Kison as possible scum. I'll have to look into more detail regarding the Fabian lynch, though.
Permanent V/LA.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

I'm seeing pretty much nothing promoting Kison as scum (pray tell, what have you noticed that I haven't?), but Benmage is a pretty good choice in my opinion. Albert also is going to have quite a bit to answer for come morning, so he would also be a good choice methinks.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Hey, I've got an idea, let's tell scum which townies they don't need to kill off tonight. I plan on lynching...

*dozes off*
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Hey, I've got an idea, how about I tell the town who the scum are before the scum manage to kill me because I've already nailed at least 3 anti-town players in this game?
Kairyuu wrote:I'm seeing pretty much nothing promoting Kison as scum (pray tell, what have you noticed that I haven't?), but Benmage is a pretty good choice in my opinion. Albert also is going to have quite a bit to answer for come morning, so he would also be a good choice methinks.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:SpyreX, Faraday, Kison, Benmage, armlx, Slicey, Mufasa, Setael/OGB all voted for Flay (in that order) AFTER I had been forced to reveal that I had information.

-SpyreX was helping test Flay's claim before that, but hadn't commented much one way or the other on Flay's scumminess.

-Faraday had been on the Flay wagon earlier, and made a very good post about the top suspects of the day.
Faraday wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:
FOS: Faraday, OozingGolfball
Any reason for this?

Ok well I've read up. I don't see a lot against JVW :? I mean he's not particularly townie but I can't see him as 99% scum like Albert says.

I think the case on Flay is a better one so I will
Vote: Mr. Flay

Other things of note:

Mufasa is pretty much useless. His meta supports this, he's claimed doc in an open game when vanilla before, and done numerous..questionable things so I'm not sure how easy it is to get a read on him. His play here is actually less erratic than some of his other games, one of which I'm talking about is ongoing.

Benmage's questions are certaintly odd, I do agree the pace seems to have dropped this game day though, for whatever reason. But doing stuff to "provoke reactions" or something isn't a good idea.

I continue to like MOS, and I think Kairyuu is probably town too due to his claim.

Slicey re: 1409: Is this the tar standard tell? If so he's said that untill one of the people has flipped it's not that useful, unless there's a mutual chainsaw defense going on.

So yeh kinda caught up now and all that, thank God.
This puts him in a pretty good light, I think.

-Kison was very ambiguous in regards to Mr. Flay, and made small statements of disbelieving his claim but didn't really act on it, parroting other people's ideas on how to test the role claim. He also finally placed his vote upon digging up a supposed contradiction that was actually rather weak, instead of all the other evidence we had.

-Benmage went one step further, placing his vote based on Kison's bad evidence and then unvoting when it was debunked, completely ignoring the real evidence against Mr. Flay. He also defended Flay at one point against Slicey's case, trying to deflect it by concluding that it wasn't enough to lynch someone. This post also sprang up as cause for concern:
Benmage wrote:You swear Flay to be scum. ABR is 99% sure jvw is scum... others wanna see Mufasa hung, who should we follow?

Honestly looking back at Flay, other than his odd continual tangent about Jester possibility his posts are generally pretty good, comprehensive and aren't simply one-liners, he isn't high on my 'scum-radar' yet. (I'm also not suggesting that good posting/contributing clears you from the possibility of scum, I just think there are much better cases out there than Flay.)
I don't like the defense of Flay, and I am also concerned by his lack of comment on JVW or Mufasa after the first statement, especially since Mufasa is also likely scum.

-armlx hasn't said much all game, and he did say Flay's claim was scummy, but he never commented on the case at all, and he simply voted Flay after I had confirmed him scum, adding nothing to the discussion.

-Setael/OGB did not say much at all before placing the hammer and later being replaced, but one post does give him a townie point:
OozingGolfBall wrote:
Benmage wrote:You swear Flay to be scum. ABR is 99% sure jvw is scum... others wanna see Mufasa hung, who should we follow?

Honestly looking back at Flay, other than his odd continual tangent about Jester possibility his posts are generally pretty good, comprehensive and aren't simply one-liners, he isn't high on my 'scum-radar' yet. (I'm also not suggesting that good posting/contributing clears you from the possibility of scum, I just think there are much better cases out there than Flay.)
Do you have any other Flay defense besides his content? I've only seen him adequately respond to the attack on his jester discussion, and he hasn't addressed almost every other part of slicey's case.
Of these people, Benmage is the most likely scumpartner to Flay, followed by Kison, armlx, SpyreX, Setael, and then Faraday (who is very likely not scum with Flay at all). This analysis would be more conclusive if combined with an analysis of their Fabian/Mufasa interactions. Something similar should also be done for people who stayed off the Flay wagon altogether.
Permanent V/LA.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Setael »

MoS wrote:So, who do we lynch next?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:00 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Setael wrote:MBL's posts 1667 and 1668 make me highly suspicious that he and mustafa are scum buddies. Can someone also direct me to where in the thread kairyuu is confirmed town by those 2 players? If that's the case, mustafa's in hot water and MBL is pretty clearly trying to save him.
Setael wrote:It's pretty clear that the notes are true, which makes me suspicious of MBL who disappeared after trying to discredit them (quoting Flay to back him up. really?) So basically, MBL is right below Mufasa on my scum list.
If this is your case, it's unbelievably horrid.

1) Anyone who would tie themselves to the sinking rock that was Mufasa? Retard. Yeah. Not this guy.
2) It's not at all clear that the notes are pro-town. If they are, that's great, they're a neat little tool to help catch scum. If not, they could be a tool for a scumgroup to manipulate the town with.
3) I'm far from alone in my skepticism about the notes. They could have been used in an attempt to frame SpyreX day one. They could have been used to incorrectly clear Kaiyruu yesterday. I'm sure we'll learn more today.
4) Me not telling my sleeping location does not affect yesterday's note evidence. According to you, we caught the only scum we're going to catch with that evidence. So clearly my reticence to claim is unrelated to the note evidence, which is apparently what you have a bug up your butt about.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:19 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

1.5) Oh yeah, I quoted the freshly lynched Flay, my scumpartner, to lend the critical piece of credibility to my scum plan to discredit the nightly note. On the same page that I voted Flay's scumpartner Mufasa after drawing a connection between him and Flay, and then asked if Mufasa and his other scumpartner Kairyuu might be lying about the note.

Think, people.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

the silent speaker replaces fuzzylightning, Knight of Cydonia replaces Seraphim.

Knight of Cydonia has been allowed to replace into the game because I feel his previous role does not contain any information that will assist him in the game.

That being said, he is replacing on the condition that he cannot speak about his previous role or explain any actions he has previously taken in the game. If he does he will be mod killed immediately. Anyone attempting to learn information about his previous role will be cited for Jackassery and/or modkilled as well.

I hope I am clear on this.

Twilight will be extended slightly but not very much longer. Thank you for your patience.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

TO summarise MBL's "defence"
1) WIFOM
2) Stating the obvious
3) More stating the obvious, plus mentioning "others" who agree with him, without actually naming them.
4) Not true. Setael's accusation is that you're trying to discredit the note evidence, after it has already outed one scum. Your reticence to claim is scummy, and the requirement that we trust a person we don't know the alignment of makes me wonder if your role will somehow enable you to fabricate evidence tonight that will clear you/indict someone somehow.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Hi all. Rereading before joining cannot be compared to rereading after joining, but based on before entering the game I endorse a julienvonwolfe lynch tomorrow but have serious misgivings about Albert. Chiefest among them is that in my view Setael has indeed caught a lie; even assuming Albert truly believed Isacc and KOC were talking in quicktopic, he should not have been able to say he
noticed
them unless he actually did. He has, however, contributed to the deaths of more than one scum, and I weigh that too.

Kairyuu, when do you act: rapid, twilight, or daybreak?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Well... Fuck me.

Due to a mod error, I counted SpyreX's vote twice on mistake. Mufasa has NOT been lynched.

However, due to some abilities already resolving on my error I will not allow anyone to re-target abilities and keep all locations, including those which were sent randomly.

I'm very sorry for this.

The Twenty-Ninth Vote Count

Vote Count
  1. (0) fuzzylightning -
  2. (0) MacavityLock -
  3. (0) Seraphim -
  4. (0) julienvonwolfe -
  5. (0) Benmage -
  6. (1)
    Kairyuu - Mufasa
  7. (0) Tosarian2 -
  9. (0) armlx -
  11. (0) Goatrevolt -
  12. (0) Moratorium -
  13. (9)
    Mufasa - Kairyuu, MrBuddyLee, SpyreX, Faraday, Yosarian2, julienvonwolfe, Albert B. Rampage, Benmage, Moratorium
  14. (0) SpyreX -
  16. (0) Faraday -
  17. (0) Sajin -
  18. (0) MrBuddyLee -
  19. (0) Kison -
Votes Required to Lynch:

Not Voting (12): fuzzylightning, MacavityLock, Seraphim, julienvonwolfe, Cyberbob, armlx, Mastermind of Sin, Goatrevolt, OozingGolfball, Sajin, MBL, Kison, Moratorium

FoS Count
  1. (0) fuzzylightning -
  2. (0) MacavityLock -
  3. (0) Seraphim -
  4. (0) julienvonwolfe -
  5. (0) Benmage -
  6. (0) Kairyuu -
  7. (0) Tosarian2 -
  9. (0) armlx -
  11. (0) Goatrevolt -
  12. (0) Moratorium -
  13. (0) Mufasa -
  14. (0) SpyreX -
  16. (0) Faraday -
  17. (1)
    Sajin - MrBuddyLee
  18. (0) MrBuddyLee -
  19. (0) Kison -
Not FoSing (18): fuzzylightning, MacavityLock, Seraphim, julienvonwolfe, Cyberbob, Kairyuu, Yosarian2, Albert B. Rampage, armlx, Mastermind of Sin, Goatrevolt, Moratorium, Mufasa, SpyreX, OozingGolfball, Faraday, Sajin, Kison

Lynch Count has NOT been reached!
Last edited by Kinetic on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh lord hammer him someone.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by Sajin »

vote: Mufasa
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:00 pm

Vote: Mufasa
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:01 pm

Vote: Mufasa
Permanent V/LA.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Setael »

@tss: after further research, I've found reason to believe that AS can make statements they know are untrue if they are obviously being sarcastic. The only way to break the oath is to lie with the intent to deceive.

This clarification is mod confirmed.

ABR was clearly being some form of sarcastic, since to my knowledge you can't really "notice" someone going to talk in a qt thread.

I find it obnoxious that ABR refused to even address it, but ABR is obnoxious and I should just expect it from him by now.

Also, tss, that catch was not mine, it was julinwolfe's that I was agreeing with.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Kinetic »

Well... Fuck me.

This 'twilight' will be really short.

The Thirtieth Vote Count

Vote Count
  1. (0) fuzzylightning -
  2. (0) MacavityLock -
  3. (0) Seraphim -
  4. (0) julienvonwolfe -
  5. (0) Benmage -
  6. (1)
    Kairyuu - Mufasa
  7. (0) Tosarian2 -
  9. (0) armlx -
  11. (0) Goatrevolt -
  12. (0) Moratorium -
  13. (10)
    Mufasa - Kairyuu, MrBuddyLee, SpyreX, Faraday, Yosarian2, julienvonwolfe, Albert B. Rampage, Benmage, Moratorium, Sajin
  14. (0) SpyreX -
  16. (0) Faraday -
  17. (0) Sajin -
  18. (0) MrBuddyLee -
  19. (0) Kison -
Votes Required to Lynch:

FoS Count
  1. (0) fuzzylightning -
  2. (0) MacavityLock -
  3. (0) Seraphim -
  4. (0) julienvonwolfe -
  5. (0) Benmage -
  6. (0) Kairyuu -
  7. (0) Tosarian2 -
  9. (0) armlx -
  11. (0) Goatrevolt -
  12. (0) Moratorium -
  13. (0) Mufasa -
  14. (0) SpyreX -
  16. (0) Faraday -
  17. (1)
    Sajin - MrBuddyLee
  18. (0) MrBuddyLee -
  19. (0) Kison -

Lynch Count has been reached!
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Thank God. I totally agreed with KoC before he got killed that Mufasa needed to be lynched.
*raises glass* This one's for you, dead-me-but-not-me!

*Narrows Eyes*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”